VELICKA

dodemac

HAVE WE SIGNED HIM OR IS IT STILL STILL JUST A RUMOR ??

Stop shouting and we are not in America, and it is Velicka.

Anyway, we have not signed him - personally I do not think we will.

I doubt very much there was ever any truth in the story.

Errr Csaba hinted at interest in a press conference, that would seem a strong enough evidence that there was genuine interest?

For what it's worth, I think it would be a major backwards step and would rather see a younger player brought in.

Jam Tarts 1874
Errr Csaba hinted at interest in a press conference, that would seem a strong enough evidence that there was genuine interest?

For what it's worth, I think it would be a major backwards step and would rather see a younger player brought in.

When? I think you must have dreamt that one.

Charlie-Brown

The later it gets into the transfer window the more clubs with any interest in taking him on loan might be able to barter with Rangers regards what percentage of wages are paid by each club.

Charlie-Brown

Not according to reports last week that Csaba hinted he was strongly interested in striker 'V'

He was asked about him and admitted it was "an interesting name". He never denied or confirmed if he is a target.

Would quite like us to take him for the rest of the season, with a view to tying up other targets on pre contracts so they are in for the summer.

Manager Csaba Laszlo, though, hinted that Velicka is one of a number of signing targets as he seeks a potent striker for the second half of the season. "This is an interesting name, a very interesting name," said Laszlo. "I also have other names in my head. I have 12 or 13 strikers (in mind] and I hope we can get one or two."

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Rangers-keen-to-let-Velicka.4834044.jp

Owned.:)

I must have too then.

This is an interesting name," Laszlo said, laughing, when asked if he had an interest in taking Velicka back to Tynecastle. "A very interesting name.

"But also I have other names in my head. I have (an interest in] 12 or 13 strikers and I hope we can get one or two." Speaking at a press conference at the ground yesterday, Laszlo added that the list might well include a player whose surname began "with this initial", as he drew the letter V on the table.

In todays herald he's quoted as saying

"We must be more focused on the target. If you don't have the killer instinct then you don't win games," reflected Laszlo. "In the second half we played well and if we had scored we would have won the game. When the transfer window opens I hope to be active. I am looking for a goal-scorer." The probable return of Andrius Velicka this month should offer Hearts a greater cutting edge.

The journo has added the last bit............... but PROBABLE as opposed to POSSIBLE ?????..............hmmmm

A 29 year old who has proven he can score goals being a backwards step from a goal a century striker such as the one we have at the moment. How you work that one out?

A 29 year old who has proven he can score goals being a backwards step from a goal a century striker such as the one we have at the moment. How you work that one out?

It smacks of short termism. Bringing in 29 year olds on big wages, with little saleable potential is the kind of strategy that made a major contribution to the financial mess the club currently finds itself in.

It smacks of short termism. Bringing in 29 year olds on big wages, with little saleable potential is the kind of strategy that made a major contribution to the financial mess the club currently finds itself in.

A loan deal to tide us over till the summer? Would hope we could use this month to tie up players on pre contracts.

A loan deal to tide us over till the summer? Would hope we could use this month to tie up players on pre contracts.

Wouldn't be against it provided the Huns were still saddled with 90% of his no doubt bloated weekly wage packet. That said, I wasn't as as big a fan of Velicka as some first time round.

Stop shouting and we are not in America, and it is Velicka.

Anyway, we have not signed him - personally I do not think we will.

It was my son that posted it not me and as it says on the tin LOCHEE DUNDEE, in Scotland

Dont even see a loan deal happening. Whats in it for Rangers and whats in it for Velicka ? They still have to get his wage covered and we're not going to do that and they'll aslo want decent money back for him, and I hope to hell we're not going to do that either.

IF Rangers let him walk and write off the ?1 mill and IF Velicka is prepared to accept not only a big wage loss but also a short term deal then MAYBE.

If I was Velicka I'd sure as hell be staying right where I was at this stage of my career and simply letting the highly lucrative, and last big contract, run out.

Charlie-Brown

The obvious benefit to Rangers loaning out Velicka is that 1) someone covers all or part of his wages for 6 months 2) if he scores a number of goals then a striker that's playing & scoring is much more sellable than a striker that's frozen out ..... the benefit to Hearts or any other club interested in taking Velicka on loan would be any goals that he scored.

Don't see how he would fit into the team.

