Hamilton Academical v Heart of Midlothian official match thread

Geoff Kilpatrick

I can only guess that the "Committee" still decides our tactics

Surely Csaba or any manager wolud play 2 up front when we need to score

we have been plaiying 4 5 1 for last 2 seasons irrespective of results or game situations

strange that Csaba comes in and plays exactly the same formation as last year........

Why is it when we lose the focus always turns back to Vlad and Korobotchka, yet when we win not a peep.

Once again we follow the same script for an away performance, it's happened many times before and it will happen many times in the future.

We have been on a reasonably good run with only 3 defeats in the last 15 or so matches (all these defeats have been away from home).

It's not good and I am not happy but lets not have the usual wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Hopefully we can bring in 1 or 2 players over the next day or so to freshen things up and get as ready for the cup tie and an important game against Aberdeen.

Also, unless things have changed while I am typing this we have not lost any ground on those around us and nobody has really gained on us.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are people not allowed to be frustrated??

****ing ****es me off the way some folk would rather have a dig at other fans/posters than actually discuss why we are getting poor results against the likes of Hamilton ****ing Academicals.

4-5-1 is a joke it really is. We definitely do not have a plan B and Csabas in game tactics are frankly embarrasing. Frailesque.

Drama queens. Pffft.

Er, AP...I understand that today's game has been a bit mince and you're clearly a little upset....but perhaps you should read my post again. It was a light hearted comment made in relation to a thread that had been posted, and the fact that someone had (quite amusingly, I thought) decided it was to blame for today's result.

Mate, why dont you get to feck.

There ar HEARTS fans plenty ****ed off that we are losing here and all you take pleasure in is slagging off your fellow supporters.

Do you think Hearts have a right to win every game?

Even against Hamilton?

Are they not allowed an off day?

They have just lsot (by all accounts) their influential captain, so are playing with a bit of a makeshift setup and without such leadership.

Yet people are prepared to scream and shout at the faults of not only the individuals on the park but the gaffer and owner. Most of which without too much justification.

The fact that they get so upset that they get annoyed at a post on the forum because of it shows how dillusional they must be to think they have such a divine right to win EVERY week, and will then continue to get stuck into the team to take out their anger.

Thats what is laughable.

we've won our last 3 games, whether you like the formation or not it's working. Selling your captain on the day of a game though is just crazy and it looks like we've paid the price for it

Yeah but its away from home int he league that we're debating we're terrible away from home whilst our home form has been decent

The negativity on this site is a disgrace. Yes, feel angered after a poor away performance, but after other results today we are still joint third, we cant win every game, lets get focused on the scottish cup next week, a much bigger game than this one.

Just ignore him. Waste of bandwith.

Smallest insult and he will be away complaining to the mods.

Never seen him contribute one meaningful post and gets away with trolling/insulting other posters.

Priceless.

In all honesty I dont think our play has sounded all that bad.

Its just the obvious deficiencies in our team which are the problem. The final third.:(

We need to wait for the supporters to get back from the game to get there opinions.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
In all honesty I dont think our play has sounded all that bad.

Its just the obvious deficiencies in our team which are the problem. The final third.:(

Why does it take us until the last 10 minutes to change it then?

What's the point in having Glen and Elliot on the bench if we don't give them a chance?

Csaba - one plan and if that doesn't work we are ****ed. So predictable.

Even against Hamilton?

They have just lsot (by all accounts) their influential captain, so are playing with a bit of a makeshift setup and without such leadership.

Yet people are prepared to scream and shout at the faults of not only the individuals on the park but the gaffer and owner. Most of which without too much justification.

The fact that they get so upset that they get annoyed at a post on the forum because of it shows how dillusional they must be to think they have such a divine right, and will then continue to get stuck into the team to take out their anger.

Thats what is laughable.

Its not an off day though is it. we're like this away from home all the time.

Shabba isnt above questioning 2-0 down away from home surely we should expect some changes long before there are ten minutes left

10p says Hand of Gord makes a comeback now that our winning run is at an end!

deary me. 2 touches from Elliot both greeted by cheers of derision by the Accies fans. :D:D

think it was only 1 touch, he hit fresh air instead of the ball with his 2nd :laugh:

bloomin heck, we're no Real Madrid, what do you expect from this team, we will win more than we'll lose but this team will never ever win a lot of away matches given the formation and the fact our main striker is two stone overweight.

Look on the brightside, hamilton are now just behind the leith vermin and could knock em out the top 6 which would be hilarious:108years:

Still a pesh result no matter what way you look at it 3inaBednar. At this stage of the season i can accept games versus teams around us are 50/50 but we should be getting the points v the pesh at the bottom.

It says alot about our mentality and i hope Csaba spots the weak in our team. The players have to start digging deep and push themselves to get results more than they ever have.

