Minutes silence for George Miller

Commander Harris

Obviously you don't recognise that Mr Mercer's attempts to close down Hibs made him a target for deep dislike by all Hibs fans and thus "fair game" for the slightly distasteful song which plays on the fact Hibs are still in existence when others aren't. So I am tainted as one of these creatures as you describe them.

D'you know what? I'm not ****ing debating this with you.

IF IT WASN'T FOR MERCER'S BID (AND IT WAS ONLY A ****ING BID) THEN DUFF AND GRAY WOULD HAVE RUN YOU OUT OF ****ING EXISTENCE.

MERCER ****ING SAVED YOU.

Now, hopefully that was big and clear enough for someone of your limited intellect to understand.

And to call the song "slightly distateful" does mark you out as "one of these creatures".

Now kindly **** off you lowlife *******.

Thanks.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obviously you don't recognise that Mr Mercer's attempts to close down Hibs made him a target for deep dislike by all Hibs fans and thus "fair game" for the slightly distasteful song which plays on the

So, you admitting to singing that song then?

Obviously you don't recognise that Mr Mercer's attempts to close down Hibs made him a target for deep dislike by all Hibs fans and thus "fair game" for the slightly distasteful song which plays on the fact Hibs are still in existence when others aren't. So I am tainted as one of these creatures as you describe them.

All football clubs have a few nutcases as fans - Hibs do Hearts do but I do think both clubs avoid the deep hatred that can be viewed as part of the Old Firm derby experience. Just try and think Hibs fans wish the same for their club as Hearts fans do for their club, including enjoying and wishing for success against the club they share the city with.

But try and avoid the deluded and dangerous thinking that Hearts fans are in some way morally superior to Hibees fans. Its just nonsense and at the end of the day encourages the ned and can lead to violence and all the bad behaviour that hopefully has been in the main stamped out from football.

Slightly distastefull? singing about a man who died from a terminal illness.

Why dont you you just F Off back to your junkie squaller you piece of trash, and you lot wonder why we tar all hobos as low lifes when you try to justify songs like that. Next you'll be telling us Ratboy isn't a racist.

FTH

This whole paragraph, this part in bold is incredible

I don't think Hearts supporters in general are morally abhorrent and repugnent and its quite sad that you think that about a large number of fellow Edinburgh citizens who choose to support a different football team to you. But if thats what winds you up prior to a derby then each to his own!

He was responding to this.

Fair enough.

I'll be absolutely stunned however if a support who will get scooped up, and sing songs about the death of a man that ultimately saved their pishpoor excuse of a club DON'T disgrace themselves.

As the support they are morally abhorrent and quite, quite repugnant.

So again, what was patronising?

He was responding to this.

So again, what was patronising?

Fair cop, did not read the quote:xmaseye::xmaseye::xmaseye:

Apologies to the BishyHibby on that point.

Hope your team get a humping tomorrow

Faar cop, did not read the quote:xmaseye::xmaseye::xmaseye:

Apologies to the BishyHibby on that point.

Hope your team get a humping tomorrow

Fair enough. FWIW I hope the silence is respected.

Calum Anderson
Slightly distastefull? singing about a man who died from a terminal illness.

Why dont you you just F Off back to your junkie squaller you piece of trash, and you lot wonder why we tar all hobos as low lifes when you try to justify songs like that. Next you'll be telling us Ratboy isn't a racist.

FTH

Why would you tar "all" Hibs fans as low lifes because of one person's post?

Why would you tar "all" Hibs fans as low lifes because of one person's post?

Because he came on as portraying himself as one of the supposed decent vermin, yet still manages to add in that comment. He spoke for the Hibs fans. Any hobo that finds the WM offensive is within their rights to come on here and say so. I won't hold my breath though. This makes them all low life

Obviously you don't recognise that Mr Mercer's attempts to close down Hibs made him a target for deep dislike by all Hibs fans and thus

DuffJimmy1875
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=138871

They really are pondlife.

Now Mercer etc whilst not condoning I can see why it would happen, but , the fact they seem to think booing Miller is a sure thing is very sad

They really are ****.

I hope to **** - as do the vast majority of posters on the thread quoted - that all Hibs fans respect the minute's silence impeccably. There are - IMO - no excuses for not doing so. Bugger this "oh, they'll be a few ****heads that have been drinking since 9am ****e" I'll be one of them (i.e. drinking since early am in the Roseburn), but I have enough human compassion to be respectful for the memory of a recently deceased man.

