Reserve game today

jamboBG

Footballfirst
How is young Wagner getting on? Havent heard much about him.

I didn't rate Wagner too highly on last season's form, but he is much improved on his U19 showings this season. I think he is still some way away from making the 1st team squad though.

Like all the U19s I's like to see them make it as professional footballers, but I know that the success rate is probably as low as 10%, so the odds are stacked against most of the youngsters.

I didn't rate Wagner too highly on last season's form, but he is much improved on his U19 showings this season. I think he is still some way away from making the 1st team squad though.

Like all the U19s I's like to see them make it as professional footballers, but I know that the success rate is probably as low as 10%, so the odds are stacked against most of the youngsters.

Who of the current lot do you think will make it ?

Dont mean to offend his brother but Kostadinov has picked up where he left off pre-Xmas.. ie doing Jack Sprout in reserve games! He'll no doubt follow Copil out the door soon.

You are Nostradamus!?...:devlish:

Charlie-Brown

The whole point of academies is to expand the talent pool & increase & improve on the 'natural' 10% rate of players coming through.

Dont mean to offend his brother but Kostadinov has picked up where he left off pre-Xmas.. ie doing Jack Sprout in reserve games! He'll no doubt follow Copil out the door soon.

He has shown nowt since he has arrived.Im betting he will still be a wonderkid when he is 40.Bin him.Not sure about Wagner

Footballfirst
Who of the current lot do you think will make it ?

Ok, get ready to be shot down. !!! IMHO the following youngsters from the Reserves and U19s, "currently" look to have a reasonable chance of making it.

R McGowan, D Templeton, S Husband, C Thompson, J Stewart

The others obviosly still have a chance while they are playing in their respective age groups, so their non-inclusion in my list means nothing in terms of their development, e.g. S Robinson. Indeed I still have some reservations about each of those in my list.

Jam Tarts 1874

Templeton can also play "in the hole", saw him have a couple of excellent games in that position earlier in the season. His performance was even more impressive given that it was Makela he was playing off.

Roll on season 2013/14 when Csaba might just about give Templeton and R.Wallace a game.

Templeton's doing the right thing. Playing well consistently in the reserves (6 or 7 goals from right/left wing), which clearly impresses Csaba. He'll get his chance before long, of that I'm sure.

I've never saw him play. At the begining of the season and before that everyone was saying he is too small. Has he filled out a bit? Is he strong enough to handle the SPL?

I've never saw him play. At the begining of the season and before that everyone was saying he is too small. Has he filled out a bit? Is he strong enough to handle the SPL?

He is still small but very fast and can hold his own against bigger opponents. Jimmy Johnstone wasn't the biggest but that didn't do him any harm. Templeton, in my opinion, is a class act and should be given a chance in the first team. His second goal was a screamer from 25 yards and gave the keeper no chance at all. His first was a bit lucky but the linesman was in no doubt that it had crossed the line.

Someone asked if Csaba was there. The answer is "No". Angel Cernenkov was in the dugout along with the physio. No other Hearts officials were there as far as I could see in a crowd of about 20 (The weather was awful). Falkirk, on the other hand had about 6 in the dugout at one point including Neil McCann and Jackie MacNamara. Yogi was trying to hide up in the stand but gave himself away when he started shouting at the referee.

As for the game, considering the conditions, it was great entertainment. The Falkirk goal came very much against the run of play and the second half was as one-sided as I've seen in a while. A very impressive performance from a very young team. Interestingly Dennis McLaughlin was in the dugout despite it being reported yesterday that he had gone to Dumbarton on loan.

I would mostly agree with the ratings given earlier in the thread.

He is still small but very fast and can hold his own against bigger opponents. Jimmy Johnstone wasn't the biggest but that didn't do him any harm. Templeton, in my opinion, is a class act and should be given a chance in the first team. His second goal was a screamer from 25 yards and gave the keeper no chance at all. His first was a bit lucky but the linesman was in no doubt that it had crossed the line.

Someone asked if Csaba was there. The answer is "No". Angel Cernenkov was in the dugout along with the physio. No other Hearts officials were there as far as I could see in a crowd of about 20 (The weather was awful). Falkirk, on the other hand had about 6 in the dugout at one point including Neil McCann and Jackie MacNamara. Yogi was trying to hide up in the stand but gave himself away when he started shouting at the referee.

As for the game, considering the conditions, it was great entertainment. The Falkirk goal came very much against the run of play and the second half was as one-sided as I've seen in a while. A very impressive performance from a very young team. Interestingly Dennis McLaughlin was in the dugout despite it being reported yesterday that he had gone to Dumbarton on loan.

So Angel Cernenkov was the muppet in the dug out wondered who he was!! Have to say I was rather angry with him, he didn't help the team out at all!! They were a young team and need encouragement and he gave none or any advice to the boys. The falkirk dugout were giving their boys advice all the time esp neil mccann who does get rather angry at the officials but he was the exact same when he was in the hearts dugout at the reserves!! Think the boys need someone in the dugout giving them advice esp since its an important time for their development as players!!

Anyone know where Banks was? As he has been in the dugout a few times with the reserves!!

jamboinglasgow

Thanks for yours and Football Firsts reports on the game. It was interesting to see such a young team being put out (I think only Mrowiec and Kello were the only one's above 22.)

Good to see that Templeton has continued the good form he has shown in the first half of the year and surely must deserve to get at least the odd sub appearence.

Also good to see such a young team have a fight back like that, well done lads.

So Angel Cernenkov was the muppet in the dug out wondered who he was!! Have to say I was rather angry with him, he didn't help the team out at all!! They were a young team and need encouragement and he gave none or any advice to the boys. The falkirk dugout were giving their boys advice all the time esp neil mccann who does get rather angry at the officials but he was the exact same when he was in the hearts dugout at the reserves!! Think the boys need someone in the dugout giving them advice esp since its an important time for their development as players!!

Anyone know where Banks was? As he has been in the dugout a few times with the reserves!!

I've seen most of the reserve games this season and Angel has always been quite quiet. I think it's just his nature. I don't see Arsene Wenger doing a lot of shouting either and it doesn't appear to affect the way Arsenal play. I suspect that Angel does all his work on the training pitch and allows the team just to go out and play. It seems to be working judging by results this season and some of the play yesterday, especially considering the conditions, was terrific. There's no need to shout instructions if his pre-match instructions are already being followed. Another reason he doesn't shout a lot could be that his English isn't that great. As for Banks, as you say, he's normally in the dugout so don't know what happened yesterday.

Going off topic a wee bit but, having seen a lot of our youngsters this year, I'm not unduly worried about rumours of half the first team leaving in the summer (we had the same stories in January as well, of course). We have a bunch of talented youngsters ready to take their place and, if forced to play them, they wouldn't let us down.

Going off topic a wee bit but, having seen a lot of our youngsters this year, I'm not unduly worried about rumours of half the first team leaving in the summer (we had the same stories in January as well, of course). We have a bunch of talented youngsters ready to take their place and, if forced to play them, they wouldn't let us down.

I'm looking forward to seeing them come through.

Archived