Celebrating a goal before it's been scored!

heartgarfunkel

heartgarfunkel

Witness unadulterated Jambo Joy......as young Glen advances on the goal. There is wild leaping about throughout the HMFC throng - before the ball is even despatched into the net. There's something very sweet and GIRFUY to be celebrating a goal like a loony at the home ground of our derby rivals - before it's even been scored!:108years:

I'll enjoy watching this many, many times - it's Fozzy on the Fence-esque. Nothing like pistol-whipping the weeteam senseless at their bit and wallowing in the exultation.:108years:

Aye, have to admit though there was a split second where you could see he could't make his mind up what foot to score with and iin my mind I was screaming 'KICK THE FECKING THING'

The Old Tolbooth

It would have been superb had he got down on his hands and knees and headed the ball over the line for a pure pish take :D

heartgarfunkel
It would have been superb had he got down on his hands and knees and headed the ball over the line for a pure pish take :D

Shaba should dock his wages for failing to do so!;)/:cheese:

Pretty sure my leg was already in the row in front before the ball hit the ball of the net. I went mental, repeatedly shouting 'We've done it, WE'VE ****ING DONE IT'.

Agree.

The split-second pause when the player decides how he's gonna put it away just adds to the excitement.

Absolutely super wee dink to take it past the keeper.

Have watched it a million times.*

* On the side angle from the hibs east stand, check out the reaction of a few hobos in the main stand opposite just as Glen takes it round the keeper. - :Agree:

Best moment since that fantastic 2006 season by a long shot!

The celebration from Glen made it so much sweeter as well cause you could really see he understood what it meant to us!

Voice is still not fully recovered but i couldn't care less.

He'd get a booking for that I imagine - ungentlemanly conduct. :mw_rolleyes:

I wanted him to do what Neale Cooper did against Rangers for Aberdeen in the Cup Final c.1982 or 83. Take the ball right up to the line, then hammer it.

What shoudn't be forgotten was that it was a fantastic goal. Great work by Chesney, classy possesion play by Glen, a wonderfully weighted pass by Karipidis before and the run, touch and finish by Glen.

But what I can't believe, watching it back today is the performance of Mixu. What a feckin trumpet.

Buffalo Bill

Johanes de Silentio

I've done this twice at Tynecastle:

1-In a European game against some Latvian/Lithuanian mob, either big Hammy or Stevie Baggio burst in on the left side of the box at the school end, and cracked one in off the far post. I was right in line with the left foot screamer and shouted "get in" well before it smacked in.

I just knew.

2-A televised league game against Motherwell; Paul McMullan skinned the full-back and crossed perfectly for one Andrew Kirk to leap, salmon like, and head the ball bast the keeper into the bulging net from around the penalty spot. I was in the Wheatfield, right in line with both players, and jumped into the air to celebrate even before Kirk met it - I was landing just as the fans around me were taking off.

Again - I just knew.

The only two occasions in my life when I've ever been 'cool'.

I'm not telling you about the times I got it wrong, mind!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Imagine what it must have felt like to be Gary Glen at that moment where he just touched it past the keeper and defender and all he could see/hear is the Hearts support going absolutely mental.

Something like this probably

hugh_hefner2.jpg

I remember (vaguely :D) a game against the Huns when Andy Watson lined up to take a shot from outside the box into the school end.

For reasons unknown to me to this very day, I found myself standing on top of one of the terracing barriers as he let fly. I managed to balance just long enough to see the ball hit the net whereupon I jumped down and celebrated in the usual fashion with my mates.

nanananananana-angus

Stamps goal at fester rd.I was sat in the lower tier to the left of the goal.As soon as it left his boot it had goal written all over it.One of my favourite derby moments.Gutted I wasn't there yesterday. :108years:

jambos are go!

Super Waynes shot had him celebrating and me off my seat as soon as it went through Leightons Leg in the greatest single derby moment I've seen. Also when JC perfectly lobbed it in at Easter Road. I Was in the wing stand and you could see it was a sure goal.

Captain of Hungary

I would have stopped it on the line, chipped it up in the air and ersed it in.

Used to do that a lot at school

He probably had time to do it too, the nearest defender was on his arse pondering what to do to keep himself busy between now and July

The Marooney Meister

After seeing GG on Soccer AM I think he might have fancied something even fancier than that.

markletissier

twice this season i've had the joy of celebrating a goal before it's crossed the line.

mr driver and mr glen

i thank you both.

I remember Neil Berry scoring a stoatir against the mhanks at the Gorgie rd end. " Up like a brown trout " and 1 zero to the famous

Perfect angle I had, and knew as soon as it left his blonde perm it was in.:laugh:

What shoudn't be forgotten was that it was a fantastic goal. Great work by Chesney, classy possesion play by Glen, a wonderfully weighted pass by Karipidis before and the run, touch and finish by Glen.

But what I can't believe, watching it back today is the performance of Mixu. What a feckin trumpet.

Buffalo Bill

Don't forget an absolutely brilliant run wide by Nade to draw Hogg out, leaving GG in the clear.

the jambo poet

The funniest thing about the goal is the camera's leave Glen on his knees....quickly glimpse Shaba giving it the gettttinnntheeerrreee.......in his own special punching down at the air thingy he does.....then quickly goes to the Hobo bench where Mixu's sat there puss tripping him....looking at the Hobo end....point blank refusing to look at the "Gleeful Jambo army bouncing around in unadulteredated scenes of joy" !!!

He is a plank....and this shows u the scorn he has for his Big neighbours !!!

