Rangers fans to protest at BBC HQ

redm

'Vanguard Bears' believe that Rangers are under sustained attack from the media and the BBC in particular, and have arranged a protest for Dec 20th. I would copy and paste their mission statement thing (it's ridiculous) but it's worth reading the article for the comments debate that follows it....

http://scotzine.com/blog/?p=2496

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roddy Forsyth stating to Gordon Brewer on Newsnight Scotland, that Hearts had a worse problem with sectarianism than Celtic.

We'll do our own fights, although it's a noble thing they are trying to do.

:4_1_72:

Another poster wrote on here recently of his disgust at Celtic's "victim mentality". But if this doesn't demonstrate a victim mentality and paranoia gone mad, I don't know what does.

itsnomarooned

How bizarre !! - paranoia reigns supreme among us all it seems. Not sure where he's going with this one .....

"Roddy Forsyth stating to Gordon Brewer on Newsnight Scotland, that Hearts had a worse problem with sectarianism than Celtic"

Quite astonishing.

They really are the slimiest, smelliest bunch of lowlives ever to be excreted into society. Iwas getting wound up reading their apparent grievances as they are ridiculous in the extreme.

Quite astonishing.

They really are the slimiest, smelliest bunch of lowlives ever to be excreted into society. Iwas getting wound up reading their apparent grievances as they are ridiculous in the extreme.

They truly are the dark side of the force.

hmmmm, should be a riot.

and probably will be.

Let's hope the police take their dogs along.

Let's also hope they take some hungry lions as well.

Let's hope the police take their dogs along.

Let's also hope they take some hungry lions as well.

dunno which species of the big cats it is but whichever.... they only eat fresh killed meat, wont touch rotting, maggot infested carrion.

don't think it's lions but the point is made.

alwaysthereinspirit

That is quite funny. Rankgers fans thinking they're hard done to. Are they for real. Them and their city cousins have had everything handed to them on a plate for 10's of years. Scottish media against them:laugh:

Jeez they are as bad as each other. How anyone can prefer one to the other is beyond me.They hate each other and don?t really know why. Both have a thousand injustices to list but neither has a clue...

The People's Chimp
Roddy Forsyth stating to Gordon Brewer on Newsnight Scotland, that Hearts had a worse problem with sectarianism than Celtic.

The complete lie above is trotted out with astonishing regularity in glasgow.

Their list of grievances is absolutely brilliant. I found it especially amusing that they're actually complaining about the lack of media attention they got from the BBC when in Manchester...you'd think they might have been grateful.

I haven't a clue what the heck they're on about with the sectarian Labour Party 2014 stuff though...

The complete lie above is trotted out with astonishing regularity in glasgow.

Indeed it is. One upmarket tim in the Sunday Herald a few weeks ago claimed, incredibly, that we had the "2nd most offensive fans in Scotland". Unbelievable.

Rudolf's Mate
That is quite funny. Rankgers fans thinking they're hard done to. Are they for real. Them and their city cousins have had everything handed to them on a plate for 10's of years. Scottish media against them:laugh:

Problem is that they are second in the league and anything said against them is a conspiracy theory! Same goes for the other lot if the boot is on the other foot. When it's everyone else nobody takes any notice.

BBC Scotland Commentary of Celtic in Seville from Rob McLean “only the most blinkered Scots won’t be hoping for a Celtic victory”. This, in a stadium littered with Irish Flags and no Saltires.

Quite an amusing point. Well done.

Fozzyonthefence

"Roddy Forsyth stating to Gordon Brewer on Newsnight Scotland, that Hearts had a worse problem with sectarianism than Celtic"

When you see some of the posters on here it's sometimes difficult to argue with that - we don't do ourselves any favours. And no matter how distasteful some of the pro terrorist stuff, etc the Celtic fans come out with, a lot of it isn't actually sectarian. I think that's why they always get away with it wit UEFA & the SFA - it's too difficult to prove whereas the songs or you hear from Rangers or Hearts fans are sometimes just blatantly anti catholic.

* Joke Cartoon of Neil Lennon on hangman appears on Popular Rangers fan site Follow Follow. BBC Report it as a ?death threat? on Radio and on the BBC Website. The hosts of Follow Follow (footymad) close down the message board.

* Complete Ignorance of Pearson & Hartson ?videogate? scandal.

* Tam Cowan & Stuart Cosgrove continually using the H Word to describe the Rangers support, until it was officially declared sectarian by NbM.

