Calum Murray

Jambo66

No doubt, people will be on shortly to say he had a good game. By and large that is true. But, he was asked to make 2 big calls and got them both wrong. Bambi's foul on Nade and Murray's on Berra. Both penalties, both stonewallers - but not in Scotland.

Geoff Kilpatrick
No doubt, people will be on shortly to say he had a good game. By and large that is true. But, he was asked to make 2 big calls and got them both wrong. Bambi's foul on Nade and Murray's on Berra. Both penalties, both stonewallers - but not in Scotland.

I agree they were definitely penalties but I'm not so sure about being stonewall. Put it this way, if it had been reversed there would be all sorts of arguments on here about those decisions.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm not blaming the ref but if Bambas challenge on Nade was anywhere else on the pitch it's a foul 10 times out of 10.

****ing FACT.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

To be fair to the ref I thought Berra fell very easily until I saw the replay. The elbow was only obvious from the replay angle. Definite penalty, but you can't really blame a ref for missing it.

Jam Tarts 1874

Fletcher getting away with a cyncial, professional and dangerous hacking down of Jonsson just summed up which way the ref wanted things to go.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Fletcher getting away with a cyncial, professional and dangerous hacking down of Jonsson just summed up which way the ref wanted things to go.

Did you think that ref was crooked?

J.T.F.Robertson

Maybe as a supposed Hearts' fan, the ref was of a mind to show his impartiality? Both could have been penalties, especially so, the Bamba one.

heartsfc_fan

I'd agree with the Bamba challenge...penalty

Apart from that I think the ref had a good game.

Bamba's challenge on Nade was a stick-on, his knees were on Nade's shoulders ffs :mad:

Not too sure about Murray's one though, think we would have been raging if it'd been given against us. Although I thought Murray should have been sent off in the first half, he didnae do anything mind, he's just a d'ck.

All in all though, ref was guid the day, the two bookings at the end were on the advice of the linesman so not really his fault.

hearts_crazy

He had a million times better game than that plum Brines last week anyway. I do agree though that it was a penalty on Nade and Berra's booking was a joke. Overall he had a really good game and let the game flow. I'm willing to bet ten zillion quid that if Ian Brines had been refereeing this one we would have ended up with 10 v 9 or something with everyone else on a booking and scared to touch the ball, not to mention a stoppage every minute of the game.

At that point he hadn't booked anyone so I wasn't too bothered.

I was more upset 2 minutes later when he barged Neilson for the 3rd time straight after getting a final warning for the tackle mentioned above.

Jam Tarts 1874
At that point he hadn't booked anyone so I wasn't too bothered.

I was more upset 2 minutes later when he barged Neilson for the 3rd time straight after getting a final warning for the tackle mentioned above.

That should be irrelevant, it was a professional foul and a very dangerous one at that. If that had been an Hearts player, even in the first 30 seconds, you can be sure that it would have been a booking.

The Bamba one Murray probably didn't want to give a penalty for what could be a debatable decision. It's an unusual foul by Bamba and so a penalty decision could be scrutinised.

No idea about the elbow on Berra. Looked like a defo penalty from where I was.

Poor linesman with the Murray/Berra incident.

Maybe as a supposed Hearts' fan, the ref was of a mind to show his impartiality? Both could have been penalties, especially so, the Bamba one.

No two ways about, the ref was a definite jambo as a kid, I went to several games with him, and as a perhaps interesting bit of trivia he knocked around in the same gang as "Frankie Poullain" who was papped out of "The Darkness".

Thought he kept the game flowing and no mean feat to keep his cards in his pocket until 70 minutes.

The ref was clearly not going to give Hearts anything.

Laughable.

The referee was fine, aside from bottling the penalty call.

The ref was fine today. Berra's booking looked wrong (from the other end of the ground) but that was given by the assistant ref I think.

It looked like the ref was determined to ignore trivial things and keep the game flowing. Good performance.

What about Thicot fouling Nade at least 8 times in the match ?

