Berra - Sunderland interested.

bighalders

There was something on Sky sports about Sbragia hoping to conclude signing of "young defender" today???

2+2= could be 4 who knows?

?2M + ?2M = ?4,000,000.... ?! I'd just about take that but be sorry to see him go.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This would probably be better in the Gullit but just got a text from a Mackem mate who's in Australia believe it or not, and allegedly he's just received a text from someone he knows at the Stadium of Light - "Berra confirmed ?3m, at ground now"

............don't shoot the messenger, hope it's balleux!

Yes, yes it would.

****e i hadn't heard that, had SSN on most of the day aswell. Being Scottish Sbragia could well have Berra on his radar, with Gordon's knowledge of him to call upon as well.

Hope it ain't true but unfortunately really think it might happen.

Is Sbragia Scottish? didn't know that. What's the Sbragia tartan like?

IF Berra is going to go to Sunderland, we should try and get a striker on loan from them till the end of the season, like Anthony Stokes or David Connolly.

I still don't think Berra should go there - wrong career move.

Sunderland = no europe, no cups, bottom half of EPL

Go elsewhere

Guest Dipped Flake
Is Sbragia Scottish? didn't know that. What's the Sbragia tartan like?

So you need to be called Hamish to be Scottish????

IF Berra is going to go to Sunderland, we should try and get a striker on loan from them till the end of the season, like Anthony Stokes or David Connolly.

Be surprised if we'd be able to get either of them as they both have CCC experience and would be likely to go their on loan with Sunderland looking for an eventual fee, IMO.

Hopefully Csaba has something up his sleeve for us!

According to a few of their forums its a done deal.

H.M.F.C. FOREVER

Yep and their keeking their pants because they don't know what he's like.

I think it's maybe a year or 2 early for him.

Who is his source?

fekked if I know, didn't ask, I've no reason to doubt he did get the text, just don't know if it's true or not - time will tell!

Walter Bishop

See they have a Peaknutt on there forum! ;):mw_rolleyes:

Berra imo has the potential to be a quality player, 3 million is potentially a steal yet it is great money for us if that makes sense?

Good luck to him and if he is away thanks to the mackems for once again helping brng down the debt!!!:P

I dont think it would have been out of order to ask for 4-5m for Berra.

If it is to be 3m, hopefully there is some sort of sell on clause involved.

Srbagia was just on SSN.

Stated had agreed a deal with a club for a defender and were just awaiting the phone call to give them formal permission to discuss terms. No names named obviously.

Given they refused to go for ****tu because he wanted 20k a week though would suggest the deal wouldnt be as profitable as we may like if it is Berra

My gut says Berra will not play tomorrow.

I think you may be right Prancer.

I wonder if Gowser or Rapnik will come in and play. A home game against ICT is not the worst first start for either.

?3 Million isn't a bad bit of business really.

We now need to tie down Neilson, Karipidis and Aguair who's deals are up this season.

Sign Black and get him in now.

A Striker.

Sounds like this could be for real. Will be a real blow to lose him.

I think it's a decent move for him and if we get 3m, a decent deal for us. I like him a lot, great steady player and so powerful in the air, but I think with the money coming into the club, Csaba will be able to get in the players he wants.

We've been hearing about McGowan for ages now so let's give the guy his chance.

Are we not getting a wee bit carried away here?

Probably. It could be anyone they are signing.

I just don't think it would be the end of the world if it did happen.

marshallschunkychicken
Srbagia was just on SSN.

Stated had agreed a deal with a club for a defender and were just awaiting the phone call to give them formal permission to discuss terms. No names named obviously.

Given they refused to go for ****tu because he wanted 20k a week though would suggest the deal wouldnt be as profitable as we may like if it is Berra

My gut says Berra will not play tomorrow.

I reckon there could be some substance to this.

The rumour, not Prancer's gut.

;)

Probably. It could be anyone they are signing.

I just don't think it would be the end of the world if it did happen.

True. Diamond? Barr?

I think Berra is definitely ready for the premiership although perhaps an extra 6 month at Hearts under Csaba would be good for him.

That being said, I rate Eggert Jonsson so highly that I think he can slot into Berra's role.

Donno if it's a good thing that a manager who recalls Paul McShane is interested in our captain. I'd rather play a 10 year old kid than Paul McShane at the centre half.

?3 million would be a great price. Not going to get my hopes up.

why would you hope that our captain leaves, halfway through the season?

?3 million

yes but we can sell other players i.e kingston for a decent enough amount. We NEED Berra to push on for Europe.

yes but we can sell other players i.e kingston for a decent enough amount. We NEED Berra to push on for Europe.

Who has bid for Kingston?

We take what we can get. If there is ?3 milion on the table for Berra then he has to go. The last thing we need is another Ritchie or Webster scenario.

Who has bid for Kingston?

We take what we can get. If there is ?3 milion on the table for Berra then he has to go. The last thing we need is another Ritchie or Webster scenario.

Well in reality, who has bid for Berra?? We don't know anything yet, its all speculation. Berra's value can only increase between now and the end of season, sell others now, and keep Berra til summer.

If we need too Sell Berra to raase funds then so be it, let's be honest we would have taken under a million six months ago, I would rather sell Kingston but that is looking unlikely, and we still have Eggert who is going to be worth a lot more than ?3M soon.

The Sunderland manager Ricky Sbragia just on Sky Sports News saying very close to signing a Defender. The player in question has expressed his willingness to join Sunderland and they are just awaiting a call from his club to confirm deal can go ahead.

Make of that what you will

If we need too Sell Berra to raase funds then so be it, let's be honest we would have taken under a million six months ago, I would rather sell Kingston but that is looking unlikely, and we still have Eggert who is going to be worth a lot more than ?3M soon.

Only if you were absolutely bonkers.

Six months ago Berra was a good player nothing more and there is no way we would have got any more for him, the transformation this season has been incredible, no doubt a lot of that down to Csaba

I think it's a decent move for him and if we get 3m, a decent deal for us. I like him a lot, great steady player and so powerful in the air, but I think with the money coming into the club, Csaba will be able to get in the players he wants.

We've been hearing about McGowan for ages now so let's give the guy his chance.

Csaba said in his press conference today that if Berra went that he had a player in mind to go for immedietly. The original question was if we sold a player near the deadline would he be able to bring in a striker quickly enough( the answer to that was yes and then he went on to mention Berra specificly).

I'm philosophical about Berra's potential departure to be honest. ?3 million is a good price and Sunderland are obviously a much bigger club than ourselves and it would be wrong to deny him the opportunity to better himself.

Players come and go, what is most important at the current time is that Hearts continue to reduce the debt where possible so as to ensure the long term survival of the club.

Chad Sexington

He's improved massively this season so it will be sad to see him go.

Having said that, ?3mill is a spicy meatball in these troubled times. If that is the fee, we have to take it.

Quick bid in for Barr, Jobs a good un. ;)

Alright

According to a few posts on our forum, he is almost certain to sign. do you think this will lad will job in the EPL??

Alright

According to a few posts on our forum, he is almost certain to sign. do you think this will lad will job in the EPL??

He is not quite ready but give him a season and he will be fine, imo.

Alright

Compared to your current defense and defensive record, good signing for you boys, if it happens.

He is not quite ready but give him a season and he will be fine, imo.

We're ****ing desperate at the back, I was hoping he could fit straight in. He must be better than Mc****e.

Alright

Left sided central defender, has pace, but is not the finished article and would need time to adjust to the EPL.

Excellent player for the future, but not a short term fix that will guarantee you avoid relegation.

Archived