ELVIS

hhjambo

There's nothing like a good old Elvis debate!

Any thoughts on his comments in today's EEN:

"I am just looking forward to the game itself. I know from my own experience that the Cup is held in very high regard with the supporters and they always look forward to the Scottish Cup, as do the players, and I am sure that there will be a terrific atmosphere at Tynecastle as usual."

"Because of my affiliation with the club for eight-and-a-half years, Hearts will always be special to me. I have got some wonderful memories from my time there, not just for myself but also for my family and they are a club that I will always think extremely fondly of. But my career has moved on, it was a great chapter in my life and, as is the way, your life has to move on. "

"I will always enjoy going back there."

Good comments from Pressley.

I will always hold him in high regard as a Hearts player.

I think he will do well against Nade in particular. He will be happy that Nade always plays with his back to goal.

Always welcome.

Can't wait to see Driver running at him, the guy is slower than a week in the jail.

I hope Csaba is thinking the same way. Start at a high tempo and get faster I say.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The game will put this myth that the majority of the Hearts support hate him to bed.

Then maybe we can all move on. Doubt it though!

Nicholas Brody

No doubt he will get dogs abuse. I will welcome him back, as i still have alot of respect left for him.

I hope Csaba is thinking the same way. Start at a high tempo and get faster I say.

and if Csaba doesn't think that, i'd like to think Andy Driver would take it upon himself to get at him!

I think and I hope he will get a good reception. I don't really care if he celebrated a Celtic goal at Tynecastle, i can handle that. More important to me was the dignity and resilience displayed by himself on and off the pitch at a time when Romanov had set about tearing the club to pieces.

Not many Hearts captains have lifted a cup for us, I give him the same amount of respect as the others, hopefully over time the fans who give him abuse will realise he did something special for Hearts and always gave 100% and deserves respect.

not holding my breath though.

The game will put this myth that the majority of the Hearts support hate him to bed.

Then maybe we can all move on. Doubt it though!

But me and my mates down the pub represent the opinions of the majority of Hearts fans and we have decided that he is a Jhudas and his chest thumping antics will never be forgiven.

He was engineering a move from Tynie to Cheltic for each of the eight years he was at the club.

Fact.

:mw_rolleyes:

"I am just looking forward to the game itself. I know from my own experience that the Cup is held in very high regard with the supporters and they always look forward to the Scottish Cup, as do the players, and I am sure that there will be a terrific atmosphere at Tynecastle as usual."

"Because of my affiliation with the club for eight-and-a-half years, Hearts will always be special to me. I have got some wonderful memories from my time there, not just for myself but also for my family and they are a club that I will always think extremely fondly of. But my career has moved on, it was a great chapter in my life and, as is the way, your life has to move on. "

Wait til the "Ghyle Phossie Ghirls" read this...We'll the one's that aren't suspended!! :laugh:

Pressley is a Legend...Can't wait until he's at Tynie Full time in a coaching capacity...;)

But me and my mates down the pub represent the opinions of the majority of Hearts fans and we have decided that he is a Jhudas and his chest thumping antics will never be forgiven.

He was engineering a move from Tynie to Cheltic for each of the eight years he was at the club.

Fact.

What a load of tosh !!!! Engineering a move to Celtic was he ???? and , by the way. you are an awful long way from representing the opinions of the majority of Hearts fans !!!!

Horatio Caine
What a load of tosh !!!! Engineering a move to Celtic was he ???? and , by the way. you are an awful long way from representing the opinions of the majority of Hearts fans !!!!

I think Tucks has just conned you, Simmo.

Where's the sarcasm smiley we used to have?

Good comments from Elvis there.

Elvis and Terry are welcome back anytime, two Jambo greats still playing at the highest level in Scotland and 2 great examples of professionals for young players to aspire to.

I hope they both get a warm reception when they take the field and i hope they both go home on the losing side but glad they got another game at Tynecastle!

Hope the boo boys stay in the pub as well... can't be arsed with any of them.

Think he was pullin yer plonker mate!

:emoticon_spam:

He was killing the club every day he was here.

:rolleyes:;)

Fact.

What aload utter crap :D

[quote=CBjambo;802721

Hope the boo boys stay in the pub as well... can't be arsed with any of them.

Boooooooooo!! :tongue:

Fact.

Maybe you and your mates were the majority in the pub but dont think many will agree with you!

Elvis lifted the cup for us and did very well for the club in his time at hearts and i will give him a round of applause and reckon in the years to come he will be back in some capacity.

I hope I bump into Jhudas ********* next time I am at the Gyle so I can tell him in no uncertain terms how much he annoys me.

I shall then come home and tell everybody on KB. :tongue:

P.S Is it me or are some of the posters on here getting more stupid?

Boooooooooo!! :tongue:

In your case the lounge bar as you obviously ain't old enough to go without the company of an adult.

I hope I bump into Jhudas ********* next time I am at the Gyle so I can tell him in no uncertain terms how much he annoys me.

I shall then come home and tell everybody on KB.

Which pub you drink in so I know to avoid it and your like minded mates?

i hope he recieves as warm a welcome as he deserves. a hearts legend in every way. i just hope he doesn't perform too well! neil mccann too.

Which pub you drink in so I know to avoid it and your like minded mates?

The only pub in Gorgie that accomodates us International jet-setters!

:laugh:

i think there is an element of increasing stupidity/naivety/gullability but also, dry humor in not always easily interpreted in text

i think there is an element of increasing stupidity/naivety/gullability but also, dry humor in not always easily interpreted in text

How many smilies do you have to add?

What is the youth (posters) of today coming to when you can't have a good old laugh at the Ehlvis conspiracy theorys without being shot down as a conspirator?

