Gerrard, Vinnie Jones with a decent shot

PsychocAndy

I was torn to bits by fellow kickbackers for making this comparision last year sometime, well guess who's flicking the V's back now.

He's a thug on the field and we'll now see what he's like off field in court.

Then you know nothing about football! Steven Gerrard's probably IMO the best midfield player in the world. Pace, finishing, passing, tackling, passion... He's got the lot. And thats from a Man U fan. He'd walk into any side in the world no questions asked.

No lover of Liverpool and their tink like support, however to suggest that Gerrard is an average footballer in the Jones mould is crazy. One of the best midfielders in the world and proves it time and time again. A complete football player who is comfortable doing anything the modern game requires. This is evidenced by him moving back to right back in the Champs League final against Milan to nullify the threat of Serginho. Jones was merely a decent footballer who fitted in at a time when English football was super physical but lacked the technique that is on show these days.

JT's & Irons

Jones has a tiny bit of Welsh blood in him.

Gerard is 100% English

Ergo Jones is better than Gerard.

Do the maths people!!!!

Yawn!

Another excuse to bash Liverpool thread.....

Surely you mean another excuse to dishonour the memory of the tragiaclly departed Wimbledon FC.

If I'm allowed to put my real name and location on this forum I will.

I'm Andy Kyle and live in the West Port.

If the Mods can live with it so can I.

Fighter, no. Lover maybe. Coward no.

And I don't Iron anything at all. FACT

Go on yersell BigAndyK.... I'm with you ! ps.... get some training in for the wii hoops rematch !

gorgie rd eh11
I was torn to bits by fellow kickbackers for making this comparision last year sometime, well guess who's flicking the V's back now.

Your statement is every bit as ridiculous now as it was last year. Did you see his performance against Newcastle hours before his arrest? To claim all he has to his game is a good shot is :xmascrazy:

Legend Claws
Steve McMahon, he just got his retaliation in first. The "game plan " was to get their thug before he got any of them.

And Bruno's Boots after watching football for 30 odd years out of my 44, I'd like to think some knowledge would stick.

In the seventies he wouldn't have made the bench for they Liverpool teams, only 2 subs then, and David Farclough was a stick on every week for one place.

Knowledgeable enough?

What have the 70s got to do with your point about Jones/Gerrard? Yes Liverpool were great in that era but don't see how that backs up your crazy comparison.

Having knowledge doesn't mean you are right.

Legend Claws
If smacking a boy in the coupon fits into your acceptable behaviour then you are probably right.

Great player though.

Depends on the circumstances mate. You punch me or one of my mates then you are going to get punched back, it's the way of the world. If he has just randomly assaulted someone then fair enough he should be punished.

For what it is worth there is no way he will see a jail cell.

Depends on the circumstances mate. You punch me or one of my mates then you are going to get punched back, it's the way of the world. If he has just randomly assaulted someone then fair enough he should be punished.

For what it is worth there is no way he will see a jail cell.

I don't like the bloke but there's no need for these threats, calm down ffs.

What have the 70s got to do with your point about Jones/Gerrard? Yes Liverpool were great in that era but don't see how that backs up your crazy comparison.

Having knowledge doesn't mean you are right.

Never claimed to be right, just my opinion.

Where as you said I had no footballing knowledge, which in a farty way I showed I did.

Legend Claws
[/size]

Never claimed to be right, just my opinion.

Where as you said I had no footballing knowledge, which in a farty way I showed I did.

By mentioning a team from a decade and one of their players?

Andy Gray better watch out!

Jones has a tiny bit of Welsh blood in him.

Gerard is 100% English

Ergo Jones is better than Gerard.

Do the maths people!!!!

Never thought of it like that to be fair, but maths is the purest language, so I'd be foolish to disagree.

Thank you for your help in solving this question

Go on yersell BigAndyK.... I'm with you ! ps.... get some training in for the wii hoops rematch !

I see you've not got our mother in law as your avatar this year.

I woke up in bad shape after many a wee session but never felt as bad this morning after a wii session.

What a heap of pesh.

What a heap of pesh.

What is.

That I got ripped for this last year, I did.

That I'm now flicking the V's back. I am.

That he is a thug on the pitch, he is.

Steven Gerrard is the best English midfielder going, I agree.

Steven Gerrard is World Class, well if Internationals are the standard then no.

He's had a few Internationals when he's been really good, the rest ordinary.

I still think on field he's a thug and untouchable.

Archived