Elvis is a Bairn.

markletissier

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Balloons, streamers and a huge 'Welcome Home Elvis' banner are clearly in order for such a momentous occasion. :)

Maybe Scott Wilson could play 'Bitter they are, harder they fall' as a special tribute to the GVF before the game starts? I would suggest playing it after the game but that wouldn't work when they tend to bugger off at some point during the second half to make sure they get their favourite seats in the pub....

He's not really much to worry about in a football sense these days, but what will be fun is watching some people on here getting all excited about how much they're going to abuse him...then finding on the day that like everything else in their bag of tricks...it falls flat on its arse.....

Miller Jambo 60
Good luck Steven some people will be pleased to see u

I think i might bok.

give him a buzz,

Someone has to kickstart him hes finished.:108years::108years:

I P Knightley
Finished anyway old and wasted.:laugh::laugh:

Another line to save for your interview, Doug...

Seen him in the Gyle on Friday, something didn't look right about him (and it wasn't as my fiance pointed out the fact that he walks like a puff) he looked about a half stone to a stone lighter than he was with Hearts, I can see him struggling badly against the likes of Nade, Lee Miller, Kris Boyd etc if I'm being honest

Oh well, bring on the cup

AIDS?

was it no them he scored a goal for (own goal) a few seasons ago when we were good?

No brainer that one, you could have reminded us it was Elvis who dragged us back from 2-0 down when Burley was here.

That kept the unbeaten run going!, you dip stick!

He is playing for the opposition in a cup tie we want to win and some of youz want to laud him like some returning hero-have a word.

Guest S.U.S.S.
A few misguided souls with their own poisonous agenda will not stop a legendary Hearts cup winning captain receiving a warm welcome on his next, and all future visits to Tynecastle. Just as he was warmly welcomed and appreciated on his last visit.

Your getting nearer to home Elvis, and the door is open for you.

If Falkirk score and he begins banging his chest again perhaps you can continue to clap him.

The door is firmly shut to him and will remain so while Vlad is in charge, thank god.

Thankfully those of us who deem the banging of the chest incident as uncalled for see him for what he is.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Balloons, streamers and a huge 'Welcome Home Elvis' banner are clearly in order for such a momentous occasion. :)

Maybe Scott Wilson could play 'Bitter they are, harder they fall' as a special tribute to the GVF before the game starts? I would suggest playing it after the game but that wouldn't work when they tend to bugger off at some point during the second half to make sure they get their favourite seats in the pub....

He's not really much to worry about in a football sense these days, but what will be fun is watching some people on here getting all excited about how much they're going to abuse him...then finding on the day that like everything else in their bag of tricks...it falls flat on its arse.....

I can assure you that there will be no failure to deliver abuse to an opposition player from me.

He has had long enough to properly explain his chest banging, but has kept quiet. I for one will make sure he knows exactly how i feel about his return.

'Warmly welcomed' Aye right. :rolleyes:

I seem to remember him getting booed in that game by the majority of fans every time he touched the ball. Long before the rhat participated in any chest thumping.

Still no apology? Still no explaination? Nope didn't think so.

I hope he plays and is given dogs abuse. We would be no better than the hobnobs who welcomed back Murray and Riordan after being shafted by them if we failed to do so.

I shall be applauding the return of two Hearts heros, Terry and Elvis.

Welcome home boys. :)

We will pump Falkirk though.

there will be no applause for a player playing for a opponent team from me ,i mean jesus i am a card carrying game attending Heart of Midlothian supporter and it baffles me why anyone would applaud him :).

as for extra special abuse again not from me he was a hearts cup winning captain which cancels out his poor judgement re the celtic visit just.

personally i don't get upset re players because i don't hero worship them i just want them to play there best for hearts when there here, getting all psychotically ****ed off when they leave or fail (both inevitable at hearts )is IMHO a waste of time we are the hearts not them (with a couple of notable exceptions )

they are paid professionals with very little in common with us the real supporters of the club after they have gone i give them little attention

Guest S.U.S.S.
I wonder if he will beat his chest at the Scottish cup game

Depends if he decides to try and ingratiate himself with his new adoring fans.

Still im sure the deluded will welcome home their hero who publicly told us nothing we didnt know already in his famous speech.

Maybe we should install a rock by the side of the pitch so he can slither back under it at full time.

PresidentRomanov
Depends if he decides to try and ingratiate himself with his new adoring fans.

Still im sure the deluded will welcome home their hero who publicly told us nothing we didnt know already in his famous speech.

Maybe we should install a rock by the side of the pitch so he can slither back under it at full time.

