Sportscene.

DB-14

Thunderstruck
Worst pitch i have seen in a long time for the SPL

Murderwell need to be spoken to about it.

Or fined!

It looks like North Lanarkshire Council have been stockpiling grit for roads in Fir Park. It makes Ibrox of the 70's look like a bowling green.

Worst pitch i have seen in a long time for the SPL

Murderwell need to be spoken to about it.

A ?20k fine not "being spoken to"????

Only for failing to turn on undersoil heating. This is a different matter as the pitch was terrible last season aswell.

ANOTHER fine would surely fix the problem!

marshallschunkychicken

Hibs get Fletcher back 'and there's no reason they can't start climbing the league.'

Right then, Pat.

keeping the best till last :laugh:

By the 10 mins they have left they will be cutting it fine... Although it cant be worse than the shocking highlights on Setanta.

Was it not the case that the ?20,000 fine will be imposed if it happens again?

Hibs get Fletcher back 'and there's no reason they can't start climbing the league.'

Right then, Pat.

He said the same about Motherwell. Where's all the space for these teams climbing the league Pat ?

I need some earplugs..i really just want to see if the 'highlights' of our game as are representative of the 90 minutes as the 3 mins they shoved on the website..what a joke.

I can't, however, stand the drivvle Pat Nevin comes out with, just makes me want to throw a brick at my TV

will the bitter wee jobby nevin be able to stop himself saying something negative about hearts?

i doubt it.

my money is on "not good to watch"... or similar.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Thats exactly the same highlights as the website

Rankgers Smeltic get 5 minutes we get two

FFS

the same crappy 3 minutes of play then eh?

Yet they can spend almost half the programme on probably what was the most boring OF game of all time

I hate the BBC..all bought and paid for muppets

Not surprised but hugely disappointing level of coverage

Don't know why I expected anything more in-depth than I've already seen on the BBC website and Hearts World.

First and last time I'll be watching that nonesense.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

and the credits are more of the ugly sisters and "highlights" of the dullest SPL game of the season

I pay for this pi$h as well?

lackluster Old Firm game gets like 10 mins, Hearts game with 3 cracking goals left till the end and whats the post game analysis?

"good goal by mackie, hearts played well.... yip"

That was it.

I dont normally bother watching Sportscene, and after watching it tonight, it'll be a long time till i bother again. An absolute joke of a program, the presenters are a right couple of strokers as well.

Jeez what a rip!

P*sh 5 mins highlights and chat for Hearts.

15 mins for a 0-0 old firm game.

Dont forget all the old firm goals they showed at the start.

Was that because there was none to show from the weekend.

WTF

the fekwit BBC would argue that they are catering for the best supported teams of course.

it's a pile of pish though because everyone else pays the same licence fee and so in effect, even though you pay for your TV licence, you only get supplied with a 2nd echelon service through not supporting the right team.

magic eh?

Can hardly believe I'm saying this but ........bring back Scotsport :eek:

Either that or I sincerely hope the BBC negotiate a better package of 'highlights' than that next year.

I can see Setanta wanting to protect themselves to some degree but you cannot expect viewers to get enthused by that wee morsel :mad:

Jam Tarts 1874
the fekwit BBC would argue that they are catering for the best supported teams of course.

it's a pile of pish though because everyone else pays the same licence fee and so in effect, even though you pay for your TV licence, you only get supplied with a 2nd echelon service through not supporting the right team.

magic eh?

They might try and use that argument, but it just does not hold water. BBC Scotland waste licence fee payer's money on showing all kinds of minority sport or other events just for the sake of being able to claim balanced coverage, therefore their football coverage should also be balanced and not just weighted towards Celtic and Rangers.

Andy Gray would be spinning in his grave, imo.

If he were dead, of course.

Which he's not.

magic eh?

Add to the fact that the game was live on ****anta, anyone not at the game, 3/4 million punters? Would have ****anta or would be down the pub watching, so highlights are a waste of time.

The BBC were condemed for being London centric but what about weegie centric?