Sadly, and I have no qualms about saying this, as with every other SPL club including Hearts, there is a small percentage of the Hibs support whose brain is not fully wired up and will probably see no wrong-doing in singing songs during a minute's silence just to - in their own minds only - prove how much they hate Hearts, whereas the remaining 95% of us in the Roseburn Stand think they are bang out of order and want stringing up by the testicles.

Like I say, I hope to be proven completely wrong, but I apologise in advance if any fuddly ruins the minute's silence.

"Slightly distasteful"

Will be great to be able to sing about your death when Hearts are still in existence will it?

Bloody nora.

"Slightly distasteful"

Will be great to be able to sing about your death when Hearts are still in existence will it?

Bloody nora.

I wonder where this absolute idiot stands on child abuse?

Probably "fair game".

Anyone here willing to admit disrupting the minute (cut to 25 seconds) silence for Pope John Paul II...?

Booing a minutes silence for anyone is poor form. Perhaps niaively, I expect the Hibs fans to respect the silence but, given the option, I'd always prefer a minutes applause given that it only takes one or two clowns to ruin a silent tribute.

Anyone here willing to admit disrupting the minute (cut to 25 seconds) silence for Pope John Paul II...?

I'm willing to admit I didn't respect it.

Sat on my arse and read the back of the programme or something, as I've no interest in celebrating the life of some archaic religious leader with nowt to do with fitba.

I didn't make a racket though.

Booing a minutes silence for anyone is poor form. Perhaps niaively, I expect the Hibs fans to respect the silence but, given the option, I'd always prefer a minutes applause given that it only takes one or two clowns to ruin a silent tribute.

The pope got booed because he has got **** all to do with football or Heart of Midlothian.

IF IT WASN'T FOR MERCER'S BID (AND IT WAS ONLY A ****ING BID) THEN DUFF AND GRAY WOULD HAVE RUN YOU OUT OF ****ING EXISTENCE.

Now, hopefully that was big and clear enough for someone of your limited intellect to understand.

And to call the song "slightly distateful" does mark you out as "one of these creatures".

Thanks.

Top post of this thread IJ.

hibby bawbag should be punted for his "slightly distateful" remark.

The pope got booed because he has got **** all to do with football or Heart of Midlothian.

What about the Dunblane kids? Or The Queen Mum? The victims of 9/11?

Were they booed?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Were they booed?

Why should we be forced to pay respects to something many of us do not believe in?

Dunblane and 9/11 were tragedies. The Pope dying wasn't.

Thanks.

Would you care to explain these comments further?

Do you really think we would have ceased to exist if Mercers bid didn't happen?

Do you think we should be gratefull to this man for "saving" our club?

It'll be interesting to see if you can reply without losing your rag or displaying your hatred for hibernian.

Justify your comments...thats all.

I'm willing to admit I didn't respect it.

Sat on my arse and read the back of the programme or something, as I've no interest in celebrating the life of some archaic religious leader with nowt to do with fitba.

I didn't make a racket though.

That's what every self-respecting football supporter should do if they 'disagree' with the award of a minutes silence. That, or stay in the pub for another pint.

In my humble opinion, obviously.

Were they booed?

Dunblane - Don't remember there being one.

Queen Mum - Yes, it was (or it was some other royal parasite) again by a minority

9/11 - Don't remember there being one. Probably was and was probably impeccable.

Were they booed?

very poor to compare innocent children being killed to some papal bloke dying.

Why should we be forced to pay respects to something many of us do not believe in?

What about the numerous RC Hearts fans who did believe? Or, being truthful, was it more a GIRUY to the Celtic fans?

What about the numerous RC Hearts fans who did believe? Or, being truthful, was it more a GIRUY to the Celtic fans?

One pope dies another comes along. It's an old relic passing FFS. No tragedy. The old codgers funeral had already taken place and minutes silences held at other times. Absolutely no need for one that day other than to appease the tattie howking feckers from Parkhead.

If they were serious Catholics I'm sure there were many other ways they would have paid their respects. A football match is not the place.

If anything it was a GIRUY to the SFA who set us up infront of the watching world.

Anyway, I think you know yourself that there is a massive difference between Dunblane/9.11 and a religious figure dying.

Would you care to explain these comments further?

Justify your comments...thats all.

Ok. When buying another company you take a swatch at their accounts first, no? You need to know assets and all that caper, yes?

