Sportscene.

DB-14

We will get lots more highlights from next season - Setanta only have the one EPL package so will need to fill up their schedule somehow.

PS - is Pat Nevin the agent for Andy Dorman from St Mirren? He got abaout as much airtime as the Hearts v Aberdeen game did.

RG & PN quite rightly slagged off the uglies game for being one of the worst seen in years, but then at the end of the programme they had the cheek show another 2/3 minutes of clips from the game wtf is that all about? we play out an incident packed 3 goal game and moved into 3rd spot yet are relegated to last with 2 minutes of highlights, after bloody St Midden!!! bbc tank tank tank :vangry:

how come the BBC can get EPL on saturday night at 10-30 and they cant negotiate a saturday night for our league? it seems to me we are way down the list of priorities to the BBC, with-hold your licence fee i say

how come the BBC can get EPL on saturday night at 10-30 and they cant negotiate a saturday night for our league? it seems to me we are way down the list of priorities to the BBC, with-hold your licence fee i say

FFS dont go saying anything that could jeapordise MOTD being beamed up here :eek:

I wanted to see that possible red card challenge, who was it?

One of the major talking points of the game yet not shown on any of the highlight packages!!

One of the major talking points of the game yet not shown on any of the highlight packages!!

Did it involve the OF in any way?

Why would anyone be interested in that?

Libertonian_II
The setanta 'highlights' show, was exactly the same as sportscene. The highlights for each game were the same.

The only difference was they had jim duffy being a knob on it.

I simply cant fathom why setanta with all their channel time to kill dont do similar to BBC alba and put every game from the SPl on delayed at some time during the week. Its been filmed in full. doesn't require studio time, simply play the tape

ARGHH!!!!

Precisely the reason I ditched setnatnat. Scottish football has sold its soul to an OF loving bunch of halfwits.

As the lowlights appear on the internet first, I see no need to waste good viewing time by subjecting us to a slightly more upmarket version of scotsport

Fozzyonthefence

Sportscene is big steaming pile of poo! And everyone said Scotsport was bad? At least their highlights lasted a bit longer than 3 minutes or so and they interviewed the managers.

FFS dont go saying anything that could jeapordise MOTD being beamed up here :eek:

Agreed.

I had to get up at 7:30 on sunday when the forfar/rangers game was on(then wasnt) and the shedule was changed....

Pressbox in advance of the weekend was shocking as well -- they said it would be "all about the Old Firm derby", and they weren't joking, they didn't spend one second speaking about any of the other games. Hateley at least forecast the score correctly. Too bad he didn't call for a couple of broken legs and a night in the gaol.

Add to the fact that the game was live on ****anta, anyone not at the game, 3/4 million punters? Would have ****anta or would be down the pub watching, so highlights are a waste of time.

The BBC were condemed for being London centric but what about weegie centric?

London and/or Weegie centric.

Interesting point. I remember in the 85/86 season when Saint and Greavsie ran at Saturday midday, the early part of the season was all about the OF when they went to Glasgow for the Scottish report. Then one Saturday, Jimmy Greaves asks the Scottish presenter "well what about these Jam Tarts, then ? ". From then on in - mid December to the bitter season end, The London centric/based program never got off the back of the Scottish end, asking and discussing and praising and analysing, Jimmy Greaves's "Jam Tarts". It was like the London based football media wanted the OF turned over.

From that period I've always had mixed feeling about accusations of London based media - these guys were smart enough to present the team with merit and not the teams with tradition.

I may be totally wrong but I think the BBC are tied by the fact that Setanta have the SPL contract and the BBC can only show what Setanta allows. The BBC has the contract for Scottish Cup highlights and these are shown on Saturday night. They are extended highlights as well. Blame Setanta for the poor SPL highlights show, not the BBC. Incidentally BBC Alba can be viewed on BBC i-player so I assume that we can watch entire games on there.

I may be totally wrong but I think the BBC are tied by the fact that Setanta have the SPL contract and the BBC can only show what Setanta allows. The BBC has the contract for Scottish Cup highlights and these are shown on Saturday night. They are extended highlights as well. Blame Setanta for the poor SPL highlights show, not the BBC. Incidentally BBC Alba can be viewed on BBC i-player so I assume that we can watch entire games on there.

But this is the daft thing about it, Setanta apparently show the same 'savaged' footage themselves ?

Now if they are not going to produce a meaningful HL package themselves then why don't they just hand over the 6 x 90 minute reels to the beeb and let them do their best. Unless this is just an attempt to maintain their own market by ensuring that the terrestrial package appears to be absolutely 2nd rate :mad:

I think I may have to e-mail the BBC AGAIN :mw_rolleyes: .............although I could be on their 'blocked sender' list by now :laugh:

Guest Dipped Flake
But this is the daft thing about it, Setanta apparently show the same 'savaged' footage themselves ?

Now if they are not going to produce a meaningful HL package themselves then why don't they just hand over the 6 x 90 minute reels to the beeb and let them do their best. Unless this is just an attempt to maintain their own market by ensuring that the terrestrial package appears to be absolutely 2nd rate :mad:

I think I may have to e-mail the BBC AGAIN :mw_rolleyes: .............although I could be on their 'blocked sender' list by now :laugh:

The Scottish highlights on Setanta used to be really good, in fact it was the only reason I got Setanta in the first place. However, once they got the EPL rights, Scottish football was pushed down their priorities

Captain Lithuania
Worst pitch i have seen in a long time for the SPL

Murderwell need to be spoken to about it.

There's hardly any grass on it!

The Scottish highlights on Setanta used to be really good, in fact it was the only reason I got Setanta in the first place. However, once they got the EPL rights, Scottish football was pushed down their priorities

Somebody said a similar thing last year. That the package was good and that the SPL roundup was top quality ?

It must have been shoved down the pecking order as you say. So it's basically bugger you if you dont have the Celtic or Rangers channel :mad:

Of course, we would not be having this discussion, about lack of quality, if the SPL TV channel had been launched :mw_rolleyes::laugh:

Archived