BBC Radio News

3inaBednar

Just heard on the news quick bit saying UBIG have made 20 million last 6 months? Great news, put's all the doomers to bed.:xmasgrin:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just heard on the news quick bit saying UBIG have made 20 million last 6 months? Great news, put's all the doomers to bed.:xmasgrin:

You need to analyse the information in far more detail before you can say great news.

Yes it sounds encouraging, but for all we know they have made a profit by forcing hearts to repay the debt (in accounting ways).

I.e Ukio could loan hearts 20 million at higher interest than before to pay Ubig.

Thus whilst I doubt its the case, I wouldnt get yourself too excited.

You also need to remember the banks were counting billions of profits whilst running up billions in dodgy assets.

Hopefully it is just a good old fashioned 20 million profit but you do need to analyse that figure before you can say its brillant news.

You need to analyse the information in far more detail before you can say great news.

Yes it sounds encouraging, but for all we know they have made a profit by forcing hearts to repay the debt (in accounting ways).

I.e Ukio could loan hearts 20 million at higher interest than before to pay Ubig.

Thus whilst I doubt its the case, I wouldnt get yourself too excited.

You also need to remember the banks were counting billions of profits whilst running up billions in dodgy assets.

Hopefully it is just a good old fashioned 20 million profit but you do need to analyse that figure before you can say its brillant news.

Will there EVER be an announcement or piece of news which could be deemed positive you will NOT try to twist into your Anti-Vlad/Hearts agenda.

If this had been negative news would you have tried to twist it in a way there could have been a positive outcome?

Please remind me never to have a drink in your company, you must be the life and soul of a party with all that doom and gloom inside you.

Do you have the samaritans number stored in your phone by any chance?

Will there EVER be an announcement or piece of news which could be deemed positive you will NOT try to twist into your Anti-Vlad/Hearts agenda.

If this had been negative news would you have tried to twist it in a way there could have been a positive outcome?

Please remind me never to have a drink in your company, you must be the life and soul of a party with all that doom and gloom inside you.

Do you have the samaritans number stored in your phone by any chance?

The difference is simply saying ubig made 20 million profit isnt positive necessarily for hearts.

It could be, but who knows, it could as explained be negative for hearts.

We simply dont know and thus describing it as "great" news is very naive until you know the facts of how the profit was made. What if for exactly hearts had transferred lots of player registations to Ubig and they have sold them to make the profit. would that be "great".

I must apologise for using the words good news. This is a terrible announcement, I hope it's a lie and UBIG actually made a 50 million loss:xmaseye:

I must apologise for using the words good news. This is a terrible announcement, I hope it's a lie and UBIG actually made a 50 million loss:xmaseye:

You don't know anything about the announcement though.

the figures could be good or bad for hearts, just like a 50 million loss could be.

Say Ubig made a 50 million loss, it could be because they had invested it in hearts. That would be "great" news.

Our parent company making a loss or profit can not be analysed without the full and proper information around it.

The difference is simply saying ubig made 20 million profit isnt positive necessarily for hearts.

It could be, but who knows, it could as explained be negative for hearts.

We simply dont know and thus describing it as "great" news is very naive until you know the facts of how the profit was made. What if for exactly hearts had transferred lots of player registations to Ubig and they have sold them to make the profit. would that be "great".

For a company that has been rumoured for months to be headng for administration or closing down etc UKIO/UBIG im talking about here, to announce 20million profit in 6 months i would say is great news. wouldnt you?

Does this not show the company which own us are not in the financial trouble that has been rumoured?

alwaysthereinspirit

Are you sure they didn't say "bbc understands"

For a company that has been rumoured for months to be headng for administration or closing down etc UKIO/UBIG im talking about here, to announce 20million profit in 6 months i would say is great news. wouldnt you?

Does this not show the company which own us are not in the financial trouble that has been rumoured?

As far as I am aware I havent heard anything about Ubig/Ukio going into Admin.

I have heard about hearts going into admin though.

Frankly I dont give a **** about Ukio or Ubig.

