Kingston got a bloody cheek

suzie_preston

suzie_preston

The cheek of the guy if he thinks he's so good why doesn't he give Hearts the benefit of his skills while we are paying his wages, he should be giving us 100% every week for the wages we will be paying him, instead of his lazy, clumsy carn't be bothered attitude we see if he thinks he's going to get a move to a club that's playing CL

"It is every player's aim to keep improving. The Champions League is one of the biggest tournaments in the world and if I have the chance, I would love to play there. But to be honest the speculation doesn't bother me and I just keep concentrating on my football. It doesn't affect my play"

He carn't honestly think he give's Hearts 100% when there are no scouts there watching him, or does he?

I wouldn't get stuck into him too readily. Remember who wrote that article and who was asking him the questions.

They're just merchandising.

***** him.

I said after the last derby at ER that I never wanted to see him play for Hearts again. His constant lack of application is one of the most annoying things about this season's Hearts team.

That said, if he can fetch a decent transfer fee for him...

I wouldn't get stuck into him too readily. Remember who wrote that article and who was asking him the questions.

They're just merchandising.

just wait till you are 40 years older and become a cynical person:xmasbabe:

just wait till you are 40 years older and become a cynical person:xmasbabe:

Ach, I don't doubt he means every word he says...but I think it's very much a mutually convenient topic of conversation, for both him and the club.

This sales stuff is getting a wee bit uncomfortable to read though.

:)

I'm no Kingston fan but I have no compalints over the past few weeks. Was not at Aberdeen yesterday so can't comment, but certainly over the last half dozen he's payed he's got pass marks in them all.

That said, i do think there is more in his engine.

suzie_preston
That's it, first defeat in ages so let's get stuck into the players.

Fantos.

Not a case of getting stuck into player's?

He's (Kingston) spouting the garbage about being so good that he want's CL football yet he carn't be bothered to put a decent shift in for us unless he's been watched by bigger teams.

If he bothered to play to the ability that we know he can we could be in a european spot for next year and I'm sure his lazy attitude wouldn't get him even on the bench let alone on the pitch at a bigger club.:xmasbabe:

scott herbertson
Does anyone own terrapins?

I like turtles.

I've got three baby tortoises

I was thinking of calling them Petric, Don (Murray) and Justin, but the kids got in first with the naming thing

I've got three baby tortoises

I was thinking of calling them Petric, Don (Murray) and Justin, but the kids got in first with the naming thing

Buy your feckin' own and leave the kids one's alone, I would have had to report you to the RSPCA if you had got your way. :biggrin::whistling:

loveofthegame

Overpaid, undertrying erse. Hope he's the first to go, anything over ?1.5M i'd take. Getting him off the wage bill would be a massiver relief.

Marmeladent?rtchen

Sometimes thing the Kingston at 50% is just as affective as Mikey Stewart running about giving 150%.

I just hope LK does go, he is just not value for money.

rudi must stay
The cheek of the guy if he thinks he's so good why doesn't he give Hearts the benefit of his skills while we are paying his wages, he should be giving us 100% every week for the wages we will be paying him, instead of his lazy, clumsy carn't be bothered attitude we see if he thinks he's going to get a move to a club that's playing CL

"It is every player's aim to keep improving. The Champions League is one of the biggest tournaments in the world and if I have the chance, I would love to play there. But to be honest the speculation doesn't bother me and I just keep concentrating on my football. It doesn't affect my play"

He carn't honestly think he give's Hearts 100% when there are no scouts there watching him, or does he?

nothing wrong with a player being ambitious imo

suzie_preston

Your right nothing wrong with ambition, but an ambitious player usually want's to play well all the time not just once in a while when he thinks someone important might be watching :xmaseye:

But he's got to actually play decent football before he should have such a high opinion of himself and it seems from the way he's talking that Hearts arn't a big enough team for him?

So why come to Hearts in first place?

We are paying his wages and should be getting more in return than his lazy, don't care attitude.

