And so it begins...

Ryan Gosling

Driver and Berra to Rangers

This is going to be a long 6 weeks or so.

:xmassick:

Nice headline for the Huns to digest and get them buying the paper.

Until you read further down and it more or less confirms that they cant afford either of them.

jamboinglasgow

To be honest, I think Driver and Berra know this is speculation and will ignore it as such. I think the huns will be excited but come Febuary 1st both will still be at Hearts.

To be honest, I think Driver and Berra know this is speculation and will ignore it as such. I think the huns will be excited but come Febuary 1st both will still be at Hearts.

I agree with that totally. We have to sell but Vlad's no fool. Neither of these players has reached their full potential in terms of market value yet. Both will still be at Hearts unless we get an offer of Craig Gordon proportions for either of them

We are far more likely to be losing the likes of Aquiar, Kingston, Makela etc etc IMO. Those 3 alone save ?1.3 million off the wage bill and only Aquiar would really be missed IMO.

Nice headline for the Huns to digest and get them buying the paper.

Until you read further down and it more or less confirms that they cant afford either of them.

Ive not even read the article no intention of doing so, but this is exactly what i was going to say after reading the OP's post.

How thick and delluded can they get, headlines yesterday and today telling everyone rangers are shedding up to 10 playuers because they cant afford to keep them and are desperate for money, how the feck to they expect to pay somewhere in the region of 8million for two Hearts players (Thats what i reckon both those two would fetch and what vlad would be at least looking for)

If and when either of them leave it will be for a far bigger club and league than those lot through the west. driver still has what 4years? he will be here still by next summer easy maybe even the following season as well to get more experience (Especially if we qualify for europe) and also improve. and then by a year in january he will have reached roughly his maximum sell on amount we could get. Provided he keeps on improving which i see no reason why he wont. Berra im not sure how long his contract still has to go i think 2 years could be longer, Rangers will not part with the money vlad will want for him, thats even if vlad was to open negotiations with them

ScottishSandstorm

You can have them both for 40 million. Feck the Huns! Vlad, don't sell to those douchebags.

Snake Plissken
Ive not even read the article no intention of doing so, but this is exactly what i was going to say after reading the OP's post.

How thick and delluded can they get, headlines yesterday and today telling everyone rangers are shedding up to 10 playuers because they cant afford to keep them and are desperate for money, how the feck to they expect to pay somewhere in the region of 8million for two Hearts players (Thats what i reckon both those two would fetch and what vlad would be at least looking for)

If and when either of them leave it will be for a far bigger club and league than those lot through the west. driver still has what 4years? he will be here still by next summer easy maybe even the following season as well to get more experience (Especially if we qualify for europe) and also improve. and then by a year in january he will have reached roughly his maximum sell on amount we could get. Provided he keeps on improving which i see no reason why he wont. Berra im not sure how long his contract still has to go i think 2 years could be longer, Rangers will not part with the money vlad will want for him, thats even if vlad was to open negotiations with them

Berra's contract runs until 2011.

Laslo seemed to suggest that Hearts are looking for more than they got for CG for Berra. So ?40 million probably nearer the mark than ?4million for both players.

So they are looking to sell Bougherra for upwards of ?3m and then sign our 2 stars for ?4m.Aye right compare them with the **** they spent in the summer Vlad then tell them the value of our players.?3.5m for Lafferty or ?2.7m for Edu makes Driver at least a ?4m man and same goes for Berra against Bougherra.They probably want about ?1.5m for Burke and that's why nobody wants him.

according to the daily record bolton want berra

Exclusive: Bolton eye bid for ?3m-rated Hearts skipper Christophe Berra

Dec 15 2008 By David Mccarthy

BOLTON are sizing up a transfer window bid that could take Hearts skipper Christophe Berra to the Premiership.

The Lancashire side's chief scout Colin Harvey travelled to Celtic Park on Saturday to watch the Tynecastle skipper produce an outstanding display against the SPL champions.

