Obua.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

More revelationary Vera :wink:

If only Comrade Kingston would apply himself as such. :rolleyes:

In complete agreement - he needs to wake up or he will be swept aside in the tide of permanent revolution.

Fozzyonthefence
There are many on this forum who obviously can't tell the difference between a good 'player' having a bad game/spell and 'bad' players having a bad game or having a good spell!!!! Anyone who can tell the difference, knew that Obua was a player from day one. Which is probably why Csaba brought him here, HE knew he was a player.

Sorry but I think that's bollocks. So you're saying that we get a new player, he plays, say, 10 games of pure pish & you can still tell he's a good player, even though his first touch is like a shot? How does that work? Take Easter Road for example, I don't see how anybody could see that was a good player having an offday - he didn't even look like he'd played football before (reminded me of Makela or that Lithuanian striker that played against Hibs at the beginning last season, whose name now thankfully escapes me).

However, what I saw against Falkirk looked a different player. Didn't see the sheep game - sounds like he was even better & long may it continue.

BlackhallJambo
Sorry but I think that's bollocks. So you're saying that we get a new player, he plays, say, 10 games of pure pish & you can still tell he's a good player, even though his first touch is like a shot? How does that work? Take Easter Road for example, I don't see how anybody could see that was a good player having an offday - he didn't even look like he'd played football before (reminded me of Makela or that Lithuanian striker that played against Hibs at the beginning last season, whose name now thankfully escapes me).

However, what I saw against Falkirk looked a different player. Didn't see the sheep game - sounds like he was even better & long may it continue.

The guy has technical ability but clearly was short on confidence. I accept very one footed but he will do well imho

Fozzyonthefence
What a pile of jobbies! You don't rate Obua (your opinion, of course and you are entitled to it). Oh well, let's punt the boy back to Africa, as 1210 doesnae think he's up to the task. While we're at it, let's sack Csaba as well, for having the audacity to bring an imposter like Obua to Hearts in the first place.

Hell, we all have our favourites and those we like less, but don't come out with the negative "I don't rate.." crap - If you don't think Obua is any good then you should follow the Hobos instead - you obviously know the square root of bxxxer all about football. No doubt you would rather we had a teamful of robots with "good attitude" who "track back" for 90 minutes. Me? I'd rather see someone a bit different who can entertain a bit and bring a little variety to our play. IMHO, there are three players in the team who have quality ball control, balance and a little guile - Nade, Bruno and Obua. Let the Mikey Stewarts, Jobbie Nielsons and others contribute the more physical qualities. Like (thankfully) the majority of footie fans, I support everyone who wears my team's jersey - whatever qualities they bring to the club - so long as they apply themselves all game, every game - Obua has done at least that and has shown he can do a bit more as well.

Some support would be welcome

If you think Obua has more quality ball control, balance & guile than Kingston I think it is you who knows the square root of b***** all about football!

And indeed, how about some support, starting with our "Jobbie" skipper? Pot, kettle black & all that

There are many on this forum who obviously can't tell the difference between a good 'player' having a bad game/spell and 'bad' players having a bad game or having a good spell!!!! Anyone who can tell the difference, knew that Obua was a player from day one.

That's a bold statement.

In my opinion he's improved his performance level of late, but he doesn't have an outstanding first-touch, or great technical passing ability, and his total dependence on his left foot rules him out of the 'good player' catagory.

That doesn't mean he can't be an adequate player for us - just look at Neilson, no technical ability, but his attitude has been his biggest asset.

That's a bold statement.

In my opinion he's improved his performance level of late, but he doesn't have an outstanding first-touch, or great technical passing ability, and his total dependence on his left foot rules him out of the 'good player' catagory.

That doesn't mean he can't be an adequate player for us - just look at Neilson, no technical ability, but his attitude has been his biggest asset.

Not comparing but did Maradona's reliance on his left foot rule him out of your 'good player' category? or Rudi Skacel's reliance?

Yes, Robbie has a great attitude but if we had 11 Robbie's, we'd be fighting relegation.

FWIW I think Obua has a great first touch, great technical ability and is a 'good player'.