Players should only be getting paid when they actually do the job they are paid for :xmastongue::xmasbabe:

suzie_preston
Except of course, that he doesn't think he is that good. He says he needs to keep improving. The interviewer has asked him if he'd like to play in the CL and he, obviously, has said yes. Who wouldn't?

He's a fantastically talented player who has won us games with a turn of skill when all else was failing. He is key to our formation which has brought excellent, UEFA Cup style form. He has a rep for being dangerous and is often paid particularly close attention. This, IMO, can lead to him becoming frustrated and curtailing his involvement in games. This is a fault in his game which he must improve to get to the standard he can probably reach. That appears to be something he is aware of, judging by his comments.

I would say he's an average player who thinks he's good, too good for us.

From what I have heard (from people that have day to day dealing with him)his attitude to life is couldn't care less, maybe its a cultural thing?

Correct, but there is something iniquitous in a player failing to show commitment when he is earning huge wages, in relation to the size of club he is with.

Ambition can only be realized by hard work at all levels of the career ladder.

overpaid and way overrated,

doesn't do it enough for the money he's paid, should be shipped out if a decent offer comes in,

Totally agree with that. He's an average SPL player most of the time.

suzie_preston
He is too good for us. Playing in a better team, in a better league, will show that.

I couldn't care less about his attitude to life if his attitude to football is on the money. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't - that's what he means when he says he needs to keep in improving. But he's anti-christ as some Hearts fans would have him.

The right attitude makes an average player good, the wrong attitude makes a good player average.

When you have no committment you do not do the job aswell as you could do.

Kingston = wrong attitude and no committment to the team that pays his wages.

Just wants to pick up the money and thinks he has the right to a bigger team coming in for him.

I have no time for lazy players or people

Suzie,

With due respect, I'm afraid that, 1nce again, I'm gonna step up and defend Kingston, before he gets hobbled by the herds of those who point fingers at one player, without considering the (state of the) overall.

Firstly, is there anything actually wrong with the quote you've pulled up - from the perspective of a talented professional footballer? For his current club to offer that opportunity, we would need to (have) split the old firm. Given the chaos at governance level, lack of balance to the players on the pitch and inconsistency in team selection, how do you think he approaches appraising his current employer (with reliable cash flow for those wages you winge about) in terms of helping him fulfill those admirable aspirations?

Secondly, let's view the situation from the paying 'fan'. Have we given this midfielder a role in which he can flourish? Well, there's been a few occasions where we've (had to) played him out of position. Secondly, as a midfielder, have we seen what he can do in terms of setting up attacks and goals? No, because we havn't signed a decent striker partnership and continue to play with a slower-than-normal moving refrigirator up front on his own. Third, does he get the service he needs from the defence? More so now, (Robbie is killing it at the moment, well done my son), but not without its problems.

So, you've got an incredibly talented player - probably one of the best talents we've ever had - playing for a team that can't get him to where he wants to be and surrounded by players who can't allow him to perform at his best. This is the deal.

Yet, again, we have another "I blame Kingston" poster who steps up and points the finger in isolation. It comes down to this trade off: when you (and others in the camp) say he's to blame for not giving 100%, I reply by saying the governance, team selection and technical ability of the other ten players prevents him from giving 100%. Not trying to sound immature in a "I'm right and you're wrong" kinda way, nor vice versa, but something has to give - and the blame game has to wisen up to the deeper problems with the club when we come across talent like this.

...These deeper problems become more serious if you're real about wanting to split the old firm this season or next. On the other hand, if you want to be an also ran, carry on as normal and blame Kingston 100% for everything you think he's responsible for.

Deodato

rudi must stay
Correct, but there is something iniquitous in a player failing to show commitment when he is earning huge wages, in relation to the size of club he is with.

Ambition can only be realized by hard work at all levels of the career ladder.

very true. To be fair to him though he has tried alot harder since he got back from injury. He had a bad game yesterday though so it's back to him 'not trying', nothing to doing with him just having an off day.

suzie_preston
Suzie,

With due respect, I'm afraid that, 1nce again, I'm gonna step up and defend Kingston, before he gets hobbled by the herds of those who point fingers at one player, without considering the (state of the) overall.

