Palazuelos

The Merse

Irritates the **** out of me. How many challenges did he shirk today? Not only that but he'd have loads of room to drive on with the ball but he'd stop, cut back inside on his left and either play a sideways pass or if he was playing it forward he'd choose the wrong option.

Seriously not a fan of his.

Thought he was better than Stewart but that's about it.

Pretty much everyone was better than Bambi. He was on his erse a ridiculous amount of times.

Jam Tarts 1874

Didn't get forward as much as he could have. But did a lot of dirty work in terms of breaking stuff up in midfield and also managed to find his teamates quickly when he was in possession. Typical 7/10 performance.

Irritates the **** out of me. How many challenges did he shirk today? Not only that but he'd have loads of room to drive on with the ball but he'd stop, cut back inside on his left and either play a sideways pass or if he was playing it forward he'd choose the wrong option.

Without Ruben in Mid we would have lost it there.

This season for me Ruben has been a whole lot more positive in going forward. At times he was playing with not much support from some around him if you take into account the lack of input from Stewart/Kingston. On this board tonight he gets more c..p at times than others who both last seaon and this get away with murder. Remember for a player that seems to have as many "bad" as "good" games, we voted him "Player of the Year" last season.

The Comedian

Ruben plays best with Bruno and vice versa. Stewert should be benched when Bruno is fit and at the very least not play behind the striker when he Isn't.

Didn't get forward as much as he could have. But did a lot of dirty work in terms of breaking stuff up in midfield and also managed to find his teamates quickly when he was in possession. Typical 7/10 performance.

This is when I wonder why I bother with messageboards.

Rubens job is not to get forward. That's Larry, Driver and Stewart's job. Ruben's is to sit alongside Karipidis and protect the back 4.

I thought ruben had a good game today.

I agree with the comment above. Ruben with Aguiar in the middle is an excellent combo. Ruben with Stewart is not the same. Stewart just doesn?t know when to put his foot through the ball and when to dink it. He tries to have a light touch all the time and ends up looking a bit powder puff. Ruben got the weight/direction wrong on a couple of glaring instances but on the whole he finds his man a lot more than Stewart does...

Tynecastle Valhalla

he did lot of stuff that he won't get credit for, had a solid game. not one of his best but we need him in the team

Jam Tarts 1874

Rubens job is not to get forward. That's Larry, Driver and Stewart's job. Ruben's is to sit alongside Karipidis and protect the back 4.

With Hearts over-loading the midfield, there are opportunities for Ruben to get forward and he regularly does, it just didn't happen much today.

I get the impression that you must be some kind of hermit if you can't be "bothered" with other people's opinions?!

Chris Benoit
This season for me Ruben has been a whole lot more positive in going forward. At times he was playing with not much support from some around him if you take into account the lack of input from Stewart/Kingston. On this board tonight he gets more c..p at times than others who both last seaon and this get away with murder. Remember for a player that seems to have as many "bad" as "good" games, we voted him "Player of the Year" last season.

I didn't, thought he was below average today but still shaded it over Stewart who i thought started to look good when Glen came on but was useless after half time, would like to see Karipidis and Jonnson the two sitting in MF with Glen/Bruno in front of them

aitcheeayartees

I thought he had both good and bad spells but i cant fault him for effort.

overall fairly solid performance from him.

I quite like Ruben but I didn't think today was one of his better performances.

Him and Stewart don't go together.

Gees, look around in that team today, apart from the goalkeeper that back four and Ruben and Kari who did much to impress. NOT the forwards who could not evan hit Riorden if he was standing next to them in the Three Sisters, if he could get in that is. I thought, that with little support, Ruby was a head an shoulders above the rest.

I am a fan of Palazuelos. I feel he adds to our midfield. Today, was a mixed performance. He won the ball well then failed to distribute it to his team mates. IMO, he is a great player, but today was not the day to label him either way.

sandyseymour

best of the MF...Stewart was poor in first half improved later on.....when asked to play MF role rather than in the hole...:)

Ryan Taylor19

Ruben had a very sound game today. I really like him because he does everything he needs to and does it well. To be honest we could have players like sol bamba playing instead so im not complaining. People are intitled to their opinions but i can't see how he had a bad game but thats just me.

When it seems that Shaba see's Rbuen and Stewart as the issue for the "Holding" spot. Then you tell me who you would like to see in this position. Ruben will play week in and out as Micky will be sitting in the stand watching.

if that is genuinly your opinion you no nothing about football. Ruben was one of our best players today!

Do agree that sometimes he jumps over tackles but no complaints about his play. Composed, intelligent and useful on the ball.

Ruben is what you might call a "cultured" footballer.

He is not one for crunching tackles, grass in the mouth and a dirty kit.

He is good at the continental type of football, where you have way more time on the ball and are able to make the killer passes and intelligent movement we have seen from him in flashes.

