Kingston to Schalke (merged threads)

washniklaw

Hi there,

i am a schalke fan from germany and this message came up on our blog on friday. After i read all your posts here i must say that i do not want this player to play for our team ... and i hope we do not spend 2 mio or more for him. You can keep him ...

He is actually very talented and could probably improve your squad. He's just not interested in playing for Hearts.

Hi there,

i am a schalke fan from germany and this message came up on our blog on friday. After i read all your posts here i must say that i do not want this player to play for our team ... and i hope we do not spend 2 mio or more for him. You can keep him ...

There is no doubt Kingston has the talent. He is highly rated for Ghana and apparently doesn't look out of place alongside Essien. I can see why you would be reluctant to part with 2 million on an out of form player but perhaps the move to a bigger club such as Schalke would force him to get the finger out and replicate his international form on a weekly basis.

Hi there,

He's a very good player, he just doesn't want to play for us any more.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Hi there,

Folks on here have no idea about Football.

Kingston is the best player in the SPL by a country mile.

It is a real shame that Larry wants to move onto pastures new and if it was my club who where looking to sign him i would be picking him up at the airport.

You really should be contacting your club and begging them to sign him.

Please don't listen to the ramblings of folk on here,most of them support Norwich anyway.

It is a real shame that Larry wants to move onto pastures new and if it was my club who where looking to sign him i would be picking him up at the airport.

Please don't listen to the ramblings of folk on here,most of them support Norwich anyway.

:rofl:

I quite agree. For example: people who think John King was nothing much as a manager.

I agree, don't listen to anyone on this site.

We've in actual fact had a running debate on here for a while now about who he is most like as a player, Maradona or Pele.

We also commonly refer to him as the "workhorse". On one occasion after scoring a simple tap in he was so disgusted with himself that he broke down in tears in front of the Hearts support and begged for forgiveness for showing such mediocrity. To atone for his actions, he got hold of the ball skinned all eleven opposing players before scoring his second from fifty yards out. But still, his guilt remained and later on that night he could be seen running up and down the nearby Pentland hills with 20 kg worth of rocks on his back.

We inevitably shall cry our own tears when he leaves but we know that some birds aren't meant to be caged and soon he must fly to pastures new.

We've in actual fact had a running debate on here for a while now about who he is most like as a player, Maradona or Pele.

We also commonly refer to him as the "workhorse". On one occasion after scoring a simple tap in he was so disgusted with himself that he broke down in tears in front of the Hearts support and begged for forgiveness for showing such mediocrity. To atone for his actions, he got hold of the ball skinned all eleven opposing players before scoring his second from fifty yards out. But still, his guilt remained and later on that night he could be seen running up and down the nearby Pentland hills with 20 kg worth of rocks on his back.

We inevitably shall cry our own tears when he leaves but we know that some birds aren't meant to be caged and soon he must fly to pastures new.

Ha ha excellent post!!

I hope our German friend doesnt take the translation that Larry "skinned all eleven opposing players" too literally!

Hi there,

You have very good English mate. ;)

Tiberius Stinkfinger

A fine fine post.

Showing the true feelings of the Jambo nation.

I perhaps misjudged a few of the previous callers point of view who want to run the player down so that we may keep him.

I am of the same view as you and it would be folly to try to tame the genius that is Larry Kingston.

It will be a sad day,but that day will surely come.

A fine fine post.

Showing the true feelings of the Jambo nation.

I perhaps misjudged a few of the previous callers point of view who want to run the player down so that we may keep him.

I am of the same view as you and it would be folly to try to tame the genius that is Larry Kingston.

It will be a sad day,but that day will surely come.

Do not be too hard on your fellow Jambo's lion Heart!

In truth, I too was tempted to try and talk down Larry's footballing gifts in order to dissuade any potential bidders but deep down I knew that I would never be able to live with the fact that in some small way I was to blame for the fact that Larry's genius would only be seen in a humble football stadium on Gorgie road.

It's your time Larry, spread your wings and fly..... we shall miss you. :cry_smile:

While Kingston hasn't been setting the heather on fire, I still can't believe people are prepared to under value him to the detriment of the club. He is a good player who for one reason or another wants to move on.

Portsmouth didn't back down on their valuation for Defoe becuase he didn't want to play for them again and I doubt West Ham will for Bellamy either. (I appreciate both of them have never showed anything but an appetite to play and give their all, until unsettled).

Call me cynical, but the mods should check the IP address of the Schalke fan to make sure his IP address isn't care of the San giro - smacks of a hobo wind up

Call me cynical, but the mods should check the IP address of the Schalke fan to make sure his IP address isn't care of the San giro - smacks of a hobo wind up

Exactly my point, from post 59.

Maybe we are just too untrusting....

:108years::108years::108years::108years::108years::108years::108years::108years::108years::108years:

Bundesliga outfit Schalke have quashed speculation linking them with a move for Laryea Kingston.

The Ghanaian midfielder is currently on the books of SPL side Hearts, where he has been for the last two years.

He has attracted interest from afar in the past but has always remained loyal to his Scottish employers.

Reports suggesting he could be on his way to Germany have gathered momentum of late, but Schalke chairman Clemens Tonnies insists his club have no intention of approaching the 28-year-old.

"I know nothing about this," he told Bild.

"We have no intention of strengthening our squad this month."

Schalke were believed to be in the market for a midfielder after releasing Peter Lovenkrands and allowing Ze Roberto to join Flamengo on loan.

Even if the Record got the story from Hearts or LK's agent to drum up interest all it would take to verify the story would be to ask Schalke before publishing the story - no?

rudi must stay
Hi there,

if he plays like he did after we signed him or he plays like he does for Ghana ?2 million will be a bargain. He has just got too used to playing badly and still being in the team, with a big squad with good players like Schalke probably does he would be a good signing.

Ah well looks like he's not signing then eh :(

Carl Weathers

:laugh:

To me it looks like you are all funny persons over there in scotland :laugh:

i dont know if you make a joke with me, or are all the post serious, you should know we in germany are not used to make jokes. We are stiff, dont like jokes, uptight people.

Anyway i dont think this player is a good recruitment for us. Even if some here think so.

Archived