Robbie's Contract

BigC

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts
nope, not saying that. what i am saying is that GA can speak for himself.

I think it was pretty damn obvious.

?

I said GB wanted to sign a RB.

I made no reference to what position(s) Vladimir Romanov wanted to fill.

then why did you mention tall and cammazola?

Drylaw Hearts
Dont really know much about the younger age groups at the club. From Thompson, Eggy and Kari (who played there as well a few times), Robbie is the best shout for RB.

That said, we should always be on the look out for better players than we have for the right price.

Agreed.

:D

I think it was pretty damn obvious.

if it was that obvious then you possibly could have let him speak for himself.

Drylaw Hearts
then why did you mention tall and cammazola?

OMG.

Burley wanted a couple of more players of his choice but VR gave him 2 players that he wanted.

Drylaw Hearts
if it was that obvious then you possibly could have let him speak for himself.

Well he now has and it appears I was correct.

OMG.

Burley wanted a couple of more players of his choice but VR gave him 2 players that he wanted.

OMG indeed, just what i've been thinking over the past hour or so.

what the high heavens does that have to do with the fact that you suggested that GB wanted to sign a RB and was not allowed to?

Drylaw Hearts
OMG indeed, just what i've been thinking over the past hour or so.

what the high heavens does that have to do with the fact that you suggested that GB wanted to sign a RB and was not allowed to?

You're either bevvied or taking the pishh.

You're either bevvied or taking the pishh.

i am neither. i will let the thread speak for itself for if and when people want to decide.

i will now retire in order to re-commence what's left of my life.

It may not be the original debate but it sure as hell is the current debate.

Only because yet another thread has been hijacked and sidetracked by the deja vu brigade. I thought it was 2006 for a second while reading this thread.

Drylaw Hearts
i am neither. i will let the thread speak for itself for if and when people want to decide.

Anyone reading the thread properly will discover that you actually agree with my thoughts that Robbie isn't great with the ball going forward but is a very decent defender.

I'm not actually sure why you made such a fuss.

i will now retire in order to re-commence what's left of my life.

Enjoy.

Drylaw Hearts
Only because yet another thread has been hijacked and sidetracked by the deja vu brigade. I thought it was 2006 for a second while reading this thread.

Is that because Robbie couldn't pass the ball in 2006 either ?

Simple fact we are not Real Madrid, Milan or Man U. we are struggling to get 3rd place in a piddly wee league

If our players were the complete article they would be well away from here.

Nade - could not hit a coo's erse with a banjo and is slow (for a striker - iam sure he could beat me over 50 yards)

Stewart - big time charlie who looses the ball too often and has suspect temprement

Driver - decent enough winger but as i heard yesterday 'if he had and end product he would be brilliant'.

Kingston -skilfull but lacks heart

I could go though the whole team and pick up flaws. Even our best player of the last 5 years Craig Gordon is apparently dodgy on crosses acording to some.

Neilson has has his flaws but he is a more than solid defender. As for the number of times he passes it into the stand sometimes it the best option.

On Sunday at easter road 5 min to go at 0-0 say Riordan is tearing towards goal if I had the choice of any of our defenders who i could rely on to take the ball (and the man if needs must) and stick it in amongst the hibee hoards i would be looking to Robbie and for that reason alone I would rather keep hold of him than try to replace him.

Drylaw Hearts
Simple fact we are not Real Madrid, Milan or Man U. we are struggling to get 3rd place in a piddly wee league

If our players were the complete article they would be well away from here.

Nade - could not hit a coo's erse with a banjo and is slow (for a striker - iam sure he could beat me over 50 yards)

Stewart - big time charlie who looses the ball too often and has suspect temprement

Driver - decent enough winger but as i heard yesterday 'if he had and end product he would be brilliant'.

Kingston -skilfull but lacks heart

I could go though the whole team and pick up flaws. Even our best player of the last 5 years Craig Gordon is apparently dodgy on crosses acording to some.

Neilson has has his flaws but he is a more than solid defender. As for the number of times he passes it into the stand sometimes it the best option.

On Sunday at easter road 5 min to go at 0-0 say Riordan is tearing towards goal if I had the choice of any of our defenders who i could rely on to take the ball (and the man if needs must) and stick it in amongst the hibee hoards i would be looking to Robbie and for that reason alone I would rather keep hold of him than try to replace him.

Not when you're trying to attack it's not.

Granted but what if you re in the corner and there is no-one to give an easy pass too to start an attack or someone is bearing down on you there is often not the chance to think about the attaking pass everytime. get it as far away from the goal -regroup and get it back in a better position.

I am not saying that Robbie lacks a bit of composure at times but he'll do for us at the moment

Drylaw Hearts
Granted but what if you re in the corner and there is no-one to give an easy pass too to start an attack or someone is bearing down on you there is often not the chance to think about the attaking pass everytime. get it as far away from the goal -regroup and get it back in a better position.

I am not saying that Robbie lacks a bit of composure at times but he'll do for us at the moment

I said previously I have no problem with Row Z clearances.

It is the basic pass down the line that ends up 6 rows into the stand that frustrates me.

I said previously I have no problem with Row Z clearances.

It is the basic pass down the line that ends up 6 rows into the stand that frustrates me.

TBF, he probably seen Chesney in front of him and thought "**** it"

OMFG!

God forbid someone actually answers the original question, therefore prolonging the life of this thread and meaning that everyone who wants to know the answer actually has to wade through about 100 pages of regurgitaed s**** before getting it.

Robbie is a good defender.

Robboe is commited.

Robbie can't pass for s***

I would say that 99% of Hearts fans would agree with that assessment. Let's just leave it there.

Can I second the suggestion that anyone who wants to discuss his passing ability and/or what George Burley though of him should start a new thread.

That way everyone who isn't looking for a reason to slit their wrists will know to avoid it.

you where comparing the ability of robbie and larry, so i was debating your post.

Nice rant although it's got nothing to do with the debate.

The question is.............

Is Robbie Neilson a good passer of the ball ?

i though the debate was about his contract being up for renewal not on how well he can pass. or is this just another thread that is hijacked and derailed from the original question again.

I mean why don't the mods just start one thread on each player and make it a sticky, that way we don't have to trawl through post after post of folk moaning every day.

I heard some chat at the game that Robbie hadn't even been offered a new deal and his current one runs out THIS season, which is why the Rangers rumours have been so strong.....

Can anyone confirm that he is in the last year of his contract and if Hearts are looking ot extent it - or not, as I've heard.

Despite his "Marmite" status amongst the Hearts support, he is our Vice Captain and longest serving player, we could certainly get some sort of fee for him if he was on a long term contract so it's seems daft to just let him walk away for nothing.

(Unless what I heard is nonsense, in which case I'm happy to be corrected).

After reading all the posts saying Robbie has little football ability and can't pass, I must have dreamt those 2 assists to Nade on Saturday (one being a good cross after a lovely one-two with Cesnauskis)

How many goalscoring opportunities did Stewart, Ruben or Kingston make ??

Open your eyes and stop being so blinkered when it comes to Neilson. Before he put one foot wrong on Saturday, two other Hearts players passed the ball out of the park under no pressure at all from an opponent, where are the posts berating them ??

Berra & Neilson were both immense on Saturday, and anyone having a go at Neilson must have been at a different game.

Archived