* Upon the signing of Kevin Thomson, the report of the signing on the BBC Website carries a picture, which has been renamed by someone at the BBC to include the word ?*****?

* Richard Gordon, during his show covering the Transfer Window in 2005, used a racist comment to describe former Rangers player Filip Sebo, joking that he had been ?sold to Edinburgh Zoo?

* Weathergirl Kirsty McCabe calls Ibrox ?Castle Greyskull.?

* BBC Scotland ignore number of emails concerned at the lack of reporting of sectarian behaviour by the Celtic Support

* BBC Scotland schedule specific programme on BBC Radio Scotland about the Famine Song

* BBC Scotland Sportscene Programme?s ignorance of Rangers tributes to Scottish Soldiers previous to Poppy Day, while ignoring Celtic Supporters minutes applause, and walk out the following week.

* When leading on any ?sectarianism? news item, using images of Rangers supporters.

* Photo of Nell McAndrew in Rangers kit entitled ?Hun*****1.?

* Spreading the Lie that Artur Boruc was cautioned for blessing himself, across the BBC Network

* Allowing Cardinal PAP to demonise the Protestant Community by claiming there are those who go out to ?Punch a Pape?, and put his own spin on sectarian crime figures, which were wholly inaccurate

* Biased Commentary by David Begg commenting on ?Derry?s Walls? being sectarian, but no comment on songs from the Celtic Support.

* The disappointment in Kheredine Idessane?s voice when he announced that Rangers had been found ?not guilty? by UEFA.

* The victimisation of Alex Rae following his 50-50 tackle in a Rangers European tie against CSKA Moscow, and submitting footage of the tackle to UEFA.

* The failure to report on sectarianism within the Scottish Labour Party, and various land deals involving 2014, and associates of the Labour Party

* Use of the headline ?Rangers in Union Flag row? regarding the Blue Order organised flag display at Ibrox, with a one sided piece on it on Reporting Scotland

* On the last news report before a cup final involving Rangers and Motherwell, leading on a story about Celtic loan player Craig Bellamy possibly staying at the club.

* Using James Grady to comment on an incident against himself by Lorenzo Amuruso in a Scottish Cup Final with no right of reply for Amoruso.

* Roddy Forsyth stating to Gordon Brewer on Newsnight Scotland, that Hearts had a worse problem with sectarianism than Celtic.

* The Acceptance of Sanjeev Kholi as a football pundit, based upon his only claim to fame in being a ?football fan? was to accuse the Rangers support of racism against Mark Walters, when Walters had faced the worst display of Racism ever witnessed in Scottish Football by the Celtic Support at Celtic Park.

* Sending 88 Staff from the BBC to Seville at licence payers expense, with only a handful present in Manchester.

* The despatch of a film crew to Benidorm to report on a Celtic Fans convention that ended in fiasco ? and reported it as a success. They have never been present at any Rangers fan convention.

* BBC Scotland Commentary of Celtic in Seville from Rob McLean ?only the most blinkered Scots won?t be hoping for a Celtic victory?. This, in a stadium littered with Irish Flags and no Saltires.

* Nov 2006 ? Just prior to live coverage of an Old Firm game, broadcasting a programme on BBC Radio Scotland about the football song ?You?ll Never Walk Alone?. The last 15 minutes was a tribute to how it is sung at Celtic by two ?Celtic fans?, who both happened to be BBC Producers.

* Making the Producers of Blue Peter apologise for using the RHOU in a piece, owing to complaints from a Strathclyde University lecturer who is a member of ?Friends of Ireland?

* Ignorance of Neil Lennon?s DOB rant at the Rangers support & Dugout

* The refusal to publish or broadcast any facts on the ?bannergate? scandal, where a convicted i*a terrorist painted a banner for the ?Jungle Bhoys? supporters group partly funded by Celtic Football Club.

* Following Rangers being the first club in Scotland to qualify for the last 16 of the CL, the following morning?s Scottish BBC news neglected to mention the result at all.

* BBC Reporting of Irish Government intervention from information provided by Phil McGillivan on ?the famine song?

:rofl::rofl:

What a bunch of greeting faced fuds..

jamboinglasgow
It'd be funny if the foot bridge next to the BBC swings open as they cross to get their as they all plummet to a watery fate.