I'm willing to bet in those pre-internet days when your average punter thought a PLC was a lady policeman that the man on the street didn't have a scooby about hibs finances.

So, big bad Wallace puts a bid in for hibs, full well knowing because of the financial mismanagement of Messrs Duff and Gray that he could get them for peanuts.

Then, it becomes public. The fans of hibs panic and in order to fight off the evil Mercer are forced to mobilise. During the course of this mobilisation, they realise the utter keek hibs are in financially and start fund raising etc and Duff and Gray are ousted. Mercer, obviously shocked by the feeling of support (from both sides remember) then calls off the bid.

Frankly, without Mercer's bid, hibs fans would have been sitting in blissful ignorance until it was too late.

Now, had Mercer succeeded, then yes - you'd be out of existence. Had he not bothered, then you'd be out of existence and that's my point. Don't pretend there would have been some white knight or some such fairytale. Remember, Celtic were an hour from going bust and they're substantially bigger than hibs.

Now I realise that's a very quick and not particularly in depth analysis, but I also hope it explains my comments and was also polite enough.

personally as a RC Hearts fan I didnt see the need for it at all. time and a place and football for religion isnt it, in any shape or form.

very poor to compare innocent children being killed to some papal bloke dying.

Entirely relevent in the context of desanovas reply, ie, the pope booing was a result of a non-football or non-Hearts connection. Let's not pointscore over which death is more rewarding of a properly observed silence.

The moral highground is not about being selective over these tributes.

personally as a RC Hearts fan I didnt see the need for it at all. time and a place and football for religion isnt it, in any shape or form.

I'd entirely agree with that. It was nuts. But it was given and should have been properly observed IMO.

I'd entirely agree with that. It was nuts. But it was given and should have been properly observed IMO.

To be honest, you are in no position to comment on whether or not it should have been observed.

Go back and look over it all. It was a ****ing joke. We were hung out to dry.

I never booed it. I sat and done **** all. A few of my mates did and that was their choice. I completely understood it.

Entirely relevent in the context of desanovas reply, ie, the pope booing was a result of a non-football or non-Hearts connection. Let's not pointscore over which death is more rewarding of a properly observed silence.

The moral highground is not about being selective over these tributes.

No i'm sorry there should never of been a silence for a religious figure at a football match in Scotland, however the 16 inncocent children that were killed, in Scotland, are quite rightly given some respect, least we could do.

If anything it was a GIRUY to the SFA who set us up infront of the watching world.

That's some twisted logic you have there my friend! If it was a SFA "set-up" then a "GIRUY to the SFA" would have been to observe the silence, no?

Anyway, my last word on the subject, I hope the silence for George Millar is impeccably observed and I'm sure it will be.

If i remember correctly the vermin from leith didnt exactly cover themselves in glory either when there was a minutes silence for the pope the day before in the other semi-final. The only difference being was our match was more widely broadcast, and the Hibs v Dundee Utd semi was swept under the carpet (But not forgotten) So to use that as any sort of one-up-manship just shows how incredibly stupid any of these parasites really are.

I can understand why some people booed it. (Wrong thing to do) but its understandable the feelings people have regarding this. The pope has absolutely nothing to do with football, and people were being TOLD to stand for a minutes silence for someone who they have no affiliation or connection with. As far as paying respects go anyone who has an affiliation with football deserves a mins silence or applause. Outside of the footballing world then there is no place for it and people should be allowed to choose when, where and how to pay respects if they wish to do so.

If i remember correctly the vermin from leith didnt exactly cover themselves in glory either when there was a minutes silence for the pope the day before in the other semi-final. The only difference being was our match was more widely broadcast, and the Hibs v Dundee Utd semi was swept under the carpet (But not forgotten) So to use that as any sort of one-up-manship just shows how incredibly stupid any of these parasites really are.

Always conveniently forgotten by some.

That's some twisted logic you have there my friend! If it was a SFA "set-up" then a "GIRUY to the SFA" would have been to observe the silence, no?

Anyway, my last word on the subject, I hope the silence for George Millar is impeccably observed and I'm sure it will be.

I'm not your friend and I'm 100% sure some tosser will ruin it.

Hope you have a ****ing horrific next few weeks.

I'm not your friend and I'm 100% sure some tosser will ruin it.

Hope you have a ****ing horrific next few weeks.

Happy New Year to you too.

Ok. When buying another company you take a swatch at their accounts first, no? You need to know assets and all that caper, yes?