Add to the fact that the game was live on ****anta, anyone not at the game, 3/4 million punters? Would have ****anta or would be down the pub watching, so highlights are a waste of time.

The BBC were condemed for being London centric but what about weegie centric?

Jim, if you watch Sportscene you get all you deserve.

:D

Jim, if you watch Sportscene you get all you deserve.

:D

IJ my dear freind, you should know I never watch that pesh. I was mearly commenting on the quoted post.

Even if you take the time honoured argument of 'Coverage is dependant on support' then surely the two teams 3rd and 4th in terms of supporters should be covered second and in greater detail than last and 2.5 minutes.

Can hardly believe I'm saying this but ........bring back Scotsport :eek:

Either that or I sincerely hope the BBC negotiate a better package of 'highlights' than that next year.

I can see Setanta wanting to protect themselves to some degree but you cannot expect viewers to get enthused by that wee morsel :mad:

The setanta 'highlights' show, was exactly the same as sportscene. The highlights for each game were the same.

The only difference was they had jim duffy being a knob on it.

I simply cant fathom why setanta with all their channel time to kill dont do similar to BBC alba and put every game from the SPl on delayed at some time during the week. Its been filmed in full. doesn't require studio time, simply play the tape

ARGHH!!!!

Can hardly believe I'm saying this but ........bring back Scotsport :eek::

And have to endure:

- the programme starting five minutes later than billed so you can see some adverts

- loads of commercial breaks

- banal competitions that take ages to describe

- the same number of minutes football spread over an hour and a half, and starting later (at least Sportscene's over by quarter past eleven)

- Grant Stott

On the plus side, Graham Spiers and JC (when on) were better pundits.

The main issue is this though. In an age when video cameras are everywhere, we have to endure hopeless coverage with very little examination of contentious decisions. From all accounts, even if you subscribe to Setanta you get little more in the way of highlights.

Surely in this day and age, fans could get access to a full 90 minute recording of every game, even if just on the web, or perhaps a pay-per-view.

The contrast between the quality of presentation on MOTD and its Scottish equivalent has never been starker.

Even then, it's hard to understand why Hearts v Aberdeen gets three minutes and comes on last, ESPECIALLY on a week-end when the OF teams were only involved in one game. We played really well in the second half on Saturday, but all we got shown was one goal and two Aberdeen attacks (making it seem like they were unlucky rather than well beaten).

And have to endure:

- the programme starting five minutes later than billed so you can see some adverts

- loads of commercial breaks

- banal competitions that take ages to describe

- the same number of minutes football spread over an hour and a half, and starting later (at least Sportscene's over by quarter past eleven)

- Grant Stott

On the plus side, Graham Spiers and JC (when on) were better pundits.

The main issue is this though. In an age when video cameras are everywhere, we have to endure hopeless coverage with very little examination of contentious decisions. From all accounts, even if you subscribe to Setanta you get little more in the way of highlights.

Surely in this day and age, fans could get access to a full 90 minute recording of every game, even if just on the web, or perhaps a pay-per-view.

The contrast between the quality of presentation on MOTD and its Scottish equivalent has never been starker.

Even then, it's hard to understand why Hearts v Aberdeen gets three minutes and comes on last, ESPECIALLY on a week-end when the OF teams were only involved in one game. We played really well in the second half on Saturday, but all we got shown was one goal and two Aberdeen attacks (making it seem like they were unlucky rather than well beaten).

Granted Scotsp1sh had many faults and it does make you wonder what ersehole came up with the original format. It was much better when it got reduced to simple highlights + punditry. However my main point was that at least you got more footage than the pathetic 2 minutes we get now. Even although I was suspicious even then that 'certain' segments were already removed, if it happened to show either of the bigots in a bad light ? ( no doubt pandering to the subscribers of the Rangers and Celtic channels !

It sounds like Setanta only show the same 'lite' version of highlights themselves - hardly worth bothering really - and it appears a criminal waste of an Outside broadcast unit for 90 mins. As I said earlier, I assumed that the BBC were only being given crumbs from Setanta. However if that's all they are showing themselves, then maybe we need someone else ( who ? ) at the bargaining table next time ?

Archived