The Balogh signs for Hearts

Ryan Gosling

Have we signed him permanently, with the fee being paid in May?

I can sense the anger filtering through your PC! :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have we signed him permanently, with the fee being paid in May?

No, I think we're paying the fee in May (2009 presumably) but in the meantime we've signed him permanently. Excellent news by the way.

I?ve said previously the signing of Balogh would be the sign of whether Csaba?s stock is held in high regard. Next up, Aguiar.

Agreed I also think it shows that Vlad respects Csaba opinion, along with Csaba's negotiating skills.

i'm saying well done mr romanov and being genuine about it! i think balogh is sound in goals

Ah, got you, my bad.

Hearts financial year ends July 31st.

Maybe not dependant on Hearts finacial year though?

I dunno, it was just a suggestion.

great news! got ?9 million for gordon and have replaced him well for ?200.000, well done mr romanov on this one:)

good business by Vlad/Hearts

he may even be moved on in the summer for a tidy wee profit just as Rudi was, :)

We will be in administration by the end of the week.

FACT.

:mw_rolleyes:

But we can pay 200,000 euros for a player (all be it in May).

Francis Albert
Good signing.

Time to lose Kello.

Why? We need always to have a goalkeeper and a substitute goalkeeper at least as or nearly as good (see Hibs, Celtic for recent examples of what happemns if you don't). An injury to any of our three keepers and we are exposed to any further injury or loss of form.

Charlie-Brown
Good signing.

Time to lose Kello.

It would be premature to lose Kello when Jamie MacDonald is out of contract in the summer and is currently free to speak to other clubs if he decides he wants to be first choice keeper somewhere than number 2 or 3 behind Balogh.

I would like Jamie to stay but he might not.:)

Good signing. Starting to have a very strong spine to our team and if we can sell Kingston and add a goal scorer to the team, we should be in with a good shout for Europe.

Great news, 6 months is a long time in football, how many games is that?Just hope we cough up and sign him in may.:)

I've no doubt they'll sign him but Romanov has a habit of waiting 'til he's threatened with UEFA and the likes before he cough's up, be interesting to see if he does actually stick to his word for once, I reckon they'll get paid sometime in 2010 though.

Cig :laugh:

I think someone needs to do a break-dwon of the transfer.;)

I've just given up.

If he starts next season with us I'll figure it out.

I feel I may have made it more complicated for myself than wass necessary.

A tad worrying perhaps?

Given our track record of not coughing up until the last minute, possibly. If we are paying in euros it makes sense to hold off in the hope that the pound will recover somewhat, however. I hope this is the reasoning.

excellent. i had a funny feeling that things would happen this week (in and possibly out) and this is a great start.

well done to csaba AND romanov for making this happen. it's quite frightening to see people so determined to withhold any credit from romanov for positive pieces of business that happen. so bitter and ultimately damaged that they have to poison the thread with negativity.

yes balogh is a csaba choice but it's not csaba who sanctions the contracts. at the very least this shows that romanov is prepared to back up his manager's choice and not try to grab all the glory for himself by insisting on his own choices. that HAS to be a step in the right direction.

My take on this is that he has not yet signed for Hearts, I will wait until it is confirmed before congratulating Hearts on a good bit of business.

excellent. i had a funny feeling that things would happen this week (in and possibly out) and this is a great start.

well done to csaba AND romanov for making this happen. it's quite frightening to see people so determined to withhold any credit from romanov for positive pieces of business that happen. so bitter and ultimately damaged that they have to poison the thread with negativity.

yes balogh is a csaba choice but it's not csaba who sanctions the contracts. at the very least this shows that romanov is prepared to back up his manager's choice and not try to grab all the glory for himself by insisting on his own choices. that HAS to be a step in the right direction.

Shame he couldn't back his manager when he first came here! Who knows where we might've been by now, still, at least this is something a wee bit positive if nothing else happens.

Given our track record of not coughing up until the last minute, possibly. If we are paying in euros it makes sense to hold off in the hope that the pound will recover somewhat, however. I hope this is the reasoning.