Hearts are an entirely seperate entity, and my only concern about the above companies is the affect it has on hearts. A 20 million pound profit, or loss for that matter could have a great effect for hearts, or a disastarous effect for hearts.

Tbh some hearts supporters need to concern themselves with hearts, and hearts alone rather than celebrate a profit from ubig which they have absolutely no idea how it affects hearts.

People moan about no good news, and when something appears to be a more possitive story, it gets shot down right away.

Had this been disasterous news most on here would have gone into meltdown. Take every news story with a pinch of salt, good or bad, but at least give it time to be proved one way or the other. Hearts news doesn't always have to be bad sometimes it can also be good.

As far as I am aware I havent heard anything about Ubig/Ukio going into Admin.

I have heard about hearts going into admin though.

Frankly I dont give a **** about Ukio or Ubig.

Hearts are an entirely seperate entity, and my only concern about the above companies is the affect it has on hearts. A 20 million pound profit, or loss for that matter could have a great effect for hearts, or a disastarous effect for hearts.

Tbh some hearts supporters need to concern themselves with hearts, and hearts alone rather than celebrate a profit from ubig which they have absolutely no idea how it affects hearts.

So we wont see you posting and doom mongering on anymore UKIO/UBIG threads then if they dont concern you?

Im only interested in my team as well, however since my team are owned by this company it is only right i also take a small interest in them also.

correct, Hearts may be skint but Vlad isn't so surely now the debate turns to why if he is not skint does it look like he is slowly withdrawing the levels of funding he had previoulsy put in place. Is he trimming the club for a sale or has he lost interest?

What you say makes a lot of sense to me any positive news right now is good.:xmasgrin:

Some people really need to stop posting when they know nothing about the context.

A profit for Ubig alone means absolutely nothing to hearts, it could be positive, it could be negative.

Its not "great news", it isnt "bad news".

We can only decide this when we know the full facts about how it came about.

As said the profit could come from good trading, it could come from shafting hearts.

We simply dont know.

Youll never put the doomers and gloomers to bed,they crave failure at Tynecastle and will find any way of tarnishing the club,and then shout from on high how magnificent Jambos they are...they make me BOAK!

It's UKIO, not UBIG that has made the profit - excellent results for a bank I say.

http://www.ub.lt/ShowPage.aspx?MenuC=1568&ShowDoc=news.2008_12_11&PageLang=ENG&PageFontSize=&BackUrlName=All%20news&BackUrlHref=AllNewsHref

Ūkio bankas reports the eleven-month net profit of LTL 95.7 million

During eleven months of 2008 Ūkio bankas earned net profit of LTL 95.7 million (EUR 27.7 million) – i. e. 21.3 percent more than in the same period of previous year, when a profit of LTL 78.9 million (EUR 22.8 million) was earned.

Ūkio bankas and Ūkio bankas Group comply with all the prudential requirements set by the Bank of Lithuania. As of 30 November 2008, Bank‘s capital adequacy ratio was 12.89 percent (requirement – not less than 8 percent), liquidity ratio – 36.72 percent (requirement – not less than 30 percent).

cough.... splutter....

i'm actually with 'the grim prancer' on this to be fair. i would tend to think it's far more complex than simply saying that a ?20M profit for UBIG equates to good news for us.

they may have made big operating profits on one hand but they may have taken huge hits to their actual assets on the other... kinda thing.

ok pancer... back over to you. say something else which i can disagree with. :)

correct, Hearts may be skint but Vlad isn't so surely now the debate turns to why if he is not skint does it look like he is slowly withdrawing the levels of funding he had previoulsy put in place. Is he trimming the club for a sale or has he lost interest?

I spoke to Campbell Ogilvie at the Falkirk game, he said that the club is currently being run at almost 100 percent of the income goes on players wages, all the rest comes out of Vlad's pocket.

Going forward the plan is to reduce the percentage to nearer 50% so the club can be self supportive.

Makes prudent sense to me, no hidden agendas just sound business practice.

alwaysthereinspirit
People moan about no good news, and when something appears to be a more possitive story, it gets shot down right away.

Had this been disasterous news most on here would have gone into meltdown. Take every news story with a pinch of salt, good or bad, but at least give it time to be proved one way or the other. Hearts news doesn't always have to be bad sometimes it can also be good.

