well done, Obua

Rick Grimes

can't believe this doesn't have its own thread yet.

he's far from the finished article, but definitely making improvements now. maybe now we'll get to see the player that the appeals panel was so impressed with when his signed up & maybe he'll get a chance from the stands too.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's far from the finished article, but definitely making improvements now. maybe now we'll get to see the player that the appeals panel was so impressed with when his signed up & maybe he'll get a chance from the stands too.

He's got a lot to work on IMO, but is making improvements each week. It seems to take him a good 30-40 mins to get into a game though.

He was like having our own Kris Boyd today!:tongue:

He was like having our own Kris Boyd today!:tongue:

nah, Boyd's just a lazy, lanky huddy who somehow scores goals..... i can't see the link at all.

:laugh:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Loved it today when he got his first goal!

He looked made up and even did a wee bit chest thumping for the benefit of who ever was in the main stand

Brilliant stuff, made up for the boy!

Obua was getting stuck in before his goal, and while I didn't see 2 goals coming from him, he's been getting better at last.

Couldn't believe that he was 5-1 for first goal all the same.

Nice set up play by Driver too.

jack D and coke

Must admit i thought Csaba had signed a complete dumpling and while he's proved nothing yet against the bottom side it's a start.

Just looks so awkward and stork like.

He's pish..... He may have scored 1 and a half goals today, but his over-all contribution was poor. He'll never last. Rubbish first-touch, totally ONE-FOOTED and generally out of his depth

Francis Albert

Well done. Happy for him after all the abuse.

Also for Csaba. We moan for years for our manager to be free to make his own choices. And when he does we moan on ...

Obua was getting stuck in before his goal, and while I didn't see 2 goals coming from him, he's been getting better at last.

Couldn't believe that he was 5-1 for first goal all the same.

Nice set up play by Driver too.

Brilliant. Driver was different class after he switched to the right wing.

and yes, well done Obua. He might be The Man after all.

Ogi fae Gorgie
He's pish..... He may have scored 1 and a half goals today, but his over-all contribution was poor. He'll never last. Rubbish first-touch, totally ONE-FOOTED and generally out of his depth

Open your eyes mate, on talking about his performance today you say "contribution was poor". One definate goal and will have to see highlights for the first, linked well with Wallace and Nade in interpassing moves, never stood still and was trying. Bit like your post really.....trying.

Oh and why is it when right footers use their right foot all the time and left footers use their left foot all the time, they, the left footers are one footed?

Doh!!

You know absolutely ****** All about football!!!

That is all.

Rod.

Mac_fae_Gillie

hopefully scoring will give him some self belief...

goodluck to him,seen some of his non hearts performances he has real class its just taking its time to show in the spl which is same for many foriegn players..........

You know absolutely ****** All about football!!!

That is all.

Rod.

Everyone's allowed an opinion. Have a word with yourself FFS.

IMO, the Ugandan Fairy has been pretty poor since coming to Hearts. However, today i thought he done very well indeed. Good luck to the lad.

We as hearts fans dont give any players time to settle. Constantly on players backs. Yes he was honking and has been but there has been a gradual improvement each game. Lets try supporting the lad and we may see the best of him

Everyone's allowed an opinion. Have a word with yourself FFS.

IMO, the Ugandan Fairy has been pretty poor since coming to Hearts. However, today i thought he done very well indeed. Good luck to the lad.

Get over yersell ya cardigan wearing goat.

Because on a football forum I type that another poster knows absolutely nothing about football, AFTER he criticises our player who was instrumental in our victory against the Hibs in the Cup, and who scores two today ....

You have a word with yourself , Fhanny.

Rod.

chester copperpot
Get over yersell ya cardigan wearing goat.

Because on a football forum I type that another poster knows absolutely nothing about football, AFTER he criticises our player who was instrumental in our victory against the Hibs in the Cup, and who scores two today ....

You have a word with yourself , Fhanny.

Rod.

Bit of an overreaction there Mr Hull.

Away and fall off a roof.

Thought the turning point for him today was when he went to take a corner in front of section G and a big group got up and cheered him* as he went to take it (and put in a peach of a ball to back post) he had a massive smile on his face and started to come onto a game after it.

Sometimes it only takes a little encouragement like that to help a players confidence

* i won't tell him most were being sarcastic if you don't :tongue:

Never put a foot wrong today and won every header he went for also took some pretty decent corners and generally got stuck in and topped it off with two goals.His first touch was still clumsy at times but with the flack the guy has had to take he now desrves the praise.

From the start i thought there was a player there. Tbh has was pretty gash until the cup derby where i thought he was good. Then came last week where I thought again he was good but still not great. Today he improved again but definately doesnt look the finished article yet. Apart from the two goals he played well but still his control wasnt great and he gave away a stupid freekick for their second.

Hopefully when it gets warmer and drier he will improve again as im sure thats whats he used to. Tbh, coming from 30+ temperatures all year round to 5 and under must be quite different to play in. Also add the fact that the SPL is such a different game to any other league it must be pretty difficult to adjust. Now though with a decent run in the team he seems to be getting used to it and hopefully there is only better to come!

chester copperpot
Aye clever, you're good.

Rod.

Rod, I'm only trying to lighten the mood in here fella, chill out.