So there:)

Not comparing but did Maradona's reliance on his left foot rule him out of your 'good player' category? or Rudi Skacel's reliance?

Yes, Robbie has a great attitude but if we had 11 Robbie's, we'd be fighting relegation.

FWIW I think Obua has a great first touch, great technical ability and is a 'good player'.

So there:)

11 Neilson's we'd be bottom of the league - AGREED

11 Abua's we'd be bottom also.

Had you used Davie Cooper as an example, I might have eat my words - but Rudi and Maradonna were pish examples of one-footed players. Both we adequate with their lesser foot.

In complete agreement - he needs to wake up or he will be swept aside in the tide of permanent revolution.

Kingston will be the first up against the wall come the revolution.:laugh:

11 Neilson's we'd be bottom of the league - AGREED

11 Abua's we'd be bottom also.

Had you used Davie Cooper as an example, I might have eat my words - but Rudi and Maradonna were pish examples of one-footed players. Both we adequate with their lesser foot.

11 players of Obua's quality and we would be nowhere near the bottom.

OK then, what about Davie Cooper? Glen Hoddle? Ferenc Puskas? Bobby Prentice:tongue:

Guest Bilel Mohsni
I've criticised him more than most casue I genuinely felt up until Saturday, his displays had been totally sub-standard. I thought he was totally one-footed and devoide of creative skill. The second I saw him (on his debut at Tynie) I thought this guy just ain't a football player. I believe his non-contribution as a Sub lead to our eventual draw with Celtic at Parkhead this season. Even when he scored his two goals against ICT, I felt his over-all play that day was garbage. And for the last few weeks, I felt he's been grosely over-rated with people saying he's performed brilliantly when in my opinion he's been average at best.

However, to his credit, on Saturday against Aberdeen I thought he played really well and was our biggest threat. He showed good strength and pace at times, and contributed alot to the game (setting up both goals).

Well done Big Man, hope it continues.

I was at Parkhead that game and I think he was actually not bad on the day... He put it about a bit and kept the ball well, always looking for a good opportunity rather than just getting rid when it came to him... Seem to remember he held the ball up well in and around their box and showed good skills... my comment at the time was that he looked like a different player away from home and the abuse he was getting at Tynie.

I was still terrified that he might want to take the penalty if his play won us one though!

I was at Parkhead that game and I think he was actually not bad on the day... He put it about a bit and kept the ball well, always looking for a good opportunity rather than just getting rid when it came to him... Seem to remember he held the ball up well in and around their box and showed good skills... my comment at the time was that he looked like a different player away from home and the abuse he was getting at Tynie.

I was still terrified that he might want to take the penalty if his play won us one though!

I gotta disagree mate. I remember the game so vividly - the first half we battered Sellick. Bruno, Kingston and Ruben were so tidy and creative on the ball and didn't give a ball away at all - they totally bossed the midfield and were finding wee Driver with great passes into the channel. Basically the Selltick midfield could not handle our midfield and it was a joy to watch - they couldn't get near us.

Fair enough, Kingston had to come off in the 2nd half as he was close to being sent off, but when Bruno came off and Big Abua came on (in my opinion) he was terrible. He never once found a Hearts player with a pass. He gave the ball away constantly. He didn't get the ball under control and looked nervous. He even looked lightweight. This contributed to getting back into the midfield, and resulted in us not winnin.

But I have already said, he was our best player on Saturday against the Sheep, and long may it continue.

Optimus Prime

I anticipate that we will see the best of David Obau from next season.

People who expect a player who has moved from the other side of the world to a different culture, climate and style of football for the first time to be an instant success really need to have a reality check.

Whilst at first I was very anxious of Csaba effectively shoehorning Obua into the team, with last weeks performance you can see exactly why Csaba did it.

Obua looked a good player on Saturday, in fact he's gradually got better in every game he's played.

Csaba obviously knew he was a decent player and knew if he'd give him the chance, in the long run he could show how good he is.

With a good performance and two assists, we're now seeing why Csaba kept him in the team.

I was impressed with Obua on Sat. Not quite prepared to ?eat my words? just yet tho, as 20 dire performances and 1 good one is not exactly anything to be proud of.

To suggest that I could ever be happy about being proved right is a complete and utter ****ing insult!

