Berra - Sunderland interested.

bighalders

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to the Daily Rankger, he's off to Sunderland..............

I don't know why they're wasting toilet roll, sorry newsprint.

We don't play the OF for a couple of months so they don't need to do their pre-match scare story

Whitley Jambo

they are looking for cover for Nosworthy as he is injured. Ricky Sbragia says they are looking for " experienced " defender on interview last night. Doesnt sound like Berra to be honest. Think they are looking short term/cheap cover rather than big money for young international who may or may not be able to step up to Premiership.

Well there are a few teams in the EPL who could do with a good CB and Sunderland are one of them. Tottenham are another.

Goldstone Wonder
I heard a rumour about berra as well.

39197167_gold.jpg

mode_showerhead.jpg

:eek: watersports? Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

Thought he was out on loan (Plymouth?) and injured.

I was just making malicious rumours mate, akin to what the Daily Ranger and Sun are very good at.

jamboinglasgow
:eek: watersports? Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

I think someone got the wrong end of the stick when he said last season, "I'm always showered with p**s here."

Sunderland would be a dive for Berra (look at what happened to Gordon). He should be looking more at Everton etc.

Thought he was out on loan (Plymouth?) and injured.

Was doing really well at Plymouth but got injured and back at:walk_man: Sunderland I think.

they are looking for cover for Nosworthy as he is injured. Ricky Sbragia says they are looking for " experienced " defender on interview last night. Doesnt sound like Berra to be honest. Think they are looking short term/cheap cover rather than big money for young international who may or may not be able to step up to Premiership.

then maybe it's Zal they'll take???:D

Last time they paid us for a young Scottish internationalist we got a barrow load of money.

Gies another 10 mill!

According to SSN, Sunderland are interested in 4 defenders, one of which is our own Christophe Berra.

"old news" ;)

Sunderland are desperate at the moment due to injuries, for this reason I would imagine a short term fix will be there first choice.

...since it's a broadsheet it's marginally less likely to be broad ******, I suppose...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article5569207.ece

?3mil? Make it ?5m and, with considerable regret, I will give him a collie-buckie to Wearside masel'.

?3 million isnt enough given his potential value in 2 years time. But I dare say Vlad will sell for that. Cant complain too much at that but we need to ensure we've got a worth while sell on clause

I met Russel Anderson in Jenners the other day buying a cardigan and a satchel, he says that it will be a 1.5 million swap deal with Berra.

Source: Russel Anderson.

;)

Cardigan and a satchel? He's only been south of the border 10 minutes ffs!

What we need in a central defender is for him to be caught in the army & navy stocking up on camo gear and jackboots.

Or forging his own armour out of smelted down Ladas. Vlad must have a stockpile somewhere...

This one might have legs -- Sunderland manager states wants player for game on Tuesday -- we have our other centre back suspended on Saturday but after that free from suspension.

Just maybe deal on after Saturday ?

I met Russel Anderson in Jenners the other day buying a cardigan and a satchel, he says that it will be a 1.5 million swap deal with Berra.

;)

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Charlie-Brown

With Craig Gordon already there & the relatively short distance from home could be an attractive move for Berra, will Everton, Fulham etc make a move?

tambothejambo

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=382658

Some comments beggar belief.

* Berra : Isn't he spanish?

* I'd have Anderson over Berra. Berra is ok, bummed up by their manager as "good enough for Serie A, Man U Chelsea Liverpool and the Bundesliga" but can't get a game over David Weir, Gary Caldwell or McManus for Scotland. Still he's all that!

* he may well be a good player, but defensively we are doing it tough, and have a tough run in.is it worth the risk bringing in a bloke from a pub league?

* To be fair the way the Aberdeen fans went on over Russell Anderson made him sound like Maldini. The Scottish league is pants, it's probably on par with signing a league 1 player unless it's from Rangers or Celtic (in which case they would be on par with a Championship player

Does he really want to go to a club whose fans have their heads stuck so far up their own @rses.