When teams give us time and space in midfield, he is a good player for us. When it's a 100mph school playground type of game (i.e. 70% of SPL games) he seems to fade out.

Just watching the re-run on Sultanta and Ruben was excellent which is just what I thought at the match, MOM for me, Ok the passing side was not the best but he broke up just about every Hobo attack. Just my opinion tho.

shaun.lawson
I quite like Ruben but I didn't think today was one of his better performances.

Him and Stewart don't go together.

To be fair, for the first time since Burley, I like most of our team. Bruno, Driver, Berra and Eggert especially; Robbie, The Balogh and Kari too. Then comes Ruben - and even Miko and Chesney gets thumbs up from me now. I'm not sold on Wallace yet, but he's certainly getting there: so the only ones who often annoy me are Kingston when he can't be arsed, or Nade on days like today. And finally Stewart, who is seriously wasting his talent. But that's a huge improvement on only a few months ago overall!

When it seems that Shaba see's Rbuen and Stewart as the issue for the "Holding" spot. Then you tell me who you would like to see in this position. Ruben will play week in and out as Micky will be sitting in the stand watching.

Well said Jambo Jim, Mickey will be (hopefully) back out the team when bruno returns. Ruben had a really good game today and he has been harder and stronger in the tackles lately. Ruben broke up alot of Hibs attacks and offered great support to the defence.

Thunderstruck
Just watching the re-run on Sultanta and Ruben was excellent which is just what I thought at the match, MOM for me, Ok the passing side was not the best but he broke up just about every Hobo attack. Just my opinion tho.

Ditto and, to be fair, every outfield player was guilty at one stage or another of misplacing a pass or two.

sandylejambo

it just goes to show how people see things that others dont, i thought he was in for a shout as man of the match, my boy thought he was a bit of the pace

Sorry I thought Ruben was quality today.

He had some nice passes, but ultimately he is a big fairy. Scared to tackle, Scared to be tackled, and his passes under pressure are in the main awful.

Great if given time and space - not likely in a Derby match.

Palazuelos,for most of todays game, did his AND Stewarts work.

He didnt do it outstandingly but i thought he was solid.

Christ we don't half have some half wits in our support. Palazuelos was easily one of our best 3 players and our best midfielder by a mile. He keeps possession, has excellent technique and is adapting to the pace of the SPL very well. It isn't his fault the squad is completely lacking an attacking midfielder to play in front of him and Karipidis and is never going to be a goal threat.

I am a fan of Palazuelos. I feel he adds to our midfield. Today, was a mixed performance. He won the ball well then failed to distribute it to his team mates. IMO, he is a great player, but today was not the day to label him either way.

what he said

If it wasn't for rub yesterday in midfield , god knows what would have happened.

Was not his best game but think he is a great player for us , he just needs the support from his fellow jumbo's...

;725046']If it wasn't for rub yesterday in midfield ' date=' god knows what would have happened.

Was not his best game but think he is a great player for us , he just needs the support from his fellow jumbo's...[/quote']

take a run and jump vermin. not hard to see your hibee filth

Christ we don't half have some half wits in our support. Palazuelos was easily one of our best 3 players and our best midfielder by a mile. He keeps possession, has excellent technique and is adapting to the pace of the SPL very well. It isn't his fault the squad is completely lacking an attacking midfielder to play in front of him and Karipidis and is never going to be a goal threat.

Halfwits? Very nice.

I could easily call you a halfwit for your opinion on him, but I won't. As Drylaw says he chose the wrong option far too often.

Guest JamboRobbo

Between the two of them, they're doing a job that it should only take 1 man to do. So it should be a stroll in the park for the pair of them.

I think Csaba needs to look at bringing in the personel to change things, so that we can switch to one defensive midfielder (which is all any team should really need) when we need to get forward.

Ernie Eskilsson

I thought RUBEN did the work of two men today and was very effective in breaking things down and winning possesion. There were a couple of times when he broke forward with space in front of him and he either released the ball too early or stopped and played it sideways. That was frustrating but overall he was very good.

portobellojambo1
I thought ruben had a good game today.

Agree, especially when you look at the non contribution from the likes of Stewart and Kingston.

Someone posted the Hibs team on here the other night, and virtually all the responses were along the lines of "we will run all over them in midfield, they don't have anyone there". Truth is we failed to do that because the only two functioning properly were those whose duties are more defensive, Karipidis and Palazuelos, the attacking trio of Kingston, Stewart and Driver produced the square root of zero. I agree with those that indicate there were a couple of honking passes included in the performance of Palazuelos, but overall he played well, and was not to blame for any of our failures.

Toxteth O'Grady

He had a good few passes which went to the opposition and he also passed the ball behind Driver when he was making a forward run at least twice.

He put in a decent effort after he got pelters for bottling a tackle early on.

An average performance IMO

Thought he played well good holding midfielder only complaint i have is hiss passing sometimes goes wayward, bur he can work on that.

Archived