It makes absolute sense for Hearts to agree a deal to pay in May. Credit is scarce in the current climate, so therefore why not arrange a payment date to co-incide with the greater cash flow that comes with Season Ticket sales.

Shame he couldn't back his manager when he first came here!

:emoticon_spam:

Bednar

Brellier

Skacel

Pospisil

New deals for Pressley, Gordon and Hartley.

Chad Sexington

Romanov could find a cure for cancer and single handedly broker a permanent peace deal in the middle east, he'd still be the devil incarnate to some on here. :laugh:

Good piece of business for the club this.

Balogh has been quietly effective for us and we look like we're paying a very reasonable price for him.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Cheap as chips...

cant understand why they want so little but cool,very solid keeper needs only minor improvements and seems to work very well with present defence.

Feel a bit sorry for Jamie he has possibilities and should play as first GK somewhere(yep I want him here,but for his career I think he should move).

:emoticon_spam:

Bednar

Brellier

Skacel

Pospisil

New deals for Pressley, Gordon and Hartley.

...and they were all gone within 18 months or so, still, at least they got that length of time, shame the manager didn't!

We sell him on? :laugh:

While I'm far from convinced of the merits of Balogh over MacDonald or even Kello, it's good to see the manager's judgment being backed here. I hope he's proved right, and that the same backing can be extended to enable the acquisition of someone to stick the ball in the net at the other end too!

That is possible, if he does well, we could get, say 10 times what we have paid. At this time Jamie MAc will be ready for the first team.

...and they were all gone within 18 months or so, still, at least they got that length of time, shame the manager didn't!

Don't move the goalposts.

You said 'Shame he couldn't back his manager when he first came here!'

I was pointed out he did exactly that.

You were wrong, deal with it.

:tongue:

Guest jambomickey
That is possible, if he does well, we could get, say 10 times what we have paid. At this time Jamie MAc will be ready for the first team.

and if that's the way it happens then that's good buisness sense

Why?

Csaba says he wants three first team goalies. We have three solid first team goalies.

Whay the clamour to get rid of one when it would weaken us?

We're not exactly rich, I don't feel we need 3 first team goalies. Two should be suffice and if both of them are out at the same time then a youth player should be given the gloves.

I actually really liked Kello in the few games he played, but money could be put to better use elsewhere IMO.

When I said "back the manager" I meant trust him to do the job he was asked to do, sitting at the top of the league having not lost a league game then finding yourself sacked is not backing your manager, there's no point in trying to start something that wasn't there in the first place, you mentioned players' names, not me!

When I said "back the manager" I meant trust him to do the job he was asked to do, sitting at the top of the league having not lost a league game then finding yourself sacked is not backing your manager, there's no point in trying to start something that wasn't there in the first place, you mentioned players' names, not me!

Seeing as this thread is about the club (Vladimir Romanov) signing a player on the recommendation of our manager................

Ach well, my bad.

:D

alternatively, hearts fans could maybe set their grudges and gripes about the past aside and get on with the present day business of being hearts fans who back the club as a whole.

what happened in the past is ancient history and has no bearing on our fortunes from this day onwards. until someone invents a time machine, there's bollox anyone can do to repair past ills.

Are we talking May as that's when the old Sounness rumour says he's talking over from Vlad?

Still, good news, like him as a keeper :D

Maybe Hearts are hopeing that the pound is stronger in May as the fee is 200,000 euros now the ? was about 1e 20 in august now is ?1 to a euro.

Good to see him getting signed up and it makes sense to do it at the end of the season. I think we are owed money by Sunderland when Gordon reaches 50 games and he?s only a few away, so I think that?s where they are budgeting the money from.

Seeing as this thread is about the club (Vladimir Romanov) signing a player on the recommendation of our manager................

Ach well, my bad.

:D

Damned if he does. Damned if he doesn't

Seymour M Hersh

Why would he want to do that? I hear the weather in de-nile is really good this time of year.:)

We're not exactly rich, I don't feel we need 3 first team goalies. Two should be suffice and if both of them are out at the same time then a youth player should be given the gloves.

I actually really liked Kello in the few games he played, but money could be put to better use elsewhere IMO.