Bolton boss Gary Megson must now decide whether to table a bid for the young Scotland internationalist in the January transfer window or wait until the summer.

But cash-strapped Hearts would find it difficult to resist a bid of around ?3million for the left-sided centre-back who has broken into George Burley's Scotland squad this season.

Jambos manager Csaba Laszlo admitted he has spoken to Berra - and Saturday's scorer Andy Driver - about the speculation surrounding their futures and has warned both players to be sure that they can hold down a first-team place at their next destination before moving out of Edinburgh.

Laszlo will almost certainly have to ship out several players next month, with Laryea Kingston, David Obua and Bruno Aguiar also on the radar of clubs down south.

Hearts desperately need to pull in transfer cash to stave off a financial crisis that has twice seen them fail to pay their players on time this term. Despite that, Laszlo has guided them to a six-game unbeaten run including a 2-1 victory over Rangers and a 1-1 draw against Celtic on Saturday.

But the coach is in no hurry to lose any of his players at Tynecastle - particularly Berra and Driver. He said: "I have spoken with Berra and Driver.

"I think that they have to be sure about the right time to move on.

"They must be playing football at this stage in their careers.

"If they go somewhere and don't play it can be very difficult to get back to the level they are at just now."

So they are looking to sell Bougherra for upwards of ?3m and then sign our 2 stars for ?4m.Aye right compare them with the **** they spent in the summer Vlad then tell them the value of our players.?3.5m for Lafferty or ?2.7m for Edu makes Driver at least a ?4m man and same goes for Berra against Bougherra.They probably want about ?1.5m for Burke and that's why nobody wants him.

slightly off topic but Driver on the left and Burke on the right wing sounds rather tasty to me. I say we buy Burke :xmaszip:

Charlie-Brown

Rangers & Celtic will still continue to be linked with every player under the sun even though Rangers are cash strapped and only able to buy once they have sold or moved on several fringe players and also any first team player they get a decent bid for.

Like it or not the transfer speculation surrounding the Uglies generates interest & helps to sell newspapers.........them saying that Premiership & Championship clubs are reported to be interested in Berra & Driver ticks far fewer boxes for the tabloids.

Seymour M Hersh

Every report you read now contains something alluding to many of our players being sold in January. Match reports etc etc etc. Csaba must be doing something right then.

Just remember this - Rangers do not have any money.

Facts don't interest journalists working for either the Sun or the Record.

When we beat Dundee United on Saturday, they'll have a buyer ready for all the of the starting eleven, with either Rangers or Celtic leading the pack for most of them. The word "Pathetic" just does not seem to do them justice.

All this speculation and interest just proves what a good job Csaba is doing. The recent form of the team and these two especially will make the specualtion continue however as I said before I don't believe that Rangers or Celtic have large amounts of money to spend. If Berra and Driver go it will hopefully be to a bigger Club in a better league.

That said I want to see them both here for at least another year.

This is all just made up, what a lot of tosh.

I personally don't think either of them will be away in Jan.

They will only improve for the rest of season and with this there price will go up.

The one thing I do like about Vlad is his dislike of the OF,I'm sure that if he can help it none of our players will end up going to either of them, I hope this is the case as i'd hate to see them at either of the OF when I think they can potentially go to one of the premiership teams and have a crack down there.

The one thing I do like about Vlad is his dislike of the OF,I'm sure that if he can help it none of our players will end up going to either of them, I hope this is the case as i'd hate to see them at either of the OF when I think they can potentially go to one of the premiership teams and have a crack down there.

I'm sure that he will use any interest either of the Ugly Sisters might have, to drive up the price for any EPL teams that may come looking at out assets.

Before my usual response of "it's in the sun it must be true".

1. 4 million is a joke, try sticking a 1 on the front.

2. Rangers cant afford them.

3. No way vlad's going to sell to them.

And finally

4. It's in the sun it must be true. :mw_rolleyes:

slightly off topic but Driver on the left and Burke on the right wing sounds rather tasty to me. I say we buy Burke :xmaszip:

Funny you should say that - when I started to read this thread my immediate thought, only if we desperately have to sell, was an offer of Burke plus cash (maybe ?1.5m) from the smellies and they can have Driver.