Miller Jambo 60

Even against Hamilton?

The fact that they get so upset that they get annoyed at a post on the forum because of it shows how dillusional they must be to think they have such a divine right to win EVERY week, and will then continue to get stuck into the team to take out their anger.

Thats what is laughable.

I dont like losing Mr Doc to mince Mr Doc

Thunderstruck
Just ignore him. Waste of bandwith.

Smallest insult and he will be away complaining to the mods.

Never seen him contribute one meaningful post and gets away with trolling/insulting other posters.

He will not be alone tonight. If you listen carefully you will hear stones turning over as the doom-mongers creep out fro under and get ready to have a go at anybody and anything.

Its not an off day though is it. we're like this away from home all the time.

Shabba isnt above questioning 2-0 down away from home surely we should expect some changes long before there are ten minutes left

I agree with you.

it seems the performance was rather lackluster. Possibly the effect of losing Berra, I dunno.

Im not totally sold on 2 strikers, as I think we'd be more eaily taken a part without a 5 man midfield.

I think in this instance changes should have been made much eariler.

Priceless.

Please stop posting. You are wasting perfectly good bandwith. Thanks.

I dont like losing Mr Doc to mince Mr Doc

Of course Doug, but we dont have a right to win every game.

And thats the problem on KB, people moan constantly over it, even when its totally unjustified.

It seems todays game was poor though, but I cant help but think Losing Berra served to give them all a kick in the stones, that they simply havent been able to get over yet.

Er, AP...I understand that today's game has been a bit mince and you're clearly a little upset....but perhaps you should read my post again. It was a light hearted comment made in relation to a thread that had been posted, and the fact that someone had (quite amusingly, I thought) decided it was to blame for today's result.

Apologies. Just came across as very smug.

I am very upset with the result. Don't even know why because I half expected it.

rudi must stay
Losing 2-0 to Hamilton is a fecking embarrassment!, IMO.

they've won 5 games in a row. So it was always going to be a tough game

Please stop posting. You are wasting perfectly good bandwith. Thanks.

I can think of over 6000 reasons that thats ironic.

And thats the problem on KB, people moan constantly over it, even when its totally unjustified.

It seems todays game was poor though, but I cant help but think Losing Berra served to give them all a kick in the stones, that they simply havent been able to get over yet.

What exactly is 'totally unjustified' about moaning about a 2-0 loss to Hamilton?

Are you on another ****ing planet or something?

Still a pesh result no matter what way you look at it 3inaBednar. At this stage of the season i can accept games versus teams around us are 50/50 but we should be getting the points v the pesh at the bottom.

It says alot about our mentality and i hope Csaba spots the weak in our team. The players have to start digging deep and push themselves to get results more than they ever have.

I agree mate but at least we have done well in the big games this season bar smeltic at Tynie. We've beaten rankgers, drew at parkhead, pumped leith out the cup and there's some money coming in the door which will hopefully add to a reduced debt figure when the accounts come out. It's a crap game to lose but at least we've lost no ground in the hunt for europe and i'm hopeful we'll bring in a striker by Monday, any striker, just somebody who ain't two stone overweight!!!

There's cover in the team if we lose Berra and i think driver will stay and bruno will sign. All this is a far cry from the media heralded fire sale and collapse of the club.

FFS!!!

hearts had a poor result but so did aberdeen, arguably a worse result because hamilton had won their last 4 games. hibs had a poor result at home.

if people insist on getting sooooo upset every time we lose then they must worry themselves to death.

Thunderstruck
Losing 2-0 to Hamilton is a fecking embarrassment!, IMO.

Not on current form it isn't. They have won five on the trot and are playing well. They will probably feel safe now and will relax and play football. Other teams will likely get turned over by them.

Yes, Hearts should beat teams like the Accies and, by the same logic, the OF, should win every game against "lesser" teams. But, the don't and that's what's good about football.

FFS!!!

hearts had a poor result but so did aberdeen, arguably a worse result because hamilton had won their last 4 games. hibs had a poor result at home.

if people insist on getting sooooo upset every time we lose then they must worry themselves to death.

Spot on.

Silly me for actually wanting to achieve something after a dreadful season.

Let's just be happy we aren't all dead, eh. :mw_rolleyes:

We all feckin know we don`t have the right to win every game but i expect my team to play like they want to.

The team needs a boot up the hole for producing performances like this far too often. I can accept it once in a blue moon but Hamilton are feckin rank mate.

We should be pressurising these teams higher up the park and showing them up for what they are. I`m sick of sub-standard defenders getting plenty time on the ball at the back because of our formation and deep lying style.

All it does is give other teams confidence.

Apologies. Just came across as very smug.

