Elvis is a Bairn.

markletissier

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with that... as long as he's playing in the cup game...

Far far too slow, hughes is probably quicker than him.

Just think:

McNamara, Pressley and Bullen at the back for Falkirk

Must be an average age of about 36!

Commander Harris

He's obviously seen the draw and decided to sign for falkirk to try and get it up us again. :rolleyes:

if we'd drawn Inverurie Locos he'd be signing for them. :P

Nothing against the guy (anymore) but I'm not sure if he'll do as well as Yogi expects. His pace had all but deserted him a year before he left us and I'm not sure if he'll get by purely with a footballing brain in the SPL.

This is a very shrewd move by Yogi.

He may sound stupid and cliched when he speaks but there's no doubt that he's a decent manager.

Buffalo Bill

Chad Sexington

He'll be great in the dressing room for them.

I have my doubts he'll be as great on the park.

He looked like he was towing a caravan in his later days at Celtic.

loveofthegame
Nothing against the guy (anymore) but I'm not sure if he'll do as well as Yogi expects. His pace had all but deserted him a year before he left us and I'm not sure if he'll get by purely with a footballing brain in the SPL.

I would doubt he's been signed purely for his (current) footballing ability, it'll be what he offers vocally on the park and for his influence off the park that he's been signed i'm sure.

But if Dinosaur Davie Weir can still play for Rangers i see no reason why Elvis can't play for Falkirk.

vlad on the tyne
This will mean Bullen is dropped.

Id imagine our defence will be

McNamara

Barr

Pressley

Scobbie

no doubt elvis getting the wage latapy would have got.

good signing for them

I would doubt he's been signed purely for his (current) footballing ability, it'll be what he offers vocally on the park and for his influence off the park that he's been signed i'm sure.

But if Dinosaur Davie Weir can still play for Rangers i see no reason why Elvis can't play for Falkirk.

Agree with that. He'll probably end up coaching there in a year or so and will be a great guy to have around at the club, which I'm sure Yogi had in mind when he signed him.

This will mean Bullen is dropped.

Id imagine our defence will be

McNamara

Barr

Pressley

Scobbie

Ceske, would you mind not referring to Falkirk as 'we', or 'us' on Kickback.

With Pressley in 'our' defence, you'll give a few on here a heart attack!

Buffalo Bill

Oh god - here we go again....

That said if it paves the way for the onward sale of Barr...

can i just add Oh god - here we go again

just when kickback was really fun again this will have everyone going AGAIN

He'll be great in the dressing room for them.

I have my doubts he'll be as great on the park.

He looked like he was towing a caravan in his later days at Celtic.

obviously he was responsible for transporting ratboy's house around.

what if it's to cover for barr as he's away to hearts? anyhow i never bought into this "hate pressley" thing, good luck to him

Ceske, would you mind not referring to Falkirk as 'we', or 'us' on Kickback.

With Pressley in 'our' defence, you'll give a few on here a heart attack!

Buffalo Bill

Ha ha, good point.

Where's the Ghyle rubbish bin battalion??

All of us EH12 volunteer force are primed and ready for assault on the Marks and Spencers cafe at The Gyle; the one that sells those nice cream buns.

Buffalo Bill

Tynecastle Valhalla

good luck to him.

can't see him getting a regular game but his influence off the pitch is going to be of great benefit to falkirk.

Hope he doesn't get the opportunity to bang his chest!

Will be nice to applaud his effort for Hearts, then hopefully his team will get a thrashing.

Nice to see Hughes sticking with his policy of playing 'young Scottish boys'

Arf.....:mw_rolleyes:

Good signing for them anyway could have predicted this move as soon as Elvis came out and said he would consider a 'lower' SPL side.

what if it's to cover for barr as he's away to hearts? anyhow i never bought into this "hate pressley" thing, good luck to him

I must admit I don't hate pressley either, but I still want revenge for his chest thumping antics, so the cup game can be our first chance.:108years:

loveofthegame
was it no them he scored a goal for (own goal) a few seasons ago when we were good?

Yep, he scored a ''hat-trick'' that day!

2-0 down to 2-2 in the dying minutes, what a bounce and i'm sure it kept our unbeaten run going.

elvis was a bit of a con artist at hearts, he had a few swan dives to be perfectly honest.

how does that fit in with hughes ethos of good, honest scottish lads?

re the signing... couldn't give a monkeys to be honest, he's nothing to do with us and hasn't been for some time, he's a player from ancient history as far as i'm concerned.

Did a fine job for us. Nice bloke. Chest beating was a mistake but believe it was aimed at certain individuals in power rather than the fans. Don't really care what he does now TBH but age is against him. Sure he will help bring laddies on at Falkirk. Good luck to him but hope it's sore for him in the cup game.

Did a fine job for us. Nice bloke. Chest beating was a mistake but believe it was aimed at certain individuals in power rather than the fans. Don't really care what he does now TBH but age is against him. Sure he will help bring laddies on at Falkirk. Good luck to him but hope it's sore for him in the cup game.

Good post.

I have no problems with Elvis and I think it's a shrewd move by Yogi to sign Pressley and an excellent oppertunity for Elvis to get a few games more under his belt.

He'll be good for Falkirk on and off the pitch.

elvis was a bit of a con artist at hearts, he had a few swan dives to be perfectly honest.

how does that fit in with hughes ethos of good, honest scottish lads?

re the signing... couldn't give a monkeys to be honest, he's nothing to do with us and hasn't been for some time, he's a player from ancient history as far as i'm concerned.

As are guys like John Cumming, but we can still talk about them.

As are guys like John Cumming, but we can still talk about them.

nobody is trying to deny you your right to talk about him.

basically i'm just saying that i'm not bothered in the slightest about SP going to falkirk, it's going to have barely a minimal effect on us.

Didn't see that one coming!

this one came from the left wing a big surprise, i cant see him being fit.:108years:

Guest Dipped Flake

Think it's a great signing for Falkirk, but think Yogi better start looking over his shoulder as I am certain Elvis will be a manager in the SPL within 5 years.

this one came from the left wing a big surprise, i cant see him being fit.:108years:

No centre half:laugh:

Colonel Kurtz
Think it's a great signing for Falkirk, but think Yogi better start looking over his shoulder as I am certain Elvis will be a manager in the SPL within 5 years.

At Falkirk next year

Good to see Elvis back in the SPL good luck to him, and it adds a bit of spice to the cup-tie.

Grumpy.

An added incentive to buy a ticket for the cup game then. It will be joyous to thrash them with Pressley in the side, hopefully giving away a penalty and getting himself sent off in the process.

I look forward to hurling abuse at the reptile in a few weeks :)

I'll be joining you. I can't stand that apology for a mhan. :mad:

Archived