Kingston to Schalke (merged threads)

washniklaw

I honestly dont care where he goes - as long as he goes somewhere for a decent amount.

If nobody comes in for him we will sell either Berra or Driver this month IMO. I dont think we will if Kingston is sold.

Reported in the Record. Could explain some people suggestions that he would be going to Germany.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2009/01/17/schalke-eye-up-2million-bid-for-hearts-star-laryea-kingston-86908-21047798/

"The midfielder has also attracted attention from English Premiership clubs plus Greek sides Panathinaikos and AEK Athens."

We need to take this up to the end of the deadline creating a bidding war, 2 million is not enough for him.

we spent 500,000k and at least the same amount on his contract so far. I am sure we can get more than 2 million.

Jambof3tornado
"The midfielder has also attracted attention from English Premiership clubs plus Greek sides Panathinaikos and AEK Athens."

We need to take this up to the end of the deadline creating a bidding war, 2 million is not enough for him.

we spent 500,000k and at least the same amount on his contract so far. I am sure we can get more than 2 million.

Surely a million profit from a waste of space is good money. I agree that we could do with holding out for more if possible but we dont want the window to close with Larry not having moved on cause all parties pull out!!!

Surely a million profit from a waste of space is good money. I agree that we could do with holding out for more if possible but we dont want the window to close with Larry not having moved on cause all parties pull out!!!

I was being conservative in my estimation, if he was on the 10,000-15,000 a week as suggested then we would make no money at all.

The problem is though, he has shown absolutely nothing in the vast majority of his Hearts career to suggest he is worth anything more than the transfer fee we paid for him. Scottish football has had a number of players (Charlie Miller, Eoin Jess, Chic Charnley to name but a few) in the past who have obviously had talent but not the attitude or application to go with it.

The problem is though, he has shown absolutely nothing in the vast majority of his Hearts career to suggest he is worth anything more than the transfer fee we paid for him. Scottish football has had a number of players (Charlie Miller, Eoin Jess, Chic Charnley to name but a few) in the past who have obviously had talent but not the attitude or application to go with it.

He performs excellent for Ghana alongside Essien apparently, while Chic Charnley got hibs relegated. Not much comparison.

Jamboscanbevicius

It seems that Kingston's so called "niggling injuries" seem likely to keep him out for most of January.

I would assume from this that both the player and club are happy to keep him wrapped in cotton wool this month until a buyer is found!

It seems that Kingston's so called "niggling injuries" seem likely to keep him out for most of January.

I would assume from this that both the player and club are happy to keep him wrapped in cotton wool this month until a buyer is found!

I think the fans can also be considered to be happy too! I can't recall any time previously when so many of us were really keen for a particular player to be sold.

Kingston's sale would not only be good for Hearts finances, but Hearts team. We looked much better balanced with Cesnauskis on the right.

Jambof3tornado
I was being conservative in my estimation, if he was on the 10,000-15,000 a week as suggested then we would make no money at all.

Ahh I see,in that case 2mil isnt enough,we have given him a platform to show himself on(hasnt done the best of jobs),and should hold out for a bit more.:)

Jambof3tornado
I think the fans can also be considered to be happy too! I can't recall any time previously when so many of us were really keen for a particular player to be sold.

Kingston's sale would not only be good for Hearts finances, but Hearts team. We looked much better balanced with Cesnauskis on the right.

But are the fans happy to see Larry go because they think it means Driver and Berra wont leave?? If the offers come in for Berra then he will go too IMo,Driver will stay.

Didnt he say he thought he was good enough for Barca....

Pitty he cant show it to us, but if you think you are bigger then the team then thats your first problem

Someone mentioned he is good alongside Essien.....

Clearly doesnt like our play and cant fit in..... he is clearly too good in his eyes

I would happily see him go for 500k, get him off the wage bill

This player HAS to leave Hearts in January. It makes sense for him to take the move now, it makes sense for Hearts financially and it makes sense for Hearts' team.

The only reason he will be here in February is if VR prices him out of a move IMO.

I wonder if 2m sovs is a first offer? I hope VR doesn't do his usual brinkmanship and lose the deal at the end of the window.

