Obua.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I was expecting to see a thread from I8Hibsh today telling us all that Obua and Csaba are jokes and that we need to get rid of them both... How strange that I can't find anything from him.

Is it possible... Genuine question here and not a dig... Is it possible that there are people out there who would rather be seen to be right about a player they made a snap judgement on than see them start producing the good for the benefit of the team?

I was WELL off the mark about Karapidis when i was forced to watch him struggle through games as a right back and I now feel pretty daft for it after the performances he has turned in this season, difference is that i can hold my hands up and say i was wrong and that I am glad he has turned it around both for himself and the team.

Would I be right in thinking that Obua has been instrumental in about three quarters of our goals at least since he returned from injury, scoring two of them himself?

Great to see two strikers and Stewart and Aguiar as the central midfield pairing... Pity big Nade is now suspended for the Arab game though.

Let's stop singling out individuals for unfair criticism eh? People take time to adjust to new countries and styles and when they crack it -or at least take great big strides towards doing so- then they should be congratulated and not singled out by people who would rather see the team struggle than be seen to have got something wrong.

I still fully expect every little mistake the boy makes to be jumped all over and emphasised by certain people though while others are forgiven for below par performances...

Come on you know that if a player doent have a blinder straight away then he is the new Mo Berthe of the club!!!!

This is a capital city who needs time to settle???;)

Guest Bilel Mohsni
Come on you know that if a player doent have a blinder straight away then he is the new Mo Berthe of the club!!!!

This is a capital city who needs time to settle???;)

I know... How different can Uganda be from Edinburgh? Or even South Africa?

It just gets right up my nose that people seem willing to see the team struggle as long as they get to keep slaughtering players they just seem to take a dislike to. Elliot, Neilson, Miko take your pick.

A few seasons ago when we first signed Hartley, guy and his family sitting in front of me used to slate the guy and even leave the game with about 15 minutes to go stating that he doesn't pay his money to watch rubbish like Hartley and Levein's non- entertaining football... We finished third twice in a row and he still just sat there with a face like Fizz (Not the ugly ginger girl from Corrie) and was unable to go back on what he said about Hartley... I reckon he was secretly wanting hartley to firk up and Hearts to lose just so he could say i told you so... Total trumpet.

Was quite impressed with Obua on sat. He does look like a stork though prancing down the wing! Think thats what goes against him, he just looks weird!

Great cushioned header for Nade's goal and good cross for Drivers goal. Hope it continues!

i hate people like that, and unfortunately we have alot of them supporting us. typical scottish/edinburgh negativity. on saturday after the match i went for a beer in my local tavern, the diggers, we had just beat our close rivals in a big game and gone 3rd in the league, and friends of mine still found more time to moan about last week's match. some people are just negative

bilston angel

Don't get me wrong I'm glad Obua has proved a lot of people wrong and continues to improve but I think Csaba was in part to blame for the criticism that Obua received by selecting him earlier in the season when he clearly not up to speed and did not merit a start at that time in front of other players.

Csaba obviously thinks a lot of him, but people were only judging him him on what they were seeing and a lot of that was dire. He should have introduced him a little more sparingly.

Son Of Anarchy
i hate people like that, and unfortunately we have alot of them supporting us. typical scottish/edinburgh negativity. on saturday after the match i went for a beer in my local tavern, the diggers, we had just beat our close rivals in a big game and gone 3rd in the league, and friends of mine still found more time to moan about last week's match. some people are just negative

Go to the Westys then mate, we had it bouncin after the game and even had the Hearts song on the jukebox :)

Lets be honest here. Some posters on here are never going to happy, constantly saying the same drivel over and over again.Solution is simple,IGNORE THEM,dont get involved.When i see posts/threads from them i now ignore them totally as i know i wont be interested in what they have to spout.

OBUA was gash, total mince. Hes now pulled his finger out and by the way he tracks back/tackles etc hes obviously started to get accustomed to our league and is finding the touch that was knowhere before.Good on the guy and long may it continue.

Was quite impressed with Obua on sat. He does look like a stork though prancing down the wing! Think thats what goes against him, he just looks weird!

Great cushioned header for Nade's goal and good cross for Drivers goal. Hope it continues!

Flamingo.

He has come on to a game over the last few weeks. Even when he gets the ball and holds off a defender and keeps possession folk still have a go because he hasn't skinned the guy and scored. I'd rather have someone who keeps the ball for the team and thinks about what he's doing rather than just getting his head down and running like a headless chicken towards the bye-line all the time.

Even my Aberdeen mate (who was at the game :laugh:) said he was very impressed with Obua and they couldn't handle him in the 2nd half.

