Mafia - Family Guy

Groot

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Says in the rules on page 1 that Stewie can't kill Lois

Ah:laugh:

I should really read the OP carefully before I start!

What about the episode in season 7 entitled "Stewie Kills Lois"?;) (I know, I know:o)

Right I'm still waiting on a couple of PM's as the day came to an early end I'll give them until the morning latest then I'll proceed without them.

Malky

yvonnejambo

When will the next deadline be Malky? I am driving down to Edinburgh tomorrow morning and wont get home till after 10pm on Saturday.

We still waiting for something to happen?

The roled players suck big time :mad:

Booooooooo.

yvonnejambo
We still waiting for something to happen?

The roled players suck big time :mad:

Booooooooo.

I know they have 4 days bloody notice! Malky should just turn the game back tonight and lets hope its the baddies that aint checked in to Malky :)

Well, we could get it fired up again if we just go for the BS idea for all night time activities.

i.e. Joe investigates the player after him, Stewie attempts to kill the player after him and Jesus tries to save the player (the one after him would be pointless as Stewie wouldn't be trying to kill that one) a random number of places after him. Let's go for 6, since it's a perfect number. Whoever else has night action forgoes it for this evening as even the rawest of recruits surely wouldn't try a mayor-kill with so little information to go on.

Just a thought.

It's been night since 11am, I would have thought everyone would have been around at some point since then.

I mean what kind of lives do some people lead that they're not on a computer at some point during the day? :)

Obviously not ones which involve a lot of avoidance of revision.

yvonnejambo
Well, we could get it fired up again if we just go for the BS idea for all night time activities.

i.e. Joe investigates the player after him, Stewie attempts to kill the player after him and Jesus tries to save the player (the one after him would be pointless as Stewie wouldn't be trying to kill that one) a random number of places after him. Let's go for 6, since it's a perfect number. Whoever else has night action forgoes it for this evening as even the rawest of recruits surely wouldn't try a mayor-kill with so little information to go on.

Just a thought.

I may be being thick here but I cant see Stewie or any of the other baddies foloowing a strategy to help the town win. maybe Im reading it wrong and I am feeling tired and thick tonight so apologies if i misread it.

sorry folks, got all PM's story to follow, Yvonne next deadline will be Sunday at 9 then every 48 hours after that

I may be being thick here but I cant see Stewie or any of the other baddies foloowing a strategy to help the town win. maybe Im reading it wrong and I am feeling tired and thick tonight so apologies if i misread it.

Hmmm, yeah...that would've made it a bit obvious who Stewie was :laugh:

I'll just have to try and claim it was me trying to help the town rather than not thinking it through clearly.

Ah well, looks like we're going to be under way soon enough.

Joe wheeled up behind the Channel 5 studios, he had heard that Peanut was hanging around there and there was something troubling him about that fellow.

Just as he got through the fire exit to the back stage area Diane Simmons came running towards him in a state of panic, from nowhere came a bright flash of light

stewiegriffin.gif

when the smoke cleared all that remained of Diane was a pair of knockoff Jimmy Choos.....

choos-small2.jpg

Peanut - Diane Simmons lay dead by Stewie's hands

Unfortunately for Diane Jesus had chosen to look over Joe on this evening

Mayor West was busy with other things tonight and chose not to use one of his kills.....

MayorWestwithCatLauncher.jpg

19 players left, 10 for a lynch

Deadline will be Sunday at 9pm, have fun :sorcerer:

Good news that Jesus knows who Joe is.

Bad news that Peanut/Diane's gone, though without getting the investigation results the masonic roles maybe aren't quite as powerful as they've been in the past.

I was all set to blame Maxi for offing Peanut..but he's not playing :laugh:

So who's likely to have it in for him?

Not good

Not sure how much it will help us either that Jesus knows Joe, since they can't communicate, although I guess it can't hurt

Its not just the fact we have lost a mason that's disappointing. What are the chances that they would pick the same person to target as Joe was going to find out was innocent :(

Not sure how much it will help us either that Jesus knows Joe, since they can't communicate, although I guess it can't hurt

I just feel it's slightly better than neutral in that, if things get critical later on, that bit of information could become importanter.

yvonnejambo

Thats a bad start. Peanut is a good player, I would have also looked to Maxi as Stewie for the killing. I do think it would have been an experienced player or team that would pick up on Peanut as a threat.

Good that Jesus knows who Joe is though even if they cant Pm each other subtle on thread clues could help. That and the fact that Jesus gets Joes investigations is a good help.