Laszlo has shown that no matter which players are available he plays 4-4-1-1.

Only position Velicka would be capable of is the front striker, replacing Nade. Velicka's return might mean slightly more goals than with Nade as the front striker. But his lack of ability in holding the ball would mean fewer goals for the midfield - and more conceded by the team as per last year.

Charlie-Brown
Don't see how he would fit into the team.

Laszlo has shown that no matter which players are available he plays 4-4-1-1.

Only position Velicka would be capable of is the front striker, replacing Nade. Velicka's return might mean slightly more goals than with Nade as the front striker. But his lack of ability in holding the ball would mean fewer goals for the midfield - and more conceded by the team as per last year.

In Frails most successful spell last season many of the games were won without conceding and with Velicka as main striker and frequently scoring - why not simply admit you don't fancy Velicka much as a player without constantly trying to rationalise it by inventing bogus arguments. :mw_rolleyes:

In Frails most successful spell last season many of the games were won without conceding and with Velicka as main striker and frequently scoring - why not simply admit you don't fancy Velicka much as a player without constantly trying to rationalise it by inventing bogus arguments. :mw_rolleyes:

What about the run under Korobocha/Chernenkov?

Velicka has been found out at Rangers, and so have the posters who thought he would score a barrowload there.

Ryan Gosling
What about the run under Korobocha/Chernenkov?

Velicka has been found out at Rangers, and so have the posters who thought he would score a barrowload there.

Coco - Velicka only played 10 of those 23 matches under the gruesome twosome and we scored more than we conceded when he did.

Also, surely you have to play to be found out?

Guest JamboRobbo
In Frails most successful spell last season many of the games were won without conceding and with Velicka as main striker and frequently scoring

You want to go back to where we were last year? Why? :o

If Csaba wants to take Velicka and a deal is done, and Csaba wants him in his team, I'll be right behind him.

But I don't think the way we played or the team we had last year is anything special for us to be aiming towards.

I wouldn't call re-signing our last striker to actually score on a reasonably regular basis a step-backwards given what we've currently got.

Take him back in a second if he still had the form he had when he left us.

You want to go back to where we were last year? Why? :o

If Csaba wants to take Velicka and a deal is done, and Csaba wants him in his team, I'll be right behind him.

But I don't think the way we played or the team we had last year is anything special for us to be aiming towards.

Can't be hard to find a better striker around than Velicka.

Someone who can both hold the ball up and score goals.

Can't be hard to find a better striker around than Velicka.

Someone who can both hold the ball up and score goals.

I kinda agree with you Coco. I'm not his biggest fan.

He's a good goalgetter, but in a funny kind of way, moreso in a poor team. He gets the ball, tries to turn, runs in a straight line and hits it early. It works for him every couple of games, but he tries this EVERY time he gets the ball.

Csaba wants to build a team which retains posession and i dont believe Velicka is condusive to this. Nade is a better 'footballer', if not so prolific. I think we need someone to link with Nade, not replace him.

I wont shed a tear if it's Velicka we take on loan, and he'll prob do a job for us. I just think we could do better, cheaper.

Regardless whether we sign Velicka or not - this place will be in meltdown next week if we are knocked out of the cup after another toothless attacking performance witnessed like last Sat.

I am prepared to be shot down for this but Hibs could create a 1/3 of the chances that we will create and probably take one before we do. We have no-one on the field that looks remotely like a goal-getter. Even with Riordan and Flectcher having quite games on Sat - you would fancy either of them to take the chances we created.

Regardless whether we sign Velicka or not - this place will be in meltdown next week if we are knocked out of the cup after another toothless attacking performance witnessed like last Sat.

I am prepared to be shot down for this but Hibs could create a 1/3 of the chances that we will create and probably take one before we do. We have no-one on the field that looks remotely like a goal-getter. Even with Riordan and Flectcher having quite games on Sat - you would fancy either of them to take the chances we created.

I think that the last 2 games have shown that Michael Stewart can not play behind the striker. Aguiar missing has been crucial in those last 2 games.

If Aguiar is out, then Gary Glen surely has to start in that position.

Ryan Gosling
Coco - Velicka only played 10 of those 23 matches under the gruesome twosome and we scored more than we conceded when he did.

Also, surely you have to play to be found out?