Firstly, is there anything actually wrong with the quote you've pulled up - from the perspective of a talented professional footballer? For his current club to offer that opportunity, we would need to (have) split the old firm. Given the chaos at governance level, lack of balance to the players on the pitch and inconsistency in team selection, how do you think he approaches appraising his current employer (with reliable cash flow for those wages you winge about) in terms of helping him fulfill those admirable aspirations?

Secondly, let's view the situation from the paying 'fan'. Have we given this midfielder a role in which he can flourish? Well, there's been a few occasions where we've (had to) played him out of position. Secondly, as a midfielder, have we seen what he can do in terms of setting up attacks and goals? No, because we havn't signed a decent striker partnership and continue to play with a slower-than-normal moving refrigirator up front on his own. Third, does he get the service he needs from the defence? More so now, (Robbie is killing it at the moment, well done my son), but not without its problems.

So, you've got an incredibly talented player - probably one of the best talents we've ever had - playing for a team that can't get him to where he wants to be and surrounded by players who can't allow him to perform at his best. This is the deal.

Yet, again, we have another "I blame Kingston" poster who steps up and points the finger in isolation. It comes down to this trade off: when you (and others in the camp) say he's to blame for not giving 100%, I reply by saying the governance, team selection and technical ability of the other ten players prevents him from giving 100%. Not trying to sound immature in a "I'm right and you're wrong" kinda way, nor vice versa, but something has to give - and the blame game has to wisen up to the deeper problems with the club when we come across talent like this.

...These deeper problems become more serious if you're real about wanting to split the old firm this season or next. On the other hand, if you want to be an also ran, carry on as normal and blame Kingston 100% for everything you think he's responsible for.

Deodato

I am sorry but I will have to disagree, no matter what anyone else on the pitch is doing he carn't be bothered to move his arse.

If he is half the player some people think he is he wouldn't need anyone to defend him he would prove it on the pitch every week no matter who else he's playing along side.

Only reason I wrote about Kingston today is because of what he says on HMFC site not picking him out as the only player that's not giving his all.

Drylaw Hearts

Kingston is a passenger in most games and that isn't really what we need.

The rest of the team isn't good enough to carry passengers.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Suzie,

Deodato

Great post.

Shows a balanced view and a good understanding of the game.

I can see both sides of the argument, tbh.

Suzie,

Deodato

Bang on the money. We will make a tidy profit out of Kingston too when we sell him.

suzie_preston
Bang on the money. We will make a tidy profit out of Kingston too when we sell him.

Well lets hope that's sooner rather than later then we can play someone that wants to play for Hearts and not just show up, take the money and then do nothing.

I am sorry but I will have to disagree, no matter what anyone else on the pitch is doing he carn't be bothered to move his arse.

If he is half the player some people think he is he wouldn't need anyone to defend him he would prove it on the pitch every week no matter who else he's playing along side.

Only reason I wrote about Kingston today is because of what he says on HMFC site not picking him out as the only player that's not giving his all.

So you'll go all guns blazing for Berra, Aguiar and Driver when their turn comes top step into the shop window and they wax lyrical about their dreams of a move down south?

So you'll go all guns blazing for Berra, Aguiar and Driver when their turn comes top step into the shop window and they wax lyrical about their dreams of a move down south?

Well she does have previous for racialist posts.

:frown:

Racist post, imo.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Aberdeen-1--0-Hearts.4826319.jp

And there it is. Berra's turn to be hung, drawn and quartered then? Ambition must be eradicated, it's clearly a scourge on our club...

I expect any player or manager to be fully committed to the club - but if they didn't have the ambition of reaching the very top, I'm not sure I'd want them at Hearts in the first place. Individuals for whom Hearts are the pinnacle (eg. JJ) are few and far between.

Kingston's always given the impression of just passing through - as though he's permanently been sitting in the departure lounge, if you will - but there's a brilliant player in there, as I think he'd show in a better league, with a bigger club. Specifically, a club where he knew he'd be for a few years, and hadn't only signed him in order to cash in on him as soon as a good offer was made.

suzie_preston
http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Aberdeen-1--0-Hearts.4826319.jp

And there it is. Berra's turn to be hung, drawn and quartered then? Ambition must be eradicated, it's clearly a scourge on our club...

