Gerrard, Vinnie Jones with a decent shot

PsychocAndy

I was torn to bits by fellow kickbackers for making this comparision last year sometime, well guess who's flicking the V's back now.

He's a thug on the field and we'll now see what he's like off field in court.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Gerrard is one of the best players in the world. Absolutely amazing.

His behaviour besides this incident is pretty good.

The Old Tolbooth
I was torn to bits by fellow kickbackers for making this comparision last year sometime, well guess who's flicking the V's back now.

Yawn!

Another excuse to bash Liverpool thread.....

Brian Whittaker's Tache

is it just me or does Steven Gerrard look like he couldn't assault a scotch egg?

24 hours inside for questioning seems a lot too

Yawn!

Another excuse to bash Liverpool thread.....

I have nothing against Liverpool, my old mate Gary Jones, from Huyton, was at Hillsburgh on the pitch and thankfully physically OK, and they don't play against Hearts.

I just think Gerrard is over hyped and V Jones underestimated as a player. As a thug Jones was far superior but a lot of what happened on the pitch he got done for was less than some of the stuff Gerrard and the like get away with because there the golden boys.

Also, since the days of Regis, Cunningham and Batson I've always followed the results of WBA, which only hurt when Mickey joined The Dingles from us.

is it just me or does Steven Gerrard look like he couldn't assault a scotch egg?

24 hours inside for questioning seems a lot too

It depends on how many mates he's got with him if the scotch egg is safe or not.

this_is_my_story

"Jones with a decent shot"... Oh, dear!

Gerrard is a magnificent player, it's hard to imagine how much poorer Liverpool would be without him. There's a fair chance that what's happened has been blown out of all proportion by the tabloids, the truth will come out sooner or later I suspect.

Could you hold tight on rigging up the guilotine until a final verdict has been passed in said court?

Could you hold tight on rigging up the guilotine until a final verdict has been passed in said court?

No I don't like him, he's a coward in the tackle and maybe of field too.

He's a protected player by the ref's and the media, on field, and can do no wrong in their eyes.

Did he ever go near Duncan Ferguson, Vieira or Keane, if he did I never saw it. Remember his assault on Gary Naysmith.

Just my opinion but....

I know he won the Champions League by himself..............and a few other blokes except Harry Kewell, and I respect him for that, but no I don't like him.

He's a protected player by the ref's and the media, on field, and can do no wrong in their eyes.

Did he ever go near Duncan Ferguson, Vieira or Keane, if he did I never saw it. Remember his assault on Gary Naysmith.

Just my opinion but....

I know he won the Champions League by himself..............and a few other blokes except Harry Kewell, and I respect him for that, but no I don't like him.

I don't think any judge or magistrate is going to find Mr Gerrard guilty purely on the basis that you don't like him! :mw_rolleyes:

Kennedy Bakircioglu

Steven Gerrard is one of the greatest EPL players of the past 10 years. The reason Liverpool are top right now is because of him.

How many footballers do you see out on the ****?! He's gone out and him (or mates) have done something that happens 9/10 times in clubs on an average night out and he gets taken in.

I hope he gets away free, although my opinion of him wouldn't change in the slightest should he be charged with whatever it may be.

my opinion of him wouldn't change in the slightest should he be charged with whatever it may be.

He has been.

Steven Gerrard is a fantastic footballer, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Agreed.

I'm no lover of Liverpool but Gerrard is a superb player.

I don't think any judge or magistrate is going to find Mr Gerrard guilty purely on the basis that you don't like him! :mw_rolleyes:

Why? I'd have thought that that was all that was needed, bugger.

Look off field he could give 90% of his gross earnings to various charities and help old people across the road. It's on field that sticks in my craw. He's sainted, can do no wrong.

What I'm really trying to point out is that if V. Jones had done tackles like Gerrard, he would have been hounded out the game. Koppites love him, no problems with that. The F.A. and media seem to think he's untouchable and that's the thing that gets my goat.

If a player like, Ivan Campo, same amount of Champions League medals at least, more national league medals, fact, had made the tackles that Gerrard did then he'd have been punted a long time ago, as a dirty forgienner and a disgrace.