This player HAS to leave Hearts in January. It makes sense for him to take the move now, it makes sense for Hearts financially and it makes sense for Hearts' team.

The only reason he will be here in February is if VR prices him out of a move IMO.

He's definitely my first choice for a departure and I'd guess he's probably not averse to the idea himself.....but how much would be too much to ask for him?

I'd rather something was done and dusted sooner rather than later so that we can hang on to the others, but I also wouldn't want to see us take a hit just to get him out of the way. We might not value him all that much as an essential member of the squad, but he's worth a bob or two.

Haddington Jambo

I agree with the majority, (I think), Never mind how much he cost us in fee's or wages. Getting him off the payroll for anything +1.5mill must be a priority. I am tempted to suggest that it could ensure that we could keep some others, berra, driver, bruno etc, a bit longer if it happens, but irrespective of what happens to the others, get rid.

ps larry, thanks for the good times, sadly, for me there were not enough of them.

No doubt a quality player and could have been one of the finest Hearts midfielders if he applied himself more.

?2/?2.5m. Thank you very much.

The Old Tolbooth

How come when the daily ****** prints a story which we don't like, it's deemd a crock of pish, and when they print a story we would all like to be true, all of a sudden it's trustworthy info? :wacko:

He's definitely my first choice for a departure and I'd guess he's probably not averse to the idea himself.....but how much would be too much to ask for him?

I'd rather something was done and dusted sooner rather than later so that we can hang on to the others, but I also wouldn't want to see us take a hit just to get him out of the way. We might not value him all that much as an essential member of the squad, but he's worth a bob or two.

I think that a fee in the region of ?2 Million would be fair and a decent target for VR. However, say VR chips in and says "we want ?4 Million" it would not be the first time that a player had been priced out of a move from Hearts. Beslija and Tall spring to mind.

How come when the daily ****** prints a story which we don't like, it's deemd a crock of pish, and when they print a story we would all like to be true, all of a sudden it's trustworthy info? :wacko:

We're football fans remember and that's just the way it works.:laugh:

Are you new here ? :tongue:

I agree though mate some of the hypocrisy on here is cringe worthy. :rolleyes:

Meant to say I hope Kingstgon GTF.

The Old Tolbooth
We're football fans remember and that's just the way it works.:laugh:

Heh heh, very true mate, but had the article had just 2 words different in it and had "Bruno Aguiar" instead of "Larry Kingston", then the tone of the conversation would have been totally different.

It's a funny old game :D

Heh heh, very true mate, but had the article had just 2 words different in it and had "Bruno Aguiar" instead of "Larry Kingston", then the tone of the conversation would have been totally different.

It's a funny old game :D

Exactly. Believe what you want to believe. Ignore what you want to ignore.

Nelly Terraces

Don't even think the bloke has the supposed talent everyone bangs on about. Totally gash, take the money and run HMFC.

If we get anything like 2m for our show pony, the amount of rebuilding of the team Csaba could probably do is immense.

He has been a waste of space and a chronic underchiever but i'd respect the fact that he brought the club a decent fee.

Another in the very long list of very talented players who just didnt have the extra stuff it takes to play in our league.

He'll be good anywhere where the football is a lot more technical and a lot less physical IMO.

Sell him for whatever we can get. He will NEVER make it here.

By the way. I noticed Danny Invincible is out of contract. Always liked him. A bit off topic but he could be an ideal cheap replacement for Kingston

nanananananana-angus
Another in the very long list of very talented players who just didnt have the extra stuff it takes to play in our league.

He'll be good anywhere where the football is a lot more technical and a lot less physical IMO.

Sell him for whatever we can get. He will NEVER make it here.

By the way. I noticed Danny Invincible is out of contract. Always liked him. A bit off topic but he could be an ideal cheap replacement for Kingston

Agree with this,that's why Vlad would be right to demand 3million.Kingston has been a consistent performer for his country, and I figure prospective buyers are well aware of his capabilities, regardless of the appalling attitude he has had at Hearts.Even if his attitude is deemed to be a risk to any potential buyer,3mill for an established international is small change for big league teams.

