Well Done Obua! (merged threads)

Cliffundo

Thought he was worst player we had today.

Way to long on the ball,scared the heck out of me a few times.

I can see he has quailty but like so many players over last few years he needs it squeezed out of him.:108:

Csaba's the man to squeeze that quality out of him then. After todays performance, I think Obua just needs time to fully adapt to our game now, it must be miles apart in terms of different styles to his previous club Kaizer Chiefs.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had a shocker in the first half when he attempted a long pass to Driver down the left but just launched the ball right out the park.

However, his piece of play to create the space was quality. He gathered the ball, sucked in 2 Hibs players before turning and creating the space to make the pass. Only thing that let him down there was the final pass.

IMO, he came onto a game as soon as Fletcher was sent off. His style of play is suited to a game where there is less pressure on the ball. I would still drop him next week though.

As an aside, did anybody see him at the end? He seemed to be in awe of the reaction from the stands.

Yeah. He seemed like he wanted stay and watch us all day. I think the recption he got when he was subbed may give him a big boost.

His performance, compared to the ones he has put in since arriving, was solid. Nothing spectacular but at least he wasn't awful. I am sure there is still a bit to come from him. Obviously Csaba is a big fan so I am willing to give him a bit of time.

Although I still would prefer Aguiar or Glen 'alongside' Nade.

As an aside, did anybody see him at the end? He seemed to be in awe of the reaction from the stands.

Seen that myself, hope that will be an eye opener to him about what we expect from the team and the support we get when they deliver

North Berwick Jambo

As the game wore on i felt that he showed that he can actually play a bit, he always seemed to find the space needed to take the pass, didnt rush or panic & took the time to find the next man quite well allowing the attacks to flow from one side to the other.

Malcolm Tucker

I looked back 3 pages, couldn't see a thread. Genuine apologies if there already is one.

David grew into a game today, and showed a lot of promise. Delighted with his 2nd half performance. Keep it up.

I am pished, and happy. :D:laugh:

The Old Tolbooth

Personally I thought he was pish as usual, as soon as Hibs went down to 10 men he should have been off and Glen brought on.

Malcolm Tucker
Personally I thought he was pish as usual, as soon as Hibs went down to 10 men he should have been off and Glen brought on.

So his passing, vision, calming influence and 1st touch in the second half was pish??

I don't care what you say John, because we ****ed the Hibs.

:)

Tbh I thought he was gash up until the goal - them being a man down should give us more space and make it easier for him to play. I'd reluctantly keep him on for now.

wasnt overly impressed wae him today,..still seems very easy worked off the ball and a bit nervous but maybe stringn a couple of descent performances together may help him.

Some of his attempts at first touch control were abysmal, but definitely played better overall than any other game I've seen him in. Maybe seeing both sides of the Hearts support (from booing to rapturous applause) will convince him to knuckle down and become mainstay in the first XI?

penicuik jambo

Im seriously worried if anyone thought dave played good, hes bloody murder, we carried this clown and thankfully the rats went down to ten men to even it up. Im astonished that anyone says well done to him , minging pish:108years::108years::108years::108years::108years:

]So his passing' date=' vision, calming influence and 1st touch in the second half was pish??

[/b']

His what?

He was rancid, as per.

IMO, he came onto a game as soon as Fletcher was sent off. His style of play is suited to a game where there is less pressure on the ball. I would still drop him next week though.

Yeah I noticed that. The rest of the team were away off down the tunnel and he was still standing there in the middle of the pitch just watching the fans...it was a nice moment. :)

He wasn't great at all before Fletcher went off but after that, he seemed to calm down and settle into the game. Some really nice passes, looked far more composed and kept the ball moving well.

A big improvement, well done David.

Malcolm Tucker
His what?

He was rancid, as per.

D-McG. Before anything, I love you. Like all Jambos.

However, Davie O came into a game today. It wasn't on a par to Karipidis, Wallace, Zaliukas or Cesnauskis, however he showed he can play football.

Credit where it's due. He was good in the 2nd half.