:)

Thig Ar Latha

People keep comparing him to a stork and I think that is a bit of an insult to someone who stars for a Team known as 'The Cranes' :mw_rolleyes:

I for one am more than happy to be proven wrong about a player if I think they are not up to it.

For me, Obua just wasn't cutting it but was impressed by what I saw on Saturday, building on a not too bad performance the week previous.

Onwards and upwards!

Guest JamboRobbo
I still fully expect every little mistake the boy makes to be jumped all over and emphasised by certain people though while others are forgiven for below par performances...

equally, I fully expect anything half-decent he ever does, to be jumped all over and empahsised by certain people. I even expect threads to pop up saying how amazing he is, just cause he has one decet game.

For me, thats just people expressing their opinion, and is not a problem EITHER way.

Play well, get praise. Play ****e, get stick. thats football.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
I was expecting to see a thread from I8Hibsh today telling us all that Obua and Csaba are jokes and that we need to get rid of them both... How strange that I can't find anything from him.

Is it possible... Genuine question here and not a dig... Is it possible that there are people out there who would rather be seen to be right about a player they made a snap judgement on than see them start producing the good for the benefit of the team?

I was WELL off the mark about Karapidis when i was forced to watch him struggle through games as a right back and I now feel pretty daft for it after the performances he has turned in this season, difference is that i can hold my hands up and say i was wrong and that I am glad he has turned it around both for himself and the team.

Would I be right in thinking that Obua has been instrumental in about three quarters of our goals at least since he returned from injury, scoring two of them himself?

Great to see two strikers and Stewart and Aguiar as the central midfield pairing... Pity big Nade is now suspended for the Arab game though.

Let's stop singling out individuals for unfair criticism eh? People take time to adjust to new countries and styles and when they crack it -or at least take great big strides towards doing so- then they should be congratulated and not singled out by people who would rather see the team struggle than be seen to have got something wrong.

Quite correct in a few of your points there Mothbaws.

I think the problem with a lot of the moaning brigade is that they have never played the game.

I hate our own support moaning and booing at players because i know what affect it has on a player.

There is not a player i can think off who has publicly stated that being bawled at by his own support spurred him on to play any better.

Its fine getting abuse from the opposition and plenty get fired up by it but when your own support stop supporting you then quite frankly what is the point.

Certainly where i sit there was an anti-Obua few but it looks like the string bean has ignored the uneducated and listened to the encouragement he gets and has upped his game tenfold.

Fantastic performance on Saturday for me and i hope he keeps up the momentum.

equally, I fully expect anything half-decent he ever does, to be jumped all over and empahsised by certain people. I even expect threads to pop up saying how amazing he is, just cause he has one decet game.

For me, thats just people expressing their opinion, and is not a problem EITHER way.

Play well, get praise. Play ****e, get stick. thats football.

Not to the extent that Obua has had it from the stands. why bother going if only to slate players? Would it no be better if a player is having a bad game that we support them and leave it to the manager to take him off or leave him on.... rather than shoot what little confidence that guy may have left.

By all accounts Obua had avery good game on Sat and some muppets were still having go! eeeeejits!!

It has taken him a while to settle in but you could see from day one that the boy could play. Anyone who couldn't see that knows nothing about football. That's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact.

He reminded me a bit of Ricardo Fuller when he first arrived, falling over the ball, his own feet and hitting the corner flag with shots.

I was praying that Csaba would continue to play him as there has been improvement in very game for the last 4 games (probably starting from Nade's goal at ER).

He will have crap games again but I hope the boo boys cut him a bit of slack as he is and will be an important player for us.

He certainly gives us something different i.e. a massive bean pole who wins headers at the back post. I think we should start playing corners to him at the far post, or at least set up like we're going to, to free up space in the centre.

I have to say I find it funny when he scores or sets up a goal - his big cheesing grin is pretty amusing.

Guest JamboRobbo
Not to the extent that Obua has had it from the stands. why bother going if only to slate players? Would it no be better if a player is having a bad game that we support them and leave it to the manager to take him off or leave him on.... rather than shoot what little confidence that guy may have left.

By all accounts Obua had avery good game on Sat and some muppets were still having go! eeeeejits!!

I was talking about on here mate. It works both ways, with this thread (OTT reaction the opposite way) being a case in point. :)

There are many on this forum who obviously can't tell the difference between a good 'player' having a bad game/spell and 'bad' players having a bad game or having a good spell!!!! Anyone who can tell the difference, knew that Obua was a player from day one. Which is probably why Csaba brought him here, HE knew he was a player.