People on here moan about good news.

People on here moan about bad news.

People on here moan about no news. (we need to know)

People on here moan when Hearts release news (we dont need to know everything)

It's just our nature. We're Jambos

UBIG /UKIO making any profit can only mean good news for Hearts. IF they had posted bad news, then I would tend to agree that we are in trouble. UBIG losing money would mean either a reduction in funding for us, or total withdrawal of funding, both of which would be disaterous. Take the good news with a little dignity and try not to find bad in everything you see.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Don't know why people are getting so upset about the perceived negativity. So far there is only one person who has been remotely negative about this - Prancer! Why is everybody getting so hot under the collar?

UBIG /UKIO making any profit can only mean good news for Hearts. IF they had posted bad news, then I would tend to agree that we are in trouble. UBIG losing money would mean either a reduction in funding for us, or total withdrawal of funding, both of which would be disaterous. Take the good news with a little dignity and try not to find bad in everything you see.

You clearly do not know what your talking about.

Ubig or Ukio making a profit or loss could have both good or bad implications for hearts.

Ukio/ubig could for example lose 35 million and it could be debt write off of hearts which would be brillant.

Likewise they could make 20 million but this is because they have shafted hearts.

Do I need to explain it slower for some people on here?

Don't know why people are getting so upset about the perceived negativity. So far there is only one person who has been remotely negative about this - Prancer! Why is everybody getting so hot under the collar?

I havent been negative. I have simply pointed out this announcement could mean anything.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
I havent been negative. I have simply pointed out this announcement could mean anything.

I know. I just meant could perceive to be negative if one was looking for negativity

You clearly do not know what your talking about.

Ubig or Ukio making a profit or loss could have both good or bad implications for hearts.

Ukio/ubig could for example lose 35 million and it could be debt write off of hearts which would be brillant.

Likewise they could make 20 million but this is because they have shafted hearts.

Do I need to explain it slower for some people on here?

Ok maybe I'm thick, but how do they make 20mill by shafting Hearts, when everyone tells us we have no money? IF they had called in 20mill of our debt that would be bad news, but we would also be out of business. We ain't,... well not the last I heard anyway.

oh no, not again...

must again re-iterate a support for prancer's position.

fine, UBIG make a profit now but their longer term prospects may not be great. it might well be good news for us that our parent company appear to have made ?20M.... if so, yaaay!!!.... but for all we know that ?20M may already have been swallowed up and their actual cash flow position may be crap.

oh no, not again...

must again re-iterate a support for prancer's position.

fine, UBIG make a profit now but their longer term prospects may not be great. it might well be good news for us that our parent company appear to have made ?20M.... if so, yaaay!!!.... but for all we know that ?20M may already have been swallowed up and their actual cash flow position may be crap.

Well you see when I went to school( ok many moons ago) IF you made a profit, you had cleared all you owe and had money left over( profit)If you made a loss you take all the money you have and are still owe( loss).

Maybe todays finance is accounted differently but that's how I was taught.

Ok maybe I'm thick, but how do they make 20mill by shafting Hearts, when everyone tells us we have no money? IF they had called in 20mill of our debt that would be bad news, but we would also be out of business. We ain't,... well not the last I heard anyway.

1) They could have forced us to borrow from Ukio at higher cost to repay Ubig

2) some sort of asset/transfer sale

3) Consultancy fees being charged

4) High debt charges

Not saying any of these would be straightforward or even definitly possibly, but if you honestly think a 20 million profit by Ubig would be definitely great for hearts with no other information, you are definitely thick as you put it in this stream of knowlege

Well you see when I went to school( ok many moons ago) IF you made a profit, you had cleared all you owe and had money left over( profit)If you made a loss you take all the money you have and are still owe( loss).

Maybe todays finance is accounted differently but that's how I was taught.

the point being we don't know the fine details of how their business operates.

they may have made operating profits but they may also have less than profitable times ahead.

if my employer paid me double in wages this month i would be quids in for a few weeks, but if my employer's profit making prospects look like taking a nose dive.... i could be oot on my ear.

the point is.... it's probably far more complex than just suggesting that ?20M profits for UBIG translates straight into better times for us.

