Ukio Bankas - Edinburgh

Maroon Mayhem

portobellojambo1
The last I heard in August, Ukio Bankas had headhunted four people in the UK from other banking organisations in order to establish a branch in Edinburgh and one in London. These people actually started work and HBOS were setting up as the clearing bank in the UK.

I had a conversation this morning with the same person who told me that HBOS pulled out when Lloyds TSB put a stop to all such deals until their situation became more clear and Ukio have failed to find another banking partner.

Could Vlad failing to get the bank up and running in the UK be a contributory factor to him pulling out of Hearts?

Looking at it purely as a going concern I would not expect UKIO Bankas in Edinburgh to get much further than it is at present, which seems to be a few skeleton (and I don't mean skinny) staff floating in and out of the existing premises in Edinburgh, and a web page that has had the same message on it for around 22 months now.

The only significant alteration from day one has possibly been that those advising him in relation to his banking activities were dismissed, because apparently they couldn't convince the FSA to allow him to open his banking operation without meeting all the necessary requirements (in all honesty even before the present financial crisis I do not think there was sufficient scope for the type of venture he was planning, i.e. targetting predominantly Easter Europeans living in the UK, as a country the UK probably already has more than enough financial institutions without adding to them).

However I would doubt that this venture would play any major part in Mr Romanov's decisions in relation to HMFC.

...the team in my opinion will be better, the coach will be equal or better and most importantly the game will still be at Tynecastle...

Playing at Tynie is more important to you - a person who doesn't even live in this country - than the team?

I dont know what living the country has anything to do with it. I havent lived in Scotland for 40 years but I'm just as avid a fan as I was when I started following them as a kid some 60+ years ago. I am a shareholder etc. I hope its ok to have sentiments towards Tynecastle.

I dont know what living the country has anything to do with it. I havent lived in Scotland for 40 years but I'm just as avid a fan as I was when I started following them as a kid some 60+ years ago. I am a shareholder etc. I hope its ok to have sentiments towards Tynecastle.

Having sentiments is one thing but thinking a stadium that you don't visit on regular basis is more important than the team seems strange to me.

Each to their own though.

J.T.F.Robertson
Having sentiments is one thing but thinking a stadium that you don't visit on regular basis is more important than the team seems strange to me.

Each to their own though.

I believe he means it in the context of, "what might have been".

Teams,owners.managers will change thru time. Tynecastle and maroon jerseys are about the only stable features.

Exactly.

Don't feel the need to justify yourself to anyone on here.

To some people Tynie is just bricks and mortar but to others it is what makes Hearts what they are.

john brownlee
HBOS were only in negotiation to become the clearing bank in the UK - they hadn't actually started.

good reason for the delayed payment into players account as I have said before

john brownlee
I have a ST and go to the games every week to support my team. Do you?

And did you say the same to the SOH people when they were out protesting against Pieman?

Let me guess, we'd 100% definately be playing in front of 2k in the first division at Murrayfield?

forest_gump.jpg

funny that is the image I have of you and not the dode in the edinburgh city strip you have as your avatar

the bank was never meant to open to the public, it was meant to be for buisness's only

I am sure Ukio Bankas bought the old Royal Bank building in St Andrew's Square however the other week when i passed it there were "To Let" signs on it which suggests they didn't buy it after all and RBS still own it or Ukio do own it but are not intending moving in anytime soon.

funny that is the image I have of you and not the dode in the edinburgh city strip you have as your avatar

Hahahahahaha! Brilliant post:xmasgrin:

I am sure Ukio Bankas bought the old Royal Bank building in St Andrew's Square however the other week when i passed it there were "To Let" signs on it which suggests they didn't buy it after all and TBS still own it or Ukio still own but are not intending moving in anytime soon.

No, they didn't.

No, they didn't.

Yes they did. Read the bottom of this Scotsman article on City Centre developments.

DEVELOPMENTS IN THE PIPELINE

Sites for hotel development:

George IV Bridge: Rezidor Hotel, being built.

Newbridge: Premier Inn and Novotel, being built.

Bristo Square: Hotel du Vin, being built.

Quartermile: "Boutique" hotel, planning consent granted.

Caltongate: Planning consent granted.

Edinburgh Park: Planning consent granted.

Former Morrison Goods Yard, Haymarket: Two hotels (five-star and three-star), planning application in.

