And so it begins...

Ryan Gosling

I missed this, are you seriously suggesting ?14 Million for the two?

Perhaps a little over the top but it does illistrate the point that 4 million for the two of them would be a scandal, 4 each would be about right.

Just out of curiousity would anyone be happy if we got ?6m from Rangers for the pair of them plus Burke & Velicka?

I'd hate to see any of our top players go to the uglies but if a bid like that came in it would be hard to turn down.

However, as someone pointed out earlier, if they're paying massive fees for duds like Lafferty & Edu then we should be looking for equal if not more money for Berra & Driver.

I can't see Rangers getting ?6m for the 10 players they have to punt in January so I'd guess the only Scottish club we need to be bothered about is Celtic - and it appears they are retreating back to the biscuit tin by buying players from the League Of Ireland

Victor Meldrew
Just out of curiousity would anyone be happy if we got ?6m from Rangers for the pair of them plus Burke & Velicka?

I'd hate to see any of our top players go to the uglies but if a bid like that came in it would be hard to turn down.

However, as someone pointed out earlier, if they're paying massive fees for duds like Lafferty & Edu then we should be looking for equal if not more money for Berra & Driver.

No, I wouldn't be happy.

The reason is that it would again show a lack of ambition. Whilst we're seven points behind Der Hun (assuming we win our game in hand), I think that our current form is such that we can go on to catch them, particularly as there is an Old Firm match coming up.

We may well have to sell players, but to sell them to a team we are trying to catch would send out the message that we aren't trying too hard!

IF we are to sell Berra and Driver, there is enough inerest South of the Border.

JURNALISTZ R S3UM

That's too long for a personalised number plate, mate - you'll need to cut it back a bit ...

:xmasgrin:

No, I wouldn't be happy.

The reason is that it would again show a lack of ambition. Whilst we're seven points behind Der Hun (assuming we win our game in hand), I think that our current form is such that we can go on to catch them, particularly as there is an Old Firm match coming up.

We may well have to sell players, but to sell them to a team we are trying to catch would send out the message that we aren't trying too hard!

IF we are to sell Berra and Driver, there is enough inerest South of the Border.

That's a good point. It'd be nice to be able to hang onto them to see if we can keep the decent form going and maybe who know, challenge for 2nd spot?

But yeah, if we are to sell would much rather it'd be to clubs down south.

If Vlad can value Goncalves at €3m - and get a team to take that deal - then I think the values he has placed on Berra and Driver will be substansially higher than those getting bandied about in the press and on here.

Drylaw Hearts
According to the Herald Rangers HAVE to sell 10 players in January and Walter is bricking himself that no clubs will take any of them. Shame.

Kind of puts the Hearts Fire Sale stories, made up on here by alledged Hearts fans, into a bit of perspective.

If you believe The Hun and the Daily Ranger then ask yourself if it could be a coincidence that every time Rangers have a bad game there is a "story" in both these rags on the Monday about Walter buying a new player. It's almost like the laptop loyal get fed a story to take the great unwashed masses minds off the result - but that would NEVER happen when we have a FREE press, now would it??

How do you know they are made up ?

Guest JamboRobbo
If Vlad can value Goncalves at ?3m - and get a team to take that deal

He hasn't got them to pay the money yet. As Monkey heid said about Bednar, they didn't expect he'd be able to play well enough to justify the fee, but he surprised them.

I cannie see Jose managing to convince anyone who's seen him play for a year to pay 3M for him.

portobellojambo1
Just remember this - Rangers do not have any money.

Agree Samster, however I would not be surprised if one player does go to Rangers for a cut price fee, although not Driver or Berra. On the flip side it would make what we owe other companies a lot more favourable.

I would be very surprised if either went accross the M8.

Berra wants to go to England and I think Driver has bigger ambitions that the SPL.

Rangers have no money and I cant see them raising ?5m to get both players.

"fringe players".....and in that my friends is the warning for anyone who signs for the axis of evil. Alan Gow...I always admired gow when he was a bairn - always getting stuck in there and a constant threat - a hero of the club and now a nonentity and fringe player at the hun.....

take note

winston churchill
I would be very surprised if either went accross the M8.

Berra wants to go to England and I think Driver has bigger ambitions that the SPL.

Rangers have no money and I cant see them raising ?5m to get both players.

great debate on radio scotland.

wee ***** young, jim helicopter duffy,murder mcleod have driver&berra going to the auld furm in a cut price deal.

Archived