He certainly gives us something different i.e. a massive bean pole who wins headers at the back post. I think we should start playing corners to him at the far post, or at least set up like we're going to, to free up space in the centre.

I have to say I find it funny when he scores or sets up a goal - his big cheesing grin is pretty amusing.

I was just about to say a similar thing. It must be a nightmare for a generally smallish full back being up against him and even in open play we should be looking to send deep right to left swinging balls over to his noggin and see what he can do with it. Heading seems to be the strongest part of his game so hopefully bruno can exploit it even more....

There are many on this forum who obviously can't tell the difference between a good 'player' having a bad game/spell and 'bad' players having a bad game or having a good spell!!!! Anyone who can tell the difference, knew that Obua was a player from day one. Which is probably why Csaba brought him here, HE knew he was a player.

Exactamundo Bob

For Davy O' to be as bad as he was being painted, then African football had to be a total joke ( it is not ) and Csaba had to be total balloon ( he certainly aint )

If anything is at fault it is the horribly b@sterdised version of the beautiful game that we currently pedal up here :mad:

aye he had a good game on saturday but it's his first good game in a while. if he has another crap game next week then it's back to square one. it's encouraging to see him producing a good performance but it's too early to say whether or not he's going to be any good for us in the long term.

i don't suppose csaba will let the player rest on his laurels and so neither should the fans.

aye he had a good game on saturday but it's his first good game in a while. if he has another crap game next week then it's back to square one. it's encouraging to see him producing a good performance but it's too early to say whether or not he's going to be any good for us in the long term.

i don't suppose csaba will let the player rest on his laurels and so neither should the fans.

Aye but it's not like his performances have been going up and down like a yo-yo?

We're all agreed that he started off slowly :mw_rolleyes: BUT he has improved week on week and appears to be very much on the up !

If his performances tail off then I imagine he will get some gentle encouragement from the fans :rolleyes:

Aye but it's not like his performances have been going up and down like a yo-yo?

We're all agreed that he started off slowly :mw_rolleyes: BUT he has improved week on week and appears to be very much on the up !

If his performances tail off then I imagine he will get some gentle encouragement from the fans :rolleyes:

there's no reason to think that his general performance shouldn't improve the more he plays and adjusts to the scottish game. by rights he should just continue to get better. what he can't afford to do is to satisfy himself that he's now cracked it and is a billy-big-baws like kingston.... then he goes backwards.

we don't need any big shots, we need grafters.

Csaba has stuck by Obua when many on here had given up on him. Csaba knows best seems to be the order of the day. You cannot judge a player on 1 game, and some players not even on 10 games...especially players who come from foreign countries.

I?m curious about what Csaba can perhaps get out of Elliot. I admit that I?ve never seen much in the kid but he?s never had a decent manager since Burley...so I?ll be quite prepared to eat my words if he ever comes good.

there's no reason to think that his general performance shouldn't improve the more he plays and adjusts to the scottish game. by rights he should just continue to get better. what he can't afford to do is to satisfy himself that he's now cracked it and is a billy-big-baws like kingston.... then he goes backwards.

we don't need any big shots, we need grafters.

I see your point Vic but hopefully Davy O's outstanding graft in the 2nd half is a sign that he is NOW fully aware of what's required to earn your keep

Larry on the other hand, I reckon he's always seen himself as being above that sort of thing when a good shift has been required

Csaba has stuck by Obua when many on here had given up on him. Csaba knows best seems to be the order of the day. You cannot judge a player on 1 game, and some players not even on 10 games...especially players who come from foreign countries.

I?m curious about what Csaba can perhaps get out of Elliot. I admit that I?ve never seen much in the kid but he?s never had a decent manager since Burley...so I?ll be quite prepared to eat my words if he ever comes good.

i would like to think that csaba could get the very best ou of elliot, and there is something in him because we saw that in 2005/2006. it's not purely down to csaba though because the player himself needs to apply himself, and we've also seen the worst side of him during the past couple of seasons, stropping about and sticking his mates in the **** by letting the red mist come down and getting sent off etc etc.

it looks to me as if csaba is doing the same with elliot as he did with glen, making him wait and work hard for a chance. glen has now been given his chance and it remains to be seen if he's going to be able to make the most of it. elliot will no doubt get his chance too if he satisfies csaba that he deserves it. i would like to think that wont happen if he doesn't do enough to deserve it.

I see your point Vic but hopefully Davy O's outstanding graft in the 2nd half is a sign that he is NOW fully aware of what's required to earn your keep

Larry on the other hand, I reckon he's always seen himself as being above that sort of thing when a good shift has been required

well at the end of the day, we all want the same thing. if obua throws in another couple of performances like that then he wont be short of admirers in the stands.