St James Centre: Outline planning application in.

St Andrew Square: Ukio Bankas bought former RBS site, planning application to be submitted.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Hilton-aims-for-budget-city.4136234.jp?CommentPage=1&CommentPageLength=1000

Yes they did. Read the bottom of this Scotsman article on City Centre developments.

DEVELOPMENTS IN THE PIPELINE

Sites for hotel development:

George IV Bridge: Rezidor Hotel, being built.

Newbridge: Premier Inn and Novotel, being built.

Bristo Square: Hotel du Vin, being built.

Quartermile: "Boutique" hotel, planning consent granted.

Caltongate: Planning consent granted.

Edinburgh Park: Planning consent granted.

Former Morrison Goods Yard, Haymarket: Two hotels (five-star and three-star), planning application in.

St James Centre: Outline planning application in.

St Andrew Square: Ukio Bankas bought former RBS site, planning application to be submitted.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Hilton-aims-for-budget-city.4136234.jp?CommentPage=1&CommentPageLength=1000

Well - they may have provided the mortgage for the purchase but they're not the owners. EEN have it wrong.

Well - they may have provided the mortgage for the purchase but they're not the owners. EEN have it wrong.

Well lets see your proof that the EEN have it wrong?

I do love watching a good game of poker. :xmasgrin:

OK - just wait here while I go for a long stand.

There are people on here that could tell you the shoe sizes and inside leg measurements of the individuals that purchased that property. :xmasgrin:

If you want to believe that it's Ukio (other than the funding) that's cool.

UKIO do not and will not have a license to act as bankers in the UK for at least 8 years.

They also did not buy the building on St Andrews Sq.

Maroon Mayhem
UKIO do not and will not have a license to act as bankers in the UK for at least 8 years.

They also did not buy the building on St Andrews Sq.

Exactly, that's why they needed a partner to act as a clearing bank and nobody is forthcoming, especially after they had their rating downgraded.

Guest JamboRobbo

The "dode in the Edinburgh City strip" is an ex Hearts player. no surprise you don't even recognise him.

Colonel Kurtz
OK - just wait here while I go for a long stand.

There are people on here that could tell you the shoe sizes and inside leg measurements of the individuals that purchased that property. :xmasgrin:

If you want to believe that it's Ukio (other than the funding) that's cool.

Whover was responsible for agreeing the price involved,certainly caused a few comments on George Street bars and restaurants

Guest JamboRobbo
20,000 + posts of negativity.

it may be appropriate for me to post at this time because the last time I

was in Tynecastle was in 2002 for the Dundee United game. This weeks game will have almost a 50% increase in attendace, the team in my opinion will be better, the coach will be equal or better and most importantly the game will still be at Tynecastle.

I agree that Romanov has made some mistakes but overall we are in a better position than 2002 and I appreciate what he has done.

So someone thats not been to Tynecastle since 2002, is having a go at me, a ST, for the way I support HMFC. Okay doke.

Guest JamboRobbo

You should get used to it Rossmor38. You should just accept whatever Iainmac says is fact. He doesn't need to provide a source, or even tell you what his information is.

If he says you are wrong, you are wrong, and you should accept that with good grace.

"Whover was responsible for agreeing the price involved,certainly caused a few comments on George Street bars and restaurants"

Why CK?

What Iain Mac says is generally factually correct, you on the other hand are more or less Mr Negative on all matters HMFC.

Colonel Kurtz
"Whover was responsible for agreeing the price involved,certainly caused a few comments on George Street bars and restaurants"

Why CK?

What Iain Mac says is generally factually correct, you on the other hand are more or less Mr Negative on all matters HMFC.

Because it was perceived to be way above what was expected.

I am not negative ,more realistic

I still would like respected Hearts minded figure on board ,who would ensure transparency.

This could be a pre requisite of any investment in the stand,and might happen sooner rather than later..

I certainly wont be negative on Saturday after a few large Grey Gooses

You should get used to it Rossmor38. You should just accept whatever Iainmac says is fact. He doesn't need to provide a source, or even tell you what his information is.

If he says you are wrong, you are wrong, and you should accept that with good grace.

I usually like to have all the pertinent facts to hand before I post - if you followed suit, your post count would be slashed by about 90%.

Have a good evening.

Archived