1) They could have forced us to borrow from Ukio at higher cost to repay Ubig

2) some sort of asset/transfer sale

3) Consultancy fees being charged

4) High debt charges

Not saying any of these would be straightforward or even definitly possibly, but if you honestly think a 20 million profit by Ubig would be definitely great for hearts with no other information, you are definitely thick as you put it in this stream of knowlege

Taking all the senarios you have listed could be bad no doubt, but I was meaning more along the lines of short term viability. OK we end up with a higher rate loan, but who would pay this if we have no money? VR?

The same goes for fees, and debt charges, Who will pay?

VR wants the club to run it'self. Lowering the wage budget will help do this. The measures you have listed will not.

IF VR is honest about the way the club has to be run, what would be the point of the above measures you list?

As I said, if UBIG/UKIO had posted a loss, I could see this as bad news right away! But posting a profit means they will continue to run Hearts as we are until the costs are reduced. NO?

the point being we don't know the fine details of how their business operates.

they may have made operating profits but they may also have less than profitable times ahead.

if my employer paid me double in wages this month i would be quids in for a few weeks, but if my employer's profit making prospects look like taking a nose dive.... i could be oot on my ear.

the point is.... it's probably far more complex than just suggesting that ?20M profits for UBIG translates straight into better times for us.

Ah now see I didn't say better times for us, simply that we are not going bust as everyone on here is suggesting.

see the above post as to why I think posting a profit is better than posting a loss.

It maybe the most simplistic of terms but I would suggest better news than bad. Just how good remains to be seen.

Ah now see I didn't say better times for us, simply that we are not going bust as everyone on here is suggesting.

see the above post as to why I think posting a profit is better than posting a loss.

It maybe the most simplistic of terms but I would suggest better news than bad. Just how good remains to be seen.

It's unfortunate but there is a cadre of posters on here who would take great delight in seeing the club going to wall just so they could say "I told you so". As you have probably already deduced that for the same people any sort of news will be dressed as bad news to suit their view on the club. Sad but true.

it basically all remains to be seen i would say. for all we know, this may have absolutely no effect whatsoever for us. the way ahead for hearts may have been decided a long time ago and that there will be no change to whatever plan is in place, regardless of how UBIG are performing.

i would far prefer to see tangible changes for the better in how HEARTS finances are run, rather than headline figures about how UBIG are faring.

It's unfortunate but there is a cadre of posters on here who would take great delight in seeing the club going to wall just so they could say "I told you so". As you have probably already deduced that for the same people any sort of news will be dressed as bad news to suit their view on the club. Sad but true.

There has always been an elemnt of doom merchants, however the numbers have increased recently in proportion to the un proven news stories.

Too many are willing to believe all that's bad and won't hear anything good.

Well I have GOOD news for them:

Currently on a 5 game winning run.

Fourth in the league with a game in hand.

A chance to put the Hubs out the BIG cup for another year.

We ain't gone bust ( yet)

Tiberius Stinkfinger
it basically all remains to be seen i would say. for all we know, this may have absolutely no effect whatsoever for us. the way ahead for hearts may have been decided a long time ago and that there will be no change to whatever plan is in place, regardless of how UBIG are performing.

i would far prefer to see tangible changes for the better in how HEARTS finances are run, rather than headline figures about how UBIG are faring.

My oh my ....

You started a thread yesterday called "Harbingers of doooooooom......"

While you havent gone completely over to the dark side it would seem you are teetering on the brink.

Any news and sorry to spoil your fun BUT if UPIG had announced losses that would have been construed as bad news then it is prudent to assume that announcing profits should be construed as good news.

The light saber up the jacksie is what will be coming your way if you carry on down the wrong path auld one.

x x x x x

My oh my ....

While you havent gone completely over to the dark side it would seem you are teetering on the brink.

Any news and sorry to spoil your fun BUT if UPIG had announced losses that would have been construed as bad news then it is prudent to assume that announcing profits should be construed as good news.