"There have been a lot of things said," said Berra, 23. "But I am a Heart of Midlothian player now and will always do my best when I play for Hearts. But it is not down to me. If someone comes in and makes an offer the club cannot refuse then I am sure they will let me go. But at the moment I play with Hearts."

I have no complaints about Berra's ambitions as I think he play's for the club and gives his all, if that changes then maybe my opinion will change, just hope he has sense to go south and not to another Scottish team.

I expect any player or manager to be fully committed to the club - but if they didn't have the ambition of reaching the very top, I'm not sure I'd want them at Hearts in the first place. Individuals for whom Hearts are the pinnacle (eg. JJ) are few and far between.

Kingston's always given the impression of just passing through - as though he's permanently been sitting in the departure lounge, if you will - but there's a brilliant player in there, as I think he'd show in a better league, with a bigger club. Specifically, a club where he knew he'd be for a few years, and hadn't only signed him in order to cash in on him as soon as a good offer was made.

I don't know fair a comment that is. He has had his moments, granted...the end of last season being the obvious case in point when he took to sitting down a lot on the pitch and remonstrating with referees. But I honestly don't know if I can say that I've seen him have any bad performances this season. There have been times when I'd liked to have seen a little more from him because I know he's skilled, but it's unfair to blame him for the failings of those around him.

He's under sharper focus than many of the other players, for the simple reason that we expect more from him. If we were watching the others quite as closely for every lapse in commitment we'd have plenty to grumble about.

Plus, I also think that it has become slightly 'fashionable' to bitch about Larry being lazy. It's the grumble of choice, but I don't think he deserves it.

I remember us all moaning about Larry's performance in the derby, yet when I looked on most other SPL forums they were marvelling at home he 'dictated the game' and basically ran the show.

I remember us all moaning about Larry's performance in the derby, yet when I looked on most other SPL forums they were marvelling at home he 'dictated the game' and basically ran the show.

As have many sports writers and commentators etc. Not that I take their word as gospel but it's hardly as if they'd go out of their road to praise anyone to that extent without reason. I've been wondering for a while if the 'lazy Larry' thing only actually exists amongst a select group on this board.

He's not perfect, none of the players are. They all have their moments.

suzie_preston

Lazy Larry running the show?

He doesn't like doing much running, or at least that's the impression he likes to give :xmastongue:

Lazy Larry running the show?

He doesn't like doing much running, or at least that's the impression he likes to give :xmastongue:

Okay, which games in particular did you feel he was below par or not putting in the required effort? And what exactly did he do that was so disappointing for you?

I don't know fair a comment that is. He has had his moments, granted...the end of last season being the obvious case in point when he took to sitting down a lot on the pitch and remonstrating with referees. But I honestly don't know if I can say that I've seen him have any bad performances this season. There have been times when I'd liked to have seen a little more from him because I know he's skilled, but it's unfair to blame him for the failings of those around him.

He's under sharper focus than many of the other players, for the simple reason that we expect more from him. If we were watching the others quite as closely for every lapse in commitment we'd have plenty to grumble about.

Plus, I also think that it has become slightly 'fashionable' to bitch about Larry being lazy. It's the grumble of choice, but I don't think he deserves it.

I don't blame or have a problem with him. I just think he's a victim of circumstance: he knows he won't be here for much longer, and has pretty much always known it too. That's the thing about the system we adopted until pretty recently: if you turn yourselves into, well, a football laundry, and treat players first and foremost as commodities, they'll see themselves as that too. However good he is, there's no way we've benefited as much from him than had we signed him with a view to keeping him long-term.

I don't blame or have a problem with him. I just think he's a victim of circumstance: he knows he won't be here for much longer, and has pretty much always known it too. That's the thing about the system we adopted until pretty recently: if you turn yourselves into, well, a football laundry, and treat players first and foremost as commodities, they'll see themselves as that too. However good he is, there's no way we've benefited as much from him than had we signed him with a view to keeping him long-term.