Neither Walter Smith or Sandy Jardine has a say in who Rangers buy anyway, it's all down to who Murray wants to sign! :xmastongue:

Surely not! This never happens at Rangers... :xmaswoot:

Rangers & Celtic will still continue to be linked with every player under the sun even though Rangers are cash strapped and only able to buy once they have sold or moved on several fringe players and also any first team player they get a decent bid for.

Like it or not the transfer speculation surrounding the Uglies generates interest & helps to sell newspapers.........them saying that Premiership & Championship clubs are reported to be interested in Berra & Driver ticks far fewer boxes for the tabloids.

Tend to agree.

When we were rubbish, none of our players were linked with bigger clubs, when we play well it is obvious that these links will follow. My only wish is that if any player leaves the club we get at least the market value for the player.

And finally

My thoughts exactly!

I suppose there is one good thing to come out of Vlad's antics and the goings on at Tynecastle - it will take a helluva lot more than some paper talk around the transfer window to unsettle our players. They've already dealt with multiple managers, fax machines, golden sticks, conspiricy theories, no wages, owners with boxing gloves/dancing shoes/dancing bears.

It'll all be like water off a duck's back :xmascrazy:

I missed this, are you seriously suggesting ?14 Million for the two?

I missed this, are you seriously suggesting ?14 Million for the two?

I don't see why we can't get atleast 4-5 million each.........

I mean Brown, and Thompson? they were about 4 mill....?

I beleive selling to a club in the same league, especially to those mhanky bassas, then there should be a massive price inflation.

The thread title says it all. Once more the weegie media perceive us a threat. Once more we have shown we are capable of taking on the OF.

We are playing well with a good manager and have a game in hand. The weegie see threats to their beloved OF, from a great distance, because they know how poor they really are.

Notice how little they wrote when things were not going too well?

They try to unsettle our players with these stupid stories in the hope they are distracted from catching Rankers.

Well I don't think Shabba will let that happen, and so they are wasting their time ( and ours) discussing it.

I don't see why we can't get atleast 4-5 million each.........

I mean Brown, and Thompson? they were about 4 mill....?

I beleive selling to a club in the same league, especially to those mhanky bassas, then there should be a massive price inflation.

I think that four would be a fantastic figure. It would be possible for Berra, but I would say that Driver would need to start playing for England Under 21's with a degree of regularity for that fee to be realised. Even then, that is eight Million, the post I quoted wanted another SIX Million!!!!!

boabyarsebiscuit

If the objective in January is to raise as much cash as possible, it may not actually be a bad thing to have OF interest in our players, as interested Premier League or Championship sides will find themselves being "bid up". FWIW, I think Driver and Berra are too good for Rangers. From a career development standpoint, in Driver's case in particular, he would be much better off going to England, especially if he has genuine U21 aspirations. And Berra will probably have better options than being a Rangers "bench-warmer".

Plus Mr Romanov has stated he'll never sell to the Old Firm anyway!

As has been said, this cosy little headline suits the Record and Rangers, in their mutual love-in.

As much as Vlad drives us up the wall, he aint no mug.

Buffalo Bill

monkeys the lot of them.

maybe vlad will for out for some bananas for the media?

Looking at you impressive run on Football manager,

You need to get out more:xmasgrin:

the good thing is that even if they did go,..vlad will get top dollar for them.

thats the great thing about vlad,..cant see any more of our players going to them at any less than the clubs evaluation...plus 20%he

As has been stated a few times on here by people, including myself, Vlad will not sell to the OF, unless they were to offer Vlads asking price for a player and then add a little more on top, but even then I think his hatred for them would still see him telling them to GTF. As has been proved with Judas Webster and Velicka it takes some unscrupulous, underhand dealings and goings on for them to get their hands on our players. The only one I can think of who has went to the OF without a cloud over his head is Hartley, but that i think was good business. Drivers value will have rose steeply and continues to rise. I do believe Driver wants to stay with us anyway for the near fututre, if you listen to what he has said, I think the best time to sell Driver if we were to would be a in January 2010 or summer 2010. This is about the time where he will reach maximum Value based on contract left and experienced gained and improvement, especially if we make Europe. Berra as someone has said is contracted till 2011 would reach his maximum sell on about the same point or next summer. These are how vlad sells players, He looks at a players contract and works out at what time in that contract is the best time to sell to achieve the maximum amount of money.

