Our Debt

heartsfc_fan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7892497.stm

Nice positive video with Campbell Ogilvie :)

He said the "the figures will be better this year"......

So what do we think our current debt will be sitting at?

Will the ?12 million "debt for equity" be included in the figure?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7892497.stm

yes.

hope so 'cos if not, there going to be one hell of a bust up about it.

yes.

hope so 'cos if not, there going to be one hell of a bust up about it.

Thought so :o

Debt down to ?18 - ?19 Million now perhaps? That's my guess

Aye, I think the ?12m will be included. Add to that another ?13m for player sales and a reduced loss (maybe even a profit?!) and we could be at the lowest debt level since before Vlad took over. It'll be interesting to see what the wages/turnover ratio is now that we've cut so many big earners. If we can reduce costs while improving results then Laszlo will have to take a huge amount of credit.

The ?8M we've had so far for Craig Gordon will need to be taken off as well as the ?2.3M we got for Bednar.

I reckon it'll be roughly ?20M.

?36M - ?12M (debt for equity) - ?8M (Gordon) - ?2.3M (Bednar) + roughly ?4M (loss from last season) = ?18-?20M.

Guest jambomickey

there should be a massive difference in the debt after the amount of transfer money we've received and the big earners we've punted.

So to sum up, Mr Romanov is now doing a fine job?

By selling all our best players to get us back to where the pieman left us ? We are rapidly running out of players to sell for decent money. What next ?

PresidentRomanov
By selling all our best players to get us back to where the pieman left us ? We are rapidly running out of players to sell for decent money. What next ?

What players did he sell to write off ?12million from our debt?

PresidentRomanov
i'll wait till my copy of the accounts drop through the door picky.

It still won't make any difference, Vlads a bad man and nothings going to change that for some.

If the debt is back to around ?20m, it is less than it was when the Pieman left us and you have to say that mad Vlad has done a good jobn - especially given how hard he has made it for himself at times!

If the pieman had still been ruining the ship craig gordon would have gone to one of the uglies for ?350,000 tops FACT! END OF

rant:mad:

Nicholas Brody

We will always sell our best players no matter who is in charge. The pieman would never have got 9 million for Gordon. He is still a ^^^^ though.:rolleyes:

Guest Fabuloso
It still won't make any difference, Vlads a bad man and nothings going to change that for some.

Correct. He doesn't care if Hearts win or lose.

PresidentRomanov
gordan and bednar?

You seem a nice guy Mickey, but I think you're chappin most of the time :laugh:

I can't recall any mention of these players when the debt for equity deal was announced :laugh:

Guest jambomickey

picky he's only got himself to blame for that! he was a hero when he first arrived and then started his madness.

PresidentRomanov
If the pieman had still been ruining the ship craig gordon would have gone to one of the uglies for ?350,000 tops FACT! END OF

rant:mad:

And Hartley would've went to Celtic for the same amount.

It was largely missed in the midst of Roman Romanov's rantings, but at last year's AGM Stewart Fraser said that the debt was forecast to be ?34m at 31/7/08. That won't include the debt for equity swap, which had not then been announced but will be in the accounts as it happened on 31/7/08. It would have included the sale of Gordon.

The debt should therefore be ?20m or ?22m depending on whether or not he was assuming that WBA would exercise their option to buy Bednar, which happened before 31/7/08.

Save your cyber-breath PB. :o

Mr Romanov saved Heart of Midlothian FC, kept us at Tynecastle, won us the Scottish Cup and got us into the Champions League but they still won't give him an ounce of thanks. :mad:

PresidentRomanov
What has that got to do with the way he is running the club ?

Are you serious, what's him reducing the debt by ?12million got to do with him running the club :eek::laugh:

Are you serious, what's him reducing the debt by ?12million got to do with him running the club :eek::laugh:

He was paying for his own shambolic mistakes.

PresidentRomanov

Mr Romanov saved Heart of Midlothian FC, kept us at Tynecastle, won us the Scottish Cup and got us into the Champions League but they still won't give him an ounce of thanks. :mad:

Apparently, writing ?12million of the debt, has nothing to do with his running of the club either - you couldn't make it up :laugh:

PresidentRomanov
He was paying for his own shambolic mistakes.

Even if he was, would you still not say it was relevant to his running of the club?

With the exception of Sir David Murray, no other owner of a football club that I know of, has ever made such a generous gesture?

Guest Fabuloso

Theraphist, you are in dhenial my friend.

Guest jambomickey

the positives you state there are fact and can't be disputed but what about the negatives?

Apparently, writing ?12million of the debt, has nothing to do with his running of the club either - you couldn't make it up :laugh:

The debt only counts as "running the club" when it goes up. :o :o There are some right space cadets amongst our support. :rolleyes:

The ?8M we've had so far for Craig Gordon will need to be taken off as well as the ?2.3M we got for Bednar.

