Bairns double swoop (merged threads)

Graeme Russell

We could do a lot worse than them, particularly Arfield, who Chelsea looked at last year apparently.

It seems our new model is buy em, blood em for 2/3 seasons and then sell em for a profit. While we wont be winning the champions league with that ethos, im glad to see sence break out in our spending.

In Shaba we trust.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jambomickey
Where is the money coming from?

Hearts handing over ?2 million. No chance.

where's the ?2 million figure coming from? do they get wages ?2 million players get? no danger will falkirk get anywhere near ?2 million

where's the ?2 million figure coming from? do they get wages ?2 million players get? no danger will falkirk get anywhere near ?2 million

Did Craig Gordon get ?9m wages? They're both contracted long term and Falkirk aren't exactly in financial trouble, if they want a ?1m each we can't tell them otherwise.

Guest jambomickey
Did Craig Gordon get ?9m wages? They're both contracted long term and Falkirk aren't exactly in financial trouble, if they want a ?1m each we can't tell them otherwise.

craig gordon was on anything from 12 to 15 thousand a week! the falkirk lads be on no more than a grand a week and would probably treble there wages at tynecastle, agents know that and if falkirk played silly games they would end up with unhappy players.

alwaysthereinspirit

I thought Gordon was on 18,000 a week when we sold him. If true then we got what he was worth based on that. Barr and the other guy are not making those kind of salaries at Falkirk.

Personaly I think Hearts got wind of the Scottish cup draw beforehand and it's just a ploy to unsettle them before the cup game. :tongue:

craig gordon was on anything from 12 to 15 thousand a week! the falkirk lads be on no more than a grand a week and would probably treble there wages at tynecastle, agents know that and if falkirk played silly games they would end up with unhappy players.

They also know of the "glitches" which we seem to get with wages sometimes and of Vlads prior interference etc. Things are looking better yes but we're hardly Barcelona and i seriously doubt either player would complain if Falkirk turned down an offer from us, especially when neither are Hearts fans and in Arfields case particuarly, see themselves at a bigger club than us in the future.

Given we haven't actually spent a fee under Csaba and if anything look more likely to sell players this window, i can't see us spending anywhere near what those two would cost.

PS O'Connor is on more than ?12k at Birmingham, it's a good salary by SPL standards but it doesn't make a price tag.

Guest jambomickey
They also know of the "glitches" which we seem to get with wages sometimes and of Vlads prior interference etc. Things are looking better yes but we're hardly Barcelona and i seriously doubt either player would complain if Falkirk turned down an offer from us, especially when neither are Hearts fans and in Arfields case particuarly, see themselves at a bigger club than us in the future.

Given we haven't actually spent a fee under Csaba and if anything look more likely to sell players this window, i can't see us spending anywhere near what those two would cost.

PS O'Connor is on more than ?12k at Birmingham, it's a good salary by SPL standards but it doesn't make a price tag.

it's a massive step up from falkirk to hearts

No its not. If they were mucking around in the First Division, would agree with you.

Falkirk are an established SPL side. Not saying I would take every player on their books, but its not a massive step up to Hearts (unfortunatly)

Guest jambomickey
No its not. If they were mucking around in the First Division, would agree with you.

Falkirk are an established SPL side. Not saying I would take every player on their books, but its not a massive step up to Hearts (unfortunatly)

ga you're having a laugh! hearts are a far bigger club than falkirk.

Arfield signed a 5 year deal last year (Feb 08).

If he is on ?2,000 a week, we would need to pay Falkirk ?400,000 for his contract plus his fee, likely to be between ?200K-?500K so ?600K-?900K total.

Darren Barr has 1 and a half years left on his deal.

If he is on ?2,000 a week, that would be ?140,000 for his contract plus between ?150K-?300K so ?290K-?440K total.

*I don't know their actual saleries or transfer fees, it's only an estimation.

We were below them last year.

Obviously we're a bigger team but i doubt either player at that age will kick up a huge fuss if a bids turned down from us, it's not like they're going to win things here either, well not reguarly. Arfields got interest from the Premiership & Championship where he'll get even more than he would here and Barr'll probably end up at the huns imo.

Guest jambomickey
We were below them last year.

Obviously we're a bigger team but i doubt either player at that age will kick up a huge fuss if a bids turned down from us, it's not like they're going to win things here either, well not reguarly. Arfields got interest from the Premiership & Championship where he'll get even more than he would here and Barr'll probably end up at the huns imo.

i'm not saying they'll sign for hearts mate! what i said is falkirk won't get anywhere near ?2 million

Have to disagree with you there GA. In every single way other than playing in the same league the step up from Falkirk to hearts is massive. :)

Saying thay I don't believe we will sign either of them.

ga you're having a laugh! hearts are a far bigger club than falkirk.

Hearts are a bigger club, but its not a "massive step" up as you posted several posts up.

