Robbie's Contract

BigC

Drylaw Hearts
mate as much as i like your posts thats a cop out and you know it

We have 3 players that could play right back right now ...today...

and hes still being picked,, i dont pretend RN to be anything more in my eyes than a solid guy who knows the club but im perepared to accept Levein, Csaba and so on know more than me

Out of the 3 that can be considered RB (Robbie, Thomson and Jonsson) only the first 2 are actual RB's.

Csaba must question Thomsons ability or he wouldn't have converted a CM to that role.

Did you hear Tangomans comments about Robbie before game last Saturday?

I didn't. But I bet he said he was an excellent pro etc etc.

i just think we should all acknowledge he has kept successive managers happy and given the turnover of our players that is an accomplishment regardless how low your wages are

im no RN groupie btw, my head goes in my hands as often as yours ill bet hahaha

I think if GB had been allowed to sign a RB when he wanted to RN would have been history by now.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts
i know, but what is the ability to defend classed as? is it 'football ability'?

Of course it is an ability and a skill.

It's just not the sort I was referring to and have been commenting on.

I have admitted he is a decent defender.

It's a pity some can't admit he can't pass the ball to save himself.

pettigrewsstylist
Out of the 3 that can be considered RB (Robbie, Thomson and Jonsson) only the first 2 are actual RB's.

Csaba must question Thomsons ability or he wouldn't have converted a CM to that role.

I think if GB had been allowed to sign a RB when he wanted to RN would have been history by now.

Your forgetting what Kari arrived labelled as mate also

I think if GB had been allowed to sign a RB when he wanted to RN would have been history by now.[/QUOTE]

how do you know GB wanted to sign another RB?

have you seen the state of some of berra's passing? i suppose he's got no football ability as well?

You're flattering him.

Neilson can't pass water, he's awful with the ball at his feet. I can think of 3 shocking passes that ended out the park on Saturday. He's a steady SPL player but we could do a lot better.

He has tons of commitment but little actual footballing ability.

He is the exact opposite of Larry Kingston.

I'd rather have robbie in my team any day than larry, what ability has larry shown, except the stand around, move slow, not give a brass monkey, christ even NADE ran back to try and get the ball back after another larry feck up.

If we had ?5 for every negative comment you made we would make the Arab nations look like 3rd world nations.

Drylaw Hearts
Your forgetting what Kari arrived labelled as mate also

I always thought he was a CH who could play RB ?

Karapidis has only ever played a handful of matches at RB.

pettigrewsstylist
I always thought he was a CH who could play RB ?

Karapidis has only ever played a handful of matches at RB.

mate now your getting it(my point that is)

:mw_rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts

how do you know GB wanted to sign another RB?

He had 2 or 3 on trial including Schemmel v Middlesborough.

Jam Tarts 1874
Well, the worst anyone can say about his is that he is an accomlished defender who loses us the ball in non-danderous positions from time to time.

The question is, what have we not heard anything regarding a new contract, if as another poster seems to have confirmed, he is in his last year?

It's crazy from a business point of view, regardless of what you think of his passing ability.

If you want to know what is going on check the Hearts' website.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1486574,00.html

Charlie-Brown
have you seen the state of some of berra's passing? i suppose he's got no football ability as well?

Fullbacks in modern football get the ball in open space probably as much as any other position in the field, they have a responsiblity to begin attacking / forward moves therefore good use of the ball and not wasting or conceding possession is paramount to being a good fullback - just defending is no longer enough if teams want to progress.

Drylaw Hearts

Berra is not a great passer of the ball either.

Ok.......

He has seen off 2 or 3 RB's in the last few years - albeit none of them were actually any good.

The question is......

If these Managers/Coaches all thought he was that great why did they look for a replacement for him in the first place ?

2 or 3 RB's, aye right mate. Maybury, Thomson, Tall, Kara, Barasa, Petras. I'm fed up of Hearts fans moanng about Robbie, did you see Jason Thomson at RB last season & at the start of this. After all the Robbie-haters kept moaning about how Thomson was better, he got showed up for what he is. And last January, listening to idiots wanting Maybury back, look at him now.

I just have one question, give us a name of a player that Hearts COULD get (not Dani Alves) that would come in and take over the RB slot. There is no one.

Fullbacks in modern football get the ball in open space probably as much as any other position in the field, they have a responsiblity to begin attacking / forward moves therefore good use of the ball and not wasting or conceding possession is paramount to being a good fullback - just defending is no longer enough if teams want to progress.

fully agree with that. neilson is not the finished article and never will be but that seems to be used as some reason for people going overboard about how bad he's supposed to be.

Drylaw Hearts
I'd rather have robbie in my team any day than larry, what ability has larry shown, except the stand around, move slow, not give a brass monkey, christ even NADE ran back to try and get the ball back after another larry feck up.

If we had ?5 for every negative comment you made we would make the Arab nations look like 3rd world nations.

Nice rant although it's got nothing to do with the debate.

The question is.............

Is Robbie Neilson a good passer of the ball ?

Berra is not a great passer of the ball either.

i know, it was me that brought it up.

why then does neilson get the treatment for being a poor passer and berra gets off scot free?

fully agree with that. neilson is not the finished article and never will be but that seems to be used as some reason for people going overboard about how bad he's supposed to be.

Neilson is the finished article. Dont think he is going to get much better in his late 20's.

Charlie-Brown

Sebastian Schemmel played for Burley v Middlesbrough & Hull but couldn't agree terms or got a better offer elsewhere but he was the guy Burley wanted.