:108years:

I don't think they are in a position to be that arrogant TBH. 2 points off the bottom and their defence has shipped 32 goals in 23 games. I think Berra could do a job for them. Don't want him to of course, I want him to stay here.

Exactly their superstar defenders are .............. ?

Now you see the problem is the standard of attackers these defenders face every week is of a higher standard than the diddies up here.

tambothejambo
Now you see the problem is the standard of attackers these defenders face every week is of a higher standard than the diddies up here.

Hope your not insinuating that kris boyd, scot mcdonald or fletcherinio are not worth between 5-10 million mate

:mw_rolleyes:

Any EPL clubs supporters would be saying the same.

He plays in a diddy wee league and isn't a regular for his national team.

Them the facts.

Hope your not insinuating that kris boyd, scot mcdonald or fletcherinio are not worth between 5-10 million mate

:mw_rolleyes:

Never:mw_rolleyes:

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Easily the worst defender i have ever seen in the EPL is Paul McShane. When he was on loan to Hull he was the cause of EVERY one of Man City's goals when they went 4 up at half time. Sunderland recalled him and he gave away a ridicoulas penalty in is first game back. If Sunderland fans would rather have this imposter playing for them then Berra than suits me down to the ground.

tambothejambo
Any EPL clubs supporters would be saying the same.

He plays in a diddy wee league and isn't a regular for his national team.

Them the facts.

Agree to a certain extent but average SPL players are top performers in the championship. Berra i would like to think is a step above that level.

:108years:

Hackney Hearts

Whether they have a point or not, there's still a lot of ignorance on display.

Old Firm players get preferential treatment when it comes to selection for Scotland - hence Caldwell and McManus getting picked, and Weir's place being safe until he's 93, so long as he's with Rangers. Berra's young yet though - he will win a lot more caps.

Hearts (the pub league team) had Weir in his prime, before he went on to give several years good service to Everton (at a level Sunderland could only dream of).

Sunderland must also value pub league goalkeepers quite highly, as they spent 9 million quid on one recently.

But right enough, only Rangers and Celtic (Championship level) have players worth considering.

The Anderson and Spanish comments aren't even worthy of a reply.

;)

Obviously complete **** but I would be tempted to accept it if that happened ;) IMO

Easily the worst defender i have ever seen in the EPL is Paul McShane. When he was on loan to Hull he was the cause of EVERY one of Man City's goals when they went 4 up at half time. Sunderland recalled him and he gave away a ridicoulas penalty in is first game back. If Sunderland fans would rather have this imposter playing for them then Berra than suits me down to the ground.

No Sunderland fan rates that useless ginger tosser!

Just taken from the Sky Sports Transfer Centre.

12.11 Sunderland boss Ricky Sbragia has revealed he waiting to see if he will be successful in his attempts to sign a mystery defender.

Could it be our bez?

the voice from above

I think I'd be pretty skeptical as well after seeing Russel Anderson be shown to be totally inadequate for the EPL.

This would probably be better in the Gullit but just got a text from a Mackem mate who's in Australia believe it or not, and allegedly he's just received a text from someone he knows at the Stadium of Light - "Berra confirmed ?3m, at ground now"

............don't shoot the messenger, hope it's balleux!

This would probably be better in the Gullit but just got a text from a Mackem mate who's in Australia believe it or not, and allegedly he's just received a text from someone he knows at the Stadium of Light - "Berra confirmed ?3m, at ground now"

............don't shoot the messenger, hope it's balleux!

Who is his source?

Walter Bishop

There was something on Sky sports about Sbragia hoping to conclude signing of "young defender" today???

2+2= could be 4 who knows?

loveofthegame
There was something on Sky sports about Sbragia hoping to conclude signing of "young defender" today???

2+2= could be 4 who knows?

****e i hadn't heard that, had SSN on most of the day aswell. Being Scottish Sbragia could well have Berra on his radar, with Gordon's knowledge of him to call upon as well.

Hope it ain't true but unfortunately really think it might happen.

Archived