The People's Chimp

Hopefully Obua make me eat my words in respect of not giving him a first team run to settle in. By all accounts he played very well on saturday. It doesn't make his crap games any better, right enough.

I have to admit a lot of my opinion was centred on his disgraceful antics in the united game. Hopefully these will be forgotten as his performances start to become the thing he is remembered for.

The People's Chimp

only probably?

It wasn't really just about whether he was "good" or "bad" but it was his attitude and his positional awareness. He might have had a good touch but if a player doesn't have a good attitude and has no positional awareness, then they'll never come good. Thankfully, he's appearing to show that the first two were aberrations....

Just a wee thought, Obua wins about 80% of the ball in the air, how about when we go up to Tannadice without Nade up front due to his suspension, we play him up front with Glen just off him, it would certainly upset Wilkie and Kenneth and I hope that we have learnt that as versatile as Jonnson is he will never ever be a striker. Thoughts...

Frankenstein Jambo.

still don't rate obua and a few games isn't enough to convice me either - if he does well over proglonged period of time then i will hold my hands up and say i am delighted to be wrong.

Just a wee thought, Obua wins about 80% of the ball in the air, how about when we go up to Tannadice without Nade up front due to his suspension, we play him up front with Glen just off him, it would certainly upset Wilkie and Kenneth and I hope that we have learnt that as versatile as Jonnson is he will never ever be a striker. Thoughts...

I've been thinking these very same thoughts.....spooky!

looks like we will have to adapt the Dennis Wyness sing then

Altogether now

There's only one Obua

there's only one Obua

He used to be ****

now he's alright

walking in Obua's wonderland

Does not quite scan but he deserves a song he's had a hard time of it

ToadKiller Dog

I think that tactic might work but would be dependent on the ref ,if we as i expect get Brines of Mcdonald Obua will not have a chance against the Shrek brothers in there defence ,rather see us trying to dominate the midfield and get Driver and Obua running past them.

I like Obua, hes got alot more to give. Ok hes not been playing great every game but its counter-productive for idiots to be giving him crap. Putting people down isnt a great way to improve his performances.

I was talking about on here mate. It works both ways, with this thread (OTT reaction the opposite way) being a case in point. :)

JR, agree with your point but I think a lot of the praise for Big Dave has come about due to the undue criticism he has received as well as certain posters insistence that 'he is not a player' no matter hwat he does

if there hadn't been all the negativity towards him I don't think we'd even have half as many threads about Dave as we have seen

Could we not come up with a song along the lines of 'David Oboo-oo-oo-ya', to the tune of 'Snoop Doggy do-o-o-o-og' (What's My Name?). Just a thought...

snoop-dogg.jpg

Obua%201.jpg

still don't rate obua and a few games isn't enough to convice me either - if he does well over proglonged period of time then i will hold my hands up and say i am delighted to be wrong.

What a pile of jobbies! You don't rate Obua (your opinion, of course and you are entitled to it). Oh well, let's punt the boy back to Africa, as 1210 doesnae think he's up to the task. While we're at it, let's sack Csaba as well, for having the audacity to bring an imposter like Obua to Hearts in the first place.

Hell, we all have our favourites and those we like less, but don't come out with the negative "I don't rate.." crap - If you don't think Obua is any good then you should follow the Hobos instead - you obviously know the square root of bxxxer all about football. No doubt you would rather we had a teamful of robots with "good attitude" who "track back" for 90 minutes. Me? I'd rather see someone a bit different who can entertain a bit and bring a little variety to our play. IMHO, there are three players in the team who have quality ball control, balance and a little guile - Nade, Bruno and Obua. Let the Mikey Stewarts, Jobbie Nielsons and others contribute the more physical qualities. Like (thankfully) the majority of footie fans, I support everyone who wears my team's jersey - whatever qualities they bring to the club - so long as they apply themselves all game, every game - Obua has done at least that and has shown he can do a bit more as well.

Some support would be welcome

What a pile of jobbies! You don't rate Obua (your opinion, of course and you are entitled to it). Oh well, let's punt the boy back to Africa, as 1210 doesnae think he's up to the task. While we're at it, let's sack Csaba as well, for having the audacity to bring an imposter like Obua to Hearts in the first place.

