Copil gone / not yet (merged)

CJGJ

Do we get a fee for him if he signs for another club or what ?

I am thinking there is something to do with his age that dictates we get a fee even if he runs his contract down ?

I though Csaba said he hated the five year deal ecause it made players less hungry for the game. I think this rumour is rubbish, though not to sltea the OP's information.

Charlie-Brown
Do we get a fee for him if he signs for another club or what ?

I am thinking there is something to do with his age that dictates we get a fee even if he runs his contract down ?

There are some compensation rules in place for players under age 24(?) - not sure how they apply regards international transfers nor do I think compensation amounts are huge - although this is a loophole UEFA were looking to close after the Italian & Spanish clubs lost some top prospects to English clubs most notably Fabregas.

jamboinglasgow

As sad as it may be to say I think it is for the best. He may of been gifted in terms of technical abilty but I question whether there was ever going to be the mental abilty to be a footballer in scotland.

I kept hoping it would work out as if he was on his game he would of been an amazing player but sadly it hasn't happened.

Jambo, Goodbye
I though Csaba said he hated the five year deal ecause it made players less hungry for the game. I think this rumour is rubbish, though not to sltea the OP's information.

The 5 year thing was an option we had agreed two years ago, so hasn't really anything to do with Laszlo's current contract policy

The 5 year thing was an option we had agreed two years ago, so hasn't really anything to do with Laszlo's current contract policy

Aye, but maybe this is a good sign of Csaba saying enough is enough. I do feel a bit sad that i'll never see this lad's full potential bit if we've got better skilled and harder working platers then I can't argue.

Don't know the full story, but apparently (so I've heard) the guy was a bit of a waster and couldn't be ****ed with Hearts.

I'd rather prefer guys who are playing for the jersey and want to get on the subs bench for the first team (Templeton, Husband, Rapik etc etc). These laddies are only 16-19 years old - they are a good prospect.

Hopefully take that Bulgarian waste of space with him

Why is Branny a waste of space?

Maybe now he sees and accepts what it means to be a Jambo, Maybe he'll now work his arse off to be one of us. One look at the away end of Easter Road should remind all and sundry that HMFC are Edinburgh's team.

Big Team... Big Cup

Wee Team...Wee cup

Maybe now he sees and accepts what it means to be a Jambo, Maybe he'll now work his arse off to be one of us. One look at the away end of Easter Road should remind all and sundry that HMFC are Edinburgh's team.

Big Team... Big Cup

Wee Team...Wee cup

waster like the Romanian.Chase him.

vlad on the tyne

might be off the mark here but did Romanov offer Copil's parents employment in Scotland as part of the deal?

Lesson to be learned supporting Hearts no.3878:

Never herald the arrival of 'the hottest European talent' until they prove to be just that.

Buffalo Bill

might be off the mark here but did Romanov offer Copil's parents employment in Scotland as part of the deal?

Can he fix boilers?

Buffalo Bill

Should invoke the 5 year deal anyway and make sure he doesnt play again til he is almost 24.

For the amount of money that little scamming **** and his family have taken out of this club with no return I would see it as just retribution.

The fact he went Awol and came back simply so they could get more money makes this an entirely acceptable stance in my opinion.

Don't see what else the club could have done for him and his family.

And I agree with beats, hopefully the other "wonderkid" imposter isnt far behind

Copil was a joke. His 'performance' in the cup game back in December was disgraceful.

Branimir's not a waster, he's just not that good.

Should invoke the 5 year deal anyway and make sure he doesnt play again til he is almost 24.

For the amount of money that little scamming **** and his family have taken out of this club with no return I would see it as just retribution.

The fact he went Awol and came back simply so they could get more money makes this an entirely acceptable stance in my opinion.

And I agree with beats, hopefully the other "wonderkid" imposter isnt far behind

For once I agree with Prancer.

A 'wage thief', albeit not a high profile one, a 'wage thief' nonetheless.

Good to see that as with the likes of Besijla, Ksnavicius and now this player that sunk costs are not the rationale for keeping them.

It seems that the playing squad is being sorted out. Good stuff.

Copil was a joke. His 'performance' in the cup game back in December was disgraceful.

Branimir's not a waster, he's just not that good.

I thought he was signing for Man City?

For once I agree with Prancer.

A 'wage thief', albeit not a high profile one, a 'wage thief' nonetheless.

High Profile but definitly high cost, we sunk a ridicolous sum of money into him and his family

It's difficult to come to a conclusion on a player without having seen them play regularly, but from all the things that I have heard....I wonder whether he'll ever have the attitude to be a top player anywhere, never mind at Hearts.

Fair play to him if he does, but if he didn't manage to pull his finger out while he was here and do it in a maroon jersey, he'll not be missed.

Faceless cast of 999 now then, no need to panic. He was obviously not good enough, it happens all the time with young so called super talents.

Jeeeeezuz wept... you sound like a hearts fan caring for the benefit of the club.

You go girl!