Ah, yes. Stewie him/herself could be inexperienced but there will be battle-hardened veterans amongst them.

Had this feeling for a wee while....Vote Borthers

mmmm as its only my second game still trying to get the feel of it i think, my vote this time will be for...

VOTE MARTY-FRENCH

Sexton Hardcastle

Pretty shabby start there. Could have been worse i suppose.

Wont vote just yet as theres still little to go on.

Whens the next deadline?

Pretty shabby start there. Could have been worse i suppose.

Wont vote just yet as theres still little to go on.

Whens the next deadline?

sunday 9PM

Righty-ho folks town-saving time again.

How's about this for a brainwave...

Everybody claims which townie they represent. Then the real townies can come on and say... 'no you're not...I am'

This will root out the goons who are trying to hide in amongst the good guys but will probably give the goons guaranteed targets to hit at night.

I'd expect (not thought it through all the way to conclusion) that there should be enough townies kicking around to see off the goons eventually.

Not suggesting we go for it straight away - just give it some thought.

I did ask Malky earlier and he confirmed it's okay to claim a character, just not a role. That's why it'll make it easy for the goons to target really good guys, but since Jesus knows Joe and the two masons know each other the town should have the upper hand.

I think.

ArmiyaRomanova
Righty-ho folks town-saving time again.

How's about this for a brainwave...

Everybody claims which townie they represent. Then the real townies can come on and say... 'no you're not...I am'

This will root out the goons who are trying to hide in amongst the good guys but will probably give the goons guaranteed targets to hit at night.

I'd expect (not thought it through all the way to conclusion) that there should be enough townies kicking around to see off the goons eventually.

Not suggesting we go for it straight away - just give it some thought.

I did ask Malky earlier and he confirmed it's okay to claim a character, just not a role. That's why it'll make it easy for the goons to target really good guys, but since Jesus knows Joe and the two masons know each other the town should have the upper hand.

I think.

Interesting idea, but (I think, I haven't fully thought it through) very unwise at this stage in the game, because the players who could be picked up on for lying about their identities won't just be the four goons.

Jesus, Joe, Tom Tucker and Ollie Williams will also have to lie to protect their town-saving status. And the goons, who can all communicate, would then be able to spot them and pick them off easily.

So, it's a tactic that could prove useful at a point where Jesus and Joe in particular have exited the game, but not before.

the players who could be picked up on for lying about their identities won't just be the four goons.

Yeah - that's one of the drawbacks.

Jesus, Joe, Tom Tucker and Ollie Williams will also have to lie to protect their town-saving status. And the goons, who can all communicate, would then be able to spot them and pick them off easily.

So, it's a tactic that could prove useful at a point where Jesus and Joe in particular have exited the game, but not before.

At this stage it's 15 v 4 - I think (still haven't thought it through) that would give the town enough leeway to end up with a townie victory...just have to be prepared for quite a lot of collateral damage :(

@Borthers it's only the claiming of roles that are mod-killable...that's why I've been up front about my character. Someone in the same industry as yourself, but more visual.

You can hint at your character but not come out and say exactly who you are, wheres the fun in doing it that way? For example if i came out and said i was peter that is a no no but if i said i was fat and stupid then there is nothing wrong with that

With the obvious reason that i was lying (i prefer the term cuddly) apologies if this isnt making sense im doing it on my mobile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boof

Is it okay if I claim to be who I really am on-thread...given that I'm unroled?

Ref the rules -

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you’re Joe or Stewie etc you will be mod killed

The named roles for townies are purely to make the lynches etc more interesting

Malky

The above was what I assumed to be carte blanche to give you my role. But I'm now glad I didn't state explicitly who I am.

For the record, I'm neither fat nor stupid (that's me in character, by the way). I'd better find out more about FG before I say much more :laugh:

I've had a couple of PM's from people concerned about the game going this way and the possibility of the obvious hinting ruining things. I have not changed anything that hasn't been written in the rules in previous games but before the all out hint fest starts let me have a think about it before I give the go ahead.

Cheers

Malky

I've had a couple of PM's from people concerned about the game going this way and the possibility of the obvious hinting ruining things. I have not changed anything that hasn't been written in the rules in previous games but before the all out hint fest starts let me have a think about it before I give the go ahead.

Cheers

Malky

I think it would ruin things

for that reason

VOTE: BOOF

I think it could hand us a big advantage - though I still can't work out if Malky is saying it's okay or not.

