BBC Radio News

3inaBednar

Not disputing the possibilities being argued on either side simply becuase they are all theoretical 'what if's?' , however there are far too many people on here that never once seem to think what if? and come up with something positive! Always glass half empty with some folk!

As for me i will take the news as being good for hearts, why? Well look around and see both the banks that hold other clubs debts getting bailed out right left and centre and also the clubs that have no sponsor/sponsor has gone bust/ sponsor nearly going to the wall! So I would much rather have our debt held with and be sponsored by a Bank that for whatever magical mystery reason is posting profits of any level in the current financial climate!

It wasn't the bank that posted the profit.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I spoke to Campbell Ogilvie at the Falkirk game, he said that the club is currently being run at almost 100 percent of the income goes on players wages, all the rest comes out of Vlad's pocket.

Going forward the plan is to reduce the percentage to nearer 50% so the club can be self supportive.

Makes prudent sense to me, no hidden agendas just sound business practice.

Funny how I never saw him say that in his media interviews recently!!

It may make prudent sense but imagine our squad.....but with 50% of the quality we have now.....ouch

Will there EVER be an announcement or piece of news which could be deemed positive you will NOT try to twist into your Anti-Vlad/Hearts agenda.

If this had been negative news would you have tried to twist it in a way there could have been a positive outcome?

Please remind me never to have a drink in your company, you must be the life and soul of a party with all that doom and gloom inside you.

Do you have the samaritans number stored in your phone by any chance?

But, and i've said this before, Prancer's negativity is more in keeping with the feelings of the guys i go to games with. Not always but it's a damn sight closer than most.

I think some posters need to stop being bullish about our state and to stop worrying that hobos are reading this and reporting our comments back to hibs.net.

Ubig could make ?200000000000M but if they are not paying Hearts bills or players it's not doing my team any good is it.

I think your love of romanov is blinding you also.

Obviously you overlooked the words "rational thought".

Whether it was doing any good is a side issue: I was simply wondering why the negative press seemed to want it both ways.

OK

Ubig recently swapped 12 million debt for equity.

This will have decreased their profits but have reduced hearts debt.

Therefore say Ubig had no profits for a year, and decided to swap hearts remaining debt for equity ( say 24 million for purely illustration purposes).

Ubigs cash would see a 24 million drop and thus result in a loss, all the while hearts would be debt free.

Accounting records and interpretations are very complex, but anyone who states that a profit is great and a loss bad, without knowing far more information about how it is being achieved, is talking out of their absolute behind.

I think you protest too much, and it looks like you are hoping for worst case scenarios instead of good one. Your trying to hard to look for a negative. Pretty disgracefull from a so called Jambo. Are you a Hearts fan at all?

Wrong

You don't know what your talking about.

Only Prancer does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Negativity after negativity! What a life!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only Prancer does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Negativity after negativity! What a life!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas is a tough time for him. Lots of deliveries. Lots of overtime.

Christmas is a tough time for him. Lots of deliveries. Lots of overtime.

He works in the delivery ward? Never had him down as a nurse.:xmaswoot:

OK

Ubig recently swapped 12 million debt for equity.

This will have decreased their profits but have reduced hearts debt.

Therefore say Ubig had no profits for a year, and decided to swap hearts remaining debt for equity ( say 24 million for purely illustration purposes).

Ubigs cash would see a 24 million drop and thus result in a loss, all the while hearts would be debt free.

Accounting records and interpretations are very complex, but anyone who states that a profit is great and a loss bad, without knowing far more information about how it is being achieved, is talking out of their absolute behind.

You are 100% correct re the highlighted part - that is without dispute. You have however lost me off in the earlier part of your doom prophecy.

Are you saying - yes or no - that if UBIG had not done a debt for equity deal with HMFC their profit would have been over ?30m (all other things being equal)?

Are you even suggesting that the ?20m UBIG profit might have been obtained by a transfer of assets (temporary or otherwise) from HMFC to them and if so, would you like to speculate on what this might have been?

[/b]

You are 100% correct re the highlighted part - that is without dispute. You have however lost me off in the earlier part of your doom prophecy.

Are you saying - yes or no - that if UBIG had not done a debt for equity deal with HMFC their profit would have been over ?30m (all other things being equal)?

Are you even suggesting that the ?20m UBIG profit might have been obtained by a transfer of assets (temporary or otherwise) from HMFC to them and if so, would you like to speculate on what this might have been?

I simply said its possible

Hearts have in the past paid for Kaunas players to be transferred it would appear although no one will confirm or give figures.

Say Ubig started to acquire registrations for players like Screpsis instead of Kaunas or Hearts, and then when we sold Gordon, they charged us 2 million for Screpsis to join hearts.

What about massive consultancy fee's

What about transferring land or leases as part payment of debt at low valuations?

As I said I doubt any of the above are the case, I was simply trying to illustrate how a profit or loss on its own of Ubig tells us nothing about the impact on hearts.

Also it isnt a Ubig profit, the OP heard wrong, Ukio made the profit, its quite easy a substantial sum of that came from hearts debt servicing.

Obviously you overlooked the words "rational thought".

Whether it was doing any good is a side issue: I was simply wondering why the negative press seemed to want it both ways.

Side issue??

Whether it does Hearts any good is the ONLY issue.

I simply said its possible

Hearts have in the past paid for Kaunas players to be transferred it would appear although no one will confirm or give figures.

Say Ubig started to acquire registrations for players like Screpsis instead of Kaunas or Hearts, and then when we sold Gordon, they charged us 2 million for Screpsis to join hearts.

What about massive consultancy fee's

What about transferring land or leases as part payment of debt at low valuations?

As I said I doubt any of the above are the case, I was simply trying to illustrate how a profit or loss on its own of Ubig tells us nothing about the impact on hearts.

Also it isnt a Ubig profit, the OP heard wrong, Ukio made the profit, its quite easy a substantial sum of that came from hearts debt servicing.

In theory you are right that all things are possible but is it not a little unreal to suggest that HMFC would/could be directly or indirectly responsible for a profit at UBIG after they did a ?12m debt for equity deal. You just seem too keen to negate any hint of good news that comes the club's way.

Archived