Drylaw Hearts
do you know why they were not signed?

I don't.

But I would guess that they weren't of the standard of player GB was looking to sign.

Nice rant although it's got nothing to do with the debate.

The question is.............

Is Robbie Neilson a good passer of the ball ?

tbf, thats could nothing to do with the original debate either. why not start a new thread called 'Can Robbie Neilson pass a football'?

Neilson is the finished article. Dont think he is going to get much better in his late 20's.

correct. he's limited. he's not as bad as he's being portrayed though.

I don't.

But I would guess that they weren't of the standard of player GB was looking to sign.

a guess? why bring them up then?

correct. he's limited. he's not as bad as he's being portrayed though.

I dont think many fans have a problem with his defending, Ian - problem is when we are breaking forward and he has the ball at his feet.

From where we are at the moment, Im quite happy for Robbie to be in the team. Nobody can deny that he has had a positive effect after his return from injury.

I dont think many fans have a problem with his defending, Ian - problem is when we are breaking forward and he has the ball at his feet.

From where we are at the moment, Im quite happy for Robbie to be in the team. Nobody can deny that he has had a positive effect after his return from injury.

indeed, good man.

more power to the flying elbows of robbie.

Drylaw Hearts
2 or 3 RB's, aye right mate. Maybury, Thomson, Tall, Kara, Barasa, Petras. I'm fed up of Hearts fans moanng about Robbie, did you see Jason Thomson at RB last season & at the start of this. After all the Robbie-haters kept moaning about how Thomson was better, he got showed up for what he is. And last January, listening to idiots wanting Maybury back, look at him now.

I just have one question, give us a name of a player that Hearts COULD get (not Dani Alves) that would come in and take over the RB slot. There is no one.

Maybury - Moved to LB because we didn't have another when Mahe got injured.

Thomson - Not good enough.

Tall - A Centre Half

Karapidis - A Centre Half

Barasa - Not good enough and retired through injury.

Petras - A Centre Half

Also..........

Are you saying there are no RB's that can take RN's place ?

We better hope he does sign a new deal then.

:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
tbf, thats could nothing to do with the original debate either. why not start a new thread called 'Can Robbie Neilson pass a football'?

It may not be the original debate but it sure as hell is the current debate.

Drylaw Hearts
a guess? why bring them up then?

Because they were proof that GB was looking at bringing in a RB.

Drylaw Hearts

Which is what I have been saying GA.

Which is also what I have been saying GA.

Because they were proof that GB was looking at bringing in a RB.

then why did you portray it as GB not being allowed to bring in a RB?

post #51

Drylaw Hearts
indeed, good man.

So GA questions Robbie's ability with the ball at his feet going forward (As I have) and credits his defending (As I also have) but you are agreeing with GA and disagreeing with me ?

Bizarre.

Charlie-Brown
Craig Thomson is flying at the moment. A great prospect.

His present form is giving pause for thought should a bid come in for Robbie.

This is a very interesting comment from the 'Scott Robinson' thread and probably just as apt on this thread.

Drylaw Hearts
indeed, good man.

So GA questions Robbie's ability with the ball at his feet going forward (As I have) and credits his defending (As I also have) yet you are agreeing with GA and disagreeing with me ?

Bizarre.

So GA questions Robbie's ability with the ball at his feet going forward (As I have) and credits his defending (As I also have) but you are agreeing with GA and disagreeing with me ?

Bizarre.

:D because he said he was happy with neilson being in the team.

not so bizarre after all.

Drylaw Hearts
As a matter of interest drylaw, what did you make of Pressley's ability with the ball at his feet ?

About the same as Berra's.

Drylaw Hearts
:D because he said he was happy with neilson being in the team.

not so bizarre after all.

Only because there is no better option currently available.

Which I have also stated.

i don't think he said that though. maybe he might be better to decide that.

Charlie-Brown

That is only the case in January DH however Neilson's contract expires in the summer - he might not be the best or only option come August.

Drylaw Hearts
then why did you portray it as GB not being allowed to bring in a RB?

post #51

IIRC he had a player lined up but VR signed Tall and Cammazola instead.

IIRC he had a player lined up but VR signed Tall and Cammazola instead.

but you said tall is a centre half, and cammazola is a midfielder.

i don't think you remembered correctly after all.

Dont really know much about the younger age groups at the club. From Thompson, Eggy and Kari (who played there as well a few times), Robbie is the best shout for RB.

That said, we should always be on the look out for better players than we have for the right price.

Drylaw Hearts

Are you suggesting that GA or anybody for that matter thinks that there is a better option for RB but we should play RN regardless ?

Charlie-Brown
So, tell me who is a good player ?

Berra & Pressley are/were both good central defenders and better players in their position than Neilson is in his in my opinion.

Are you suggesting that GA or anybody for that matter thinks that there is a better option for RB but we should play RN regardless ?

nope, not saying that. what i am saying is that GA can speak for himself.

Dont really know much about the younger age groups at the club. From Thompson, Eggy and Kari (who played there as well a few times), Robbie is the best shout for RB.

That said, we should always be on the look out for better players than we have for the right price.

indeed. if a better player became available in any position then you like to think they would sign them.

Drylaw Hearts
but you said tall is a centre half, and cammazola is a midfielder.

i don't think you remembered correctly after all.

?

I said GB wanted to sign a RB.

I made no reference to what position(s) Vladimir Romanov wanted to fill.

Archived