The light saber up the jacksie is what will be coming your way if you carry on down the wrong path auld one.

x x x x x

:D i hardly think what i have said on this thread can be construed as being from a harbinger of doom!!!! i'm just saying that the apparent news of UBIG making a ?20M profit does not necessarily mean a great deal for us. it might be fantastic news, it might mean jack s*** for hearts.

i know your game fella, just stirring the custard of mischief.

As I have posted on other threads C Ogilvie may well have that in hand. Players wage budget reduced in Jan, nice wee cup run, possible 3/4 and europe. All would have us heading in the right direction. Just because things are tight just now, is no indication of impending doom.

As I have posted on other threads C Ogilvie may well have that in hand. Players wage budget reduced in Jan, nice wee cup run, possible 3/4 and europe. All would have us heading in the right direction. Just because things are tight just now, is no indication of impending doom.

LOL. you don't have to convince me mate, i've been saying that for yonks.

if you're looking for a wrist-slitter to poke at, you're poking the wrong fella. :)

My oh my ....

x x x x x

All those long sessions with Sir Gay when he wasn't posting on here for a few days have the auld yin on the turn.

He'll soon be drinking in the Nip before games then heading off to CC's with Prancer/Sir Gay

The dark side beckons for this once proud Jambo Jedi

Tiberius Stinkfinger
:D i hardly think what i have said on this thread can be construed as being from a harbinger of doom!!!! i'm just saying that the apparent news of UBIG making a ?20M profit does not necessarily mean a great deal for us. it might be fantastic news, it might mean jack s*** for hearts.

i know your game fella, just stirring the custard of mischief.

Now i am not going to get into a bun fight with you auld one,especially if your going to start lobbing custard around..

But....with all the negativity charging up the JKB boards,news of the clubs holding company making a significant profit in todays financial climate is extremely encouraging for the future of the club......Therefore good news.

As you are aware the impending administration has been looming over the club for a good while now,for the company that owns us to allow us to be liquidated while making a healthy profit wouldn't be the done thing sweety....Therefore good news. :xmasbabe:

LOL. you don't have to convince me mate, i've been saying that for yonks.

if you're looking for a wrist-slitter to poke at, you're poking the wrong fella. :)

Sorry if it sounds like I am getting at you. As has been posted you started the harbingers of Doom thread, so I know you are not on the negative side of the fence.

Just sometimes I take a bit longer to catch on. I take a fair dose of Morphine each day ( legal) and I read things in to what is writen, that are not there.

I also get very frustrated with doom merchants that go off half c*cked with no proof to back up their agenda's. I am happy with current form , happy with the manager. Unhappy with VR but happy he has taken a back seat.

If I come over all stroppy it's not really how I am. generally a very nice person( honest):xmaswoot:

All those long sessions with Sir Gay when he wasn't posting on here for a few days have the auld yin on the turn.

He'll soon be drinking in the Nip before games then heading off to CC's with Prancer/Sir Gay

The dark side beckons for this once proud Jambo Jedi

did the auld LF fella tell you about him finding a clone on this site mate? looks like darth gay, dark lord of the sith has been doing his evil deeds on here too.

portobellojambo1
Some people really need to stop posting when they know nothing about the context.

You seem to be having a fair old say without actually knowing the context, or is that allowed, does the stop posting rule only apply to others who may not have the financial acumen which you possess.

(on a side note why are all the fecking smilies wearing Santa hats, they look like a bunch of harry hooftahs).

Sorry if it sounds like I am getting at you. As has been posted you started the harbingers of Doom thread, so I know you are not on the negative side of the fence.

Just sometimes I take a bit longer to catch on. I take a fair dose of Morphine each day ( legal) and I read things in to what is writen, that are not there.

I also get very frustrated with doom merchants that go off half c*cked with no proof to back up their agenda's. I am happy with current form , happy with the manager. Unhappy with VR but happy he has taken a back seat.

If I come over all stroppy it's not really how I am. generally a very nice person( honest):xmaswoot:

indeed. no problemo.

see what happens when you agree with prancer, it's a thankless exercise. :)

portobellojambo1

Indeed.

Archived