Legend Claws

Makes me laugh when people get so passionate about English teams. Liverpool fans are this, Man Utd fans are that etc. Why bother? (unless you have family ties)

I don't think Gerrard will have done anything in this incident that was out of order, probably just sticking up for himself or a mate as any of us would do.

Comparing the guy to Vinny Jones is one of the most laughable things I have ever heard and shows a distinct lack of football knowledge.

I don't think Gerrard will have done anything in this incident that was out of order, probably just sticking up for himself or a mate as any of us would do.

If smacking a boy in the coupon fits into your acceptable behaviour then you are probably right.

Great player though.

Why? I'd have thought that that was all that was needed, bugger.

Look off field he could give 90% of his gross earnings to various charities and help old people across the road. It's on field that sticks in my craw. He's sainted, can do no wrong.

What I'm really trying to point out is that if V. Jones had done tackles like Gerrard, he would have been hounded out the game. Koppites love him, no problems with that. The F.A. and media seem to think he's untouchable and that's the thing that gets my goat.

If a player like, Ivan Campo, same amount of Champions League medals at least, more national league medals, fact, had made the tackles that Gerrard did then he'd have been punted a long time ago, as a dirty forgienner and a disgrace.

You've got this the wrong way around. Jones was no more than a thug who revelled in the notoriety of being a hard man ie that tackle on Jimmy Case in the FA cup final which was a shocker. How you can suggest Gerrard is anywhere near Jones 'level' is beyond me.

Gerrard is one of the best players in the world. Absolutely amazing.

His behaviour besides this incident is pretty good.

:xmasoh:

Lets not carried away here...

Good player highly over rated.

Do The Dance
:xmasoh:

Lets not carried away here...

Good player highly over rated.

He's proved time and time again he's world class.

You've got this the wrong way around. Jones was no more than a thug who revelled in the notoriety of being a hard man ie that tackle on Jimmy Case in the FA cup final which was a shocker. How you can suggest Gerrard is anywhere near Jones 'level' is beyond me.

Steve McMahon. And he deserves every cynical tackle going.

Gerard is a saint.He even brings up other peoples kids as his own.

Cheating w@nk.

:xmasgrin:

The babys not yours, the babys not yooouuurrs, oh Steven Gerrard, the babys not yours.

Steve McMahon, he just got his retaliation in first. The "game plan " was to get their thug before he got any of them.

And Bruno's Boots after watching football for 30 odd years out of my 44, I'd like to think some knowledge would stick.

In the seventies he wouldn't have made the bench for they Liverpool teams, only 2 subs then, and David Farclough was a stick on every week for one place.

Knowledgeable enough?

Aye those forgienners are slippery customers. Wonder if they're foreign per chance? :xmasgrin:

Steve McMahon, he just got his retaliation in first. The "game plan " was to get their thug before he got any of them.

And Bruno's Boots after watching football for 30 odd years out of my 44, I'd like to think some knowledge would stick.

In the seventies he wouldn't have made the bench for they Liverpool teams, only 2 subs then, and David Farclough was a stick on every week for one place.

Knowledgeable enough?

Gerrard plays more of a creative role on the pitch so any comparrisons with the likes of Keane, Vieira et al are misleading as they're two different types of midfielder - Gerrard does need a Vieira-type player so that he can do what he does best. The 2005 EC victory is a classic example. Rafa gambled on having Kewell to partner Gerrard and it flopped. Gerrard only had a good game from half-time onwards because Didi Hamann came on and shored up the midfield. Mascerano does a similar role today allowiong Gerrard to get forward.

As for him being in a potential LFC all-time XI, Souness would be in to play the holding role - of that there absolutely no question. I'd probably say it would be a case of take your pick from Gerrard or Ray Kennedy for the other midfield slot.

The Old Tolbooth
Liverpool and their fans are all knobs.

:)

You can go right off some people :D

I have nothing against Liverpool, my old mate Gary Jones, from Huyton, was at Hillsburgh on the pitch and thankfully physically OK, and they don't play against Hearts.

