Calum Murray

Jambo66

Thought Murray had a decent game, he did get the bambi challenge wrong though bambi had been constantly fouling all game. It was clumsy and a definate foul. Not so sure about the Berra one. Have to watch the highlights. Apart from that one decision (Bambi in Nade) i think he reffed the game well and allowed the game to flow, he wasnt whistle happy like many refs, and allowed some good advantages, when many a ref woud have stopped the game and given the free kick.

Overall he had a good game today - credit where credit's due. Given the controversy over so many penalty decisions I actually like a referee who is only going to give a penalty when he's damn sure that it is one. It's good also to see the respect that the players showed the ref today, something which he earned and a stark contrast to Brines last week. Berra's booking was wrong but is yet more evidence that we actually need all four officials to be on form for a game to be officiated well, something which happens pretty rarely.

portobellojambo1
Tarnished it a bit by going out his way to prove he isn`t biased.

I thought he did well today Debut_4, but would agree there was probably a bit of that involved in it. Whereas some referees destroy games by booking/sending off people for nothing, he possibly erred on the side of caution, and left it a little late to start bringing out the yellow cards. But I don't think his failure to book players affected how the match panned out, the main bone of contention was the two penalty incidents, where I think most have agreed, we would have taken them if given for us, but would have been severely p i s s e d off if they had been given against us, which suggests they weren't clear cut "stonewall" penalties.

I am sure there was a game once before at Tynecastle which he refereed where folk on here came to a similar conclusion, that he had refereed well, but had possibly refereed it in a way that showed that as a Hearts fan, he wasn't biased towards Hearts.

Surely that is what we are actually looking for, referees that can referee games, without showing outright bias towards one team. If referees referee games in accordance with the rules, and apply those rules consistently, there would be a lot less complaints from fans.

Maroon Mayhem
Bull

Stevenson, Murray, Thicot and Fletcher all got to foul their way through the game and only got booked when they actually almost did serious harm.

Stevenson would probably have had to stab someone to get a red card today.

You're obviously the new Prancer - posting rubbish to seek attention.

The referee had an excellent game today and in his opinion (which is the only opinion that really matters) he only got his cards out when he saw it necessary.

You're obviously the new Prancer - posting rubbish to seek attention.

It is Prancer.

He's just using a different name now.

Unfortunately he's still posting the same old sheeite as he always has.

I have not seen the incidents on TV yet but I thought the ref done well and is definitely one of the better ones. Felt at the time we should have had a pen though and no idea why Berra was booked although it was is assistants that decided that one.

He really should have booked Fletcher for persistent fouling.

Fletcher should have been booked for not retreating 10 yards when he stopped a quck free kick.

Bamba penalty should have been given.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Excellent refereeing performance for me.

Let the game flow and ignored a few contentious issues early on,like Fletchers moaning and a few flailing elbows and the like.

I wasnt sure about either penalty shouts at the game so fair play if the ref was not 100% either.

But.....

The ref should be rightly praised for his performance but should we really be thanking the GFA for having a wee word in his ear about it being a derby game live on the box in the festive period with a probable large audience.

Keep the game flowing by sometimes flouting the rules that they uphold every other week.

All conjecture of course,but iam sure it will be back to normal against Murderbaw midweek with a splattering of cards and dubious decisions. :rolleyes:

Babyjam-hmfc
Good refs = Stuart Dougal, Craig Thomson, Calum Murray

Bad refs = Iain Brines, Dougie McDonald, Mike McCurry

Anyone disagree?

Agree on the whole - apart from Stuart Dougal being in the "good refs" category.

Agree on the whole - apart from Stuart Dougal being in the "good refs" category.

Used to be but has decreased rapidly. I lost respect for him after the Motherwell Cup games. It seemed like he knew Motherwell had to progress and even bottled booking David Clarkson, for diving, for obvious reasons. I'll admit it was a penalty in the replay though.

He had a decent game with the exception of the only real decision he had to make which was the stonewall penalty shout. He was also perfectly placed for making it and confirmed just how bad a decision it was by giving two free kicks in the following 15 minutes for jumping which were nowhere near as bad as what Nade suffered.

How anyone could describe that as an excellent performance is beyond me. Are our standards really lowered that much?

Also notice the linesman didn't feel the need to pull the game back for it either. Really think that nonsense will only ever happen to us.

Used to be but has decreased rapidly. I lost respect for him after the Motherwell Cup games. It seemed like he knew Motherwell had to progress and even bottled booking David Clarkson, for diving, for obvious reasons. I'll admit it was a penalty in the replay though.

Do you think there was some P. O'Donnell sympathy wave going through the SFA ranks then ?

I was totally bemused with SD's performance that night. I doubt John O'Boyle himself could have been any more pro Motherwell and it stank of something ? Maybe that's why he left the field at H/T .........simply couldn't 'fake it' any longer perhaps.

Archived