The first thing he should do, is apologise to Robbie Neilson, for knocking about 8000 off the gate at his testimonial :mad:

Thankfully those of us who deem the banging of the chest incident as uncalled for see him for what he is.

Plenty of us thought it was uncalled for thankfully we're not so small minded that we let it rule our every waking moment.

The first thing he should do, is apologise to Robbie Neilson, for knocking about 8000 off the gate at his testimonial :mad:

:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

I am going to try something very different. I thnk I might go and watch the football.

Fans are fickle. Players nowadays don't have loyatly.

If Falkirk score and he begins banging his chest again perhaps you can continue to clap him.

The door is firmly shut to him and will remain so while Vlad is in charge, thank god.

I think in the grand scheme of things "the lifting of the cup incident" had more long term impact on me than the "banging of the chest incident" which was indeed uncalled for and would be again if he repeated it.

Miller Jambo 60
I think in the grand scheme of things "the lifting of the cup incident" had more long term impact on me than the "banging of the chest incident" which was indeed uncalled for and would be again if he repeated it.

And for the record his wife has a home help WTF.

What does she do all day.

THUMPS HER CHEST :laugh::laugh:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Plenty of us thought it was uncalled for thankfully we're not so small minded that we let it rule our every waking moment.

How is it ruling my every waking moment? This is a thread about Elvis.

Not too hard to understand someone commenting on Elvis and his actions on a thread about him is it?

Guest S.U.S.S.

I agree, he played his part in that team and for that i will always be grateful. Sadly he seems to lack the affection for us we developed for him during his time with us.

Good to see you've still got your sense of humour. :mw_rolleyes:

I agree, he played his part in that team and for that i will always be grateful. Sadly he seems to lack the affection for us we developed for him during his time with us.

I dont think you can ever fully trust what a player says publicly about clubs he has played for. I'd imagine he publicly declared his love for Rangers when he was there. I'd imagine that not once did he declare love for Celtic. I know he has declared his love for Hearts many times and lets face it, his time at Hearts was the best time of his career and the time when he was most appreciated by fans of any club he was ever at, so you can imagine that he held or holds us high in his affection.

The chest thumping thing angered a a lot of Hearts much more than the fact that he had signed for Celtic IMO. I dont know if he has tried to explain it. I do know that he hasnt apologised to thse fans who previously held him in high esteem (many of whom still do but still derserve an apology)

He would certainly have to and certainly should IMO, apologise for his unfortunate and misguided behaviour that day before he'd be accepted or forgiven by a substantial number of fans back into Hearts (If he'd ever want to come back that is)

There is no doubt whatsover that he was a great captain, leader and player for us. I'm not sure about the word "legend" to describe him. That word should be saved for the small select band, likes of Conn, Bauld, Wardaugh, Mackay and Robertson (yes I know there are a few others)

I'd only ever want him back in a working capacity if he was provenly able to give us something in a coaching capacity. I dont want him back purely for old times sake or for sentiment or to get it right up the "Ehlvis" mob. We dont need a "leader" on the coaching staff, we've got a damn good one already. He'd need to have a bit more than that to offer.

Time will tell if he's ever in that position and ever wants to (he wont under Romanov thats for sure) but he WILL need to apologise and SHOULD have done so long before now.

He'll possibly get a polite round of appreciative applause from me (and no doubt a LOT of others) before the game starts against Falkirk. Just like Jim Hamilton got a few weeks ago. BUT When the teams come out and the game starts, let there be no doubt. HE IS THE OPPOSITION TRYING TO STOP HEARTS WINNING THE CUP and should be viewed as such by every Hearts fan present.

I know there may be numerous people who disagree with me, but I for one will applaud Stephen Pressley when he returns to Tynecastle. The man was nothing short of a total professional for our club, and gave years of superb service. He was an absolute rock at the back for us for many a year, and although the incident at Celtic has soured things, I still hope he gets the reception he deserves.

Good luck, Elvis. :)

I know there may be numerous people who disagree with me, but I for one will applaud Stephen Pressley when he returns to Tynecastle. The man was nothing short of a total professional for our club, and gave years of superb service. He was an absolute rock at the back for us for many a year, and although the incident at Celtic has soured things, I still hope he gets the reception he deserves.

Good luck, Elvis. :)

HEAR HEAR!

Taken from interview with Yogi Hughes in the Daily ranger...

'His character was typified when he came to Falkirk a few years ago with a Hearts team that were unbeaten under George Burley.

"We went 2-0 up, they were down to 10 men and he still popped up with five minutes to go to score twice and secure his team a draw.

"I was cursing him at that time while admiring his leadership qualities."'

Says it all really... Elvis was a star!

Archived