If they were to go in January (Which i doubt) It would not be for the poxy 4million quoted in the daily ******, try doubling that and adding a bit more.

The Old Tolbooth

And finally

Saves me posting, well said mate :)

The Old Tolbooth
"Ah wahnt that Bearah byraway" and "That Kingsin's nae bad n aw big man, ahl hav a bit ae him at Ibrox soahwill" is all I hear from them through here.

I delight in telling them they can't afford them in a million years, which tends to trigger the "does not compute" face.

The though of Berra and Driver being paraded at Ibrox next month is actually hilarious in its absurdity.

Absolutely brilliant quote Borthers :rofl:

I can just imagine the thick weedgies not being able to take that in, looking confused whilst draped in bling and supping buckie in a shell suit with his pit bull growling by his side (I know it's wrong to sterotype, but that's the mental image I have of huns) :D

Of course, when/if Vlad tells the old firm to gtf regarding any unacceptable bids, he will once again be castigated in the media.

Example : EVIL VLAD REJECTS RANGERS BID FOR DRIVER

"Vladimir Romanov is being accused of standing in the way of Andy Driver being allowed to progress his career at a bigger club. A bid of ?800,000 was made over the weekend and Hearts have INCREDIBLY rejected it" :xmasgrin:

Guest Dipped Flake
Of course, when/if Vlad tells the old firm to gtf regarding any unacceptable bids, he will once again be castigated in the media.

Example : EVIL VLAD REJECTS RANGERS BID FOR DRIVER

"Vladimir Romanov is being accused of standing in the way of Andy Driver being allowed to progress his career at a bigger club. A bid of ?800,000 was made over the weekend and Hearts have INCREDIBLY rejected it" :xmasgrin:

Had a wee laugh at that but then realised that it was too close to the truth to laugh about. God I hope we don't sell anyone to the filth. If they go, I hope they go down south for top dollar; but I really hope they both stay for at least another year

jamboinglasgow
Hahaha.

Headline: "HEARTS ACE DRIVER: GIVE ME DREAM GERS MOVE"

Driver quote in article: "I'd like to move to a big league like England in the future, but I'm happy here just now."

or possibly have that quote followed by the paper going "says Driver who obviously is being forced to say what puppet master vlad wants him to say. But hearts ARE FACING A JANUARY FIRE SALE (source, ourselves) and even the mad dancing Russian will sell him and bring in Lithumania to Hearts again bringing over the whole of the Kaunas team to replace Driver."

typical poor quality journalism.

According to the Herald Rangers HAVE to sell 10 players in January and Walter is bricking himself that no clubs will take any of them. Shame.

Kind of puts the Hearts Fire Sale stories, made up on here by alledged Hearts fans, into a bit of perspective.

If you believe The Hun and the Daily Ranger then ask yourself if it could be a coincidence that every time Rangers have a bad game there is a "story" in both these rags on the Monday about Walter buying a new player. It's almost like the laptop loyal get fed a story to take the great unwashed masses minds off the result - but that would NEVER happen when we have a FREE press, now would it??

Just out of curiousity would anyone be happy if we got ?6m from Rangers for the pair of them plus Burke & Velicka?

I'd hate to see any of our top players go to the uglies but if a bid like that came in it would be hard to turn down.

However, as someone pointed out earlier, if they're paying massive fees for duds like Lafferty & Edu then we should be looking for equal if not more money for Berra & Driver.

Archived