Its a step up - but not as big as you clearly think it is.

i'm not saying they'll sign for hearts mate! what i said is falkirk won't get anywhere near ?2 million

Bigger stadium. Bigger expectations. Bigger wages.

Expectations of what though? Europe? A cup run?

Sorry, Falkirk players will be playing against the same players at the same stadiums as they are just now.

Not denying its a step up, but a massive one?

Not sure about that.

Guest jambomickey
Hearts are a bigger club, but its not a "massive step" up as you posted several posts up.

Its a step up - but not as big as you clearly think it is.

massive imo mate! our history is miles ahead of them, our support is far bigger, our wage bill is miles ahead of them, if you put every falkirk player up for sale and done the same at hearts we'd be millions ahead of them

massive imo mate! our history is miles ahead of them, our support is far bigger, our wage bill is miles ahead of them, if you put every falkirk player up for sale and done the same at hearts we'd be millions ahead of them

Is it a massive step up from Hearts to the OF?

Guest jambomickey
Is it a massive step up from Hearts to the OF?

yes! quite clearly there winning leagues and in the champions league nearly every season

yes! quite clearly there winning leagues and in the champions league nearly every season

Its a step up - but I dont think its a massive one bud.

Guest jambomickey

well we agree to disagree mate! as always i respect your opinion.

Hearts (as a club) is much bigger than Falkirk, if you were to go to Falkirk and looked at their facilities, stadium, fan base etc. it is smaller but as a team, Falkirk aren't that far beind Hearts, I'd still say we were bigger (slightly) because of the quality of player we have in Gorgie and expectations, Falkirk for the last few seasons have said they would like top-6 spot before a season begins, 90% of our fans say they think it's achievable to get a European place (some loopy supporters even think we could win the league:runaway:;)).

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Suppose it depends on how ambitious the player is.

The Andy Websters of this world? It's a massive step. Mega bucks, playing for a team that wins trophies, playing infront of 50/60 thousand, Champions League.

The James McFaddens/Craig Gordons of this world? Not so much of a step up. Yes, it has it's perks but to fulfill their ambitions England is the place to be. Playing with/against a superior standard of player and improving your game is what it's all about.

I dunno about the Falkirk players but I suspect Driver/Berra fall into the 2nd category, which is nice.

Suppose it depends on how ambitious the player is.

The Andy Websters of this world? It's a massive step. Mega bucks, playing for a team that wins trophies, playing infront of 50/60 thousand, Champions League.

The James McFaddens/Craig Gordons of this world? Not so much of a step up. Yes, it has it's perks but to fulfill their ambitions England is the place to be. Playing with/against a superior standard of player and improving your game is what it's all about.

I dunno about the Falkirk players but I suspect Driver/Berra fall into the 2nd category, which is nice.

You make some good points.

Webster should never have been a massive step up though. He looks fecked now, but the Webster we seen for Hearts and Scotland would have easily slipped in to that Rangers back four.

Ian Murray is another story altogether.......

Hearts to Flakirk = a small step up

Hearts to the Old Firm - a much bigger step up. They play in the Championsd League and win titles.

The Barr bid was meant to have been put in on Friday, was speaking to a guy last night who works for The Times or Independent sport's team.

Thats us got no chance now! Cheers for jinx'n it HANS

You make some good points.

Webster should never have been a massive step up though. He looks fecked now, but the Webster we seen for Hearts and Scotland would have easily slipped in to that Rangers back four.

Ian Murray is another story altogether.......

Ian Murrays a cretin who is quite deservedly back where he started because of his greed and short sightedness.

I don't know how ambitious Webster is/was but he definitely took the easy option. Maybe he never viewed it as a massive step? He was definitely ill advised by his agent but that's for another thread.

Respect to guys like James Morrison, Craig Gordon, James McFadden who all saw past the OF and took the real big step in their career.

If Gordhun Smith cared for our game at all he would be advising more players to follow that route instead of letting all our best prospects rot in the OF reserves.

Anyway, this has no relevance to the thread!

The one thing in our favour is that playing well for Hearts and playing well for Falkirk gets you a whole different level of recognition, if Gordon had been at Falkirk no way Sunderland would've forked out ?9 mill for him.

Same if Berra was there now he wouldn't be drawing attention from clubs as big as he has been here (allegedly)

Getting in either Barr and Arfield would be a tremendous capture for the club and getting both of them would be something special.

However losing a player of Berra's standing within the squad both as an influence on the field and in the dressing room would be a huge loss at this stage in the campaign.

I am not sure I would sacrifice Berra (if it was possible to keep him) in order to get these chaps in.

Maybe punt Kingston and bring in Arfield and wait until the end of the season to sell Berra and get in Barr.

Ian Murrays a cretin who is quite deservedly back where he started because of his greed and short sightedness.

I don't know how ambitious Webster is/was but he definitely took the easy option. Maybe he never viewed it as a massive step? He was definitely ill advised by his agent but that's for another thread.

