Karapidis big doubt

lambojambo

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
I'd stick Klimavicius straight in.

Havent we missed the boat to get him registered in time. Dont think you can play trialists in the SPL. We would have to have signed and registered him by 12 surely?

Zaliukas his 3 game suspension doesn't start until next weekend.

He is already in the middle of a 4 game suspension

Am sure it was a one game suspension which was last week and then a three game suspension (for going over the points barrier) which starts against Dundee U.

I'm pretty sure it was a one game suspension for the red card and then a separate three game suspension for the disciplinanry points. He has served the one game suspension and the three game one kicks in next week.

Can you play trialists in the SPL?

I really don't have a clue what Csaba will do here. Surely has to put McGowan in but I honestly can't think who else we will play at centre back. Robbie Neilson and put Thomson in at right back? :tongue:

balogh

neilson jonsson wallace

driver aguiar mrowiec stewart palazuelos

nade glen

A 3 man defence. Brave but very foolish! ;)

Can you play trialists in the SPL?

I really don't have a clue what Csaba will do here. Surely has to put McGowan in but I honestly can't think who else we will play at centre back. Robbie Neilson and put Thomson in at right back? :tongue:

Robbie is hopeless in the air!

Csaba said in his press conference that theres no way the new guy would play this weekend if he signed or not. I would think thsi would be the perfect chance for McGowan, however that seems unlikely, so step up Adrian Mrowiec!

balogh

neilson jonsson wallace

nade glen

No offence mate but I think that would be a catastrophic team selection.

To go 3 at the back would be ridiculous. Are you meaning to play neilson and wallace as centre halves and driver and ruben as wing backs? Even that would be a bad idea IMO.

I'd say bring in the Lithuanian new guy or play McGowan and keep the same team as last week.

balogh

neilson jonsson wallace

nade glen

Don't like the look of that one bit and I doubt Csaba would go for 3 in defence anyway.

I'm thinking a 4-1-4-1 is more likely:

The Balogh

Thomson/Nielson/Jonsson/Wallace

Mroweic

Obua/Agiuar/Stewart/Driver

Nade

I'd prefer to see McGowan to get a game tho!

pupstersajambo

If Karipidis is missing I have little doubt that Zal would be utilised. Csaba has already said that Zal wouldn't play because he's missing for 3 games following the Saints game so wanted Kari and Eggy to form a partnership. If that partnership is broken up because of illness then I reckon Csaba would be forced to play one of our proven CH's rather than try Mrowviec there.

It'll be Zaliukas. He's available for tomorrow then suspended for the next 3 games after.

If thats true...

The Balogh

Nielson/Zal/Jonsson/Wallace

Nade/Glen

Decent enough?!

It'll be Zaliukas. He's available for tomorrow then suspended for the next 3 games after.

The referee will be rubbing his hands.

A red card for a Lithuanian earns bonus SFA points! :mw_rolleyes:

No offence mate but I think that would be a catastrophic team selection.

To go 3 at the back would be ridiculous. Are you meaning to play neilson and wallace as centre halves and driver and ruben as wing backs? Even that would be a bad idea IMO.

I'd say bring in the Lithuanian new guy or play McGowan and keep the same team as last week.

this is an internet fans forum, you don't need to start your post "no offence but..." :)

we're all big boys here hopefully, nobody need get upset if others disagree with them otherwise it's the wrong place for them.

i think it could either way with a system like that, it could either come off big time or fall flat on it's face. maybe only to be used in extreme cases.

no he's not. he's suspended for 4 straight games and is available against Hibs.

hopefully mcgowan will play but i wouldn't be surprised if mrowiec was put in at centre half

According to one thread Zaliukas is definately suspended, according to this one he definately isn't. So if he is available then it will be Zaliukas and Jonsson, assuming Karipidis isn't fit.

Our other options are Mrowiec or McGowan.

Other suggestions to have Brown, Neilson or Thomson (all full-backs) would leave us increadibly vulnerable at the back. Having Jonsson there is already bad enough but to put one of those next to him would be suicidal.

At least Mroweic and McGowan have a bit of height about them.

The Daily Record ran a story earlier in the week about Csabas comments on Zaliukas, at the end of the story was a paragraph stating that contary to what Csaba had said, the SFA had confirmed that Zaliukas IS banned for Saturdays game.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/res/documents/PlayerSuspensions/Season08/09/LOS31(19Feb).pdf

scroll down to 'outstanding suspensions'.

from the sfa website

07/02/09 MARIUS ZALIUKAS (HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN F.C.)

1 SPL First Team match immediate and 3

SPL First Team matches from 21/02/2009

loveofthegame
no he's not. he's suspended for 4 straight games and is available against Hibs.

hopefully mcgowan will play but i wouldn't be surprised if mrowiec was put in at centre half

I was sure he was available for some reason. Possibly wrong, dunno where i made that up from though...

If thats true...

The Balogh

Nielson/Zal/Jonsson/Wallace

Nade/Glen

Decent enough?!

Agreed, can't see any other team playing.

I think it'll end up being Mrowiec.

Any idea the last time we played a match without a recognised centre half?

I wonder if McPherson will employ high balls into our box to Memet? :rolleyes:

Mroviec certainly played CH in training yesterday, he looked pretty good too, but it was against his own team mates.

Maybe the 3-5-2 post is not so off the wall as Neilson, Jonsson and Wallace did play in a back 3 in the opposite team from the one which featured McGowan and Mroviec as a CH pairing. Maybe Chabbs will have signed Klimavicius today -[ he also looked to be the real deal in training but was with the kids, NOT the first team ] - and play big Adrian and Arunas together? Who knows? Double A?

Whatever the line-up we should pump midden anyway!

Mon the Hearts!

Mroviec certainly played CH in training yesterday, he looked pretty good too, but it was against his own team mates.

Maybe the 3-5-2 post is not so off the wall as Neilson, Jonsson and Wallace did play in a back 3 in the opposite team from the one which featured McGowan and Mroviec as a CH pairing. Maybe Chabbs will have signed Klimavicius today -[ he also looked to be the real deal in training but was with the kids, NOT the first team ] - and play big Adrian and Arunas together? Who knows? Double A?

Whatever the line-up we should pump midden anyway!

Mon the Hearts!

Swifty Frisko
McGowan's big chance.

...Yeah right.

I may have missed something, but do we know why Csaba seems reluctant to play McGowan?

People who have watched him seem to think he is good enough.

brellierlegend
balogh

neilson jonsson wallace

nade glen

A 3-5-2 is an antiquated system that has absolutely no place in modern day football.

That back 3 would get ripped to pieces!

Zaliukas his 3 game suspension doesn't start until next weekend.

Hope your first post was a bit more accurate than this one.:rolleyes:

I may have missed something, but do we know why Csaba seems reluctant to play McGowan?

People who have watched him seem to think he is good enough.

I think we have just had better options than McGowan up until now. I have never heard Csaba say anythng bad about the player.

I think it'll end up being Mrowiec.

Any idea the last time we played a match without a recognised centre half?

The time when Tall finally came on off the bench, I'd no idea who the hell he was :laugh:

Archived