Agreed. That was the first time I'd seen him play and his attitude was shocking.

He's the type of waste of space that has been our problem for a few years now and at least it looks like now they are all getting punted.

It's ironic that for all the hype about him as a great midfielder, the only thing he ever did for us was save a few penalties as a goalkeeper against Hibs in a youth tournament!

jamboinglasgow
Faceless cast of 999 now then, no need to panic. He was obviously not good enough, it happens all the time with young so called super talents.

I think that is something people have to remember. I admit I hyped copil up and probably can make some players a bit better then they may be (though not much exaggeration) but I know that some players will never hit that potential. They will fall by the wayside, get injuries that ruin their chances.

The problem for Copil and Branny is that they were hyped to the max. Sometimes I feel that if Copil hadn't had a trial at Celtic than he wouldn't of been built up as much, though the EEN and the Hearts website did not help either. That caused a chain reaction where people (like me I am sad to say) used that basis to say he was going to be amazing.

I think in the future we all need to be restrained when a highly rated youngster comes and wait until the player plays before we build him up.

I think that is something people have to remember. I admit I hyped copil up and probably can make some players a bit better then they may be (though not much exaggeration) but I know that some players will never hit that potential. They will fall by the wayside, get injuries that ruin their chances.

The problem for Copil and Branny is that they were hyped to the max. Sometimes I feel that if Copil hadn't had a trial at Celtic than he wouldn't of been built up as much, though the EEN and the Hearts website did not help either. That caused a chain reaction where people (like me I am sad to say) used that basis to say he was going to be amazing.

I think in the future we all need to be restrained when a highly rated youngster comes and wait until the player plays before we build him up.

A voice of reason:thumb:

I still think that this is a decent route to go down. We should be looking to buy the best young players our club can attract and afford.

One thing we seemed to forget is the players mentality. When signing a kid from a foreign country, we need to be as sure as we can be that he is going to apply himself and is the sort of person we want to sign.

Seems that Copil was destined to fail a long time ago, which is a shame but likely to happen when you target younger players. Keep trying Hearts, Eggert has worked, it is looking like Rapnik and McGowan will work too.

Big Team... Big Cup

Wee Team...Wee cup

Branny's bulgarian blod is football blod. His new football shoe talking for this:

http://www.snimka.bg/album.php?album_id=330352

I still think that this is a decent route to go down. We should be looking to buy the best young players our club can attract and afford.

One thing we seemed to forget is the players mentality. When signing a kid from a foreign country, we need to be as sure as we can be that he is going to apply himself and is the sort of person we want to sign.

Seems that Copil was destined to fail a long time ago, which is a shame but likely to happen when you target younger players. Keep trying Hearts, Eggert has worked, it is looking like Rapnik and McGowan will work too.

One of the encouraging things Csaba has said is that he likes to know all about a players mentality before he signs him (though he's not done too well with Obua so far)

Copil was a Kickback favorite for some reason. I think it was cause he scored a good goal against Standard Life at the Gyle one Sunday.:mw_rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow

great post.

I am worried after the Copil debarkle and to a much smaller extent Branny, that people will think we shouldn't go for overseas players. But they can add a niche to the team. A player that can be brought in for ?100,000 can be sold for ?3m after many good seasons at the club is a great bit of business.

As you and Sparky have pointed out, it is the mental side of football we need look at in these players. Csaba said he wanted to know alot about the player and I am pretty certain this will happen now. Also I think with Csaba, he appears to be a manager who will notice and help out a youngster who may have some problems at the time.

As you say, we still have the Oz contigent of Visconte, Ryan and Dylan McGowen who all look to be potentially great for hearts. We have the Slovenian Rapnik, the Icelandic Eggy, the Austrian Wagner, the Lithuanian Novikovas, the American Robert Adam all overseas players that have made the move over to Scotland for Hearts and are either currently being raised or have been through the youth.

Though I want a brazilian in our youths:D

jamboinglasgow
Steady on lad:eek::laugh:

:laugh:oops not the best choice of words there.

Just to clarify I meant a brazilian player in our youth teams.

Guest JamboRobbo
great post.

I am worried after the Copil debarkle and to a much smaller extent Branny, that people will think we shouldn't go for overseas players.

I think it's much more likely people just won't believe the hype from certain posters next time.

But they can add a niche to the team. A player that can be brought in for ?100,000 can be sold for ?3m after many good seasons at the club is a great bit of business.

I agree it would be great to bring in a player like that but I don't see why he needs to be from overseas.

How many young overseas players have we bought in for 100k and sold for ?3m?

And how many young scottish players have we brought through the ranks and sold for ?9m?

loveofthegame

Its a good road to go down for sure. Of course sometimes it'll work and sometimes it won't, thats the way of it with young footballers. But i rather we chanced it with 5-10 youngsters and got 1 star than didn't try it at all.

As for Copil, Hearts are bang on to request a fee after all we've done for him/given him/spent on him. I hope we also add in a future sell on fee clause, ''just in case!''

Archived