Bairns double swoop (merged threads)

Graeme Russell

Graeme Russell

In the Sunday Post we are lining up a stunning double bid or Darren Barr and

Scott Arfield from Falkirk. Good news if that is correct:)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Toxteth O'Grady

Not sure about the credibility of the source:)

Arfield - yes please

Barr - Meh

HEARTS have launched a stunning double bid for Darren Barr and Scott Arfield.

Ahead of today?s Cup derby at Easter Road, Falkirk received an inquiry for their two young stars ? among the country?s very best prospects.

And, despite not encouraging that interest, they expect the Tynecastle outfit to return with concrete offers ahead of the close of the transfer window.

The news is the latest indication that, having taken time to assess the Scottish market, Csaba Laszlo is now ready to announce himself as a serious player.

He started by snapping up Inverness Caley Thistle midfielder Ian Black on a pre-contract agreement.

Angered

Then he angered Motherwell manager Mark McGhee by declaring, before the clubs were due to play in midweek, that he wanted to sign his striker Chris Porter for ?200,000.

Funding his moves will be the departure of Christophe Berra, with Laszlo?s declaration on Thursday that his defender could play in England, Germany or Italy a clear sign he was ready to let the defender go.

Barr (23), who in August became the first Falkirk player to win a Scotland cap since John White in 1959, would look an obvious replacement at a fraction of the cost, while Scotland Under-21 midfielder Arfield has been scouted by a host of English clubs, including Manchester United and Chelsea.

Falkirk would be reluctant to let either go, with manager John Hughes having invested years of work into developing the pair into SPL stand-outs.

Like so many other clubs, though, the Bairns have been feeling the effects of the credit crunch, with Hughes recently told there is no money to spend.

:o

Italian Lambretta

The money to buy both would be there if we sell Berra and Kingston. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.

I think there is possibly a difference between players Csaba declares interest in and enquires about, with those Romanov is actually prepared to bid for.

Graeme Russell

Think Csaba is getting a real feel for the Scottish game and his pre contract

agreement with Ian Black of Caley is a good indication. Probably will mean the

moving on of Berra at least, but if he got in Barr and Arfield that would be a

great bit of business while still making a profit.

Good prospects and would be very good signings at the right price.

What a relief to see us acting like a real club again!

The Arfield rumour was floating on here a little while back, apparently Falkirk wanted a minimum of 750k (although it was suggested a bid of 250k plus elliot would do) and that Arfield had stated he had no desire to join hearts.

Graeme Russell
I dont think you can put the words "stunning" and " "Barr and Arfield" in the same sentence.

Well after seeing some of the mince we have signed in the past i'm not so

sure:laugh:

I have never been convinced by Barr any time I have seen him and going by what others on this board say about Rapnik and McGowan, I doubt if he is any better than either of them.

Arfield has some nice touches and can be incisive but all too rarely for my liking. Whether the scope to improve with us is there, is a matter for judgment.

Does the Sunday Post still do the shortbread recipes?

Woudlnt mind knowing if they do.

Was looking to make some, not today obviously!

Decent players but I would like to see some activity in the striking dept NOW,not a rush job at the end of the windae!

Why would any club anounce to the media that it is considering a bid for 2 players. It will bounce up the price and alert other bidders. I reckon it is a red herring to whom the real targets are. No other club announces its intention before any deal is closed, unless it is Rangers or Celtic who do it to unsettle the players..

Why would any club anounce to the media that it is considering a bid for 2 players. It will bounce up the price and alert other bidders. I reckon it is a red herring to whom the real targets are. No other club announces its intention before any deal is closed, unless it is Rangers or Celtic who do it to unsettle the players..

spot on - Expect to hear the Huns being interested in Barr, they need fresh blood in the C/H Areas.

This will turn the guys head, he will sign on at Ibrox, get a few games in the reserves and then maybe make the bench and probably get farmed out to some Championship club in the summer.

The huns are the best at wasting potential scottish talent!!

Jings Crivens and Help ma Boab:mw_rolleyes:

I see what you done there, clever, very clever, like it!!!

These would be the best two signings we can make! We would make money on sell-on value too.

I know a few boys from Falkirk though and Arfield is Celtic through and through, but so was Paul Hartely. :)

jamboinglasgow
These would be the best two signings we can make! We would make money on sell-on value too.

I know a few boys from Falkirk though and Arfield is Celtic through and through, but so was Paul Hartely. :)

as was Neil McCann and Stevie Fulton.

i would love it if we could get arfield,we would get a packet for him dwon the line aswell if he develops into the player pundits are suggesting

The Barr bid was meant to have been put in on Friday, was speaking to a guy last night who works for The Times or Independent sport's team.

scott arfield is a die-hard hibby and won't join hearts

:rolleyes:

He is a Celtic fan as he has a signed Celtic top on his wall anyway, there has not been any contact made to Arfield about Hearts.

I doubt he would be keen on a move to Hearts, but money talks.

The Barr bid was meant to have been put in on Friday, was speaking to a guy last night who works for The Times or Independent sport's team.

Why did you not tell us on Friday!? Your rumours are rubbish!

Why did you not tell us on Friday!? Your rumours are rubbish!

Heard last night when I was out that the bid had been put in on Friday. First time I have been on since heard this.

Patrick Bateman

If/when we sell Berra, Barr would make a solid replacement. Not really sure where we'd play Arfield, I reckon he's gone off the boil in the past season or so.

If/when we sell Berra, Barr would make a solid replacement. Not really sure where we'd play Arfield, I reckon he's gone off the boil in the past season or so.

2 goals and man of the match yesterday though.

Ah well that this rumour well and truly fecked then:D

Patrick Bateman
2 goals and man of the match yesterday though.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't complain at all if we signed him. In fact, I think he's quite a good player. But whether or not we'd get him for a good price is another matter. I'd imagine either player would cost ?500k plus and I don't know if we'd take the risk to sign them.

scott arfield is a die-hard hibby and won't join hearts

Always amazes me how someone's alliegance can be in any doubt.... think about it, can you imagine anyone ever genuinely believing that you are a hobo?

Miller Jambo 60
To sign them both imo your easily talking 1.5mn-2mn.

Cant see us paying even half of that.

Feeling pashed prancer.

Some result.:108years::108years:

Did anyone read this yesterday in the Sunday post?

Hearts line up Bairns swoop

By Danny Stewart

Ahead of today?s Cup derby at Easter Road, Falkirk received an inquiry for their two young stars ? among the country?s very best prospects.

And, despite not encouraging that interest, they expect the Tynecastle outfit to return with concrete offers ahead of the close of the transfer window.

The news is the latest indication that, having taken time to assess the Scottish market, Csaba Laszlo is now ready to announce himself as a serious player.

He started by snapping up Inverness Caley Thistle midfielder Ian Black on a pre-contract agreement.

:108years:

By Danny Stewart

If and when we do lose Aguiar and Berra these would be the 2 I'd go for.

By Danny Stewart

Interesting and more bad news for the Hoboeconomic experts to ponder over.:108years:

Robbos shoe shine

Arfield's a brilliant prospect and on form the now like, happy to see us goin for either one though to be honest!

loveofthegame

Would be delighted to sign these 2, not overly confident of it happening though, really won't believe it until they sign on the dotted line...

Robbos shoe shine

I just love how Shabba thinks he's better than everyone in the market and wants to start playing again! :108years:

Archived