John Fleck

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Anyone else think we should put a cheeky bid in for him. I know it would fail but it would be funny, Hearts should say, "well I hear Rangers are needing the money.":D

The guy is wasted at Rangers, and its interesting to see on FollowFollow.com that alot of Rangers fans see this as well. Almost be worth if he was not playing this season to go on loan to a side like Falkirk.

Though its great to think of a future Scotland squad that has him and Glen in the team and a few other exciting young players like Kevin MacDonald (think he will be a decent premiership player in a year or two) Scott Arfield, Stephen Husband and others.

Why is he wasted at rangers?

The boy is 16/7, he shouldnt be starting every weekend even if the fandangs on followfollow think he should be.

Tynecastle Valhalla

apparently (similar to boyd, naismith etc) he is rangers daft and therefore i cant see him playing for another spl team when he is prob getting paid decent money already and is still young. rangers are going to sell more strikers which will give him more of a chance.

they seem to waste good young talent.

would be a great signing though - they see him as the new ally mccoist. glad to see that signing scottish players is now once again a realistic possibility. there is def a lot of young talent in scotland and we should capitalise on that.

People clearly forgetting the next starlets to emerge from the conveyer belt of talent at ER. Step forwards Jay Shields, Lewis Stevenson and Jamie Mclusky.

Scottish football has never had such a promising future.

Randle P McMurphy
Why is he wasted at rangers?

The boy is 16/7, he shouldnt be starting every weekend even if the fandangs on followfollow think he should be.

He was rated almost as highly as Wayne Rooney (admitedly maybe Rangers over-hype) at an early age. The expectation on him was that he would break through at an early stage as again he was supposed to be similar to Rooney physically. However the likelihood of Rangers risking a young boy, in the way that Hearts have done (Gordon, Naysmith, Glen of the top of my head), in a run of first team games is remote. If they do rate him highly he should be sent on loan as he will never be given a chance there until he is in his 20s. No chance of them allowing him to go to Hearts though.

He is perhaps the most anticipated young Scot in a while and rightly so.

Thing is about Rangers, he won't get a chance while walter smith is there.

In any other league at 17 he would be making some appearances.

Its a shame as he would be a cracker for the national side and will most likely rot in the reserves over there.

jamboinglasgow
Fleck and Craig Thomson would rip up the SPL together.

I would agree with that, a hearts team that had Fleck, Craig, Scott Robinson, Glen, Driver, Husband, R. Wallace/Templeton, Delands/L. Wallace, Berra/R McGowen/Rapnik/D McGowen, Eggy, Ridgers and some others. Yes some may not make it but all these players reached their potential and played at the same time, this group of players would rip the opposition to pieces.

He is perhaps the most anticipated young Scot in a while and rightly so.

Thing is about Rangers, he won't get a chance while walter smith is there.

In any other league at 17 he would be making some appearances.

Its a shame as he would be a cracker for the national side and will most likely rot in the reserves over there.

Walter smith seems to think a young player should play from the age of 21 hence the numerous loans of his players. But Fleck looks a good player, tonight he showed better touches then most of the rangers team. Think he will be a future star for Scotland but I think there are even better players at Hearts that the media never pick up on.

I would agree with that, a hearts team that had Fleck, Craig, Scott Robinson, Glen, Driver, Husband, R. Wallace/Templeton, Delands/L. Wallace, Berra/R McGowen/Rapnik/D McGowen, Eggy, Ridgers and some others. Yes some may not make it but all these players reached their potential and played at the same time, this group of players would rip the opposition to pieces.

Walter smith seems to think a young player should play from the age of 21 hence the numerous loans of his players. But Fleck looks a good player, tonight he showed better touches then most of the rangers team. Think he will be a future star for Scotland but I think there are even better players at Hearts that the media never pick up on.

That would be a great Hearts team.

We have some great kids I coming through across the country. 5 years time we could have a quality national side.

Although Fleck will probably be one lost to mis-management.

Cant wait to see more of Craig Thomson, Scott Robinson, Deland, Danny Thomson when he comes back, Husband, McGowan, Rapnik and of course Glen!

Add that to Berra, Eggert, Wallace and co and wow, what a side we could have if we keep it together!

Is Fleck that good? Or is it paper talk.

For reference see Fulton, Donnelly, McLaughlin etc.

Every little scrote that seems OK at OF level is the next wonderkid. Fleck hasn't even made it as far as the previously mentioned players. And Fulton was the only one of those to have a worthwhile career.

And I haven't even touched on players like Neil Murray etc.

rudi must stay
Anyone else think we should put a cheeky bid in for him. I know it would fail but it would be funny, Hearts should say, "well I hear Rangers are needing the money.":D

The guy is wasted at Rangers, and its interesting to see on FollowFollow.com that alot of Rangers fans see this as well. Almost be worth if he was not playing this season to go on loan to a side like Falkirk.

Though its great to think of a future Scotland squad that has him and Glen in the team and a few other exciting young players like Kevin MacDonald (think he will be a decent premiership player in a year or two) Scott Arfield, Stephen Husband and others.

i think we'd be made to pay over the odds. If they are to sell the big names they'll need their young players

He was rated almost as highly as Wayne Rooney (admitedly maybe Rangers over-hype) at an early age. The expectation on him was that he would break through at an early stage as again he was supposed to be similar to Rooney physically. However the likelihood of Rangers risking a young boy, in the way that Hearts have done (Gordon, Naysmith, Glen of the top of my head), in a run of first team games is remote. If they do rate him highly he should be sent on loan as he will never be given a chance there until he is in his 20s. No chance of them allowing him to go to Hearts though.

What, like a Sontaran?

sontaran.jpg

Is Fleck that good? Or is it paper talk.

For reference see Fulton, Donnelly, McLaughlin etc.

Every little scrote that seems OK at OF level is the next wonderkid. Fleck hasn't even made it as far as the previously mentioned players. And Fulton was the only one of those to have a worthwhile career.

And I haven't even touched on players like Neil Murray etc.

Fleck is a bit special mate. SAF wanted him at Man Utd and Chelsea offered plenty of 'security';). Rangers bought him a house to move him away from his area where he was raised to ensure no bother or bad publicity happened.

Understand what you are saying re- Fulton (termed Baggio by McNeill), Donnelly was the next Dalgliesh and McLaughlin was the next Jimmy Johnstone.

Charlie Miller is another name to add to the list of next big OF thing that never lived up to the hype.

With regards to Fleck, I've heard some Rangers fans saying that he isn't progressing at the rate expected of him and he's still the same player he was 18 months ago. Certainly Rooney, Giggs, Joe Cole etc who by the sounds of it were all as highly rated as him were not only getting first team games but making an impact at age 17. Obviously not all players develop at the same rate but when I saw him in the Rangers team that massacred Celtic in the 2007 youth cup final he didn't look any better than anyone else on the pitch.

Have seen Fleck play at under 19 level twice. Looked one of the more accomplished players on the park but nowhere near the hype he has been given.

I see the Rooney comparisons but he possesses nowhere near the ability Rooney had at that age.

Charlie Miller is another name to add to the list of next big OF thing that never lived up to the hype.

With regards to Fleck, I've heard some Rangers fans saying that he isn't progressing at the rate expected of him and he's still the same player he was 18 months ago. Certainly Rooney, Giggs, Joe Cole etc who by the sounds of it were all as highly rated as him were not only getting first team games but making an impact at age 17. Obviously not all players develop at the same rate but when I saw him in the Rangers team that massacred Celtic in the 2007 youth cup final he didn't look any better than anyone else on the pitch.

Prob more to do with their training, would be getting alot better mentorship at man united.

Archived