Agree with this,that's why Vlad would be right to demand 3million.Kingston has been a consistent performer for his country, and I figure prospective buyers are well aware of his capabilities, regardless of the appalling attitude he has had at Hearts.Even if his attitude is deemed to be a risk to any potential buyer,3mill for an established international is small change for big league teams.

Problem with that is there is not really a lot of precedence for such a sizeable figure. Players from Scottish teams that are not the Glasgow two rarely go for figures of that magnitude, I can only think of Duncan Ferguson, Scott Brown and Craig Gordon.

For a player to leave Hearts for a figure of ?3 Million, he would have to be playing out of his skin, and for a decent period of time. Berra may leave for a fee that big, Kingston won't IMO. A fee of ?2 Million is far more likely, and when you get to that level, there are far more instances of that fee being met in the past.

nanananananana-angus
Problem with that is there is not really a lot of precedence for such a sizeable figure. Players from Scottish teams that are not the Glasgow two rarely go for figures of that magnitude, I can only think of Duncan Ferguson, Scott Brown and Craig Gordon.

For a player to leave Hearts for a figure of ?3 Million, he would have to be playing out of his skin, and for a decent period of time. Berra may leave for a fee that big, Kingston won't IMO. A fee of ?2 Million is far more likely, and when you get to that level, there are far more instances of that fee being met in the past.

Maybe but new precedents are being set all the time as far as transfer fees are concerned and like I say 3mill is small change for any EPL team and not much of a risk.Also I reckon if Kingston was an OF player you could add another 2 mill to his value right now.

JesusWasAJambo

Hopefully he goes , he has been off form for much of this season , was good at when he first came but i would take 2-4 million for him , imo.

Maybe but new precedents are being set all the time as far as transfer fees are concerned and like I say 3mill is small change for any EPL team and not much of a risk.Also I reckon if Kingston was an OF player you could add another 2 mill to his value right now.

At a time when there is an offer on the table for a player to earn ?2 Million a month, of course it is small change for the EPL. The problem is they see us as a small change league. They will look and say "?3 Million for a player from Hearts?!?!?!?!"

I hope you are right, the more we get the better, but I feel that ?2 Million is fair and is roughly what we will get.

Loan deal I would reckon ala Jose.

I doubt that as if we loaned him for a season, like we did with Jose, he'd only have 6 months left on his deal at the end of it so would be able to sign a pre-contract with anyone he wanted.

Not a great deal for us.

nanananananana-angus
At a time when there is an offer on the table for a player to earn ?2 Million a month, of course it is small change for the EPL. The problem is they see us as a small change league. They will look and say "?3 Million for a player from Hearts?!?!?!?!"

I hope you are right, the more we get the better, but I feel that ?2 Million is fair and is roughly what we will get.

We're just going to have to wait and see,and hope for the best.Vlad has played hardball in previous transfer dealings and tbh I don't think 3mill would be pricing him out of a move.I suppose it depends how desperate for cash we are, or how desperate for cash buyers perceive us to be.

Jambo, Goodbye

http://footylatest.com/news/news.php?extend.3084

Sorry if this has been discussed, the latest rumour in relation to Kingston...

Personally the one player I'd hope to sell this month if one had to go to bring in some revenue.

Would this be a good move for Larry if it did go ahead?

Also what would be the highest level some think Larry could achieve?

I'm not even convinced he could even make it in the EPL given his attitude on the pitch sometimes

Like most folk i dont really care where he goes. Think we have to be realistic when looking at a fee. If we double the money we paid for him with a sell on then would be happy. The most important thing is getting him off the paybill. Know doubt the signing of several players depends on getting rid of the high earner.

There is no way anyone will pay 2million for him. Based on performances how can any club manager/scout even value him anywhere near that?

Reported in the Record. Could explain some people suggestions that he would be going to Germany.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2009/01/17/schalke-eye-up-2million-bid-for-hearts-star-laryea-kingston-86908-21047798/

Hi there,

i am a schalke fan from germany and this message came up on our blog on friday. After i read all your posts here i must say that i do not want this player to play for our team ... and i hope we do not spend 2 mio or more for him. You can keep him ...

Archived