I just think Gerrard is over hyped and V Jones underestimated as a player. As a thug Jones was far superior but a lot of what happened on the pitch he got done for was less than some of the stuff Gerrard and the like get away with because there the golden boys.

Also, since the days of Regis, Cunningham and Batson I've always followed the results of WBA, which only hurt when Mickey joined The Dingles from us.

Over 100 goals for Liverpool as a midfielder, and Liverpool's all time leading goalscorer in European competition, but he's over hyped :wacko:

Wish Liverpool had more over hyped players like Gerrard, they would be champs every season!!!

Knowledgeable enough?

Calm down love. So I got the name wrong , but you know what I'm talking about.

Knowledgable ? Undoubtedly but that doesn't mean your opinion is shared by a lot of folk on here.

You can go right off some people :D

Over 100 goals for Liverpool as a midfielder, and Liverpool's all time leading goalscorer in European competition, but he's over hyped :wacko:

Wish Liverpool had more over hyped players like Gerrard, they would be champs every season!!!

I never said he was crap I said he was untouchable from criticism for his thuggery on the pitch.

Also Ray Kennedy every day of the week.

It was just typical scouser behaviour by Steve.

Something the reds fans would be proud of.

6 against 1.

Anybody else notice that his hairline starts about 1/4" inch above his eyebrows ?

I keep my hand on my walllet when I fly over that cesspit !

Seymour M Hersh

Just my opinion but....

Not as big a coward as you are abusing him on a message board with an anonymous user name. But I guess you don't do irony do you?

Drylaw Hearts
Not as big a coward as you are abusing him on a message board with an anonymous user name. But I guess you don't do irony do you?

Hitting a guy when surrounded by 4 or 5 of your mates is more cowardly than making a comment on a messageboard.

Fact.

Seymour M Hersh
Hitting a guy when surrounded by 4 or 5 of your mates is more cowardly than making a comment on a messageboard.

Fact.

Do you know that is exactly what happened? No of course you don't but feel free to guestimate away until you hearts content.

Drylaw Hearts
Do you know that is exactly what happened? No of course you don't but feel free to guestimate away until you hearts content.

I think he's guilty.

Hanging is the only option imo.

Seymour M Hersh
I think he's guilty.

Hanging is the only option imo.

You're getting soft in your old age! :xmasgrin:

Seymour M Hersh
:)

Happy New Year btw.

And to you. Are you going to the boozer at the west end after the game Saturday?

Drylaw Hearts
And to you. Are you going to the boozer at the west end after the game Saturday?

Yes - at some point !

Steven Gerrard is one of the greatest EPL players of the past 10 years. The reason Liverpool are top right now is because of him.

How many footballers do you see out on the ****?! He's gone out and him (or mates) have done something that happens 9/10 times in clubs on an average night out and he gets taken in.

I hope he gets away free, although my opinion of him wouldn't change in the slightest should he be charged with whatever it may be.

You surely are not suggesting that should Mr Gerrard be found guilty of the offences which he has been charged with that he should be allowed to go unpunished. Apparently he has been charged with such a serious assault that the maximum sentence is FIVE YEARS JAIL. In this case if he is found guilty I hope that the courts do not give out a fine as this is pointless for someone so wealthy.If its not serious enough for jail then he should get community service to bring him down to earth. It would also let the other overpaid prima donas in the football world see that they are not above the law.

artfuldodger

Fact.

who hit the guy taggart

If I'm allowed to put my real name and location on this forum I will.

I'm Andy Kyle and live in the West Port.

If the Mods can live with it so can I.

Fighter, no. Lover maybe. Coward no.

And I don't Iron anything at all. FACT

heart & soul

I ferkin' detest Fishy Knickers Gerard. I was delighted but not surprised when I heard he had been in some kind of brawl. He deserves to be locked up for his diving antics on the park alone. Cheating scrote.

Vinnie Jones on the other hand doesn't pretend to be anything other than relatively mindless a thug who's had a few lucky breaks in life.

Gerard aint fit to lick Jones' boots.

Archived