Palazuelos

The Merse

Hilary Briss
Irritates the **** out of me. How many challenges did he shirk today? Not only that but he'd have loads of room to drive on with the ball but he'd stop, cut back inside on his left and either play a sideways pass or if he was playing it forward he'd choose the wrong option.

Seriously not a fan of his.

I couldnt disagree more. The guy is a class act and I thought he was quality yesterday. He makes the odd mistake but he always wants the ball and he is really comfortable on it.......exactly what these hibs mugs dont have.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Excellent performance by Ruben yesterday and MOTM for me.

Covered every blade of grass and broke up play in midfield countless times in a very midfield dominated derby game.

He kept the head well and should be commended for his discipline so far this season while others have lost the plot.

He works tirelessly for the team and keeps going for the full 90 min.

Excellent young player and a joy to watch yesterday.

Charlie-Brown
Between the two of them, they're doing a job that it should only take 1 man to do. So it should be a stroll in the park for the pair of them.

I think Csaba needs to look at bringing in the personel to change things, so that we can switch to one defensive midfielder (which is all any team should really need) when we need to get forward.

Superb stuff JR :mw_rolleyes: are you looking for a club now you've got your Pro-License? :P

He had a good few passes which went to the opposition and he also passed the ball behind Driver when he was making a forward run at least twice.

He put in a decent effort after he got pelters for bottling a tackle early on.

An average performance IMO

Exactly. I didn't think he had a good game at all.

Karapidis was my man of the match.

I thought RUBEN did the work of two men today and was very effective in breaking things down and winning possesion. There were a couple of times when he broke forward with space in front of him and he either released the ball too early or stopped and played it sideways. That was frustrating but overall he was very good.

Thats exactly what I was getting at though.

I agree he worked hard and actually put in a good shift, I was criticising him for the above and also he bottled a couple of challenges at the start of the game.

Ruben is getting better and better; I thought he was certainly better than anyone else in midfield yesterday. Gets through a shift, holds the ball well and always looks to make a good pass. I think it's no coincidence that our recent improved results have come from a settled side with him at the heart of it.

I have to say that i am astonished in equal measures by the praise that rueben receives and the criticism that stewart gets. rueben is apparently cultured and keeps things simple rarely giving the ball away whereas stewart is constantly giving the ball away. In response I would suggest that the statistics from yesterday's game make interesting reading. ruben made 39 passes completing 77% and stewart made 44 completing 89% I am certain that the response to this will be that you can do anything with stats. all I would say is this that if anybody had a modicum of knowledge about the game they would clearly see that rueben is of no concern to the opposition he is not going to hurt you he is comfortable playing in his deep lying inside left position not picking up ,not pressing and not making runs into the box.

Dirk Diggler

Considering the players our midfield were up against, I'm struggling to give any of them pass marks.

Don't particularly rate Ruben or Stewart.

Charlie-Brown

Palazeulos is a good possession & keep the ball rotating player - puts in a decent shift although if people are fair they would recognise that he isn't the strongest defensively nor the most incisive attacking player, he is however a clever player and (mostly) uses the ball well so is better in games against teams when giving the ball away can be very costly - doesn't do as well in some of the grittier scrappy SPL games, it's horses for courses.

Archived