Yet another Rudi Skacel thread.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Let me start by saying I dont want him back. And Iam not having a go at the guy, but I'm watching him play for Southampton on The Championship on ITV4 and the guy is an absolute shadow of the player we had for that season. He's ambling about (out of position granted) with his shoulders nched looking like a man who's never seen a football. No urgency, no desire, nothing. I know his team are in the Brad Pitt but he looks like he would rather be anywhere but there.

Anyone reckon there is a wee bit of him thinking, even with Vlad there at his maddest, he might have been a bit hasty to follow his uncle George down the road. Looks like a massive waste of talent to me.

Let me start by saying I dont want him back. And Iam not having a go at the guy, but I'm watching him play for Southampton on The Championship on ITV4 and the guy is an absolute shadow of the player we had for that season. He's ambling about (out of position granted) with his shoulders nched looking like a man who's never seen a football. No urgency, no desire, nothing. I know his team are in the Brad Pitt but he looks like he would rather be anywhere but there.

Anyone reckon there is a wee bit of him thinking, even with Vlad there at his maddest, he might have been a bit hasty to follow his uncle George down the road. Looks like a massive waste of talent to me.

BRING BACK RUDI SKACEL! OR ELSE!

letter's on its way to tynie the now.

Exactly the type of player Csaba would kick up the arse and get results.

If he can get Nade to chase down defenders.....

Exactly the type of player Csaba would kick up the arse and get results.

If he can get Nade to chase down defenders.....

Exclusive: Csaba caught putting mars bars in opposition players shorts.

Depends on his priorities. He will be earning good money in a good league. Maybe he is happy with the easy life ?

ahhh c'mon. Its no been that long? what could he possibly of done to himself to make him crap? Get him back in a maroon jersey and he'd no doubt be banging in the goals for fun yet again. He'll be wanting decent money though and as we're trying to cut the wage bill..... It wont happen. Im sure romanov treated him like **** anyway. Just like all the other good players we USED to have.

ahhh c'mon. Its no been that long? what could he possibly of done to himself to make him crap? Get him back in a maroon jersey and he'd no doubt be banging in the goals for fun yet again. He'll be wanting decent money though and as we're trying to cut the wage bill..... It wont happen. Im sure romanov treated him like **** anyway. Just like all the other good players we USED to have.

What? Did he decide after January that it wasn't fun anymore?

What? Did he decide after January that it wasn't fun anymore?

My old boss is a season ticket holder at St Mary's. He said it was a similar pattern to when he was a Tynie... 6 month honeymoon period when he was on fire, then he kinda lost his mojo.

Maybe Dr Evil stole it.

thejollyjambo09

My friend is a Saints regular aswell and says that he is regularly crap now!

Did he not go on loan to a german team for a bit aswell?

Aye, Hertha Berlin.

Say What Again
We saw the best of Rudi.

He'll be 30 in July.

Ruud van Nistelrooy will be 33.

I see your point :unsure:

He`s a funny one Rudi. Andy Driver is a great prospect and we`d expect a few mill for him if he was to go but IMO he doesn`t have the ability Rudi had at skipping past players and ramming shots in from any angle.

There`s no doubt he had the same lift everyone else had a Hearts during the euphoria of Burley getting the managers job and the good feeling the club had at the influx of many new players.

Libertonian_II
He`s a funny one Rudi. Andy Driver is a great prospect and we`d expect a few mill for him if he was to go but IMO he doesn`t have the ability Rudi had at skipping past players and ramming shots in from any angle.

And Driver doesn't skip past players? I don't recall Skatchel scoring a goal of the quality that Driver did against Falkirk

And Driver doesn't skip past players? I don't recall Skatchel scoring a goal of the quality that Driver did against Falkirk

Anyone got a video of this goal? It was something special! :)

Say What Again

Another argument that has no end.

You say Skacel couldn't score a goal of that quality. He did however score more in half a season than AD has scored in his entire Hearts career from the same position.

Would you rather have a forward who scored 20 tap-ins a season or a forward who scored 7 goals - 3 of them rakers?

Would you rather a keeper that saved 80% of shots he faced or a keeper that saved 50% but one of those saves won save of the season?

Libertonian_II
Another argument that has no end.

You say Skacel couldn't score a goal of that quality. He did however score more in half a season than AD has scored in his entire Hearts career from the same position.

Would you rather have a forward who scored 20 tap-ins a season or a forward who scored 7 goals - 3 of them rakers?

Would you rather a keeper that saved 80% of shots he faced or a keeper that saved 50% but one of those saves won save of the season?

