well done, Obua

Rick Grimes

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get over yersell ya cardigan wearing goat.

Because on a football forum I type that another poster knows absolutely nothing about football, AFTER he criticises our player who was instrumental in our victory against the Hibs in the Cup, and who scores two today ....

You have a word with yourself , Fhanny.

Rod.

Please explain, i remember him being lost until REAL Fletcher got sent off , and then looking slightly better 2nd half due to hobos only having 10 players.

Thunderstruck

Never mind trout, that second goal was the majestic leap of a salmon.

Davy O had a pretty decent game, I thought.

Broxburn_Jambo

Just seen it on Alba, first one was an own goal. I still thought Obua did ok today though.

Seymour M Hersh
obua ot a long way to go to convince me he's a player.

jambomickey, a long way to go to convince me he's a Hearts fan!:108years:

south morocco
Never mind trout, that second goal was the majestic leap of a salmon.

Davy O had a pretty decent game, I thought.

he also won 95% of 50/50 headers,if that makes sense

Generic Username

I'm going to get a home top on Monday with "O-bizzle" on the back.

And a picture of a gun.

And "brrrrap brrrrap brrrrap" at the bottom".

Fact.

his 2nd goal was outstanding. mcdonald threw it to him, before he started the move down the left before it got switched. the big man done well to keep going and get into a good position for drivers cross.

a great move all round, not one caley player touched the ball from mcdonalds throw

Malinga the Swinga

His header fro Hearts second was a cracker. Got above defender and powered header home. definite improvment. Keep it up.

Had a decent game topped off with two goals.

I like his attitude and it's good to see him starting to put in some decent performances, only thing that he done wrong today was to give away that silly free kick that led to ICT's second, other than that a fairly solid game.

More of the same, please.

Time and again I read posts slamming a player. In a few weeks time they are the bees knee's. If you can't see that Obua does have footballing talent, you must be one of those - he's gash, (few weeks later) naw he surpirises me he's pretty good - he's also gash, (few weeks later) naw he's really good.

I am tired pointing out the number of times people sway from one thing to another.:D Just face it, yer pesh at knowing how good a footballer is. Just because he plays badly does not mean he is a gash footballer. Bruno was more gash than Obua today - therefore he must be gash too :eek:

Gee us peace:p

Time and again I read posts slamming a player. In a few weeks time they are the bees knee's. If you can't see that Obua does have footballing talent, you must be one of those - he's gash, (few weeks later) naw he surpirises me he's pretty good - he's also gash, (few weeks later) naw he's really good.

I am tired pointing out the number of times people sway from one thing to another.:D Just face it, yer pesh at knowing how good a footballer is. Just because he plays badly does not mean he is a gash footballer. Bruno was more gash than Obua today - therefore he must be gash too :eek:

Gee us peace:p

One of the problems we have is that some folk still think they know better than Shabba.

If Shabba sees something in a player and believes that player will, in the long term improve our team, I think the punters should support Shabbas decisions, he has rarely let us down in the past.

In Shabba we trust. ;)

The Old Tolbooth
Fair play he scored 2 but he is an awful football player.

Driver put them both on a plate for him as well.

Would still much rather see ches on the wing.

I can see where your coming from as Chesney is a more direct player, but answer me this, when was the last time Chesney scored 2 goals in a league game, in fact when was the last time he scored in any league game?

Chesney's end product is awful!

He's pish..... He may have scored 1 and a half goals today, but his over-all contribution was poor. He'll never last. Rubbish first-touch, totally ONE-FOOTED and generally out of his depth

No, you are someone who knows nothing about this game and should go shopping with your boyfriend on a Saturday.

Come back on this board when you know something about the game of football.

Just watched the game on the telly and he had a very good game IMO. Took his goals well and hopefully that will give him plenty of confidence after a difficult start at the club.

Great to see him back up his words in the press with a decent performance !

Thought Larry deserves a lot of praise for his winner, Driver was deadly when the manager switched wings.

While still not convinced, credit where credit's due- he took the 2nd goal well.

I think he's improving, I even applauded him in the first half when he managed to control the ball on his first touch (something I haven't witnessed before from Obua). Haven't seen the tv footage yet but think his first was a bit of a fluke.

Selkirk_Jambo
Like Neilson and Big Zal he is hated by a section of our support. Hope he can handle the pressure.

Undeservedly so, too. Evidently, if you dont play like Zidane in your first few games, your not worthy of the jersey.