Damn timpathising bridge operators.

that made me laugh, imageing all these rangers fans getting to bells bridge and the bridge operaters just managing to get both bridges up in the nick of time.

Their list of grievances is absolutely brilliant. I found it especially amusing that they're actually complaining about the lack of media attention they got from the BBC when in Manchester...you'd think they might have been grateful.

I haven't a clue what the heck they're on about with the sectarian Labour Party 2014 stuff though...

I think they are reffering to not many bbc scotland staff going to manchester thinking it means there are not many Bbc staff there, but saying they had a huge office in manchester I think the bbc had it covered. Though I find it astonshing 88 staff to seville, waste of tax payers money.

And the labour party 2014 thing is in relation to the commonwealth games, think they are accusing labour of making the whole thing too near celtic park and hosting the opening ceremony at celtic park.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

My favourite Weathergirl Kirsty McCabe calls Ibrox ?Castle Greyskull

BOOO HOOOO

Dry yer eyes and straighten yer face as my old man would say

that made me laugh, imageing all these rangers fans getting to bells bridge and the bridge operaters just managing to get both bridges up in the nick of time.

I think they are reffering to not many bbc scotland staff going to manchester thinking it means there are not many Bbc staff there, but saying they had a huge office in manchester I think the bbc had it covered. Though I find it astonshing 88 staff to seville, waste of tax payers money.

And the labour party 2014 thing is in relation to the commonwealth games, think they are accusing labour of making the whole thing too near celtic park and hosting the opening ceremony at celtic park.

Ah right, thanks JIG...

What a choice to make...welcome to Scotland, this is Ibrox...or Parkhead...hmm...decisions, decisions.

I hope the tourist board have a damage limitation plan in place, this could cost the industry zillions.

Mwahahahahahaha!

Bunch of feckwits. Surely it's only a matter of time before they're found out for what they really are, a bunch of retarded, narrow-minded cavemen!

I think anyone has to be pretty naive not to think Celtic are BBC's Liverpool of the north. I do find it highly amusing seeing it come from Rangers though, perhaps the rest of the league could do a protest about the past few decades or so about the inherit Rangers/Celtic bias that plagues our football. C'est la vie. BBC Scotland are pish though. ;)

'Vanguard Bears' believe that Rangers are under sustained attack from the media and the BBC in particular, and have arranged a protest for Dec 20th. I would copy and paste their mission statement thing (it's ridiculous) but it's worth reading the article for the comments debate that follows it....

http://scotzine.com/blog/?p=2496

Imagine using the term (more than once) "enemies". We are supposed to be talking about Sport here. "Vanguard" deary me. These guys need treatment!!:laugh:

I have to say that I have always viewed BBC Scotland as having an overly visible pro-Celtic bias in their reporting. BBC Scotland has long since lost any credibility for unbiased reporting of most things here. Possibly the answer to this is to have their Scottish HQ removed from cesspit Glasgow and re-located in Edinburgh. That said their bias is more than made up for in the pro-Rangers reporting in the press. The truth is that this whole sorry scenario is really a sad reflection on the state of "journalism" in Scotland.

The Mighty Thor

Vanguard: a group of people who lead the development of new ideas, or a leading position in the development of something:

Oh the irony. What a name for a collection of people whose sole ideology is so ensconced in history, and another countries history at that.

Vanguard? Vaginas more like.

Why is the opening ceremony being held there ? I thought hampden was doing the athletics. It is doing the closing ceremony so why not the opening one ?

On the glasgow2014.com web site there is no mention of Celtic Park not even in the where the action will take place section

Why ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

There are probably one or two valid points in there, but most of the examples are laughable.

March 10, 2008 - Newsreader on the 10 o'clock news wears green tie. No blue socks for balance.

Why is the opening ceremony being held there ? I thought hampden was doing the athletics. It is doing the closing ceremony so why not the opening one ?

On the glasgow2014.com web site there is no mention of Celtic Park not even in the where the action will take place section

Why ?

Found it in another section

Colonel Kurtz

They are right...BBC Scotland is staffed by Timothy to a large extent,we suffered from this in The minutes silence ,when they ignored the fact that "Dirty Orange B@@@@rds" was also sung during the scheduled minutes silence

Just started to skim down this ... it's really very sad ...

"The disappointment in Kheredine Idessane?s voice when he announced that Rangers had been found ?not guilty? by UEFA. " ...

How the heck do you prove that ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just started to skim down this ... it's really very sad ...