Maybe you should look at the quality of the respective teams that they played in, or maybe that Driver is a developing talent, whereas Skatchel was at his peak

Arguement ended:)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Most of Skacel's career has been a waste. Without knowing all the ins and outs I would say it's a safe bet that the most successful spell of that career was with us.

Still the best run of performances I've ever seen from a Hearts player.

Say What Again
Maybe you should look at the quality of the respective teams that they played in, or maybe that Driver is a developing talent, whereas Skatchel was at his peak

Arguement ended:)

Whose to say Andy will develop into anything? Rudi's goals are there, done, set in stone. Would you rather be 12 points clear at the top of the league or have 4 games in hand?

Will Driver ever score 15 or so goals in half a season for any team?

Current Barca team for example?

if so - prove it :tongue:

Argument on (and on and on and on and on and .......)

Ruud van Nistelrooy will be 33.

I see your point :unsure:

Wide midfielders usually have a shorter shelf-life. You don't see many 33 year old wingers.

Say What Again
Wide midfielders usually have a shorter shelf-life. You don't see many 33 year old wingers.

Not now that Stanley Matthews has retired.

Not now that Stanley Matthews has retired.

I never saw him play old yin.

If we were to resign one player from the recent past I would rather have Velicka back than Rudi.

BlackhallJambo
I never saw him play old yin.

If we were to resign one player from the recent past I would rather have Velicka back than Rudi.

Taxi and quick!!

To be fair Southampton ARE crap and have been for nearly a couple of seasons. Comfortably the worst team we played at Hillsborough last season. We beat them 5-0 and it could easily have been more. His confidence must be low and he's been played all over the place too. Left back, left midfield, centre midfield. It's no surprise he wants to leave. He was the only player who looked remotely interested when we played them.

Libertonian_II
Whose to say Andy will develop into anything? Rudi's goals are there, done, set in stone. Would you rather be 12 points clear at the top of the league or have 4 games in hand?

Will Driver ever score 15 or so goals in half a season for any team?

Current Barca team for example?

if so - prove it :tongue:

Argument on (and on and on and on and on and .......)

Time will tell I suppose.............

Ryan Giggs?

wacky jambo, thanks for the video :)

Sydney from Sydney

Skacel and Hartley may look back on their careers and see Tynie as the place they played their best footie. Their spiritual home of you like. I also think both players complimented each other.

The perfect storm. New players and a manager trying to impress in an average league with a full Tynecastle behind them.

For the first eight games of the season we totally blitzed everyone. I'm sure this gave the wrong impression to Vlad. He thought it would be easy to dominate the SPL with his money. I also think Rudi left at the right time, before the gloss wore off him.

Can only wish him all the best.

I meant in almost one move. I didn`t mean Driver couldn`t "skip" past players but the ability to drive past someone then power a shot on goal.

Im not turning this into a criticism of Driver. AD is a great prospect and wingers are a dying breed, we`re lucky to have a player like Andy.

How come Cameron and Adam scorers and ultimately the men who were highly regarded as the "winners" of the 98 Scottish cup are remembered much more fondly than Mr Skacel the only scorer in regulation time for Hearts in 2006?

Many seem to remember him for scoring double digits before the end of January and apparently not turning up thereafter (more than Adam scored the entire 98 season and indeed more than he scored in any season as a striker for us).

Long live the Skacel. He should be much more fondly remembered and should not have the words "only played til Jan" follow most of the sentences about him on this forum.

:108years:

How come Cameron and Adam scorers and ultimately the men who were highly regarded as the "winners" of the 98 Scottish cup are remembered much more fondly than Mr Skacel the only scorer in regulation time for Hearts in 2006?

Many seem to remember him for scoring double digits before the end of January and apparently not turning up thereafter (more than Adam scored the entire 98 season and indeed more than he scored in any season as a striker for us).

Long live the Skacel. He should be much more fondly remembered and should not have the words "only played til Jan" follow most of the sentences about him on this forum.

:108years:

There are about 3 or 4 of my favourite Hearts players ever in that 2005-6 side, and probably about 8 of the best players I've seen play for Hearts. Rudi is one of them.

Sorry but Rudi was bought as a left back, we don't need a left back and if he moved forward he wouldn't get a game ahead of Driver or Obua. Rudi had a habit of only playing for half a game only really saw him put in one full shift for Hearts and that was when he had to drop back to full back.

Sorry but Rudi was bought as a left back, we don't need a left back and if he moved forward he wouldn't get a game ahead of Driver or Obua. Rudi had a habit of only playing for half a game only really saw him put in one full shift for Hearts and that was when he had to drop back to full back.

Rudi was bought as a left back?

Wouldn't get a game ahead of Driver or Obua?

Only played for half a game?

One full shift?

Can't say that I agree with any of your points!:laugh:

Archived