:mw_rolleyes::laugh:

No shooting down here cos i think in general, you are right. But i do disagree with regard to Saturday. They would have done better with Nade's volley which even though he should have done better, was still a very difficult chance and only a very top striker would have scored. I dont think they would have scored that.

They may have done better with the one Driver put over the bar too and Glen scuffed one, but on the turn.

Other than that, I think we were actually more unlucky than bad with the other chances. Nade's two off the woodwork, he done well with I thought and had he knocked a few in this year, we'd only be saying he was unlucky. Glen's long-ranger was brilliance and i dont see any of the hobos doing better.

As I say, in general i agree, but i dont with Saturday's game specifically.

Our shooting from distance was awful mind you. Pala and Mikey failed to get a grip of a couple

:mw_rolleyes::laugh:

Didn't see that one, will now respond.

I thought that over the piece when Velicka played that he scored goals by blootering it at the goal. That was what he was good at. He didn't contribute to the team's game otherwise because he couldn't pass the ball or hold the ball up. We have seen the benefits of him out of the Hearts side since he left (and since the defence was shored up by the reappearance of Neilson) - with the likes of Nade/Aguiar holding the ball up. Helps the defence and helps the midfield.

I think he has been found out as a bad signing for Rangers. Smith/McCoist were crazy to sign him and didn't pay enough attention to the faults in his game. He's not as good as Boyd at the Boyd game and not mobile/good enough to replace any of their other strikers. I think he'll hang on to the wages coming in at Rangers as he won't match it at any other club.

Era Macaroons

:welldone: agree 100%

Era Macaroons
No shooting down here cos i think in general, you are right. But i do disagree with regard to Saturday. They would have done better with Nade's volley which even though he should have done better, was still a very difficult chance and only a very top striker would have scored. I dont think they would have scored that.

They may have done better with the one Driver put over the bar too and Glen scuffed one, but on the turn.

Other than that, I think we were actually more unlucky than bad with the other chances. Nade's two off the woodwork, he done well with I thought and had he knocked a few in this year, we'd only be saying he was unlucky. Glen's long-ranger was brilliance and i dont see any of the hobos doing better.

As I say, in general i agree, but i dont with Saturday's game specifically.

Our shooting from distance was awful mind you. Pala and Mikey failed to get a grip of a couple

A striker of any note would have been expecting that ball to have a chance of reaching him.....and would have taken a touch to eliminate bewildered defender and slotted in net. easy:)

A Velicika ka ka return would be a great move as well (as Clum)

A striker of any note would have been expecting that ball to have a chance of reaching him.....and would have taken a touch to eliminate bewildered defender and slotted in net. easy:)

A Velicika ka ka return would be a great move as well (as Clum)

It would have been some goal to score from there. For me, Driver's was almost the best chance we had as he had time to compose himself, was on his left and wasnt really closed down. Anyway, all done now!

I'm honestly not too interested in Velicka coming back to Hearts. If so, i would only want him till end of season. I see we've made a move for Porter, who i think is more the type i'd like to see. Velicka is very 1 dimensional

Era Macaroons
It would have been some goal to score from there. For me, Driver's was almost the best chance we had as he had time to compose himself, was on his left and wasnt really closed down. Anyway, all done now!

I'm honestly not too interested in Velicka coming back to Hearts. If so, i would only want him till end of season. I see we've made a move for Porter, who i think is more the type i'd like to see. Velicka is very 1 dimensional

I dont want labour the point but if only he could have controlled it (thus stepping back inside defender) he would have had only goalie to beat...instead of some giant kids finger pressing him on the head (a la striker game)....alas no...but like you say..its gone now.

Velicka was good for us before so dont see why he couldnt be again......if we did stop playing Nade and lose this hopeless....'he can hold it up' attitude we have....then maybe we might be able to evolve into a better formation, and start playing like Hearts again.

I dont want labour the point but if only he could have controlled it (thus stepping back inside defender) he would have had only goalie to beat...instead of some giant kids finger pressing him on the head (a la striker game)....alas no...but like you say..its gone now.

Velicka was good for us before so dont see why he couldnt be again......if we did stop playing Nade and lose this hopeless....'he can hold it up' attitude we have....then maybe we might be able to evolve into a better formation, and start playing like Hearts again.