Football fans, my arse

Johanes de Silentio

Beginning to see why Csaba rates him - he leapt like a brown trout for the second goal.

I hope he is officially awarded the first goal - a double would do wonders for his confidence.

Hopefully he can still improve even more.

Yer arse, tell me anyone else in the team who would have scored either of those goals

you don't like him as a player fair enough, don't slaver pish to back up your argument

What was exceptionally difficult about either goal?

The hard part in both goals was done by Driver, do you deny that?

I would be expecting anybody of his size that is a proffesional footballer to put those chances away.

Fair play to the lad he got in the positions and i respect the effort he showed today.

I could bet on Kari or Berra or Jonsson or even Kingston(who is very good in the air) to put them away.

Fair play to Obua but he is just not good enough.

I can see where your coming from as Chesney is a more direct player, but answer me this, when was the last time Chesney scored 2 goals in a league game, in fact when was the last time he scored in any league game?

Chesney's end product is awful!

I tend to agree with you mate, Chesney really needs to work on his play in the final third.

However that said he is one of the few players in the team who can get the fans on the edge of their seats.

Chesney on top form(like at Fester)is an absolute joy to watch.

Beginning to see why Csaba rates him - he leapt like a brown trout for the second goal.

I hope he is officially awarded the first goal - a double would do wonders for his confidence.

Hopefully he can still improve even more.

He had a much better game today.

Especially in the 2nd half.

Would like to see him try out his pace rather than pass sideways or back.

Overall a vast improvement.

Quality header for the 2nd.

Better to come hopefully.

Absolite blind pish. He had a better game than Karapidis and Bruno today, but you're probably one of those type that need to be told when it's time to appreciate a player. A bit like the anto Miko crowd, Miko was pish for a while but then turned his game around, but despite this it still took the slow thinkers a good few games to notice this while the booing continued.

Obua must have won about a dozen decent knock on's today and scored two goals. What the feck does he have to do to win some folk over.

Have to admit I was/am one of those slow thinkers you talk of. Turning point for me was that pass in the first half at Easter Road that ended up in the stand and he got pelters. After that he seemed to do the simple things right, win the ball, give it to someone to make a pass, and then win the odd ball in the air.

Thought he did that today pretty well, still a couple of moments where he thought he was better than he is, but managed to hold himself back a bit more. Absolutley pashed myself whe he scored and then almost followed through when he got a second today. Delighted for the guy but still not totally convinced yet. Hope to be proved completely wrong about him.

What was exceptionally difficult about either goal?

The hard part in both goals was done by Driver, do you deny that?

I would be expecting anybody of his size that is a proffesional footballer to put those chances away.

Fair play to the lad he got in the positions and i respect the effort he showed today.

I could bet on Kari or Berra or Jonsson or even Kingston(who is very good in the air) to put them away.

Fair play to Obua but he is just not good enough.

Ok I'll bow down to your superior knowledge :mw_rolleyes:

I never said Driver didn't do exceptionally well with the 2nd goal, the problem I had was saying they were laid on a plate which is pish and I stand by that opinion. The first goal Driver did very well to beat the man and put in the cross but it was bread and butter for the keeper until Obua challenged him, if it had been Nade or Kingston I have no doubt they would have fouled the keeper. For the second Driver did even better as it was a cracking cross which Obua finished with aplomb but if it is that easy and anyone could o it can you please tell me the last time Hearts scored from a header that wasn't a result of a set play? Just guessing myself wihout having a proper think but I'd say Velicka in the 2-2 game at Fester Rd off the top of my head

You don't like him and that's fair enough, I'm not saying he's the next Ronaldo or anything but he had a far better game than he has done and scored 2 goals to help us win so be a man and give credit where it's due

Optimus Prime

The golden rule folks. Never judge a player on his first 6 months at a new club. Especially one who has to deal with the culture shock of going from South African Football to Scottish Football.

The hysteria that followed the Motherwell game was embarassing. He'll come good.

Obua in his general play and contribution to the team has been getting slowly better.

Today I thought he scored a goal that we would normally have had chalked off but he ensured he was ultra-fair with his challenge on the keeper(which shows intelligence) and his second goal was one that probably no other player in our team would have finished (more due to height and the jump but also a great far post run to meet it) If he converts chances like he converted today on a regular basis then I dont really give a toss if he hides in a corner for the rest of the game

Charlie-Brown
The golden rule folks. Never judge a player on his first 6 months at a new club. Especially one who has to deal with the culture shock of going from South African Football to Scottish Football.