I am a Hearts man through and through, and I want everyone associated with the club to be successful. If one player is poor then it affects the team as a whole.

I was clapping Obua?s every move from section N on Sat ? I am a fair man FFS!!!

I am not too proud to admit I am wrong and I will be on here post haste when I am. However let?s keep things in check ? he has had 1 good game!

I was impressed with Obua on Sat. Not quite prepared to ?eat my words? just yet tho, as 20 dire performances and 1 good one is not exactly anything to be proud of.

To suggest that I could ever be happy about being proved right is a complete and utter ****ing insult!

I am a Hearts man through and through, and I want everyone associated with the club to be successful. If one player is poor then it affects the team as a whole.

I am not too proud to admit I am wrong and I will be on here post haste when I am. However let?s keep things in check ? he has had 1 good game!

Fair reply I8.

We must also remember that Obua will probably not play as well as he did against Aberdeen in every game. Like all our players he will hit good and bad patches of form. As one good game does not prove he's great, one bad game does not prove he's crap.

Last weeks game has shown that he has the ability to be a good player for us and hopefully he'll show that over the rest of the season... and beyond.

Fair reply I8.

We must also remember that Obua will probably not play as well as he did against Aberdeen in every game. Like all our players he will hit good and bad patches of form. As one good game does not prove he's great, one bad game does not prove he's crap.

Last weeks game has shown that he has the ability to be a good player for us and hopefully he'll show that over the rest of the season... and beyond.

I saw promise for the first time, and could see maybe what Csaba is seeing.

However Leigh Jenkinson, Mo Berthe, Ian Baird all had a shining hour.

If I played for Hearts I would probbaly even have one good game.

I am sick of getting all excited as I 'think' we have turned the corner.

I will be in my usual seat in section N on Saturday losing my voice, waking up with butterflies but I know that this one swallow makes no summer.

I, like every fan wants consistently good performances. I don't expect outstanding results, just players earning their keep.

The only consistent thing about the team and each individual is being consistently inconsistent.

i hate people like that, and unfortunately we have alot of them supporting us. typical scottish/edinburgh negativity. on saturday after the match i went for a beer in my local tavern, the diggers, we had just beat our close rivals in a big game and gone 3rd in the league, and friends of mine still found more time to moan about last week's match. some people are just negative

This is not nagativity my good man.

To always find room for complaint and to always see room for improvement is most certainly a 'winning' mentality.

you would never see sir Alex overjoyed and to pick no bones if United win 4 nil. He would have the team working on every wayward pass in the game and every shot missed. That is what makes him a winner.

To be happy and have 'no complaints' about Saturday's performance is a losing mentality.

It must be drilled into the team that they should and could do better.

Push each and every one to their optimum. Not one player on Saturdsay was at 'their best' so they must be encouraged to 'go that extra mile'

He has been getting better in the last few weeks but not had 20 bad games ;)

This Laddie's starting to make me eat my words.

Thought he was excellent again today.

Man of the match performance from Obua today, was our best player in my opinion.

Won most things in the air and had a few decent crosses into the area, one of which set up our goal. He's turning into a great signing but there's just a few moments when I feel he looks awkward.

This Laddie's starting to make me eat my words.

Thought he was excellent again today.

Excellent ? Jesus mate your easily pleased. I thought he was gash just like the rest of the team. Decent cross for Miko but other than that I don't think we got much from him.

chester copperpot
Excellent ? Jesus mate your easily pleased. I thought he was gash just like the rest of the team. Decent cross for Miko but other than that I don't think we got much from him.

All about opinions though bud eh?

Thought he was our best player today by quite a bit! The only one that really looked like causing a threat during some points of the match!

chester copperpot
Obua and Nade were the best players again, imo.

Agreed.

Nade's run aboot chasing the ball first half made me kinda glad we kept him and Csaba got him in shape.

Proved his commitment in spades this season.

All about opinions though bud eh?

Definitely mate, I thought wallace, Robbie and Jonsson aside the whole team were honking. It was a great ball from Obua but other than that I can't think of a single thing he done during the game. Effort and work rate from him can't be faulted lately though.

Archived