I'm willing to bet in those pre-internet days when your average punter thought a PLC was a lady policeman that the man on the street didn't have a scooby about hibs finances.

So, big bad Wallace puts a bid in for hibs, full well knowing because of the financial mismanagement of Messrs Duff and Gray that he could get them for peanuts.

Then, it becomes public. The fans of hibs panic and in order to fight off the evil Mercer are forced to mobilise. During the course of this mobilisation, they realise the utter keek hibs are in financially and start fund raising etc and Duff and Gray are ousted. Mercer, obviously shocked by the feeling of support (from both sides remember) then calls off the bid.

Frankly, without Mercer's bid, hibs fans would have been sitting in blissful ignorance until it was too late.

Now, had Mercer succeeded, then yes - you'd be out of existence. Had he not bothered, then you'd be out of existence and that's my point. Don't pretend there would have been some white knight or some such fairytale. Remember, Celtic were an hour from going bust and they're substantially bigger than hibs.

Now I realise that's a very quick and not particularly in depth analysis, but I also hope it explains my comments and was also polite enough.

It was very polite.

However, your version of events is wrong.

It was very polite.

However, your version of events is wrong.

Mercer expossed your lying fiddling directors. Like it or not had it not been for the man you hate so much you wouldnt be in exsistence now.

Now shouldnt you be out robbing someones house for your next fix?

However, your version of events is wrong. You can't honestly believe that the people with the money to save the club were sitting there and going to watch them go under?

I don't believe mercers bid would ever have been successfull....There were always people waiting in the wings.

Do you, or any hearts fan think wallace was right in putting a bid in for hibs? What was he hoping to achieve?

You're justifying the actions of a mad man.

Mercer expossed your lying fiddling directors. Like it or not had it not been for the man you hate so much you wouldnt be in exsistence now.

Now shouldnt you be out robbing someones house for your next fix?

rubbish, rubbish, rubbish!

So you'd like to believe.

...Have you locked your shed?

You can't honestly believe that the people with the money to save the club were sitting there and going to watch them go under?

That's exactly what I'm saying. Farmer only came in when he saw the amount of people protesting, and the depth of feeling for the club (AFTER Mercer put the bid in). No bid, no protests, no Farmer.

Like I said, Celtic's "white knight" appeared at the 11th hour. Do you honestly believe that if Celtic struggled to that stage that hibs wouldn't have?

For the record, I didn't care less at the time (Think I was about 12) and I don't really care now about the bid. It didn't affect us in any way other than losing the derby.

However, your version of events is wrong. You can't honestly believe that the people with the money to save the club were sitting there and going to watch them go under?

I don't believe mercers bid would ever have been successfull....There were always people waiting in the wings.

Do you, or any hearts fan think wallace was right in putting a bid in for hibs? What was he hoping to achieve?

You should really think before you post. Just go and have a read of that, and then try and work out how the sentences you've penned back up what you're trying to say.

And......

.....they don't.

Getting back to the point, this was posted by 'Septimus' on .net

Perhaps it might be more appropriate at the first Hibs-Hearts match of every year to have a minutes silence for all, supporters, players, officials, etc. who have passed on during the previous year.

We are all, in our own way, part of the great tradition that is football and such an observance might act as a much needed unifying moment in the season.

Thoughts?

Getting back to the point, this was posted by 'Septimus' on .net

Thoughts?

yes, that would work well.

portobellojambo1

You are trying to rewrite history mate. Speak to the guys who ran Hands off Hibs, they will tell you there was nobody waiting in the wings. And Mercer was invited to purchase Hibernian, by the then Hibernian directors.

You are trying to rewrite history mate. Speak to the guys who ran Hands off Hibs, they will tell you there was nobody waiting in the wings. And Mercer was invited to purchase Hibernian, by the then Hibernian directors.

That's not strictly true. It was David Rowland who approached Mercer who was a shareholder but not a director. His ex wife, Sheila, was his proxy on the board though she voted against the bid, much to his discontent.

portobellojambo1
That's not strictly true. It was David Rowland who approached Mercer who was a shareholder but not a director. His ex wife, Sheila, was his proxy on the board though she voted against the bid, much to his discontent.

If you wish to deal in pedantics fine, but it is a hell of a lot closer to the truth than someone on here seems to think, I assume said person is about 17 years old and been fed info in a pub.

Anyway, no time for this p i s h, time to head out for some ale.

Archived