Yeah, shakey start, that pass to Driver was poor but to be fair i took a big bobble as he hit it. Thought when fletcher went off he came right into the game. Definately a player there and hopefully he can build on today. Also noticed him at the end, and now i hope he realises how much Hearts means to us!!

The Old Tolbooth
So his passing, vision, calming influence and 1st touch in the second half was pish??

I want a pint of what your on mate :laugh:

Although I totally agree we fckd the Hubs and I don't give much of a ** tonight either mate :D

Malcolm Tucker
I want a pint of what your on mate :laugh:

Although I totally agree we fckd the Hubs and I don't give much of a ** tonight either mate :D

Opinions are opinions mate, I've never been shy of saying I appreciate folks opinions. He was good in the 2nd half, and I think he will grow as a Hearts player from now on. You don't agree, and that's your view.

Mate, I'm so happy it's unreal :D

Glad it's not just me that was thinking that they should have swapped at fletchers red card. Obua had an OK game, but that's as far as it goes....his first touch was terrible, and I thought that he took too long on the ball. But he was not the worst on the pitch!

It's all about opinions and mine hasn't changed. He is a useless lump that couldn't find his own ass in a coal shed. Dump him now.

Pretty much spot on, he will never "adjust" the Scottish game, dispose of him now.

Watched the game on the telly and there was a big improvement in Obua he is not the finished article but you never can tell he might surprise us all some day.

Grumpy.

No offence, but I dont want to rely on the posibility that he MIGHT suprise us some day..........at the halfway mark of the season it is time to get rid, as he has proven nowt!!!!!

D-McG. Before anything, I love you. Like all Jambos.

However, Davie O came into a game today. It wasn't on a par to Karipidis, Wallace, Zaliukas or Cesnauskis, however he showed he can play football.

Credit where it's due. He was good in the 2nd half.

I thought he was slightly better without being particularly great.

Who cares in the end though, we ****ed them.

As your sig pic says. Take that you *****s!!!

Opinions are opinions mate, I've never been shy of saying I appreciate folks opinions. He was good in the 2nd half, and I think he will grow as a Hearts player from now on. You don't agree, and that's your view.

Mate, I'm so happy it's unreal :D

So happy he's almost gay.

:laugh:

Miller Jambo 60
His best game so far. Still a possible bomb scare but showed signs of ability and commitment. A big improvement over previous showings.

He is pants my wife said so

Just because we won doesn't mean our sh*/* players were any good..

Obua was abysmal for the vast majority of the game..

true he eventually began to get a couple of good touches and the odd pass but ffs people eyes need to be opened and why the feck wasn't he hooked before the 80 minutes that he was?

Glen should have been on for at least another 15 minutes than he was..

I hope the guy comes good and I'm proved wrong but for me he is just too slow and cumbersome for the SPL.. Wants too much time on the ball and gets found out every time.

Although to be fair he did look as though Hearts were more important to him today than getting at the fans..

I thought he played ok today which is a massive improvement for him. He might just continue to improve with time.

Csaba rates him and I rate Csaba's football brain so I'm prepared to give him a wee while longer.

Johanes de Silentio

Much, much better from Obua today - got better and better - reasonably composed at times.

Still a lot of work to do, mate - I'd start by losing the green boots if I were you!

Turned down a ticket eh!:rolleyes:

I thought he played ok today which is a massive improvement for him. He might just continue to improve with time.

Csaba rates him and I rate Csaba's football brain so I'm prepared to give him a wee while longer.

My wife was at the match (she's a copper and, unfortunately, a non jambo), and what she said about him was: "He looks so close to being really good, but he just seems a bit awkward."

Reckon he could be a decent player for us given time.

Still a lot of work to do, mate - I'd start by losing the green boots if I were you!

Didnt he have red boots on yesterday?

He was "better" - but still not good enough IMO and Glen played the position FAR FAR FAR better than he did.

Lets be honest - could you ever imagine Obua scoring the goal that Glen did? I cant.

Didnt he have red boots on yesterday?