Would you not be better hiding behind the cardigans and say nothing before you run home and tell everybody on KB ?

I think the comments from our ex cup winning captain are nothing less than I would expect from someone who feels the way about the club.

Good words from Pressley.

I hope though the fans treat him like every other Falkirk player and give him a hard time and make it uncomfortable as possible for him and his team mates.

Not many Hearts captains have lifted a cup for us, I give him the same amount of respect as the others, hopefully over time the fans who give him abuse will realise he did something special for Hearts and always gave 100% and deserves respect.

not holding my breath though.

Yes it won't be long til the bigotts that hate him'll be on this thread. We all agree that he shouldn't have done what he did but he really would be hated if he came anywhere the Hearts fans that day, simple fact is..he didn't, time the bigotts got a grip and moved on. No doubt he'll get a few jeers when he has the ball from the short memory brigade. Anyway, he's far too professional to let that bother him.

Fine Scottish Wine
I hope though the fans treat him like every other Falkirk player and give him a hard time and make it uncomfortable as possible for him and his team mates.

Agreed and as it should be.

Sentimentality can wait until he/they are out the cup.

He is going to get absolute abuse - pure & simple - & he deserves is all because he is a very bad man.

Anyone easily offended need not attend.

********* is filth

Billy the Jambo

Anyone that boos Pressley and calls him a judas on saturday should be banned from Tynecastle for life .He was a great captain for us and he is an alright guy too having spoke to him a couple of times when he was playing for us .He didnt like the way the clown way running the club at the time and spoke out and well done to him for doing that but the madone forced him out the door .He signed for celtic so fecking what .IMO he would be welcome back to Tynecastle in a coaching capacity anytime but while the Lithuanian dictator is still there there not a chance in hell of that happening

He is going to get absolute abuse - pure & simple - & he deserves is all because he is a very bad man.

********* is filth[/QUOTE]

WHO??

I will not be attending the match on Saturday in protest at Pressley appearing.

He is a slimey rhat and he makes me SICK TO MY STOMACH.

********* is filth

:hobofish:

I will not be attending the match on Saturday in protest at Pressley appearing.

He is a slimey rhat and he makes me SICK TO MY STOMACH.

You sad git!!! Do you choose not to go to games everytime an ex-Hearts player appears for another club or is it just because Pressley stuck up for himself and spoke out against the dictator!? Never ceases to amaze me the amount of stupidness attached to any Pressley thread! Anyone who hates a cup-winning captain in my book should never return to Tynie again, your not welcome.

Cup winning captain. Fantastic ambassador for the club and a rock while he was here.

I have no quams with Pressey whatsoever.

You sad git!!! Do you choose not to go to games everytime an ex-Hearts player appears for another club or is it just because Pressley stuck up for himself and spoke out against the dictator!? Never ceases to amaze me the amount of stupidness attached to any Pressley thread! Anyone who hates a cup-winning captain in my book should never return to Tynie again, your not welcome.

An amount of "stupidness" you have quite clearly just added to.:o

3 pager before being pulled.

Scottish cup winning captains should always be made welcome imo

f01a0ecc.jpg

Unless they are a judas chest thumping C U Next Tuesday.

I hope nade snaps Ehlvis' leg in two.

The I.Q on this thread is falling faster than a HBOS share at the minute :laugh:

There arent enough smileys to cover the type first engage brain later brigade on this thread.

Everyone should hate Elvis for what he did or should they ?? :laugh:

An amount of "stupidness" you have quite clearly just added to.:o

Yep! Just realised mistake after posting! Never mind, my point is still the same.

The I.Q on this thread is falling faster than a HBOS share at the minute :laugh:

There arent enough smileys to cover the type first engage brain later brigade on this thread.

Everyone should hate Elvis for what he did or should they ?? :laugh:

Of course they should hate a cup-winning captain, one who gave 8 and a half years sterling service to the cause, one who pulled us out the shecht many times, even when we were losing 2-0 to Falkirk, when he almost single-handedly scoring two late goals to steal a draw (who'd do that now?), one in which his team-mates, after winning 4-0 against Hibs in the semi-final, refused to close the huddle at the end of the game until Pressley came back on the pitch after he was substituted, that shows you what his team-mates thought of him...yes, of course we should hate him!

I think he will do well against Nade in particular. He will be happy that Nade always plays with his back to goal.

We'll see. If Nade pulls him all over the park the same way he has done opposition defenders in recent weeks Pressley will be blowing out his arse after 30 minutes.

The guys on here calling him a judas and saying he was tryin to get a move away the whole time, are you guys actually under the illusion that all the players in the world want to come to hearts and play their intire career here. No because beleive it or not, Hearts are not like Man U, Barca, Inter etc. Every football dreams of playing for a club the next step up.

Fact is that football isnt a sport anymore its a business. Everyone wants to be high up and being paid well. My god, Pressley wanted to move to a bigger club to better himself and progress his career. Get a grip he was brilliant for a the club and acheived alot with us, lay off him a bit

How many fish did Tucks catch there?!!

It was too easy. Please Hammer don't hurt them!

Buffalo Bill

The guys on here calling him a judas and saying he was tryin to get a move away the whole time, are you guys actually under the illusion that all the players in the world want to come to hearts and play their intire career here. No because beleive it or not, Hearts are not like Man U, Barca, Inter etc. Every football dreams of playing for a club the next step up.

Fact is that football isnt a sport anymore its a business. Everyone wants to be high up and being paid well. My god, Pressley wanted to move to a bigger club to better himself and progress his career. Get a grip he was brilliant for a the club and acheived alot with us, lay off him a bit

Correctomundo my friend.

Archived