Hell, we all have our favourites and those we like less, but don't come out with the negative "I don't rate.." crap - If you don't think Obua is any good then you should follow the Hobos instead - you obviously know the square root of bxxxer all about football. No doubt you would rather we had a teamful of robots with "good attitude" who "track back" for 90 minutes. Me? I'd rather see someone a bit different who can entertain a bit and bring a little variety to our play. IMHO, there are three players in the team who have quality ball control, balance and a little guile - Nade, Bruno and Obua. Let the Mikey Stewarts, Jobbie Nielsons and others contribute the more physical qualities. Like (thankfully) the majority of footie fans, I support everyone who wears my team's jersey - whatever qualities they bring to the club - so long as they apply themselves all game, every game - Obua has done at least that and has shown he can do a bit more as well.

:fing25:

Well said and i totally agree.

I hate the stick our players get from their own support.

The only way Csaba could get Obua used to the SPL was to keep playing him.

With Balogh looking fairly steady and Obua improving I now think that Csaba Could bring in players that would improve the team at low cost. He seems to be fairly well connected.

I was as guilty as anyone for thinking Obua wasn't any good to start with though I don't shout abuse at him anyway. He was MOM for me on Saturday, I thought he was getting stuck in a lot more, even after Seve clattered him in the first half. Love his overhead kicks too! Sign of confidence in his own ability :)

Also pleased that he finally had some decent shots on saturday, if he can improve his shooting he'll be even more dangerous.

Thought he was our best player against Hamilton and again against Aberdeen. As the game wore on he really started to stand out.

IMO, he always looked like he had talent as a footballer but that his attributes didn't suit Scottish football. I'm still not sure he'll be able to adapt himself enough to be a consistently solid performer in this team but Saturday's display proves to me that he is certainly worth keeping around and a good player to have in the squad.

You say some support would be welcome but call Neilson Jobbie!!! I am also unsure about Obua, yes he has improved greatly in the last few weeks (now he getting used to SPL). However just because someone doesn't rate him (at the moment), doesn't mean punt him & sack Csaba for bringing him to the club. IMHO he reminds me alot of Nade last season. We have a manager that can get the best out of players, we have players commited to the manager. I hope Obua is the find of the season, if he continues as he has done so far then he won't be far away. (heartsfc1210 your not alone)

P.S. A song would be good to show him he has the fans support :-) snoop dog tune best 1 so far

I for one am more than happy to be proven wrong about a player if I think they are not up to it.

For me, Obua just wasn't cutting it but was impressed by what I saw on Saturday, building on a not too bad performance the week previous.

Onwards and upwards!

Boris, that slot in the re-education camp, working in all these corn fields and watching the ballet every night, has really helped you see that the truth is not always revolutionary.

I've criticised him more than most casue I genuinely felt up until Saturday, his displays had been totally sub-standard. I thought he was totally one-footed and devoide of creative skill. The second I saw him (on his debut at Tynie) I thought this guy just ain't a football player. I believe his non-contribution as a Sub lead to our eventual draw with Celtic at Parkhead this season. Even when he scored his two goals against ICT, I felt his over-all play that day was garbage. And for the last few weeks, I felt he's been grosely over-rated with people saying he's performed brilliantly when in my opinion he's been average at best.

However, to his credit, on Saturday against Aberdeen I thought he played really well and was our biggest threat. He showed good strength and pace at times, and contributed alot to the game (setting up both goals).

Well done Big Man, hope it continues.

Boris, that slot in the re-education camp, working in all these corn fields and watching the ballet every night, has really helped you see that the truth is not always revolutionary.

More revelationary Vera :wink:

If only Comrade Kingston would apply himself as such. :rolleyes:

Optimus Prime

I've said it many times on other threads and i'll say it again....never judge a player on his first six months at a club. Especially one who has had to deal with the culture shock (in terms of both football and lifestyle) of moving from South African to Scotland. Football is littered with cases of players who have had a less than impressive start and gone on to great things, i give you Larsson at Celtic, Drogba at Chelsea, Ronaldo at Man Utd. I'm not suggesting Obua is in that category of player, just that new signings need games and time.

I've said it many times on other threads and i'll say it again....never judge a player on his first six months at a club. Especially one who has had to deal with the culture shock (in terms of both football and lifestyle) of moving from South African to Scotland. Football is littered with cases of players who have had a less than impressive start and gone on to great things, i give you Larsson at Celtic, Drogba at Chelsea, Ronaldo at Man Utd. I'm not suggesting Obua is in that category of player, just that new signings need games and time.

Personally I am on the fence on this one, Obua played farely well in some games and appeared bad in some. Its good to criticise where necessary and at the sametime give credit where deserved, however the one thing I have senced here is its always on the extremes!!! I am sure the talk here will be totally different when Big Dave gets a bad day on the pitch!

The one thing I know though is that Csaba knows what Obua is capable of.

Archived