He was "better" - but still not good enough IMO and Glen played the position FAR FAR FAR better than he did.

Lets be honest - could you ever imagine Obua scoring the goal that Glen did? I cant.

Gary Glen is a striker Obua is a left midfield/back utility man.

He needs time to adapt. you can see he has a touch of class and just needs to adapt to the kick and run nature of the scottish game.

you dont win South African player of the year award for being pish!

Gary Glen is a striker Obua is a left midfield/back utility man.

He needs time to adapt. you can see he has a touch of class and just needs to adapt to the kick and run nature of the scottish game.

you dont win South African player of the year award for being pish!

and that is why he didn't win South African player of the year ...:mw_rolleyes:

I thought he was marginally better yesterday but our worst player by a long way.

Good to see signs of improvement in Obua, and hopefully he can maintain progress.

Assisted on the first goal with a committed challenge, and also by getting in the box in the first place, which is something our "player in the hole" doesn't do enough of.

I agree there is a way to go for him, but I'd like to think he's turned a corner.

Glad to see the fans offering some appreciation, that should help too.

Rudi's Left Peg

A few nice touches doesn't get away from the fact that his first touch is terrible and he gave the ball away far to often. Would much prefer Glen in there or Aguiar (If we see him play again!)

He was just a bit better yesterday - especially after Hibs went down to 10 men. I'm still not convinced that he has the "bottle" for the Scottish game. His first touch is invariably bad and he always seems to dally on the ball for too long.

loveofthegame

Thought he was slightly better than his usual pish but still by far our worst player. Wanted Glen on for him at half time.

Guest Dipped Flake

I suppose I agree with most on this thread; he wasn't great but much, much better than he has been. I said before that I can see a footballer in there, just not sure if he will ever be suited to the SPL. Willing to stick with him though, but still think Glen should start on Saturday. I did like him staying behind at the end of the game and just staring at our fans singing our hearts out. Hopefully he has seen what the team means to us.

I thought Obua was poor in first 20mins, that can be down to lack of match fitness. However, he really upped his game after that and despite calls from some fans to take him off I was pleased to see him stay on.

I think it was in The Scotsman or Evening News on Saturday that Csaba was saying he is yet to get the best out of Obua. Hopefully this will come soon, if not then he could be a big player for us next season!!!

:108years:

I thought his play was still a bit ropey at the start, but his work rate was tremendous. He was all over the park, and I thought he actually helped us hugely when they were down to 10 men. He was the main player that took the ball and spread it around, which really stretched their defence. I have seen us struggle against 10 men so many times because we don't tire them out enough by resorting to long hopeful balls, but Obua showed his intelligence. There is definately a player in there

Rudi's Left Peg
I thought his play was still a bit ropey at the start, but his work rate was tremendous. He was all over the park, and I thought he actually helped us hugely when they were down to 10 men. He was the main player that took the ball and spread it around, which really stretched their defence. I have seen us struggle against 10 men so many times because we don't tire them out enough by resorting to long hopeful balls, but Obua showed his intelligence. There is definately a player in there

Not sure what Obua you were watching yesterday but he certainly wasn't our main player that took the ball and spread it around! His second touch most times was a tackle and apart from one good run and cross in the second half, I thought he was poor

I think what I'm mostly seeing here is people simply unwilling to backtrack on previous statements of 'fact' ( as in, Obua is pesh .....fact :D )

Csaba said right from the start that, once free of injury, Obua WOULD be in the team. Now I think most of us regard the new gaffer as having SOME idea about the game - no ?

Surely then it follows that Obua CANNOT be 'pesh ...fact end off' etc etc

Csaba must have taken him aside and told him "oh by the way........my rep is on the line here TOO .............so get the friggin digit extracted"

I think we saw that yesterday. Granted he had set a low standard that required to be surpassed but, considering that was an Edinburgh Derby with all that brings, I thought he responded well ..........6/10 :mw_rolleyes: :108years:

The first 1/2 hour he was absolutely dreadful but improved to barely acceptable after the sending off. There are any number of players should be in the team before him, particularly Glen.

Archived