Iwantthelastwordery here. To take the touch there only the top top players do it. I thought that myself when i watched it on sky plus at night, but then thought, well if we sign Ronaldo, then maybe... I quite often think players are better to take a touch or fake a cross to let the defenders slide by but how often do they do it?? Laudrup was superb at this as was Di Canio, but they were exceptional.

Nade does more than hold it up, infact i dont think thats his natuaral game. Hes better when he gets turned and runs at people but he cant do that just now as we have no support for him. Fact is, Nade CAN hold it up though and he passes the ball reasonably well for a CF too. He hits the ball well from distance too which we've seen a couple of times this season.

ANyway im not really wanting to defend Nade, its more Velicka i have a problem with. As i have said earlier, Velicka does a job, but I think he wouldnt fit in basically cos he doesnt link play at all. He gets the ball, runs towards goal and kicks it hard. Fair play, but that doesnt cut it when you try to dominate games or indeed when you try to defend from the front.

It would appear we disagree!!

SOrry for long reply!!!!!!!!

Era Macaroons
Iwantthelastwordery here. To take the touch there only the top top players do it. I thought that myself when i watched it on sky plus at night, but then thought, well if we sign Ronaldo, then maybe... I quite often think players are better to take a touch or fake a cross to let the defenders slide by but how often do they do it?? Laudrup was superb at this as was Di Canio, but they were exceptional.

Nade does more than hold it up, infact i dont think thats his natuaral game. Hes better when he gets turned and runs at people but he cant do that just now as we have no support for him. Fact is, Nade CAN hold it up though and he passes the ball reasonably well for a CF too. He hits the ball well from distance too which we've seen a couple of times this season.

ANyway im not really wanting to defend Nade, its more Velicka i have a problem with. As i have said earlier, Velicka does a job, but I think he wouldnt fit in basically cos he doesnt link play at all. He gets the ball, runs towards goal and kicks it hard. Fair play, but that doesnt cut it when you try to dominate games or indeed when you try to defend from the front.

It would appear we disagree!!

SOrry for long reply!!!!!!!!

Last word request.....DENIED!:tongue:

I dont agree that such a move required much skill at all, just common sense and a little bit of composure, oh and a little bit of instinct,wtf, may as well add in ability as well....and isnt Nade supposed to BE a top striker??? (top wages at top SPL club)

I've seen the same move done countless times on amatuer pitches!!

anyway....its all about opinions and how you see it, I'll keep you right though :mw_rolleyes:

Im Pro Velicka purley down to our 'non event' of other options (ex clum coming back) and I think he may be attainable.

Last word request.....DENIED!:tongue:

I dont agree that such a move required much skill at all, just common sense and a little bit of composure, oh and a little bit of instinct,wtf, may as well add in ability as well....and isnt Nade supposed to BE a top striker??? (top wages at top SPL club)

I've seen the same move done countless times on amatuer pitches!!

anyway....its all about opinions and how you see it, I'll keep you right though :mw_rolleyes:

Im Pro Velicka purley down to our 'non event' of other options (ex clum coming back) and I think he may be attainable.

last word.... blancmange (always liked that word)

Chick 'the voice of a football' has just been on Radio Scotland saying Boyd is off to Birmingham for ?3-4m.

If so, I can't see Velicka going anywhere.

pettigrewsstylist

Spot on mate. im dreading this place next week

IMO i would be far less scathing if we support Nade with both Glen and Elliot (give them 45 mins each) If we play with Nade up top and (if BA doesnt make it)Stewart in the 'hole' then im afraid i may need to reconsider Shabbas status in my mind from one of shrewd to ordinary and capable.

The excuse has been no other options all season and ive been prepared to accept that for the 4-5-1. Im afraid after Elliots return and Glens performance on Saturday i can no longer accept that

All that said however if BA is fit then 4-5-1 is still acceptable to me as a start formation.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
The obvious benefit to Rangers loaning out Velicka is that 1) someone covers all or part of his wages for 6 months 2) if he scores a number of goals then a striker that's playing & scoring is much more sellable than a striker that's frozen out ..... the benefit to Hearts or any other club interested in taking Velicka on loan would be any goals that he scored.

3) He won't be allowed to play against Rangers but he might score winners / equalisers for us against Celtic. Which would obviously benefit us and Rangers.

Greedy_Jambo

Would velicka coming back not make romanov look like a complete plumb for getting rid of him in the first place?

I can't see it happening. Mind you, he did offer burley the chance to come back i suppose.

Archived