Witness unadulterated Jambo Joy......as young Glen advances on the goal. There is wild leaping about throughout the HMFC throng - before the ball is even despatched into the net. There's something very sweet and GIRFUY to be celebrating a goal like a loony at the home ground of our derby rivals - before it's even been scored!:108years:

I'll enjoy watching this many, many times - it's Fozzy on the Fence-esque. Nothing like pistol-whipping the weeteam senseless at their bit and wallowing in the exultation.:108years:

Agreed the way the goal was scored and the few extra seconds of pain for them to endure and to realize that this was the final nail being driven very slowly was sheer joy for the jambos and utter and complete misery for the hobos that bothered to stay to the oh so bitter end.

To compound there pain is the fact that they got horsed out of the big cup at the first attempt in there own back yard, by there biggest rivals.

A bitter bitter pill for all hobos to swallow, slowly administered by Gary Glen.:108years::D

Miller Jambo 60

I was on top of my 42 incher:laugh::108years:

Then i woke up

when the ball went through there was that moment of silence... then as the ball was put past the keeper I went mental, never seen the ball go in, when i looked up Glen was on his knees (robboesqe?). Watched it loads last night on the sky+, our end starts celebrating a few seconds before he scored, you just see a rush onto the stairs by the famous :D

twice this season i've had the joy of celebrating a goal before it's crossed the line.

mr driver and mr glen

i thank you both.

Same! :)

As soon as I saw Glen get past the last man and keeper, like every other Hearts fan, I knew it was a goal. I started going completely mental before he'd even hit the ball and like the rest of the away support went totally beserk once it went in. I didn't even notice his celebration untill I saw the highlights later on that night!

Seriously, I love games like that and especially when the away support gets right behind the team and there is total chaos like that when we score. Honestly, I thought that the South Stand was going to collapse with the noise and movement we were making!

What makes it even better is the sight of the rest of Fester Road emptying whilst we are going crazy with the team!

Canni beat it and probably one of my favourite derbies of all time!

MON THE JT'S!! :D

Reminded me of Robbo @ Tannadice 1986.

:tongue:

i'm sure others have said so already but that's exactly what i thought about it. it was spookily similar, considering glen has already been compared to robbo quite a lot.

rounds the keeper... steadies himself... rolls it in... goes down on his knees in front of the famous.

:) and double :) :)

One of the best for me was big Janny's goal in that Semi when Zibi came outside his area missed the ball and Janny rolled it in from 20 yards. Longest celebration before the ball hits the net ever...

Another was De Vries in Braga, the ball took an age to roll inside the post but we knew it was going in and we were heading for the group stages.

I wanted him to do what Neale Cooper did against Rangers for Aberdeen in the Cup Final c.1982 or 83. Take the ball right up to the line, then hammer it.

The best **** take without a doubt when you have that situation is you take theball to the line, stop it on the line, then bend down and head it in. Image what the Lochend unwashed would have done!!!!!!

That would have been absolutely brilliant!!!!!!:108years:

Hagar the Horrible

Eamonn Bannons goal at Arbroath to win promotion, It took that long to cross the line, it was celebrated twice.

wheatfield to sheffield

The moment when big Janny got to the ball before Zibi knew what was happening in THE semi final was the greatest "celebrate before he has even hit the shot" moment for me! That was when we knew we had it well and truly won! :108years:

The moment when big Janny got to the ball before Zibi knew what was happening in THE semi final was the greatest "celebrate before he has even hit the shot" moment for me! That was when we knew we had it well and truly won! :108years:

He did seem to take an age to put it in the net though or maybe i was just panicking in case he missed! Was up on the seat in anticipation.

maroonlegions

If my neighbours thought i was some kind of lunatic after all the jumping and shouting then feck knows what they must have thought when i was totally away with it celebrating Glens goal.The relief that we had finally won had me going bonkers, i see know my wife's wisdom in talking the bairns out for the afternoon now. :108::108years::walk_man::walk_man::walk_man::flag2::flag1::flagwave:

Does anyone else, when playing Pro Evo or Fifa, run the ball into the empty net after rounding the keeper??

Now THAT would have been the ultimate p!ss take!!!

loveofthegame

What an incredible moment it was- by the time the ball hit the back of the net i was already in the row in front bouncing about with my mate.

Nelly Terraces

Had to ask if tha ball had actually gone in after the game as we just went f'ing loco son as he'd rounded the keeper, I didn't see the ball hitting the net. Best/most mental celebrations in a long while. Just beautiful and what you go to games for.

Cheers!

maroonlegions

Could you imagine the scenes if Glen had done what Baxter did at Wembley, sit on the ball ,then Glen gets up and back heals it into the net.:108years:

In the whole of the 2nd half up until that goal I was really frustrated as I was thinking "Come on Hearts kill these fuds off as they could get lucky and equalise forcing a replay". But then as Glen ran through I was up out my seat, he rounded Szamatoulski, I froze as folk around me started celebrating. I just had to wait until the ball was in the back of the net.

Then bedlam. One of the guy's that gives me a lift to the game had already grabbed. If he hadn't I have no idea where I would have ended up.

Also a big respect for Rocky Visconte, Dylan and Ryan McGowan, Jonathan Brown (I think) and Stephen Husband who all sat behind me. Singing at the top of their voice and going absolutely mental when we scored. Especially Visconte and Ryan who knew all the words and belted out the song "When the Hearts went up to the lift the Scottish Cup we were there".

willie wallace

How good was it to watch an 18yr old in only his 5th or 6th start show a 4million pound Real Madrid bound superstar the way to round a keeper and win a cup tie.

Era Macaroons

Buffalo Bill

and a great run by Nade taking 3 Hobo defenders away with him creating the hole.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jajGgPefFLc

poor quality but who cares

the guy that was commentating said its the first time in 22 years that hearts have beaten hibs at home by more than one goal....i can think of a few times in the last 15 years that we have scored 4 goals and 3 goals so is it just me or is he talking crap

Archived