And yes, I know I'm clever. :D:tongue:

Obua got some shocking abuse from the guys behind me in section N. All because Bruno was taken off, hardly Obua's fault. The guy calling him a looky-looky man, you're a disgrace. Away to Easter Road.

Rod, I'm only trying to lighten the mood in here fella, chill out.

And yes, I know I'm clever. :D:tongue:

Chilled....but come on, to say that the boy is basically useless after his improved perfomances of late and his goals today...

It Beggars Belief some of the tosh that is spouted on here sometimes, and then to have the sanctimonious police (not you) try to request that I get a grip, come on...

Anyway, now chilled, staying chilled;)

Rod.

We as hearts fans dont give any players time to settle. Constantly on players backs. Yes he was honking and has been but there has been a gradual improvement each game. Lets try supporting the lad and we may see the best of him

I agree, that thus far Obua has struggled badly, & maybe is starting to show a bit of form. I think Czaba realizes this & thats why he is persevering with him.

he's in a totally different environment to that which he is used to, ie Uganda & USA. It takes time to settle in a new country.

So to all those posters whos negativity sucks all the atmosphere out of this forum, you are probably the type of people who do the same thing at work, home & dare I suggest it parties. Thats why you are whingeing on here on a saturday night.

Before you ask, I'm typing this, then going out for dinner with friends....remember these? I doubt it.

chester copperpot
Chilled....but come on, to say that the boy is basically useless after his improved perfomances of late and his goals today...

It Beggars Belief some of the tosh that is spouted on here sometimes, and then to have the sanctimonious police (not you) try to request that I get a grip, come on...

Anyway, now chilled, staying chilled;)

Rod.

Good lad. ;)

Absolite blind pish. He had a better game than Karapidis and Bruno today, but you're probably one of those type that need to be told when it's time to appreciate a player. A bit like the anto Miko crowd, Miko was pish for a while but then turned his game around, but despite this it still took the slow thinkers a good few games to notice this while the booing continued.

Obua must have won about a dozen decent knock on's today and scored two goals. What the feck does he have to do to win some folk over.

rod you don't have to sign your name at the bottom of your posts we know you are rod

savage

Savage, been doing it for years on here and on previous boards of this ilk, any reason why it bothers you now, remember, still chilled;)

Rod.

Absolite blind pish. He had a better game than Karapidis and Bruno today, but you're probably one of those type that need to be told when it's time to appreciate a player. A bit like the anto Miko crowd, Miko was pish for a while but then turned his game around, but despite this it still took the slow thinkers a good few games to notice this while the booing continued.

Obua must have won about a dozen decent knock on's today and scored two goals. What the feck does he have to do to win some folk over.

Be careful, there are those on here that will "have you" for that sort of talk;)

Still chilled,

Rod.

Most players need a few months to get settled in to a new club, new country, a vastly different climate (2C in Scotland, 40C in South Africa) he's doing alright, his game is coming on, slowly but surely he is turning into the player Lazslo signed.

This was probally his best game, not great yet, but improving- isn't that all we ask?

I feel sorry for the guy, he has had so much abuse for under-performing when he's just arrived at the club, where are the days that you give a player a chance, not just a game or 2 or 3, but 4-6 months.

Good game today Dave and good luck.:D

Fair play he scored 2 but he is an awful football player.

Driver put them both on a plate for him as well.

Would still much rather see ches on the wing.

His performances are steadily improving. This time next season with the steady improvement he will be different class ;).

I was happy with his performance apart from his silly foul for their second goal. Worked hard, passed well but I just feel he needs to be a bit more direct when he has a bit of space. He is always looking to offload it. Hopefully his goals will have given him a big boost in confidence.

He hasn't half got some leap on him. Fantastic in the air. After his first goal it seemed like Lower N all moved forward in unison to congratulate him.

Thought he had a good game today and despite what people say he was easily one of our better players today even without taking the goals into consideration

I think people don't like him because he is so different to what we have in the league in his size, build, running style etc so when it's not coming off for him he's an easy mark.

Worked hard today, always back to support the full back and defend the back post, silly challenge that led to their 2nd goal aside he did nothing wrong.

As for the goals, for the first he deserves credit for going up for a header with the keeper and winning without fouling him. His second has got to go down as one of the best headed goals I've seen at Tynie in a long long time

As was shouted on many occasions by me today -

c'mon Dave

Fair play he scored 2 but he is an awful football player.

Driver put them both on a plate for him as well.

Would still much rather see ches on the wing.

Yer arse, tell me anyone else in the team who would have scored either of those goals

you don't like him as a player fair enough, don't slaver pish to back up your argument

I don't think his tall gangly appearance does him any favours when things go wrong as he always looks so awkward. Today I thought he was one of our better players and I was very impressed with his corners, he can take them all season now.

bilston angel

He wasn't great but scored one maybe two and looks good in the air but why should he get preferential treatment and be selected when not playing well.

Other players have to get up to match fitness in reserve games and be patient but not him he was in while not performing I think this is what the fans are annoyed at.

Yer arse, tell me anyone else in the team who would have scored either of those goals

you don't like him as a player fair enough, don't slaver pish to back up your argument

Spot on.

Rod.

peebles jambo

obua did state on the official web site that he'd win us(the fans) over, seems like he's statred, IMO had a good game today

Archived