Well Done Obua! (merged threads)

Cliffundo

He has looked a lot more commited and made the goal for us.

He has had a couple of decent passages of play and I hope he can take the confidence and get into it a bit more.

He has the abillity and just needs to get up to speed.... this is the type of game that could make him or break. I go for make him!!

:107years:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nucky Thompson

Agree. I wouldn't take him off, keep him on to boost up his confidence, we're only playing Hubz.

True, true...Obua's looked decent so far...been floating about, getting "In the hole" and constantly looking for a pass to piece something together. Much better performance from him, after a shaky start to the game aswell.

From someone who was there on Wednesday...he's doing much better.

New bestest player at the club!!!! FACT

:tongue:

Dr Ian Malcolm

Tbh I thought he was gash up until the goal - them being a man down should give us more space and make it easier for him to play. I'd reluctantly keep him on for now.

From someone who was there on Wednesday...he's doing much better.

Wasn't at the game on wed, but I have a season ticket and every game I have seen him this season I have been mystified why he got the work permit. I have seen a few glimses of skill and a good eye for a quick pass but most of the game he has been involed in has passed him by.

IMO he needs to adapt to having less time on the ball and more commitment in the challenge. He showed the commitment which lead to the goal and I am delighted for him.

hope he can kick on from here and let us all see this as a turning point for him.

Showing the required level of commitment thats for sure, especially at the goal. Still dont fancy him but cant really complain about his first half contribution

Uncle Bobby B

Much better performance from Obua, first touch seemed to let him down at times but that was his best performance in maroon

Hes been awesome last 10 mins. Looks very assured.

Never at any stage was he awesome. He showed commitment and done a couple of good things. Lost the ball way too often but this was better from him.

Awesome it wasnt.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Thought he was worst player we had today.

Way to long on the ball,scared the heck out of me a few times.

I can see he has quailty but like so many players over last few years he needs it squeezed out of him.:108:

Never at any stage was he awesome. He showed commitment and done a couple of good things. Lost the ball way too often but this was better from him.

Awesome it wasnt.

Well for most of the second half he played nice passes, showed some great wee touches, had good movement so give the boy some credit. I may have been slightly over the top but if he can settle in and keep on improving IMO obua and Aguair can control the midfielf for us. Obua linking with the strikers and Bruno doing the passing. If he can keep playing like today...

I can see he has quailty but like so many players over last few years he needs it squeezed out of him.:108:

I agree - he was pesh. But not as pesh as all the players in green and white. :):):)

Father Tiresias

I agree, I thought he was awful too.

What about that 'pass' to Driver in the first half. :o

Lambo the Jambo

The boy did well credit where it's due. Some of us were questionning csaba but he clearly knows what he is doing. In csaba we trust.

i thought he was a bomb scare up to 5 mins before the first goal.

after that he was ok. Good to see him ride a few tackles and wait for the pass to open. hopefully this gives him the confidence to push on

He was better but i'm still unconvinced.

He looks so one footed and cumbersome on the ball and his first touch is shocking.

I agree, I thought he was awful too.

What about that 'pass' to Driver in the first half. :o

yeah i loved csaba mouthing at the sidelines "David what are you doing"

Teuchterjambo

He was not quite as bad as he has been but he is still bad - he made very little positive contribution. He has one hell of a long way to go before he can aspire to mediocrity.

I fear for what effect continually playing him will have on the morale of other players.

Maybe,just maybe there is a player in there but playing in the first team is not the place to find out !

Watched the game on the telly and there was a big improvement in Obua he is not the finished article but you never can tell he might surprise us all some day.

Grumpy.

It's all about opinions and mine hasn't changed. He is a useless lump that couldn't find his own ass in a coal shed. Dump him now.

His best game so far. Still a possible bomb scare but showed signs of ability and commitment. A big improvement over previous showings.

Well for most of the second half he played nice passes, showed some great wee touches, had good movement so give the boy some credit. I may have been slightly over the top but if he can settle in and keep on improving IMO obua and Aguair can control the midfielf for us. Obua linking with the strikers and Bruno doing the passing. If he can keep playing like today...

When Aquiar comes back, who would we drop so that Obua can still play ?

I thought in the first half he was a passenger, although he improved in the second half.

Aye against 10 men. When it was 11 v 11 he was gash, too many bad passes and lost the ball in just about every tackle.

He was better than he was on Wednesday that wouldn't have been hard, but he still has a long long way to go before he is up to standard.

Hopefully we will join Kingston in the exit door.

portobellojambo1

Much better than Wednesday, but easily the poorest player in Maroon and White today.

Obua was utter junk first half behind Nade, he lost it everytime and couldnt do anything right.

However, after HT we appeared to change to roughly Chesney RW, Driver AM and Obua LW although they did interchange as they saw fit.

Obua had a lot more space and looked pretty decent after that with some very good passing and runs.

Definitly happy to see more of him doing that, should never play behind Nade again though.

After today there has to be absolutely no chance of Glen and Nade not starting next week and from the other 3 I would still go for Chesney and Driver. Can't see were he fits in.

IMO, he came onto a game as soon as Fletcher was sent off. His style of play is suited to a game where there is less pressure on the ball. I would still drop him next week though.

As an aside, did anybody see him at the end? He seemed to be in awe of the reaction from the stands.

Obua looked better when they were down to ten men and the game was more open. He is capable of moving the ball sideways and this helped stretch and tire them. However, Nade made many cross pitch runs and Obua never exploited them, and I really doubt that he has the pace or drive to get into the position from which Glen scored in the last minutes.

Much better today.

Wasn't a phenomenal performance but a good solid turn out from the big man today.

I was pretty downbeat when I saw his name in the team but he did alright.

He's probably not a "in the hole" player but he worked well and did ok.

I would agree with that. Definitely better but still doesn't offer enough in that role IMO. Glen should be played before him but I doubt it will happen.

I thought the big fella did pretty well considering how high pressure a game it was. If you watch him closely he's actually a very intelligent player when he's got his foot on the ball.

Trouble is this is Scotland and he just doesn't get the time he would in other leagues.

Better in 2nd half. Pretty dire ball retention in 1st half. Thought Glen should have replaced him at half time and we could have had even more fun at Hibees expense!! Mind you keeping them and Charlie Nick feeling they had a chance before applying the coup de grace!

Yeah I thought he was pretty poor today too, most times he gets the ball he just seems to backpass it.

Looked a bit better 2nd half and got 1 decent cross in but hibs had given up by then.

Other than one horrific pass out to the wing in the first half a i thought the Big O had a decent game today, certainly looked a bit more comitted than usual.

:108::D

Archived