Respect to guys like James Morrison, Craig Gordon, James McFadden who all saw past the OF and took the real big step in their career.

If Gordhun Smith cared for our game at all he would be advising more players to follow that route instead of letting all our best prospects rot in the OF reserves.

James Morrsion went from Middlesbrough (where he is originally from and came through the ranks) to West Brom, when and where were the Old Firm ever involved?

James Morrsion went from Middlesbrough (where he is originally from and came through the ranks) to West Brom, when and where were the Old Firm ever involved?

I was under the impression he was originally from Scotland!

Schoolboy error on my part.

I heard Ihun was on 1k a week at Hibs and Rangers offered him 10. What would you have done? Don't think it was greed just the chance to better himself at a bigger club. Despite him being a tosser he's actually a pretty decent fullback and capable of moving on again to somewhere better. You could argue that players that head straight for the Championship are the greedy ones, playing for less prestigeous clubs for more money, not necessarily a higher level either.

nanananananana-angus
I heard Ihun was on 1k a week at Hibs and Rangers offered him 10. What would you have done? Don't think it was greed just the chance to better himself at a bigger club. Despite him being a tosser he's actually a pretty decent fullback and capable of moving on again to somewhere better. You could argue that players that head straight for the Championship are the greedy ones, playing for less prestigeous clubs for more money, not necessarily a higher level either.

Oops,I reckon you've dropped a bit of a clanger there hobo.

Referring to Murray as Ihun is something a Hearts fan wouldn't do.IIRC Ihun was a hobo term given to "judas Murray" after joining the hated hun.

The fact that Murray played for the hun is totally irrelevant as far as Hearts fans are concerned,to Hearts fans he always has and always will be a stinking hobo who once dyed 1973 into his skanky lice ridden hair.

Well?

Referring to Murray as Ihun is something a Hearts fan wouldn't do.IIRC Ihun was a hobo term given to "judas Murray" after joining the hated hun.

The fact that Murray played for the hun is totally irrelevant as far as Hearts fans are concerned,to Hearts fans he always has and always will be a stinking hobo who once dyed 1973 into his skanky lice ridden hair.

Well?

Bang on Angus! Get this Hobo skank banned! :108years:

Well?

Not really a clanger as i knew fine well some sad **** would would notice and reply :D

Yes the hibs fans called him Ihun, it's also my wish to call him Ihun. I hope you will be able to get over this and move on. And if you can't tough tatties :tongue:

Not really a clanger as i knew fine well some sad **** would would notice and reply :D

Yes the hibs fans called him Ihun, it's also my wish to call him Ihun. I hope you will be able to get over this and move on. And if you can't tough tatties :tongue:

Hobo.

His basic at der huns was nothing of the sort.

Season 1 he was on ?3k pw

Season 2 he was on ?4k pw

Season 3 he was on ?5k pw

Where his salary kicked on was when he played because he received a payment for playing which was quite chunky and doubled his weekly take and also dont forget the win bonus.

I have heard from a fairly good source (someone who works for the Inland Revenue) that Flakirk are in quite a bit of financial trouble at the moment so they may well be forced to accept cut price bids for there players in order to get some money in....whether we actually have any money to spend ourselves is a different matter, but we shall see.

I don't think there is any cance that Arfield will end up at Hearts. Slightly more chance with Barr but not much. I can't see how a club with the financial problems we have will be spending any money on transfers.

Hope I'm wrong. IMO Both would be fantastic signings and would be a return to the sort of signing we used to have a habit of making.

Perhaps a year from now, Barr on a pre contract might be a better option.

Burnley bid ?350k for Barr in the summer which was turned down.

On a side note, we (Falkirk) have this morning signed Steven Pressley.

Dads%20army%20header%20600.gif

I personally think it'd be two good signings if it happens (doubt it though)

But to sacrifice Berra for them hmmmmmmmmmm...

Hopefully we punt Kingston so money from him could fund it instead

Here's hoping, never goes to plan though!!

jamboinglasgow

really? Is hughes trying to balance youth with real age.

seriously though if that is true then Falkirk have some of the best players who will be great coaches/managers. McCann will be a great coach and Elvis will be a great assistant or manager.

nanananananana-angus

Yeah, sure you did.What a predictable answer.

Here I was thinking that trolling,personal insults weren't permitted on Jkb.

Even if you're not a hobo,which I don't believe for one second, you've just admitted to deliberatley trying to noise up fellow Hearts fans.

I think if you are going to carry on with your rediculous charade you're going to have to be a bit more careful in future.Sad hobo.:108years:

Drylaw Hearts
According to

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/6088412.stm

The contract that Barr signed in 2006 runs out at the end of this season so Falkirk might not reject ?350k quite so readily this month as they did in the summer.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_2727844,00.html?20070914110827

It looks like he signed another extension in 2007.

Archived