Arbroath paid

stirlingshirejambo

They would have got bugger all from me if I was in charge. I also wish that this was not referred to as a "transfer" as it was certainly NOT that.

Should have told them to go forth at the very beginning.

Rod.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotsman article:

Webster row rumbles on

Published Date: 10 January 2009

ARBROATH are still in dispute with Hearts over the sell-on fee for Andy Webster after the Tynecastle club failed to pay the full amount yesterday.

The Gayfield outfit received in the region of ?15,000 as part of the ?150,000 Wigan paid Hearts for the defender in 2006.

The amount deposited into Arbroath's bank, though, was minus interest believed to amount to ?450.

"It could simply be an oversight from Hearts' point of view," said Arbroath secretary Gary Callon.[/b]

There we go....saga finally over....

Today's DR:

"ARBROATH last night confirmed their dispute with Hearts over the payment of the Andy Webster sell-on fee has finally been resolved.

Hearts yesterday paid the agreed interest on the ?15,000 the second division club received on Friday.

After months chasing the cash Arbroath told Jambos to include an interest payment when the two clubs negotiated at the start of December to defer the transfer of the money until January 9.

Arbroath secretary Gary Callon said: "Hearts have now paid the interest too which is good news. I don't know if it was an oversight on their part but it has now been resolved."

Arbroath were due the cash after agreeing a sell-on fee when Scotland internationalist Webster left Gayfield for Tynecastle in 2001.

Hearts were paid ?150,000 in compensation from Wigan after Webster used a little know FIFA ruling in summer 2006 to quit the Edinburgh club despite being three years into a four-year deal."

Archived