Reserve game today

jamboBG

Walter Bishop

Was Branny offered the chance to leave similarly to Rapnik and Copil?

(Or is he holding on for Multi-million bid from Man City?;))

Was Branny offered the chance to leave similarly to Rapnik and Copil?

(Or is he holding on for Multi-million bid from Man City?;))

Man.City in last minute of window yesterday.

Charlie-Brown

Why do they play these games on a tuesday afternoon when the 1st team, U19, U17 teams etc all have weekend fixtures?

Why do they play these games on a tuesday afternoon when the 1st team, U19, U17 teams etc all have weekend fixtures?

I guess to enable players returning from injury or on the fringes of a first-team place to play in both.

Have a half day so might go to this - any idea of the squad etc? Is it free in with an ST or anything like that?

Its free there are reserved seats for ST holders if its busy but I've never seen it that busy!!

Im just heading along to forthbank the now :)

Guest The Crack Fox

Hearts Team is

Kello

Jason Thomson

Ryan McGowan

Matthew Park

Jonathon Brown

Jonathon Stewart

Branimir Kostadinov

Adrian Mrowiec

Gary Glen

David Templeton

Ryan Wallace

Subs.

Thomas

Ridgers

Balatoni

Husband

Cowan

McLaughlin

Hearts Team is

Kello

Jason Thomson

Ryan McGowan

Matthew Park

Jonathon Brown

Jonathon Stewart

Branimir Kostadinov

Adrian Mrowiec

Gary Glen

David Templeton

Ryan Wallace

Subs.

Thomas

Ridgers

Balatoni

Husband

Cowan

McLaughlin

Looking at that it's a very young team which is good when you consider for a couple of years the 2nd string has been loaded with a ot of deadwood.

Who's the muppet in the dug-out? For such a young group of guys he is giving them no advice what so ever and what he does 'shout' you can't understand!

Hearts Team is

Kello

Jason Thomson

Ryan McGowan

Matthew Park

Jonathon Brown

Jonathon Stewart

Branimir Kostadinov

Adrian Mrowiec

Gary Glen

David Templeton

Ryan Wallace

Subs.

Thomas

Ridgers

Balatoni

Husband

Cowan

McLaughlin

2 GK's

5 Defenders

3 Midfielders

6 Strikers

1 Unknown (thomas)

What a balanced team :laugh:

1-1 hit off the left handside post bounce off the goal keeper over the goalline!! Some debate as to whether the keeper stopped on the line or over it!!

Nicholas Brody

Anyone that watched the game shed any light onto who played well and who didn't? Cheers :)

Walter Bishop
Anyone that watched the game shed any light onto who played well and who didn't? Cheers :)

Mo Berthe was outstanding. ;)

Footballfirst

Just back from Stirling. Good second half performance saw a young team get a positive result.

The Falkirk goal was down to poor defending from a free kick as the central defenders failed to get any sort of clearance as the ball dropped in the six yard box.

The first half was fairly even with Johnny Stewart and David Templeton best for Hearts. The Aussie pair is central defence looked a bit shaky at times in that half. The two wingers, Kostadinov and Wallace hardly got a touch of the ball. Funniest moment was McGowan trying to play offside in the "Falkirk" half. He eventually got booked for his recovery tackle, but on another day the card may have been red.

The second half was much better with good periods of possession through short simple passing and the defence was much more secure. Templeton's first goal was a sweet strike off the post that bounced off the keeper's back towards the goal line. It looked like the keeper got his hand on it, then lost it again before regaining it. It may have crossed the line, but the Falkirk defenders weren't happy about the decision.

The winning goal from Templeton was as good a strike as I have seen from anyone in a Hearts jersey from 30 yards and left their keeper helpless.

MOTM ... Templeton by a country mile. He should be in the frame for a start on Saturday, but somehow I doubt if he will get the chance. IMO Csasba is too conservative with his selections.

We only have one McLaughlin, dont we?! Thought he moved to Dumbarton on loan yesterday?!

He will be going on an emergency loan I assume - normally these can be done at anytime however not within the first 7 days of the closure of the window.

Footballfirst

Player ratings

Kello 7 - Good handling in the cold and wet conditions

Thompson 6 - Sound defensively but not much threat going forward

McGowan 6 - Shaky 1st half but much improved in the 2nd

Park 6 - As McGowan above

Brown 7 - Solid defensively and tried hard to get forward in support.