That doesn't make sense to me. If he was thinking only of a move to a bigger club, you'd surely expect him to be pulling out all of the stops to impress? Is he complacent or not?

I don't think he has demonstrated any extremes of behaviour one way or another. He has been a consistently good performer and sometimes I'd go as far as to say that he has been really very good. Like the rest of the squad, there have been occasions when I've cursed him for not doing what I'd like to see him do....but not to any great degree...

I just wonder if this lazy thing is simply a way to vent frustrations. Maybe he didn't quite live up to the potential we can see that he has, and that's probably going to leave a slightly bitter taste in the mouth if he wanders off and becomes a big star at a better club....in a better team.

That doesn't make sense to me. If he was thinking only of a move to a bigger club, you'd surely expect him to be pulling out all of the stops to impress? Is he complacent or not?

I don't think he has demonstrated any extremes of behaviour one way or another. He has been a consistently good performer and sometimes I'd go as far as to say that he has been really very good. Like the rest of the squad, there have been occasions when I've cursed him for not doing what I'd like to see him do....but not to any great degree...

I just wonder if this lazy thing is simply a way to vent frustrations. Maybe he didn't quite live up to the potential we can see that he has, and that's probably going to leave a slightly bitter taste in the mouth if he wanders off and becomes a big star at a better club....in a better team.

I doubt he's ever been fully committed to us in the way someone like Neilson is - though would never say he's been 'lazy' either. I just don't think Vlad's system leads to us getting the absolute best out of our best players, particularly when they're transferred in from elsewhere in the pyramid or because of the agents Vlad knows. He'll be a very big miss - but however much he's too good for us, I've never had the consistent impression he's as good as he'll probably show with an EPL club.

I hope we get alot of money for him. He has the ability, but struggles to motivate himself now to play for Hearts, really looking forward to seeing how much we can flog him for.

He seems to be going through the motions at times, but the whole midfield had a bad game. If cesnauskis was fit for right midfield, it could have been a straight swap, Kingston in for Aguiar. More balance to that midfield. I think Csaba got it wrong on Saturday.

Sorry went off on a tangent there.

I've stuck up for Berra, Stewart and now Kingston...and i thought they were all relatively pish at the weekend!

I doubt he's ever been fully committed to us in the way someone like Neilson is - though would never say he's been 'lazy' either. I just don't think Vlad's system leads to us getting the absolute best out of our best players, particularly when they're transferred in from elsewhere in the pyramid or because of the agents Vlad knows. He'll be a very big miss - but however much he's too good for us, I've never had the consistent impression he's as good as he'll probably show with an EPL club.

Exactly, too much water under the bridge with all the goings on at Hearts. He needs a fresh start and im confident he'l turn it on if he gets the move to the premiership he desires.

"There have been a lot of things said," said Berra, 23. "But I am a Heart of Midlothian player now and will always do my best when I play for Hearts. But it is not down to me. If someone comes in and makes an offer the club cannot refuse then I am sure they will let me go. But at the moment I play with Hearts."

I have no complaints about Berra's ambitions as I think he play's for the club and gives his all, if that changes then maybe my opinion will change, just hope he has sense to go south and not to another Scottish team.

If ever Hearts have a team full of 11 players with both the ambition AND the quality to play at a higher level then that team will in all probabilty, win the league, if they are together for a whole season.

As it is, we suffer from having some players who are already playing at a higher level than they are equipped for.

The People's Chimp
Except of course, that he doesn't think he is that good. He says he needs to keep improving. The interviewer has asked him if he'd like to play in the CL and he, obviously, has said yes. Who wouldn't?

He's a fantastically talented player who has won us games with a turn of skill when all else was failing. He is key to our formation which has brought excellent, UEFA Cup style form. He has a rep for being dangerous and is often paid particularly close attention. This, IMO, can lead to him becoming frustrated and curtailing his involvement in games. This is a fault in his game which he must improve to get to the standard he can probably reach. That appears to be something he is aware of, judging by his comments.

I'm tempted to write an embarassing "too much sense for kickback" style post here, but I won't.

Archived