"The disappointment in Kheredine Idessane?s voice when he announced that Rangers had been found ?not guilty? by UEFA. " ...

How the heck do you prove that ?

Precisely

To be fair, a large portion of west coast life is influenced by certain high profile catholics within the Scottish Labour Party.

Although no fan of Rangers myself i do agree that BBC Sctoland tend to arse lick Celtic and portray them in a positive light when its obvious that the rest of Scotland hate them more than Rangers, least rangers are proud to be Scottish, Celtic seem to be a irish club stuck in Scotland well if they feel like they should go home and get of our TV screens!!

Although no fan of Rangers myself i do agree that BBC Sctoland tend to arse lick Celtic and portray them in a positive light when its obvious that the rest of Scotland hate them more than Rangers, least rangers are proud to be Scottish, Celtic seem to be a irish club stuck in Scotland well if they feel like they should go home and get of our TV screens!!

Really ? Is that why they wave the Union Jack, not the Saltire ?

One's as bad as the other (half of the OF).

King of the North
To be fair, a large portion of west coast life is influenced by certain high profile catholics within the Scottish Labour Party.

rubbish

King of the North
Mwahahahahahaha!

Bunch of feckwits. Surely it's only a matter of time before they're found out for what they really are, a bunch of retarded, narrow-minded cavemen!

THing is, that is exactly what is happening - the problem for der hun is that they cannot cope with the fact that them, people like them and who share their abhhorrent worldview are things of the past.

So if they have a problem with the BBC, or the media, or with the public perception of Rangers FC, it is because they cannot cope with the fact that - shock horror - the Rangers 'culture' is no longer acceptable.

It is not the 1970s anymore. Society, the media, the BBC, have moved on. The problem for Rangers, as the events of Manchester demonstrated, is that the majority of their backward support have not.

Pathetic, whinging neanderthal hun bassas. The reason the BBC hate you is the same reason everyone else hates you - you are backward, bigotted morons.

Scotlands shame, right enough.

King of the North
There is the notion in many quarters that that is the case.

which quarters - the persecuted hun quarters? Vanguard bears?

If there are high profile catholics in west coast politics, I am sure it is only just beginning to redress the historical balance...

The huns just don't like the fact that the world is changing, and their bigotted worldview is no longer acceptable. They need to deal with it...

THing is, that is exactly what is happening - the problem for der hun is that they cannot cope with the fact that them, people like them and who share their abhhorrent worldview are things of the past.

So if they have a problem with the BBC, or the media, or with the public perception of Rangers FC, it is because they cannot cope with the fact that - shock horror - the Rangers 'culture' is no longer acceptable.

It is not the 1970s anymore. Society, the media, the BBC, have moved on. The problem for Rangers, as the events of Manchester demonstrated, is that the majority of their backward support have not.

Pathetic, whinging neanderthal hun bassas. The reason the BBC hate you is the same reason everyone else hates you - you are backward, bigotted morons.

Scotlands shame, right enough.

The sad truth is that they are BOTH tarred by the same brush. The sectarian bile spouted by both sets of fans and condoned by those in charge of both clubs sickens most right thinking people here. Unfortunately there are those in positions of influence in Scottish society who pander to one side or the other. Until that stops absolutely nothing will change.

which quarters - the persecuted hun quarters? Vanguard bears?

If there are high profile catholics in west coast politics, I am sure it is only just beginning to redress the historical balance...

The huns just don't like the fact that the world is changing, and their bigotted worldview is no longer acceptable. They need to deal with it...

I'll give you 3.

Glasgow Council and North Lanarkshire Council. That isn't to mention the obvious west coast/catholic bias that exsisted in Labours members of the Scottish Executive under Jack MacConnel.

* Joke Cartoon of Neil Lennon on hangman appears on Popular Rangers fan site Follow Follow. BBC Report it as a ?death threat? on Radio and on the BBC Website. The hosts of Follow Follow (footymad) close down the message board.

* Complete Ignorance of Pearson & Hartson ?videogate? scandal.

* Tam Cowan & Stuart Cosgrove continually using the H Word to describe the Rangers support, until it was officially declared sectarian by NbM.

* Upon the signing of Kevin Thomson, the report of the signing on the BBC Website carries a picture, which has been renamed by someone at the BBC to include the word ?*****?