I'll bet that a few Celtic supporters wouldn't agree with you after yesterday. Their 2nd choice didn't look that brilliant and if Borearse is out for any length of time wee Ginge will be looking for a third keeper (Zaluskas?) before the window closes.

Incidentally their reserve keeper shipped 4 yesterday and so did their pre-contract signing.

jamboinglasgow

I good signing if finialised.

Balogh is a solid goalie who is not too old and could stay here for a couple of years. With Kello as a capable back up and McDonald (at least till the end of the season.) Next seasons goalies could be Balogh as the main goalie, McDonald/Kello as the back up (depending on if McDonald gets a new contract in my opinon) and Ridgers as third choice and playing as reserve goal keeper (unless he is sent on loan.) Also it means the U19 goalkeeper is Matthew Falzon and I would imagine Shaun Thomson as goalie to the U17s. It creates a well developed set up for goal keepers. One where there is good coaching from Ramoska (who from all i hear is a good coach, even not favouring Kello over MacDonald) and Banks taking the youngsters should create a good line of goalkeepers who we can rely on.

Csaba plans for the future are starting to fall into place if this comes to fruition. The pre-signing of Black, the signing of Balogh, hopefully a new contract for Bruno. I am also sure there is probably other players that Hearts are busy trying to sign on pre-contracts so that we are ready for next season. I also imagine that we will sign one or two youngsters (e.g. U17) from Scotland that are not really worth mentioning now but in a few seasons time may be interesting e.g. think the signing of Eggert was not really seen as a blink of the eye, nor Husband or Templeton but they are more important now.

I'll bet that a few Celtic supporters wouldn't agree with you after yesterday. Their 2nd choice didn't look that brilliant and if Borearse is out for any length of time wee Ginge will be looking for a third keeper (Zaluskas?) before the window closes.

Incidentally their reserve keeper shipped 4 yesterday and so did their pre-contract signing.

Celtic have more dosh than us.

I just feel that if we're on a tight budget then 3 keepers are not required. Especially so as Ridgers is meant to be highly rated from the youth setup

Geoff Kilpatrick
Maybe Hearts are hopeing that the pound is stronger in May as the fee is 200,000 euros now the ? was about 1e 20 in august now is ?1 to a euro.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The pound is headed the way of the Zimbabwean dollar!

I good signing if finialised.

Balogh is a solid goalie who is not too old and could stay here for a couple of years. With Kello as a capable back up and McDonald (at least till the end of the season.) Next seasons goalies could be Balogh as the main goalie, McDonald/Kello as the back up (depending on if McDonald gets a new contract in my opinon) and Ridgers as third choice and playing as reserve goal keeper (unless he is sent on loan.) Also it means the U19 goalkeeper is Matthew Falzon and I would imagine Shaun Thomson as goalie to the U17s. It creates a well developed set up for goal keepers. One where there is good coaching from Ramoska (who from all i hear is a good coach, even not favouring Kello over MacDonald) and Banks taking the youngsters should create a good line of goalkeepers who we can rely on.

Csaba plans for the future are starting to fall into place if this comes to fruition. The pre-signing of Black, the signing of Balogh, hopefully a new contract for Bruno. I am also sure there is probably other players that Hearts are busy trying to sign on pre-contracts so that we are ready for next season. I also imagine that we will sign one or two youngsters (e.g. U17) from Scotland that are not really worth mentioning now but in a few seasons time may be interesting e.g. think the signing of Eggert was not really seen as a blink of the eye, nor Husband or Templeton but they are more important now.

If Falzon is still here.

jamboinglasgow
Celtic have more dosh than us.

I just feel that if we're on a tight budget then 3 keepers are not required. Especially so as Ridgers is meant to be highly rated from the youth setup

I think you have to be careful though. MacDonald and Kello will not be on large wages as one will still be on a young contract and the other is a Kaunas player who reputedly earn very small amounts. So at the moment it is very fisable to keep three good goalkeepers on our books at the moment.

As for Ridgers. Yes he is highly rated but I do think that Goalkeeper is a posistion where it is almost required to have lower league loan experence before you can play, even for 6 months. Also I would not expect so much on the youngster, he only turns 19 in August.

Archived