Including a rugby tackle ?

Guest jambomickey

i thought the ref had a decent game to be honest and if our finishing had been better nobody would have mentioned the ref

That should be irrelevant, it was a professional foul and a very dangerous one at that. If that had been an Hearts player, even in the first 30 seconds, you can be sure that it would have been a booking.

mikey stewart moments before pulled back sol bamba which is also an automatic booking but he let that go.

I thought the ref had a good game, he let the game flow without stopping it every 2 mins and booking players left right and centre.. I do think he was wrong for booking berra when him and that **** had a wee tussle on the floor, and nade should have had a penalty for bambi trying to jump over him like he was jumpin over some hurddels...

Apart from that ref done well, for once!

Definately the best ref I've seen this season. I shouted for the Bamba foul but I had a feeling that either side would only get a penalty for a bad tackle as opposed to a "less obvious" foul like Bamba's.

We'll not let the Hobos off next week.

I wish Dougie McDonald could be impartial like that.

I thought he was one of the better ones we have had this season burt how he never booked Fletcher is beyond me.

He fouled throughout the whole game and the ref spoke to him and he still never booked him when he fouled again not long after being spoken to.

Mind you he made up for it by booking Rearend for his one and only challenge throughout the whole game.:laugh:

I was quite happy with the ref, the foul on Nade looked a stick on but if I'm being honest to myself, if Berra had gone into a challenge like that and had the penalty given against us I'd be fuming but probably cos I'm biased

Can't remember the foul from Murray on Berra to be honest (1st half or 2nd) and the booking for Berra was based on the assistants interpretation which he had to go with so he's blameless for that

We probably should have had a penalty but all in all I thought the ref handled the game very well and could defnitely teach Brines a thing or two.

Paisley Jambo

I agree with Nade, but with Berra I would have been annoyed if it was given against us.

Better than Brines, but a sad day if that clown is a benchmark.

Interesting to note negative comments about his(Brines) performance on Radio Scotland this evening.

How many screw ups does that man get to make before he is binned?

I thought the 2 main things he got wrong was the persistant fouling by Fletcher going unpunished and the failure to book the Hibs player when he rugby tackled Nade to the ground.

fletcher should have been booked for not allowing stewart to take a freekick.

other than that the ref was a definite improvement on some of the sfa sympathisers we've had lately.

portobellojambo1

Both could have been given as penalties, but if they had been given as penalties against HMFC I would have been fuming, so stonewall, no.

I actually thought the referee did very well.

Tv pictures showed Murray elbow Berra right in the coupon. No Question should have been off. Can't understand why deliberate elbowing is not a straight red. After all ,what's the difference between an elbow in the cops and a punch. Bamaba's challenge was a comedy classic. He ended up vaulting over Nade. Even Lovell said it was a stick on pen however unlike the Jonsonn incident at easter road they did not replay it ad nauseum. Btw Lovell really showed his true clours today. Constantly talked about hibs and how well they were containing hearts midfield. At one point he said I'm afraid Hearts have just not done enough for me. This, after hitting the woodwork three times , two good pen claims and various other shots on target. Had a bit of respect for him before today. His paper column is often quite balanced but just sounded like a hibby on the terracing today.

Don`t like Murray getting Hearts games. He goes out his road to prove he isn`t biased and never gives Hearts big decisions.

He is a decent ref though.

shaun.lawson

Good refs = Stuart Dougal, Craig Thomson, Calum Murray

Bad refs = Iain Brines, Dougie McDonald, Mike McCurry

Anyone disagree?

Harry Palmer

I felt the referee today was competent. Given what we have to put up with most weeks, that means he was exceptional.

I felt he kept control of the match until the rats made it inevitable that they would be shown a yellow card, as they began to buckle under pressure.

I also felt, and was screaming for, Steven 'REAL' Fletcher to be booked for his overuse of the elbows/'Physique,' not in line with flair. Judging on today, Bambi may be the Rats only asset.