I am very upset with the result. Don't even know why because I half expected it.

Tongue in cheek comment aimed at lightening the mood, yes. Smug? Nope. As someone else who has also just listened to their team getting dumped 2-0 by Hamilton, I'm not feeling particularly smug.

Anyway, back to the matter in hand and the game itself. I'm disappointed by the result but mostly because having now seen the other scores, we've missed an opportunity to move ahead of United. They'll be feeling lucky today. But slip-ups happen, and today we fecked up...but we're not doing that every week. It's unfortunate but it happens, that's my philosophy.

Spot on.

Silly me for actually wanting to achieve something after a dreadful season.

Let's just be happy we aren't all dead, eh. :mw_rolleyes:

come on mate, you know what i meant.

there's no need for widespread panic every time we lose. look at the league table and tell me we are in bad shape. we have a possible cup run to look forward to.

I think the main moaning point of this match was that we left it so late before changing tactics. I'm not sure Csaba was hoping for with playing 1 up front for so long after going 2-0 down.

The only time we seemed to be in the game was towards the end of the first half, we never seemed in it before or after that. Reminded me a lot of listening to the Killie game actually, but somehow we came away with a 2-0 victory after that.

I think there's a lot of overreaction here, yes I'm very annoyed that we lost 2-0 to Hamilton and that they beat us without too much trouble. But they've won quite a few games in a row now and I think a lot of people underestimated how difficult a game this was going to be.

Geoff Kilpatrick

All I can add is that there have been rolling blackouts out here due to the heatwave.

Unfortunately, the power stayed on in my suburb meaning I listened in till the end. :mad:

Nicholas Brody
I think the main moaning point of this match was that we left it so late before changing tactics. I'm not sure Csaba was hoping for with playing 1 up front for so long after going 2-0 down.

The only time we seemed to be in the game was towards the end of the first half, we never seemed in it before or after that. Reminded me a lot of listening to the Killie game actually, but somehow we came away with a 2-0 victory after that.

I think there's a lot of overreaction here, yes I'm very annoyed that we lost 2-0 to Hamilton and that they beat us without too much trouble. But they've won quite a few games in a row now and I think a lot of people underestimated how difficult a game this was going to be.

:thumb:

netherleejambo

Just back and it was a poor all round performance - though Hamilton had only 3 shots on target and 1 was the penalty (which was never a penalty). Although we badly need a striker we also need a central defender - Johnson is not good in this position it was obvious last week and again today. Nade blundred about to no effect although I would give Obua credit for a decent performance in the first half. Driver was pretty poor today as well and Bruno and Stewart lacked any quality in the midfeild (Bruno made a point of shaking Csaba's hand when he came off).

Pity - we had a chance to go a clear 3rd but blew it.

portobellojambo1
Not on current form it isn't. They have won five on the trot and are playing well. They will probably feel safe now and will relax and play football. Other teams will likely get turned over by them.

Yes, Hearts should beat teams like the Accies and, by the same logic, the OF, should win every game against "lesser" teams. But, the don't and that's what's good about football.

If that was Hamilton playing well I would hate to see them playing badly, they were useless today, whereas we were just pure and utter fecking s h i t e.

We were clueless, totally and utterly clueless,

Thunderstruck
If that was Hamilton playing well I would hate to see them playing badly, they were useless today, whereas we were just pure and utter fecking s h i t e.

We were clueless, totally and utterly clueless,

I doubt any team can win five on the trot by being "fecking s h i t e".

In any event, it is all relative, they only had to be slightly less honking than Hearts today.

When you have a few younger players in yer squad you are going to slip up now and again and consistency is gonna be a problem.

IMO we tried hard enough today and created a few chances but we deffo need to either buy another striker or give one of the ones we have, (i.e. Not Clum) more of a chance than they are currently gettin.

I doubt any team can win five on the trot by being "fecking s h i t e".

In any event, it is all relative, they only had to be slightly less honking than Hearts today.

TBF Hamilton were utterly gash today, very very lucky to get anything from a game which, as I have said on another thread really should have ended 0-0. Hearts did not offer a lot in the final third, but we weren't as crap as some are making out. We certainly didn't deserve to lose 2-0 that's for sure.

When you have a few younger players in yer squad you are going to slip up now and again and consistency is gonna be a problem.

IMO we tried hard enough today and created a few chances but we deffo need to either buy another striker or give one of the ones we have, (i.e. Not Clum) more of a chance than they are currently gettin.

I'd agree with that summary. Too many people go completely OTT when we lose and post utter drivel on Kickback. Hamilton packing the box every time we got near it made it almost impossible to get a clear chance. We kept trying to undo them though, kept plugging away, in vain.

I would have been a lot more ****ed off had we just not bothered our erse, which is what we tended to do last season.

Archived