Kostadinov 5 - Not involved for long periods. May have been under instruction to stay out wide but could have done more to get himsel involved

Mrowiec 6 - Steady performance with nothing significant to report either positive or negative. Subbed by Husband midway through the 2nd half

Stewart 8 - Bright opening period, Good selection of passing and broke up play well. Had a quiet spell after taking a knock but improved again toward the end

Templeton 9 - Two great strikes and worked his socks off throughout, tackling back and getting forward. Was always a threat when he had the ball.

Glen 7 - Relatively quiet with few opportinuties. The Falkirk keeper made one good stop from his shot near the end of the 1st half.

Subs

Husband 5 - Kept the passing moving along nicely when he came on

Cowan ... no time

Nicholas Brody
Just back from Stirling. Good second half performance saw a young team get a positive result.

The Falkirk goal was down to poor defending from a free kick as the central defenders failed to get any sort of clearance as the ball dropped in the six yard box.

The first half was fairly even with Johnny Stewart and David Templeton best for Hearts. The Aussie pair is central defence looked a bit shaky at times in that half. The two wingers, Kostadinov and Wallace hardly got a touch of the ball. Funniest moment was McGowan trying to play offside in the "Falkirk" half. He eventually got booked for his recovery tackle, but on another day the card may have been red.

The second half was much better with good periods of possession through short simple passing and the defence was much more secure. Templeton's first goal was a sweet strike off the post that bounced off the keeper's back towards the goal line. It looked like the keeper got his hand on it, then lost it again before regaining it. It may have crossed the line, but the Falkirk defenders weren't happy about the decision.

The winning goal from Templeton was as good a strike as I have seen from anyone in a Hearts jersey from 30 yards and left their keeper helpless.

MOTM ... Templeton by a country mile. He should be in the frame for a start on Saturday, but somehow I doubt if he will get the chance. IMO Csasba is too conservative with his selections.

Player ratings

Kostadinov 5 - Not involved for long periods. May have been under instruction to stay out wide but could have done more to get himsel involved

Mrowiec 6 - Steady performance with nothing significant to report either positive or negative. Subbed by Husband midway through the 2nd half

Stewart 8 - Bright opening period, Good selection of passing and broke up play well. Had a quiet spell after taking a knock but improved again toward the end

Templeton 9 - Two great strikes and worked his socks off throughout, tackling back and getting forward. Was always a threat when he had the ball.

Glen 7 - Relatively quiet with few opportinuties. The Falkirk keeper made one good stop from his shot near the end of the 1st half.

Subs

Cowan ... no time

Thankyou :)

Templeton's doing the right thing. Playing well consistently in the reserves (6 or 7 goals from right/left wing), which clearly impresses Csaba. He'll get his chance before long, of that I'm sure.

Guest The Crack Fox

Templeton should be given a chance. I haven't had the oppertunity to see him play yet, but every report I hear is positive about him. I can see Csaba possibly giving him a run out near the end of the season though, providing either we can't make europe or have already secured it. Either way if Templeton keeps applying himself and does the business in the reserves, it will only be a matter of time.....

Footballfirst
Player ratings

Subs

Cowan ... no time

Oops, I forgot Ryan Wallace 6 - Anonymous 1st half, but saw much more of the ball in the 2nd. Got into some good crossing positions but no end product.

Oops, I forgot Ryan Wallace 6 - Anonymous 1st half, but saw much more of the ball in the 2nd. Got into some good crossing positions but no end product.

FF - Excellant updates. Cheers

Was Csaba there today?

Footballfirst
FF - Excellant updates. Cheers

Was Csaba there today?

Yup he was in the dugout mumbling away in an of accent that few would understand. Whatever he was shouting I could only pick up on the players names.

Winston Ingram

Dont mean to offend his brother but Kostadinov has picked up where he left off pre-Xmas.. ie doing Jack Sprout in reserve games! He'll no doubt follow Copil out the door soon.

How is young Wagner getting on? Havent heard much about him.

Never heard anyhting but good reviews about Templeton.

I wish we'd give the lad a chance in the first team, but as we are doing ok this season, I can understand why Csaba wouldn't want to upset his functioning team.

Archived