The hysteria that followed the Motherwell game was embarassing. He'll come good.

There's loadsa good debaters & posters but sadly embarrassing hysteria sums up a lot of JKB at it's worst.

Brilliant. Driver was different class after he switched to the right wing.

and yes, well done Obua. He might be The Man after all.

agreed.. dont think obua can play on the right.. while driver proved again today with good service from the rest of the team will make things happen.. happy to see the big man get his 2 goals ... wonder how many were out of the stadium when larry got the winner ..never leave early its just not worth it:108years:

Fair play to the guy,i thought that he wasnt too bad yesterday and probably had his best game for us.He was awarded with man of the match in the gorgie suite(handed the bottle of champagne to a hearts fan)and said that he wasnt happy with his performances for us so far and that he thought he made a blunder in the tackle that lead to the freekick equaliser.The guy is clearly still to get up to speed and is trying to get back to full fitness after a series of injuries,we should cut him some slack and support him.

You have to ask why it takes 6 months for a player to perform at a acceptable level. just about every other player seems able to move clubs and make a impact.

JAMBOn_et_fromage
Fair play to the guy,i thought that he wasnt too bad yesterday and probably had his best game for us.He was awarded with man of the match in the gorgie suite(handed the bottle of champagne to a hearts fan)and said that he wasnt happy with his performances for us so far and that he thought he made a blunder in the tackle that lead to the freekick equaliser.The guy is clearly still to get up to speed and is trying to get back to full fitness after a series of injuries,we should cut him some slack and support him.

As the recipient of his MOM champagne (it was his birthday present to me) I have nothing but good words for big David. A very humble guy who was more interested in taking the blame for the second Caley goal than accepting plaudits for his own. Nothing Billy big boots about the man at all.

PresidentRomanov

I said when I first seen him, that David Obua will never be a footballer, and my opinion hasn't changed.

I didn't even cheer the first goal yesterday, as I thought It wasn't going to be given, I still can't believe it was.

I said when I first seen him, that David Obua will never be a footballer, and my opinion hasn't changed.

I didn't even cheer the first goal yesterday, as I thought It wasn't going to be given, I still can't believe it was.

He's done quite well for someone who will never be a footballer. Represents his country, was South African player of the year, and plays for Heart of Midlothian.

Guest GhostHunter

This is a live topic - no need to refresh as long as someone replies within 300 secs - automatic update of thread...

Drylaw :laugh::tongue:

The fact is there were two players sitting on the bench who are better in the position Oboua was given. That says that favouritism from someone is behind his place in the team.

Drylaw Hearts
The fact is there were two players sitting on the bench who are better in the position Oboua was given. That says that favouritism from someone is behind his place in the team.

Csaba ?

You know what ? I trust Csaba'a judgement over yours

David played reasonably well yesterday and is improving. Two goals (I shouldn't think he gives a toss whether you cheered or not) and self deprication when being given MOM award gives me hope that he will be a good un.

Add to the above that all the other results went to plan and it was basically a great day :laugh:

David played reasonably well yesterday and is improving. Two goals (I shouldn't think he gives a toss whether you cheered or not) and self deprication when being given MOM award gives me hope that he will be a good un.

Add to the above that all the other results went to plan and it was basically a great day :laugh:[/QUOT

So do I. I must admit I wasn't too impressed with the guy following the Airdrie match, however the last few weeks have made me feel that he might well become a very shrewd acquisition for us. Well done David.

Add to the above that all the other results went to plan and it was basically a great day :laugh:

I'd have like to see Utd getting beat :tongue:

winston churchill

i am still not convinced about big liquorice legs.

he's csaba man, and the team will be moved around to fit him in.

If Davy O is 'never a footballer' then -

Csaba L?szl? is therefore a complete erse - fact

Kaiser Chiefs must be a mud hut pub team - fact

African football is a total joke end of - fact

:D

Following on from some dodgy performances and even dodgier 'antic's ( the gobbing for one ) the lad has clearly responded to constructive criticism and is starting to put in some half decent performances.

I was really chuffed for the guy yesterday and I think Csaba maybe thought he'd earned the right to a full 90 mins ( psychology ? ) despite his position being one under threat when Glen was about to come on to freshen things up ?

Archived