Robbie Neilson (merged threads)

Carl Weathers

His form since coming back has been good. I wouldn't grudge him a call-up, although i'm not sure how other RBs are playing.

Thought he was really good today.

Deserves a Scotland call up, imo.

And he,ll get one.

But he,ll be plying his trade at Ibrox when he does.

Carl Weathers
His form since coming back has been good. I wouldn't grudge him a call-up, although i'm not sure how other RBs are playing.

Hutton is injured, so Clubfoot has the jersey.

Isaac Begbie

Good player and im glad he's back from injury, but his distribution still lets him down too often and is the reason he'll never be a top class player.

Robbie for Scotland?

Balls.

He's too good for Scotland.

Let him play for Brazil.

He's better than Cafu in disguise now.

Deodato

vlad on the tyne

Robbie's performance was more than acceptable today IMHO as was Berra's.

Stewart and Kingston on the other hand :evilno:

Kingston purely went through the motions today...did he have a cold/flu?

Nothing really came off for Stewart today and its only when Bruno's no there you see how bad Stewart's delivery from set pieces are. too casual in possession and was muscled out of things by Bambi too often.

thought glen made an impact today. Csaba has to wake up and smell the coffee, glen is a better more effective option than Mole.

Two points dropped against a team that was there to be beaten but there were This may give Csaba confidence to be a bit more adventurous at home in future.

He was excellent today. Really showed desire and spirit. It would be more of hit to us if he left moreso than Kingston.

Rod.

Jam Tarts 1874

Robbie is benefitting from no longer having Miko/Chesney playing ahead of him. I have always felt that constantly having Miko in right midfield during 2006/07 ruined Robbie's game.

jamboinglasgow

I was a critic of Neilson last season and at the begining of the season I wasn't too sad he was injured, but since coming back he has changed my attitude towards him completely. He has such passion today and chased every ball near him. He is using himself down the line, him and chesney were linking up well, I think he would work well with a better (or more commited) RM than Kingston infront of him.

robbie neilson was superb today a love when he does well because it get's on the guys next to me's nerves because he has nothing to moan about

well done robbie there was a few stand outs today tho

Captain Sausage

His distribution is still quite poor but his defending today was nothing short of magnificent. His double team with Berra of Fletcher was typical of our defence today.

Used to think we could easily go on without him but it would appear he is proving most of us wrong! And I couldn't be happier for him doing that.

Drylaw Hearts

The amount of times he needlessly puts the ball out of the park astounds me.

Other than that......

A pretty solid match.

I thought Robbie had a decent game today. He stood off the ball well, but IMO he needs to occasionally put in a tackle. I know its all good for standing off your man but when he is still pressurising you and making advance a tackle needs to go in. Although having said that his passing was good and so was his defending. I'll agree with others in saying that he had improved considerably since returning.

6.5/10

jambos are go!

Robbie is World Class but still has his critics on here funnily enough. He would be a serious contender for the right back slot for any team in the world.

Robbie played really well today. His attitude compared to Kingston was massive and shows what happens when you give it everything.

He is a crucial part to our team and we've got to get him signed up on a contract and if Berra leaves, he should be the captain.

Captain Sausage
Robbie is World Class but still has his critics on here funnily enough. He would be a serious contender for the right back slot for any team in the world.

Wow.

:rofl:

He will get that once he signs for the "Huns".:mad:

Thought he was really good today.

Deserves a Scotland call up, imo.

Harry Palmer

Mr Neilson has shown class and character even when many have been against him.

Mr Neilson showed again this afternoon, why he is important to Heart of Midlothian FC. Mr Neilson: The reason we won the cup in 2006. FACT.

When Scotland's right back is Kirk Broadfoot Robbie should be in the Scotland team.

Yup. frightening though...

BACK AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD SONNY...

Carl Weathers

In the past I thought Neilson was pretty average but put in the odd good game/the odd shocker. This season, since he's been fit, I think he's been excellent. I hope it continues and he decides to stay with the club.

Thing i like about Robbie , he got a lot of critisism last year for being pants but he always put 110 % in and he wears his Heart on his sleeve and hes came back a different player since being injured , Well Done Boabie :D

I think the thing that's been overlooked in this entire thread, is that we very nearly scored from one of Bob "Slugger" Neilson's throw-ins today. As good as a corner...

Ibrahim Tall

Few drinks pre-match?(& during & after)

:D

Jam Tarts 1874

George Burley was at the game today, surely he can't have failed to notice that Robbie is better than any of the jokers who have had a go at being Scotland's right back over the past couple of years.

IMO Robbie has been outstanding since his return. But then again folk may say I am biased. He had a great game today as did Jonsson

Robbie's performance was more than acceptable today IMHO as was Berra's.

Stewart and Kingston on the other hand :evilno:

Kingston purely went through the motions today...did he have a cold/flu?

Nothing really came off for Stewart today and its only when Bruno's no there you see how bad Stewart's delivery from set pieces are. too casual in possession and was muscled out of things by Bambi too often.

thought glen made an impact today. Csaba has to wake up and smell the coffee, glen is a better more effective option than Mole.

Two points dropped against a team that was there to be beaten but there were This may give Csaba confidence to be a bit more adventurous at home in future.

Spot on, but can I put in a word for Reuben. Another classy performance from the ebst midfielder on the pitch.

The only time Ive seen Robbie live was in Canada. At half time I asked my son a qualified juvenile coach, what changes he would make. He didnt know the names so he gave the numbers of the players he would take off. They were Simmons, Wyness and Neilson. I had to agree with him, Robbie reminded me of Davie Weir trying to catch the Moroccan winger in the 98 world cup.

Full credit to the guy, he is a very much improved player and appears to have increased pace and has a very good attitude

The only time Ive seen Robbie live was in Canada. At half time I asked my son a qualified juvenile coach, what changes he would make. He didnt know the names so he gave the numbers of the players he would take off. They were Simmons, Wyness and Neilson. I had to agree with him, Robbie reminded me of Davie Weir trying to catch the Moroccan winger in the 98 world cup.

Full credit to the guy, he is a very much improved player and appears to have increased pace and has a very good attitude

enough already

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

For me, both sides of Robbies' game were seen today as usual.

In the first half, valiantly defending and trying to set up forward moves hamstrung by that lazy, arrogant wee gobsh yte Kingston.

But in the second half we saw the usual Robbie, poor play, very badly weighted passes and failure to control the ball.

But I would still rate him highly and in the absence of anyone better, he is a serious loss to the strength of our defence which has improved dramatically since he returned from injury.

Robbie has been a breath of fresh air since he came back into the team. IMO we need to do all we can to not sell him or Berra in January. Driver should be kept as well if possible. Any one of the rest would not be a huge miss.

Considering he was, by a mile, our best player today I'm amazed there's not a thread about him today.

I agree with you Dave.

Thought he was superb today.

:)

Drylaw Hearts
Am I going mad or is that thread from yesterday and nothing to do with today's performance?

Look at a Calandar.

Look at a Calandar.

Nothing to do with a calender. It says yesterday to me. The thing that's confusing me is they're praising him for 'today's' performance. Bizarre!

Archived