Ukio Bankas - Edinburgh

Maroon Mayhem

Maroon Mayhem

The last I heard in August, Ukio Bankas had headhunted four people in the UK from other banking organisations in order to establish a branch in Edinburgh and one in London. These people actually started work and HBOS were setting up as the clearing bank in the UK.

I had a conversation this morning with the same person who told me that HBOS pulled out when Lloyds TSB put a stop to all such deals until their situation became more clear and Ukio have failed to find another banking partner.

Could Vlad failing to get the bank up and running in the UK be a contributory factor to him pulling out of Hearts?

The last I heard in August, Ukio Bankas had headhunted four people in the UK from other banking organisations in order to establish a branch in Edinburgh and one in London. These people actually started work and HBOS were setting up as the clearing bank in the UK.

I had a conversation this morning with the same person who told me that HBOS pulled out when Lloyds TSB put a stop to all such deals until their situation became more clear and Ukio have failed to find another banking partner.

Could Vlad failing to get the bank up and running in the UK be a contributory factor to him pulling out of Hearts?

You're at the wind up eh? Come on 'fess up

I have not been in tocuh with a senior contact I had, but it was their intention to open up - there was clearing bank issues, but an agreement was close to settlement until the whole bnaking turmoil happened.

It was (only) my opinon at the time, this is why Ukio used the right to extens sposnosrship for a further year. I think that it was looking like the bank would not open, so we set about looking for a new sponsor, then when this development happened, and it looked like it would open they execised the 1 year extension. - then the banking crash happened.

What you say could be true, they certainly were recruting a few months ago or so, for some fairly senior and junior positions, but if what you say is true, then they have gone even further forward (or backward?).

If this has already been discussed then I apologise, I certainly couldn't find anything when I searched.

DO not think it has been, I was just saying what I knew and thoguht based on what I knew from a contact I had - I have not been in touch with them for a wee while now.

Maroon Mayhem
Where about did you find out that Vlad was 'pulling out of Hearts'?

I was posing the question "could Vlad pull out of Hearts if his UK banking plans fall through".

Our name was never the best with creditors in the first place but it's "allegedly" at an all time low just now. It doesn't seem the actions of a man with a long term business plan in place.

Commander Harris
Hmmm not sure then, how long is a piece of string....

twice the length from the middle to either end. FACT.

They certainly recruited and employed some staff for the bank, the premises are still there and the last I heard it had employees. It has never opened though.

I very much doubt that the likes of Hbos would freeze their clearing business due to the takeover, especially, since BOS will definitly remain as the brand in scotland.

It seems partially true and tbh I cant see UKIO ever opening in Edinburgh, instead I would expect them to punt the staff and blame the credit crunch.

Maroon Mayhem
They certainly recruited and employed some staff for the bank, the premises are still there and the last I heard it had employees. It has never opened though.

I very much doubt that the likes of Hbos would freeze their clearing business due to the takeover, especially, since BOS will definitly remain as the brand in scotland.

It seems partially true and tbh I cant see UKIO ever opening in Edinburgh, instead I would expect them to punt the staff and blame the credit crunch.

HBOS were only in negotiation to become the clearing bank in the UK - they hadn't actually started.

I demand to know, have these people been paid yet. :eek:

Ukios Bankas - Edinburgh. aye right. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So you wouldnt like to put in all those hundreds you have saved by not buying anything from the club shop, into a nice new shiny UKIO Bankas account?

I hear they give you a free piggy bank.

:xmasgrin:

Guest JamboRobbo
So you wouldnt like to put in all those hundreds you have saved by not buying anything from the club shop, into a nice new shiny UKIO Bankas account?

I hear they give you a free piggy bank.

:xmasgrin:

I would't give them my used irn bru bottles, never mind money. :xmasgrin:

Maroon Mayhem
the bank was never meant to open to the public, it was meant to be for buisness's only

That's not correct. Castle Street was primarily going to be a retail branch targeting Eastern European personal accounts. The business side was more a long term plan.

You must get iron bru delivered as your time is mainly spent on here, God knows what you would be like if we go back to last seasons form; then all i can think of is a vision of you as Old Steptoe.

Ukios Bankas - Edinburgh. aye right. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JamboRobbo - Hearts Fan. aye right :xmascrazy::xmascrazy::xmascrazy::xmascrazy:

Guest JamboRobbo
JamboRobbo - Hearts Fan. aye right :xmascrazy::xmascrazy::xmascrazy::xmascrazy:

Just as realising that Pieman was full of ****e didn't make the SOH guys any less a Hearts fan, realising that Romanov is full of ****e doesn't make me any less a Hearts fan either.

Just as realising that Pieman was full of ****e didn't make the SOH guys any less a Hearts fan, realising that Romanov is full of ****e doesn't make me any less a Hearts fan either.

Aye well maybe supporting your team instead of being the most negative person known to man. Although he has made some mistakes if he hadnt came in when he did where would we be playing now then??

onefootin.jpg

I think Vlad being involved with hearts has all to do with promoting Ukio Bankas, through shirt sponsorship of Hearts etc. If the "Burley era" had been allowd to run its course this would have given Vlad loads of positive publicity and chance of more publicity through European football, but that all went belly up!

Given the problems within the financial sector and probs with HBOS and RBS Edinburgh is probably not as attractive for a bank as it once was, so perhaps Hearts have little to offer Vlads Grand plan of promoting his banking empire.

Guest JamboRobbo
Aye well maybe supporting your team instead of being the most negative person known to man.

