Eddie Smith (merged threads)

Dirk Diggler

Guest JamboRobbo
How do you explain him not giving us the pen for handball then?

He was no more then 5 yards away with a clear view.

Same way I'd explain the ref giving Newcastle a penalty yesterday, or the ref sending off Lampard whilst not even booking Gerrard or the boy who karate kicked someone in the back.

Of course, the more logical explanation, is everyone is out to get us. :D

Guest JamboRobbo
JR,

If Eddie Smith knew that he could be suspended for say a month after making 3 indefensible errors during the course of one game, do you still think those 3 decisions would have all went Hamilton's way?

Not sure. I think they suspend refs down south, but it didn't stop them getting just as many decisions just as wrong over the weekend.

I'm not saying Smith's decisions went beyond incompetence (i.e accusing him of cheating), but were you really surprised by the decisions?

nope, I wasn't surprised by the decision. I've played and watched football all my life, playing for various teams and watching various teams, both as a Hearts fan and as a neutral when living down south, and I've watched refs get similar decisions wrong many many times.

Thats why, when I see refs get decisions wrong, I think it's just the way it is, as opposed to a big conspiracy to get at HMFC.

Same way I'd explain the ref giving Newcastle a penalty yesterday, or the ref sending off Lampard whilst not even booking Gerrard or the boy who karate kicked someone in the back.

Of course, the more logical explanation, is everyone is out to get us. :D

Not everyone - but there is a cadre of officials from the Glasgow Assosiation who have it in for us. There is no doubt about that what so ever and it all stems from the Davis affair.

The corner they scored from should never have been awarded as Bruno was on the ground with a head knock.The ref played on for about another 20 seconds enabling them to win the corner but play should be stop as soon as Bruno goes to ground with the head knock.

The referee was right beside Bruno and checked that he was not in danger while letting play go on. Nothing wrong with that. Particularly as there was nothing wrong with Bruno.

We lost the goal from a corner when one of our players was off having a rest. We are better this season than last for this malingering though - last season Velicka/Ksnavicius/Kingston were a joke for this.

Smith didn't have a good game but I think he was right on letting play go on.

Not sure. I think they suspend refs down south, but it didn't stop them getting just as many decisions just as wrong over the weekend.

nope, I wasn't surprised by the decision. I've played and watched football all my life, playing for various teams and watching various teams, both as a Hearts fan and as a neutral when living down south, and I've watched refs get similar decisions wrong many many times.

Thats why, when I see refs get decisions wrong, I think it's just the way it is, as opposed to a big conspiracy to get at HMFC.

Yes refs are human so, yes they will make mistakes.

What I find strange is the way you just shrug your shoulders at refs making multiple mistakes yet you're not so forgiving of the human failings of those within our club.

Yes, I was at the game and saw the incidents in question. No, I don't think the referee is a cheat, and no, I don't think he was out to get HMFC.

I'll assume you weren't at the game, and put a :mw_rolleyes: smiley in your direction also.

I was there and saw the incidents perfectly well thanks.

I didn't ask you either of the answers you gave me. I don't think he cheated or was "out to get us" as you put it either.

I do think he got the decisions glaringly wrong though and I also think the decisions were extremely important ones that could easily have changed the outcome of the game.

Can you admit that much?

Guest JamboRobbo
I was there and saw the incidents perfectly well thanks.

I didn't ask you either of the answers you gave me. I don't think he cheated or was "out to get us" as you put it either.

You asked if I was at the game. I answered.

I do think he got the decisions glaringly wrong though and I also think the decisions were extremely important ones that could easily have changed the outcome of the game.

Can you admit that much?

I've already done so. Can you admit that there were similarly wrong decisions at grounds all over the country at the weekend. e.g Chelsea v Liverpool and Newcastle v Sunderland yesterday.....

If your serious with that comment then i can only suggest that you havent been watching scottish football for very long. This subject could be discussed for days and many instances used to highlight the fact that we have refs who arent just rubbish.

Its your opinion and i respect that, but i feel your take on the subject is simplistic and ignoring the evidence. Do i feel that its just hearts that get this rubbish?, No i dont. I do however feel that hearts have had more than a few "bad" decisions since Vlad let loose his tirade against the Sfa and the media.

To suggets that the incidents on saturday are meerly the way it goes baffles me. To get one decision wrong is fair enough, but the handball straight in front of him, is for me cheating. If its not then he needs his eyes tested as i could see it and i was in the stand behind him. To not see the handball yet interpret the hamilton shout as a penalty makes the case even more water tight as far as i am concerned.

Dont get me wrong we were rubbish but these were major incidents in the game and deserve a debate without the usual paranoia rubbish that i have come to expect from opposition fans.

Guest JamboRobbo
If your serious with that comment then i can only suggest that you havent been watching scottish football for very long. This subject could be discussed for days and many instances used to highlight the fact that we have refs who arent just rubbish.

Its your opinion and i respect that, but i feel your take on the subject is simplistic and ignoring the evidence. Do i feel that its just hearts that get this rubbish?, No i dont. I do however feel that hearts have had more than a few "bad" decisions since Vlad let loose his tirade against the Sfa and the media.

To suggets that the incidents on saturday are meerly the way it goes baffles me. To get one decision wrong is fair enough, but the handball straight in front of him, is for me cheating. If its not then he needs his eyes tested as i could see it and i was in the stand behind him. To not see the handball yet interpret the hamilton shout as a penalty makes the case even more water tight as far as i am concerned.

Dont get me wrong we were rubbish but these were major incidents in the game and deserve a debate without the usual paranoia rubbish that i have come to expect from opposition fans.

You're entitled to your opinion mate. I've been watching and playing football all my life, and I've regularly seen decisions just as bad.

Yesterday, in two games alone (Liverpool and Newcastle) I saw 5 or 6 decisions which were every bit as blatant and every bit as wrong.

You asked if I was at the game. I answered.

I've already done so. Can you admit that there were similarly wrong decisions at grounds all over the country at the weekend. e.g Chelsea v Liverpool and Newcastle v Sunderland yesterday.....

I asked if you saw the incidents. You didn't answer!

I know all too well about the incompetence of referees having been on the wrong side of them many a time. There's pathetic decisions made week in week out.

You still haven't answered if you think refs incompetence can change the outcome of a game, including Saturday at Hamilton.

Guest JamboRobbo
I asked if you saw the incidents. You didn't answer!

What part of "Yes, I was at the game and saw the incidents in question. " did you not understand?

I know all too well about the incompetence of referees having been on the wrong side of them many a time. There's pathetic decisions made week in week out.

And was your immediate reaction that it was cause the referees are out to get your team?

You still haven't answered if you think refs incompetence can change the outcome of a game, including Saturday at Hamilton.

Of course it can. It changed both the Liverpool and Newcastle game yesterday as well.

Classic case of a Celtic minded referee who's scared to harm Rangers getting his kicks out of damaging us, the perceived cousins of his hated team. Also took the chance to gift a penalty to yer man McCarthy

And was your immediate reaction that it was cause the referees are out to get your team?

Nope, it was "what a ****ing nobjockey" on most occasions. You're confusing me with someone else as I've never intimated that once. That's twice now you've inferred that with me.

Of course it can. It changed both the Liverpool and Newcastle game yesterday as well.

Hurrah!

Archived