Bairns double swoop (merged threads)

Graeme Russell

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My idea of football heaven would be Falkirk and Hibs battling it out to avoid relegation.

With the hubs only 10 points from bottom, it may happen this season if ICT get their act together.

It's hardly a fantasy.

fantasy

noun [C or U]

a pleasant situation that you enjoy thinking about, but which is unlikely to happen

I would say a fantasy is pretty much spot on.

Fantasy indeed, knowing Scott very well i dont expect to see him in marron any time soon!! We couldn't afford him plus he doesn't want to play for another Scottish team!

Fantasy indeed, knowing Scott very well i dont expect to see him in marron any time soon!! We couldn't afford him plus he doesn't want to play for another Scottish team!

I'm sure if Rangers or Celtic came in and offered him ?10,000 a week he wouldn't be saying that :laugh:

Its not about money, know people always say that but if you spoke with him you would know instantly that its not about that. He wants to devolp either at Falkirk ( who have been amazing with him since he was a boy ) or try his hand somewhere away from Scotland!!

John Hughes was just on Real Radio and said he can confirm there has been NO Approach or interest in either player from Hearts.

He did confirm that other clubs were inquiring but Hearts were not one of them......

that's that rumour out the window.......

Interesting development in today's Daily Record.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/falkirk/2009/01/15/i-can-t-wait-to-learn-from-steven-pressley-says-falkirk-starlet-darren-barr-86908-21042481/

Selected quote....

I've heard the speculation about my future but I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt. I've still got a lot to learn and playing here is still a challenge. Other challenges are maybe for the future.

Obviously clubs such as Hearts are massive and I watched their game on Sunday against Hibs - but it's difficult to say.

Am I being too positive suggesting that could be construed as some sort of "come and get me"?

Chad Sexington
Interesting development in today's Daily Record.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/falkirk/2009/01/15/i-can-t-wait-to-learn-from-steven-pressley-says-falkirk-starlet-darren-barr-86908-21042481/

Selected quote....

Am I being too positive suggesting that could be construed as some sort of "come and get me"?

The lad is flashing some serious ankle, IMO.

Guest JamboRobbo

Interesting. Sounds like "I'd be interesting in finding out what money they have to offer" to me.

Good prospect IMO.

Interesting indeed,

However, I still can't see this happening, only a few days ago did Hughes come out and say they had, had no contact what so ever with Hearts.

I appreciate Hearts could have spoke to them since, but the way I see it is the lad's just keeping his options open and not wanting to burn any bridges just in case/

The lad is flashing some serious ankle, IMO.

I agree. This is normally the time we hear about Barr going to the "Jungle" with his dad to watch Henrik's home debut, or to ra bronx to see Gazza play. If you were linked with a club that was an absolute no-no, you would not say what he said above IMO.

Interesting. Sounds like "I'd be interesting in finding out what money they have to offer" to me.

Good prospect IMO.

We'll get a row for being positive next! Choo choo! ;)

marshallschunkychicken
Interesting indeed,

However, I still can't see this happening, only a few days ago did Hughes come out and say they had, had no contact what so ever with Hearts.

I appreciate Hearts could have spoke to them since, but the way I see it is the lad's just keeping his options open and not wanting to burn any bridges just in case/

Maybe Hughes / Falkirk have had no contact from Hearts, as they say.

That doesn't mean the lad himself / his agent have had no contact. It's the way of the world in football these days....

This quote is Interesting...

"Obviously clubs such as Hearts are massive and I watched their game on Sunday against Hibs - but it's difficult to say."

Maybe a chance, maybe not....

Graeme Russell

I cannot see Yogi admitting that Hearts were after any of his players

anyway. It is like the dreaded manager's vote of confidence from the board

and we all know what usually happens after that. You can argue we are no

better then Falkirk over the last couple of seasons but facts speak for

themselves. Hearts 3rd biggest in country, huge fan base, double home gates,

more media exposure, more high profile, more internationilists in squad,

higher salaries etc. Players are not stupid and even the average ones have

agents.:)

Charlie-Brown

The Bobby Donnelly from Airdrie rumours & speculation would seem a more realistic & likely target in my opinion.

Interesting that he would say that, although I still can't see it happening.

The great thing is that players seem to be much more open minded now when it comes to us. If this had been this time last year, someone like Barr would have said no chance but things are changing and that's the really positive thing about it.

We'll get a row for being positive next! Choo choo! ;)

:laugh:

They would be 2 cracking signings. Looking at it. Barr would be a great replacement for Berra. And if we got Arfield. A centre midfield of Arfield and Black. Then Porter up front with Glen. Karipidis and Aguiar sign new deals. Mole leaves. Stewart leaves. Zal leaves for ?2m. Kingston leaves for ?2.5m.

I think I may have got carried away.

Archived