I have a ST and go to the games every week to support my team. Do you?

And did you say the same to the SOH people when they were out protesting against Pieman?

Although he has made some mistakes if he hadnt came in when he did where would we be playing now then??

Let me guess, we'd 100% definately be playing in front of 2k in the first division at Murrayfield?

forest_gump.jpg

ToadKiller Dog
And did you say the same to the SOH people when they were out protesting against Pieman?

Are you comparing sniping on an internet site with an organized group with aims and ideas taking action to try and change the way the club was run?.

Yeah i forgot that you moaning about every fuc*ing thing is the same as the SOH capaign!! All Hail the mighty JamboRobbo "King Of Hearts" he speaks for all good fans. How dare anyone be happy that the team is still at Tynie and that we are preforming well in the league.

ed_imgSNS13CROWN2C_2_25000a.jpg All Hail The King

Guest JamboRobbo
Are you comparing sniping on an internet site with an organized group with aims and ideas taking action to try and change the way the club was run?.

Not really, the point I'm trying to make, is that there is a difference between supporting HMFC, and supporting whoever is the custodian of the club.

Opposing Pieman didn't make the SOH guys hobos.

And not liking Romanovs methods doesn't make me a hobo.

Guest JamboRobbo
Yeah i forgot that you moaning about every fuc*ing thing is the same as the SOH capaign!! All Hail the mighty JamboRobbo "King Of Hearts" he speaks for all good fans. How dare anyone be happy that the team is still at Tynie and that we are preforming well in the league.

ed_imgSNS13CROWN2C_2_25000a.jpg All Hail The King

:laugh:

How did you know I look like that? I've never told anybody about the crown.

The point is, it's possible to support HMFC without supporting the owner, and that criticism of the owner should not be confused with "not supporting HMFC", as you repeatedly seem to do.

:laugh:

How did you know I look like that? I've never told anybody about the crown.

The point is, it's possible to support HMFC without supporting the owner, and that criticism of the owner should not be confused with "not supporting HMFC", as you repeatedly seem to do.

Well we will agree to disagree i just find you the most negative poster on this board who any chance he can will take a pop at Hearts/Romanov/Any lithuanian player. Anyway I thought you wernt getting a season ticket??

Somebody's got it sussed...:xmasgrin:

Guest JamboRobbo
Well we will agree to disagree

Which part are you disagreeing with? It doesn't seem you're disagreeing with any of my points, and the extent of your argument appearts to be to call me a hobo.

i just find you the most negative poster on this board who any chance he can will take a pop at Hearts/Romanov/Any lithuanian player. Anyway I thought you wernt getting a season ticket??

I have a ST. Do you?

Guest JamboRobbo
Somebody's got it sussed...:xmasgrin:

I've explained above what I was meaning. No-one has provided any sort of counter argument to the fact that there is a distinction between supporting the custodian, and supporting HMFC.

Feel free to do so if you can.......

Which part are you disagreeing with? It doesn't seem you're disagreeing with any of my points, and the extent of your argument appearts to be to call me a hobo.

I have a ST. Do you?

Not a "better fan" debate, surely?:xmasgrin:

I've explained above what I was meaning. No-one has provided any sort of counter argument to the fact that there is a distinction between supporting the custodian, and supporting HMFC.

Feel free to do so if you can.......

Agree with you on this one JR support the team got my ST but don't like the way the clubs being run, does that make me a hobo?

ps i think this is the second time i've agreed with you this year thank god it's mid December couldn't have it happening 3 times in a year :xmastongue:

Guest JamboRobbo
Not a "better fan" debate, surely?:xmasgrin:

I'll take your lack of even trying, as an admission you know as well as I do that I'm right. :xmastongue:

Guest JamboRobbo
Agree with you on this one JR support the team got my ST but don't like the way the clubs being run, does that make me a hobo?

ps i think this is the second time i've agreed with you this year thank god it's mid December couldn't have it happening 3 times in a year :xmastongue:

lol. Still a couple of weeks left yet mate! :xmasgrin:

lol. Still a couple of weeks left yet mate! :xmasgrin:

the fact that it happened twice in 50 weeks narrows the chance of it happening twice in the next 2 :xmasgrin:

20,000 + posts of negativity.

it may be appropriate for me to post at this time because the last time I

was in Tynecastle was in 2002 for the Dundee United game. This weeks game will have almost a 50% increase in attendace, the team in my opinion will be better, the coach will be equal or better and most importantly the game will still be at Tynecastle.

I agree that Romanov has made some mistakes but overall we are in a better position than 2002 and I appreciate what he has done.

was in Tynecastle was in 2002 for the Dundee United game. This weeks game will have almost a 50% increase in attendace, the team in my opinion will be better, the coach will be equal or better and most importantly the game will still be at Tynecastle.

I agree that Romanov has made some mistakes but overall we are in a better position than 2002 and I appreciate what he has done.

Welcome back. :xmasgrin:

I don't know if you are allowed to write this on KB!!!!!!

Romanov has made some big mistakes, but I agree with your overall opinions!!!

Help, here they come.....more negativity expected soon!!!!

My mate works for Ukio and when I spoke to him last week they are still opening. They are currently getting all the processes ironed out to satisfy the FSA before they can open.

There target market is Eastern Europeans hence the reason they we keen to employ staff who can speak Polish etc.

The bank is open but not to the public.

The bank is unable to operate in the UK because it has not yet been authorised to do so by the FSA. Thats a fact.

Archived