* Richard Gordon, during his show covering the Transfer Window in 2005, used a racist comment to describe former Rangers player Filip Sebo, joking that he had been ?sold to Edinburgh Zoo?

* Weathergirl Kirsty McCabe calls Ibrox ?Castle Greyskull.?

* BBC Scotland ignore number of emails concerned at the lack of reporting of sectarian behaviour by the Celtic Support

* BBC Scotland schedule specific programme on BBC Radio Scotland about the Famine Song

* BBC Scotland Sportscene Programme?s ignorance of Rangers tributes to Scottish Soldiers previous to Poppy Day, while ignoring Celtic Supporters minutes applause, and walk out the following week.

* When leading on any ?sectarianism? news item, using images of Rangers supporters.

* Photo of Nell McAndrew in Rangers kit entitled ?Hun*****1.?

* Spreading the Lie that Artur Boruc was cautioned for blessing himself, across the BBC Network

* Allowing Cardinal PAP to demonise the Protestant Community by claiming there are those who go out to ?Punch a Pape?, and put his own spin on sectarian crime figures, which were wholly inaccurate

* Biased Commentary by David Begg commenting on ?Derry?s Walls? being sectarian, but no comment on songs from the Celtic Support.

* The disappointment in Kheredine Idessane?s voice when he announced that Rangers had been found ?not guilty? by UEFA.

* The victimisation of Alex Rae following his 50-50 tackle in a Rangers European tie against CSKA Moscow, and submitting footage of the tackle to UEFA.

* The failure to report on sectarianism within the Scottish Labour Party, and various land deals involving 2014, and associates of the Labour Party

* Use of the headline ?Rangers in Union Flag row? regarding the Blue Order organised flag display at Ibrox, with a one sided piece on it on Reporting Scotland

* On the last news report before a cup final involving Rangers and Motherwell, leading on a story about Celtic loan player Craig Bellamy possibly staying at the club.

* Using James Grady to comment on an incident against himself by Lorenzo Amuruso in a Scottish Cup Final with no right of reply for Amoruso.

* Roddy Forsyth stating to Gordon Brewer on Newsnight Scotland, that Hearts had a worse problem with sectarianism than Celtic.

* The Acceptance of Sanjeev Kholi as a football pundit, based upon his only claim to fame in being a ?football fan? was to accuse the Rangers support of racism against Mark Walters, when Walters had faced the worst display of Racism ever witnessed in Scottish Football by the Celtic Support at Celtic Park.

* Sending 88 Staff from the BBC to Seville at licence payers expense, with only a handful present in Manchester.

* The despatch of a film crew to Benidorm to report on a Celtic Fans convention that ended in fiasco ? and reported it as a success. They have never been present at any Rangers fan convention.

* BBC Scotland Commentary of Celtic in Seville from Rob McLean ?only the most blinkered Scots won?t be hoping for a Celtic victory?. This, in a stadium littered with Irish Flags and no Saltires.

* Nov 2006 ? Just prior to live coverage of an Old Firm game, broadcasting a programme on BBC Radio Scotland about the football song ?You?ll Never Walk Alone?. The last 15 minutes was a tribute to how it is sung at Celtic by two ?Celtic fans?, who both happened to be BBC Producers.

* Making the Producers of Blue Peter apologise for using the RHOU in a piece, owing to complaints from a Strathclyde University lecturer who is a member of ?Friends of Ireland?

* Ignorance of Neil Lennon?s DOB rant at the Rangers support & Dugout

* The refusal to publish or broadcast any facts on the ?bannergate? scandal, where a convicted i*a terrorist painted a banner for the ?Jungle Bhoys? supporters group partly funded by Celtic Football Club.

* Following Rangers being the first club in Scotland to qualify for the last 16 of the CL, the following morning?s Scottish BBC news neglected to mention the result at all.

* BBC Reporting of Irish Government intervention from information provided by Phil McGillivan on ?the famine song?

:rofl::rofl:

What a bunch of greeting faced fuds..

I've underlined my personal favourite, surely richard's commenting on his species not his race. I suppose your average hun can't tell the difference.:tongue:

Here's a high profile Catholic in politics - Jim Murphy - I really rate him.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/news/display.var.2474157.0.Plans_to_axe_Act_of_Settlement_revealed_by_minister.php

I wonder how Rangers fans feel about the archaic Act of Settlement disallowing Catholics from being King or Queen of this country ?

(I am not a Catholic, by the way)

Archived