However, who is ref next week?

Brines? McHobo?

Shaun: Competent (sometimes crap) refs= Who you stated!; Bad/Incompetent refs= The Rest ie majority.

I think it's only fair that Calumn Murray gets a wee bit praise today. Reffed the game sensibly ( yikes ! ) and allowed it to flow. Perhaps a bit lenient with Fletcher though, who could have easily seen 2 yellows for persistent fouling - using the standard normally applied to ourselves :evilno:

Bottom line for me though was that it was nice to be able to have both eyes on the game for once, and not keep one trained on the ref waiting for some utterly outrageous call to put HIM in the spotlight :mw_rolleyes:

shaun.lawson
I felt the referee today was competent. Given what we have to put up with most weeks, that means he was exceptional.

I felt he kept control of the match until the rats made it inevitable that they would be shown a yellow card, as they began to buckle under pressure.

I also felt, and was screaming for, Steven 'REAL' Fletcher to be booked for his overuse of the elbows/'Physique,' not in line with flair. Judging on today, Bambi may be the Rats only asset.

However, who is ref next week?

Brines? McHobo?

Shaun: Competent (sometimes crap) refs= Who you stated!; Bad/Incompetent refs= The Rest ie majority.

I've got a hunch they'll pick Thomson. Even the SFA wouldn't inflict Brines on us again so soon!

Good refs = Stuart Dougal, Craig Thomson, Calum Murray

Bad refs = Iain Brines, Dougie McDonald, Mike McCurry

Anyone disagree?

Used to be but he's been absolutely terrible the last 3 or 4 times he's reffed us.

I would say the berra one was more obvious although if we had lost a similar penalty I would have been seething.

I find it absolutely unbelievable that Murray wasnt red carded for his assault on Berra, and even moreso that Berra was yellow carded for feck all.

Callum Murray had a good game today, one of the best scottish refreeing performances I have seen.

Bull

Stevenson, Murray, Thicot and Fletcher all got to foul their way through the game and only got booked when they actually almost did serious harm.

Stevenson would probably have had to stab someone to get a red card today.

Callum Murray had a good game today, one of the best scottish refreeing performances I have seen.

Tarnished it a bit by going out his way toprove he isn`t biased. He is turning out to be a good ref but i hate him getting our games.

Yet to see him have the bottle to give us a big decision and there was at least one today.

Used to be but he's been absolutely terrible the last 3 or 4 times he's reffed us.

Correct, was regarded as the top man by many on here .........but has reverted to towing the party line for some reason ?

His performance in the cup replay at Motherwell was a disgrace :mad:

shaun.lawson

Mmm, fair dos. His last Hearts game was at Ibrox when Miko was sent off, I think? I've actually never seen the footage of the penalty he gave against us at Fir Park: gonna go and check that now!

Thinking about it, I should've added Charlie 'potty mouth' Richmond and Alan Freeland into the 'bad' category - and maybe Bill Collum into the 'good' one. Kenny Clark's not that bad either.

Bull

Stevenson, Murray, Thicot and Fletcher all got to foul their way through the game and only got booked when they actually almost did serious harm.

Stevenson would probably have had to stab someone to get a red card today.

He never booked them fair enough, but how many times in Scotland do you see a performance like that, which was not great but was good. You either not enough bookings or too many. To be fair to you though I do see where you are coming from they should have been booked.

Tarnished it a bit by going out his way toprove he isn`t biased. He is turning out to be a good ref but i hate him getting our games.

Yet to see him have the bottle to give us a big decision and there was at least one today.

The point about not giving the big decision is actually spot on!

Having watched the replay I am disappointed not to get a penalty today for the Nade incident but the Murray one was on his blind side and so can let that one go notwithstanding if had been seen Murray should have been off. Now the Fracas in corner looked a sending off for Murray to me from the other ensd of the ground but I probably had a better view than either of the assistants of it I just don't know how murray gets away with it.

I think overall he was certainly a btter ref than we have had for ages

Archived