?36M - ?12M (debt for equity) - ?8M (Gordon) - ?2.3M (Bednar) + roughly ?4M (loss from last season) = ?18-?20M.

kinda along the same lines as my thinking. i would have said between ?19 and 23 million.

at least we seem to be heading in the right direction finally.

It was largely missed in the midst of Roman Romanov's rantings, but at last year's AGM Stewart Fraser said that the debt was forecast to be ?34m at 31/7/08. That won't include the debt for equity swap, which had not then been announced but will be in the accounts as it happened on 31/7/08. It would have included the sale of Gordon.

The debt should therefore be ?20m or ?22m depending on whether or not he was assuming that WBA would exercise their option to buy Bednar, which happened before 31/7/08.

that is probably the closest anyone will get to the actual point. your figures look to me to be the most likely to be announced.

i find it quite incredible that vlad is criticised for supposedly selling off the top players like gordon when it was his financial model that was responsible for the huge fee in the first place. gordon would never have re-signed for hearts had it not been for the ?16,000 per week contract he was given, and there was only one man underwriting hearts squad investments as far as i could see.... romanov. as far as bednar is concerned, i don't recall the player having been at hearts pre-romanov, and the same applies to skacel.

romanov is quite rightly criticised for a lot of the things he does / doesn't do but the specific issue of selling gordon is one of his best successes, and anyone who can't bring themselves to recognise that really needs to have a long hard think.

Even if he was, would you still not say it was relevant to his running of the club?

With the exception of Sir David Murray, no other owner of a football club that I know of, has ever made such a generous gesture?

Roman did it last week at Chelsea. It even got that idiot Peston writing a whole blog about it.

He got more shares or his money so it was hardly a gesture. Are you suggesting boom and bust is a fine way of running the club ? I am not disputing anything he has or hasn't done for the club but stop pretending he is doing a fine job.

PresidentRomanov
the positives you state there are fact and can't be disputed but what about the negatives?

The negatives are in the past, and can't be changed, no matter how much you harp on about them.

Fact is, Mr Romanov is currently doing a superb job running our club, and a bit of appreciation wouldn't go a miss.

The debt only counts as "running the club" when it goes up. :o :o There are some right space cadets amongst our support. :rolleyes:

Cripes, here's me agreeing with Therapist and Pickybum.

Don't worry lads, I won't be adding "FC" to the back of the dastardly hun just yet.

:D

Agreed.

If our debt is not in that sort of ball park then I would be intrigued to see what causes the imbalance.

PresidentRomanov
He got more shares or his money so it was hardly a gesture. Are you suggesting boom and bust is a fine way of running the club ? I am not disputing anything he has or hasn't done for the club but stop pretending he is doing a fine job.

It looks like he's halved our debt in the last year, while at the same time improving the team, can you explain to me what makes you say he isn't currently doing a good job running the club?

The negatives are in the past

There have been a few negatives but bear in mind these have had little impact compared to the many positives, not least of which is staying in business.

he got an extra 13% stock for his ?12M. hardly value for money.

Guest jambomickey
The negatives are in the past, and can't be changed, no matter how much you harp on about them.

Fact is, Mr Romanov is currently doing a superb job running our club, and a bit of appreciation wouldn't go a miss.

picky i give credit where it's due and have done many times towards romanov but it's very hard to trust the man.

It looks like he's halved our debt in the last year, while at the same time improving the team, can you explain to me what makes you say he isn't currently doing a good job running the club?

You seem to be forgetting everything that got us to the debt level in the first place and only judging him on what he has done to get it down. If you want to use selective time scales then I can happily admit since he nearly double our debt he has got it back down to a unmanageable level again. Well done VR you are sir indeed a genius.

Improved our team compared to when ? Seriously I would love to know the time span you are using to make that comparison.

Guest jambomickey
You seem to be forgetting everything that got us to the debt level in the first place and only judging him on what he has done to get it down. If you want to use selective time scales then I can happily admit since he nearly double our debt he has got it back down to a unmanageable level again. Well done VR you are sir indeed a genius.

Improved our team compared to when ? Seriously I would love to know the time span you are using to make that comparison.

i think we had a better team on the park when romanov came in compared to what we've got now.

Won't get a argument from me on that score.

i had said 8-9% but now realise that it was actually 13% IIRC.

the point is.... it's still a great gesture because he didn't get ?12M worth of shares.

As much as I dislike the way he has run the club in the past, no-one can deny that things have improved greatly. Whether this is down to VR loseing interest or perhaps a change of stragy, due to the GFA and City Council we will never know. I firmly beleive he thought the GFA and council would bend over backwards at " new" money coming into the game/city, but found out very quickly the GFA and the OF would never allow such an upstart to flourish, and the council are living too far in the past to help regenerate Gorgie. IF this new business plan means we get a small increase in players ( hopefully more quality the quantity) and reduced debt then I'm all for giving him the praise he deserves. Stated some time ago how little it would take from him, to have the fans singing his name again, hopefully this is the start of something big.

Archived