Bit hasty to be going for Boof, especially when he's working out good ways of getting at the goons.

I like to vote for Boof.. :smash:

if you can say you are a non-rolled person, whether you are rolled or not. This will lead to both the goons and the good rolled people claiming to be the non rolled people.

So, there are 4 goons and 5 good guys left, with 10 townies.

SO... 10 townies will claim they are townies and the 9 rolled players will claim they are the same townies. So all 9 will be under suspiscion not just the goons. This could lead us to killing off the good people.

On the other hand... Say Mayor West, a townie and a goon all claim to be the same townie.. and we as a group bump off the townie, the Mayor will know he can kill the other one as he is a goon. But what happens if the 3rd person was Jesus. The mayor would kill him. In the meantime, the Mafia would all know that the other person who claimed that role would be a good rolled person and they would end up dead.

I don;'t think it would help. Reason is that there are more good roles than goons at the moment and more likely that we would take one of them out.

If I was a Goon, which I am not.. I would be all for this plan..

Therefore my vote for Boof will stand.

I'm not going to bother reading this through. .. Just hitting submit.

Could I just suggest at this time that nobody does any hinting until we hear back from Malky.

I don't think it would help. Reason is that there are more good roles than goons at the moment and more likely that we would take one of them out.

I did say we'd have to be prepared to accept a fair amount of collateral damage but still have enough personnel to ensure a townie win.

Looks like it's going to be a moot point anyway - thinking hat back on again.

i'm not sure if i like the boof idea or not to be honest, half the fun (frustration) is not knowing who is what. i'd hold off from role claiming unless its a last resort really and we're down to our last few players as i think at the moment the disadvantages outweigh the advantages at the mo

i'm undecided as to who to vote for and i'm loathe to go for the usual suspects just for frequent posting.

gonna get my thinking cap on and come back to you

Christ, now I know how the mods feel

Right, I'm in a quandry, as per the rules you can hint at what you are but cannot come out and say it but for the sake of good order try not to do it. If you are blatantly obvious I will modkill you, if you want to run posts by me first feel free.

I know thats about as clear as crap but to summarise it is preferred that you don't hint at your character but if you do and are obvious about it I will kill you.

Could I just suggest at this time that nobody does any hinting until we hear back from Malky.

troublemaker.gif

I like to vote for Boof.. :smash:

if you can say you are a non-rolled person, whether you are rolled or not. This will lead to both the goons and the good rolled people claiming to be the non rolled people.

So, there are 4 goons and 5 good guys left, with 10 townies.

SO... 10 townies will claim they are townies and the 9 rolled players will claim they are the same townies. So all 9 will be under suspiscion not just the goons. This could lead us to killing off the good people.

On the other hand... Say Mayor West, a townie and a goon all claim to be the same townie.. and we as a group bump off the townie, the Mayor will know he can kill the other one as he is a goon. But what happens if the 3rd person was Jesus. The mayor would kill him. In the meantime, the Mafia would all know that the other person who claimed that role would be a good rolled person and they would end up dead.

I don;'t think it would help. Reason is that there are more good roles than goons at the moment and more likely that we would take one of them out.

If I was a Goon, which I am not.. I would be all for this plan..

Therefore my vote for Boof will stand.

I'm not going to bother reading this through. .. Just hitting submit.

Not sure about voting for Boof just yet, but I agree with your thinking on this new BS.

Don't think it's a good idea at all. The only people it can really help are the goons, as they can all communicate with each other. As soon as two people who aren't one of them claim the same role then they'll know that one of those two has a good role.

There's no way for the rest of us to spot who's lying and who isn't when two people claim the same role. What are we meant to do - lynch both of them every single time? Not like that's going to help our odds at all.

Surely anyone can't really think this is a good idea? Unless they're the goons of course.

By the way, I've not been rolled anywhere yet, I'm non-roled though. :)

Sheiky Baby

Gaaaaaaaaar I not be liking this 'I claim to be this person' thingy

I'm going to wait till tomorrow then see what happens. I still think working on instinct at this early stage is the best way forward, we might get lucky eh?!

By the way, I've not been rolled anywhere yet, I'm non-roled though. :)

I did have that.. and went back and spell checked it without thinking!

lol

C'mon folks - get posting to give us something to go on.

Still not had another brainwave...yet. :D

ArmiyaRomanova

No clue at this stage, and since I'm off out tomorrow, better get my vote in now just in case.

Based on something I spotted early in the thread - but which I admit might be nothing...

VOTE : Silly Sausage

Archived